It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Draft Whispers(Bullshit rumors in other words)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:01 pm 

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports that Steelers GM Kevin Colbert would "love" Michigan S Jabrill Peppers at pick No. 30.
Kinkhabwala hears that the Steelers will be selecting either the best available corner or safety at that slot in the first round. Peppers' draft range is a rather wide one that could see him off the board as early as the teens or as late as the second round, so it is somewhat difficult to state with any sort of certainty whether he will still be around at the 30th pick for the Steelers' drafting pleasure.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000798947/Kinkhabwala-Big-Ben-lobbying-for-TE-in-draft

Post subject: Re: Draft Whispers(Bullshit rumors in other words)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 pm 

FC wrote:
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports that Steelers GM Kevin Colbert would "love" Michigan S Jabrill Peppers at pick No. 30.
Kinkhabwala hears that the Steelers will be selecting either the best available corner or safety at that slot in the first round. Peppers' draft range is a rather wide one that could see him off the board as early as the teens or as late as the second round, so it is somewhat difficult to state with any sort of certainty whether he will still be around at the 30th pick for the Steelers' drafting pleasure.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000798947/Kinkhabwala-Big-Ben-lobbying-for-TE-in-draft

A birdie told me Colbert is not the only one who likes Peppers at 1.30. Apparently. Who knows what is disinfo at this stage.

Normally, I think the Steelers are pretty straightforward this time of year-- we always try to read too much into it. But, damn, their words and actions this draft season are pretty much incomprehensible, unless you think they have zero interest in Jordan Willis or Tyus Bowser, and are set on taking a QB at 1.30. They also seem more inclined to take a safety than a CB-- which I'm more or less on board with, depending on how the board falls.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 pm 

FC wrote:

She is the same Aditi Kinkhabwala who lied about AB's "pouting" in the AFCCG. Not a fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:45 pm 

Quote:
Taco Charlton - DL - Wolverines
Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Michigan edge rusher Taco Charlton is meeting with the Detroit Lions on Friday.
The Lions hold the No. 21 pick in Round 1. Rap Sheet additionally reports that Charlton met with the Cowboys earlier this week. He has previously checked in with the Saints, Ravens, Cardinals, Titans and Steelers. One NFL scout who spoke with Bob McGuinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel earlier during the evaluating process comped the 6-foot-6, 270-pounder to Cardinals LB Chandler Jones, noting that "things come easy to him." His stock range is a wide one, as it wouldn't surprise if Charlton landed in the top-20 on Day 1, nor would it surprise if he slid into Round 2.
Source: Ian Crapreport on Twitter Apr 7 - 3:24 PM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:40 pm 

So would the interest be to replace Mitchell or the kid they literally just drafted in the 2nd round last year?

When is Mitchell's contract up?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:48 pm 

955876 wrote:
So would the interest be to replace Mitchell or the kid they literally just drafted in the 2nd round last year?

When is Mitchell's contract up?

immediate replacement for Robert Golden/Jordan Dangerfield, who played a lot of snaps in big nickel/dime.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:10 pm 

Remaining quiet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:25 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Remaining quiet

Body frame and wrist circumference measurements at the ready?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:30 pm 

Obviously wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Remaining quiet

Body frame and wrist circumference measurements at the ready?

At a minimum.......I've seen Mayock pick Peppers for the Steelers

Mayock got DeCastro correct for us

I've personally thought he goes before we pick, but I'm no Mel Kiper.

I'm way behind on tape scrubbing due to my job and life getting in the way.

I'm in the minority, but I like Peppers.

Salt too....PUSH IT REAL GOOD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:22 am 

I'd rather take Jones in the 2nd or Evans in the third. Peppers seems like a lot of hype.