It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:35 am 

This make me wonder if players can take loaded weapons on board with chartered steeler flights. Either way, I'm not sure what level of stupid this guy checks in at, but the only way someone takes a loaded weapon on board an airplane is because A. they think they can get away with it (hey, I'm a steeler. I don't have to play by the rules like average folk), B. they are a dimwit with a barely functioning half a brain, or C. He's off-the-charts paranoid bordering on mentally unstable.

Hmmm. Do I check this gun in my luggage or do I saunter through security with it loaded? While black?

And here we're all talking about getting smart players for the secondary.

Ha.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 am 

Give the guy a break.

He was probably boarding an overbooked United flight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:34 pm 

I fly every week and have accidentally brought knives onto planes before. Recently I went from BWI to Chicago with a knife (4"blade 8" extended total) and made it there fine. On the way home they found it. I had not idea it was in there. They just let me check my bag. You can transport firearms in checked luggage too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm 

Quote:
You can transport firearms in checked luggage too.

Golson evidently doesn't know the difference between "checked luggage" and "baggage check".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:18 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
If Golson was white, I would have used a similar stupid speaking ability w a white trash angle.

Please don't try and make something out of nothing.

My post was made based on stupidity, not race.

Plenty of dumb white players out there as well.

No need to explain it.

Black people are notorious for butchering the English language. White trash usually just leave certain letters out!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:47 am 

955876 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
So...not only is he small and always injured, he's a Glocktard to boot!?! :shock:
Cut his ass now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glocks are kinda the AK-47 of the pistol world. Not the prettiest of firearms but extremely reliable and require very little maintenance to keep them running.

I know some purist don't like Glocks because of the polymer frame and/or blocky look. Plus the grip & grip size just doesn't feel right to some. My Sigs fit much better in hand than my Glocks that's for sure. Sig doesn't have a decent carry option though that's "on roster" in CA so the Glocks win out in that regard.

Is there some reason in particular you don't like them or were you just being funny? Just curious.

I dont like pistols that dont have functional safeties by design. If you can pick up a pistol, and by pulling the trigger take it off safety, that's not a safety.
I do respect it for being accurate and insanely reliable.

Most of my pistols are HKs (P9S, USP, P7), I have a couple 1911s and one High Power.

I have handled a couple P226s, but that grip is too fat for me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:20 pm 

Lots of folks think the same as you regarding the lack of an actual safety so I understand.

And for a novice shooter you are right that it does create or increase the likelylood of a negligent discharge.

Another issue with the Glock is the trigger pull which is much lighter (5.5 lbs) than your typical double action revolver or say a DA/SA Sig where that first double action pull is 10 lbs.

A benefit of that however is that the trigger pull is consistent and Glocks have short resets so follow-up shots can be got off quick. Especially if you train to not release the trigger all the way after the shot. Your average shooter doesn't take it to that level let alone train.

I cringe and actually get nervous at the range when other shooters are there and I see there complete lack of trigger and/or muzzle discipline.

Straight trigger finger is and will always be the best safety there is. Unfortunately most people don't do it.

I've been looking for an old school 1911 but they are hard to come by in CA. The classic Colt 1911s are all off the CA DOJ "roster" so the only way to acquire one is to find a used one already in state.

And if you have one you either (a) dont want to sell it or (b) will only sell it at a huge premium.

Surprised you find the grip fat on the P226. That's my favorite grip of my semi-autos. Better than my Glocks.

I suppose if you have 1911s though that is your reference point. My 226 gets compared to the Glocks which definitely don't compare to the 1911 in terms of grip feel.

You dont happen to live in CA and want to unload the 1911 do you?? :lol: ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 pm 

My Favorite 'Handgun'. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:39 pm 

You most certainly don't live in CA... :o

Although I did pick up a 50 round drum that fits 9mm Glock last time I was in Vegas.

Just did it because I was there and could. Can't take it to range to try out or anywhere for that matter.
Ultimately a waste of dough.

Will stay locked up in the safe until the zombie apocalypse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 pm 

I can outshoot all of you with my Browning Buckmark 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next