It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Alvin "Bud" Dupree Article on BSPN
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:47 pm 

Could be correct about Mitchell.

However, when a DB screws up it's really noticeable. With Jones, the guy could go weeks on end without anyone knowing he even suited up for the game.

I used to joke and refer to him as Barnaby Jones because he was slow & weak. I should have been calling him Casper the Friendly Ghost or the Invisible Man...

Someone else's problem now. He appears to be a good guy so hopefully he finds a niche for himself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:37 pm 

Jervis was lazy. He was built like veal. He earned that. There was an article over on 'the other site' where Wex said something like "folks think you need to get stronger, you going to start lifting weights" and his response was "nah, that's not my thing"

his pass rushing "repertoire" was the same at year 4 of the NFL as it was his final college season. He improved on nothing other than his understanding of the NFL game. Lazy, plain old lazy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 am 

sgtrobo wrote:
Jervis was lazy. He was built like veal. He earned that. There was an article over on 'the other site' where Wex said something like "folks think you need to get stronger, you going to start lifting weights" and his response was "nah, that's not my thing"

his pass rushing "repertoire" was the same at year 4 of the NFL as it was his final college season. He improved on nothing other than his understanding of the NFL game. Lazy, plain old lazy.

This was always my take on Jervis- the last 2-3 years at least. He's the only young front seven guy on the team that didn't physically change from year one on. Lazy and didn't love the game/job is what I assumed at some point. He still made, what, $10mm or so for four years work? And, will continue to make almost $1mm a year as long as he stays on a roster. My guess is he saw this as an opportunity to just get by and make himself $10-15mm over a 6-7 year period and then be set for life. At least he didn't fool us into a $50mm loss like Woodley did! :roll: