It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm 

What happened to common sense? I know the guy has gone through an airport before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:35 pm 

I'm all for owning personal firearms. I believe a good gun is like a condom. It's better to have one and not need it than to not have one and need it. That said, I think there's a bit of a difference between want and need.

I want a gun for self defense. I want a gun to practice self defense. I want a gun to hunt with. I want a gun because I collect many different types that fascinate me... etc, etc, etc....

I need a gun because I make bank and I can. I need a gun because I choose to associate myself with the less than reputable demographic in today's society. I need a gun cause where I choose to place myself in that environment among those less than reputable individuals there's a good chance it could be dangerous enough to need a gun.
Police officers fit the need aspect. Military personnel fit the need aspect. A Pro Athlete?! A Smart Pro Athlete? No! A Dumb Simple Minded Pro Athlete?! Yeah!

Especially in an Airport! Come On Man....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 pm 

R S wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
TSA agent scanning bag - "uhh, I got a gun over here"

Senquez, looking dumbfounded as TSA agent asks him to step out of line

"Sir, do you realize you have a gun in your carry on?"

"Ain't no gun bitches, dats a Glock."

"Uhhh yeah. You're gonna need to come with us."

"Don't you fools know who I is? I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

"Never saw you before sir. Please. Step out of line."

"Dis shit is whacked. You are gonna hear from my lawyers. I know my rights."

was there audio or are you just assuming he can't speak good English because he's black?

I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he assumed that because Golson is just stupid. Apparent by the stupidity of his actions.

And if there is one thing that doesn't discriminate in this world it's stupid. Something no race or ethnic background is immune from.

But I can't speak for the OP in regards to the comment. And it did come off as you assumed.

Let's just hope that Golson doesn't have as hard a time grasping the playbook as he does the very intricate procedures of boarding a plane. That and he should look to getting some firearms training.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm 

If Golson was white, I would have used a similar stupid speaking ability w a white trash angle.

Please don't try and make something out of nothing.

My post was made based on stupidity, not race.

Plenty of dumb white players out there as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:37 pm 

They wouldn't let me carry nail clippers on a flight. I think the TSA thought I might attempt to trim my toenails during the flight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 pm 

blu wrote:
They wouldn't let me carry nail clippers on a flight. I think the TSA thought I might attempt to trim my toenails during the flight.

LoL. I used to fly a lot a few years ago. I once flew to Pa from NC with a leatherman and noticed it when I got to my brothers house to unpack. I had a holy shit moment and couldn't believe it wasn't noticed. Was happy as hell I didn't lose it to TSA. RDU TO ELM thru DETROIT. MADE ME THINK WTF is their level of security.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
blu wrote:

LoL. I used to fly a lot a few years ago. I once flew to Pa from NC with a leatherman and noticed it when I got to my brothers house to unpack. I had a holy shit moment and couldn't believe it wasn't noticed. Was happy as hell I didn't lose it to TSA. RDU TO ELM thru DETROIT. MADE ME THINK WTF is their level of security.

I flew to Cozumel Mexico for a scuba diving trip this past summer. Without thinking, I threw my on my Reef flip flops...the ones with the metal bottle opener on the bottom.

Didn't realize those were the ones I had on until I hit the security gate and took them off. Got nervous as hell. I mean, if they're not going to allow things like nail clippers and a 5oz bottle of shampoo, why would they allow a metal bottle opener? My other shoes were all in my checked bag, so I had a feeling I'd be making this flight barefoot (if that's even allowed).

Luckily, they didn't seem to notice, or maybe didn't care. But still. TSA regulations are so inconsistent it's hard to tell what's allowed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:14 pm 

Back on target, though...

The only thing I support more than our right to carry arms, is proper training on how to handle those arms and the laws around them.

My extended family falls firmly in the "redneck" category. Everyone has a gun, many of them conceal carry. And two things you'll never see in my family is someone being careless with a firearm, and someone not understanding where they're allowed to take it.

If you're going to own and/or carry a gun, you better know how to be safe and legal with it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:22 am 

+1,000 Lips.

Former Marine here. If you don't learn anything else in your time there you will learn how to handle a firearm and more inportantly how to do so safely. No such thing as an "accidental" discharge. It's called a negligent discharge.

I cringe every time I see someone pick up a gun and their finger goes right into the trigger.

Straight trigger finger is such an easy safety measure yet so often ignored or just not even thought of.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 am 

955876 wrote:
R S wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
TSA agent scanning bag - "uhh, I got a gun over here"

Senquez, looking dumbfounded as TSA agent asks him to step out of line

"Sir, do you realize you have a gun in your carry on?"

"Ain't no gun bitches, dats a Glock."

"Uhhh yeah. You're gonna need to come with us."

"Don't you fools know who I is? I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

"Never saw you before sir. Please. Step out of line."

"Dis shit is whacked. You are gonna hear from my lawyers. I know my rights."

was there audio or are you just assuming he can't speak good English because he's black?

I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he assumed that because Golson is just stupid. Apparent by the stupidity of his actions.

And if there is one thing that doesn't discriminate in this world it's stupid. Something no race or ethnic background is immune from.

But I can't speak for the OP in regards to the comment. And it did come off as you assumed.

Let's just hope that Golson doesn't have as hard a time grasping the playbook as he does the very intricate procedures of boarding a plane. That and he should look to getting some firearms training.

Barney is easy to troll :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next