It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Draft Whispers(Bullshit rumors in other words)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:01 am 

Taco Charlton is the player who intrigues me the most in this draft. I have no idea what to make of him.

He has showed constant improvement...He is a football playing Jesse. He moves pretty well...Actually really well for a 270 pounder

Where does he fit in a 34? Maybe dumps 5-10 pounds and plays OLB...Maybe adds 10 pounds and plays 5 Tech.

Peppers had zero pass defensed last year..1 Int. I view Peppers as a major gamble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:48 pm 

Peppers will not start until November at best. A safety with 13PD and 1 INT in 3 years means he is getting by on athletic ability.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:11 pm 

FC wrote:
Taco Charlton is the player who intrigues me the most in this draft. I have no idea what to make of him.

He has showed constant improvement...He is a football playing Jesse. He moves pretty well...Actually really well for a 270 pounder

Where does he fit in a 34? Maybe dumps 5-10 pounds and plays OLB...Maybe adds 10 pounds and plays 5 Tech.

Peppers had zero pass defensed last year..1 Int. I view Peppers as a major gamble

Didn't Peppers mainly play LBer last year?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:55 pm 

He basically spied the QB on pass plays and played the run downhill.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:55 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
FC wrote:

Yes but safety his first 2 years. I think his soph season was injury shorten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:56 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
FC wrote:

Yes but safety his first 2 years. I think his soph season was injury shorten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:47 pm 

Peppers is probably going to be a "redshirt" for whoever drafts him. He needs a lot of work. He's not great in coverage.

Give me Melifonwu or Jordan Willis in the first. T.J. Watt if he slides.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:50 pm 

The Sporting News' Eric Galko passes along that Missouri edge rusher Charles Harris has received "multiple" top-10 grades.
Galko, himself, expects Harris to be drafted within the first 15 picks. The analyst pegs his draft ceiling as high as the No. 6 pick to the Jets and does not believe that the 6-foot-3, 260-pounder will fall further than the Colts at No. 15. Not everybody sees matters so ebulliently. Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, for one, did not have Harris sliding off the board until pick No. 58 (to the Seahawks) in his most recent four-round mock draft. We would tend more toward Galko's assessment of Harris as a potential top-15 pick than we would Pauline's more conservative second-round evaluation.

One NFL executive believes that Western Michigan WR Corey Davis might slide to the second round.
"I like Corey Davis as a player, but he's been out of sight, out of my mind in the spring," the executive said, adding that "[t]he fact that he won't run a 40 isn't a huge deal but it could impact the thinking of some teams around the league." We have heard these kinds of rumblings over the past few weeks. The 6-foot-3, 215-pounder has been largely unable to participate in the pre-draft process due to a minor ankle surgery he underwent in February. Davis was mocked in the top-10 during some industry exercises this winter, though, and could end up being one of the steals of the draft if he does, indeed, take a little tumble.

PFT's Mike Florio cites a source saying Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon could be waiting to hear his name called beyond rounds two and three.

"At least one source has suggested that Mixon possibly won’t be drafted at all," Florio writes. Interesting. The general sentiment seems to be that Mixon winds up in round two or even with the Saints possibly at No. 32. Each team will have to have owner clearance, and a few have received that on the second day. Teams likely believe the media attention will be the same wherever and whenever he will be drafted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:37 pm 

I like to check in with Walterfootball but they have jumped the shark this year. Walter says we take the ND Quarterback in the 1st.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 am 

finally have gotten a chance to pay some attention to folks other than just UW Huskies.

Charles Harris, Jabril Peppers, and Kizer all scare the fuck out of me, in the same way that Jarvis Jones scared the fuck out of me pre-draft. i.e. I hate the player, think he's going to bust, and I really fear the Steelers will pick him(them)
Harris will be long gone. Neither Colbert nor Tomlin attended ND pro day, nor did they schedule a private workout... chances are good that Kizer will not be the pick at 1.30.

Peppers? They were at his pro day-- but had dinner with Taco & Wormley, instead of Peppers. Peppers does fit the age and other markers, and one can imagine they could see him as another Troy Polamalu (even if you and I do not).

If they fall-- perfect fits, underaged: Gareon Conley, Patrick Mahomes II, Malik Hooker, or David Njoku
Right in their range, check all their boxes: Marlon Humphrey, T.J. Watt, Jabril Peppers, Derek Barnett, Jarrad Davis, Quincy Wilson
Older than they'd like, but great fits at positions of need: Carl Lawson, Marcus Maye
Checks all the boxes but maybe a shade early: Raekwon McMillan
If the rest of the board is decimated: Taco Charlton, Obi Melinfonwu, Takk McKinley, Corey Davis, Mike Williams
Too radioactive for round 1: Joe Mixon, Jourdan Lewis, Tim Williams