It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants a TE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:32 pm 

955876 wrote:
It's really a shame that Deuce pulled Tomlin & Ben aside and told them that Haley and the offense are completely hands off. That the design, implementation, and execution of the offense are 100% the responsibility of the OC and that as HC & QB they are not allowed to change or meddle in any of it.

In Tomlin's case, he is only allowed to show up and watch what unfolds on Sunday.

Ben is here to run what is called without question. He is not allowed input either.

There is a rumor floating around that Haley now installs most of the defense as well as having final say on draft picks.

Being the kid of a former employee sure does have its advantages. I'm surprised Tomlin even gets an extension given that Haley is really the man in charge.

While I am sure that Tomlin has his hands all over this offense, it is exactly what he (and A2) wants, I honestly believe that the QB has very little/no input whatsoever in how the offense is designed and called. IMO, I think we might be surprised at how few NFL QBs actually have a significant hand in their teams game planning.
Being around football coaches for a good portion of my life, albeit not NFL coaches, I'm pretty comfortable in stating that they are a stubborn bunch, by and large. For the most part, they want things done their way, and their way only!

Post subject: Re: Ben wants a TE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:38 pm 

Except there have been several articles since Haley was hired that have stated he left his ego at the door and welcomes input from others.

I would assume that to include his QB and HC in particular.

Which is my point. That this offense belongs to all three of them. I'm not a Haley apologist so bash him all you want. Just be sure not to excuse one coach while laying all of the blame at the foot of another. Which is done in abundance around here. And I'm speaking in general, not referring to you specifically Jobus.

If Ben has issues with the offense it's his fault for not doing anything about it.

Same goes for Tomlin...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9