It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9120
955876 wrote:
I dont think I'd buy Deuce calling Tomlin into his office and giving him the "hands off" speech.

Which is why I believe it to be highly likely that Tomlin is very much on board with what this team does offensively.


Precisely. A former DC and 10-yr HC should be plenty capable of dissecting how to attack the opposing team's defense. He doesn't have to draw up plays, or make the calls, but he sure as hell SHOULD have his fingerprints all over the offensive philosophy and gameplans.

I mean, he got Finchner involved in the 2-pt plays....you know, the ones where they pass every time. Would it take a rocket scientist to say "hey, I like what you guys are doing....but, you know, maybe be a little less predictable"?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 608
955876 wrote:
It's definitely possible LTW and I'd have no way of disproving any of it as it actually makes a lot of sense and is quite believable.

At the same time, having Haley as OC doesn't have to mean Haley has 100% impunity to do whatever he wants without any input, direction, or being overruled from time to time by the HC.

I can buy Deuce wanting to bring Haley in. I dont think I'd buy Deuce calling Tomlin into his office and giving him the "hands off" speech.

Which is why I believe it to be highly likely that Tomlin is very much on board with what this team does offensively.

It is also why when the shit gets slung at Haley I remind those people that Haley has a boss who allows these things to occur. Wanting to keep Ben upright was what Deuce wanted. I doubt he wanted stale & predictable playcalling.

And none of this speaks to Tomlin and his complete lack of situational awareness during games. Which is why I've come to think he's a bit of a fraud.

Sometimes I feel like the guy would lose a game of checkers with a 3rd grader 3 times in a row on the same move. I used to really like Tomlin.


You make some good points and I don't disagree with everything you said. Still, I have a positive opinion of Tomlin and I'm hopeful we get over the hump before Ben retires.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3365
I'm hopeful as well. Just no longer confident. I bought in early to what Tomlin was saying. Took quite a few years but came to realize they were mostly just hollow words IMO.

Far too many games where coaching has been the major discrepancy vs talent.

BB would have easily beaten us just as badly with our roster and us theirs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6415
955876 wrote:
I'm hopeful as well. Just no longer confident. I bought in early to what Tomlin was saying. Took quite a few years but came to realize they were mostly just hollow words IMO.

Far too many games where coaching has been the major discrepancy vs talent.

BB would have easily beaten us just as badly with our roster and us theirs.


THIS^

Especially the last sentence.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20563
Steel 40 wrote:
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Ravens analogy is not a good one. Steelers went through the Ravens to 2 superbowl appearances. The lamenting about not beating the Ravens started 2 years ago when the Ravens swept the steelers (for about half their win total for the year if I recall). Those 2 losses to a suck out loud raven team helped the steelers secure a road game against the Bengals in the playoffs after praying for a bills upset against the jets just to get in the playoffs.

Then 1-1 last year. The "trend" is not "back to kicking their ass". The trend went from winning when it mattered against them to struggling against them, even with a far more talented team.

Now...the Patriots dream that started this thread. I had the same misguided optimism all year last year. I just KNEW it was the year the steelers play the Pats in the playoffs and get over that hurdle.

Well....i was half right....if you consider that abortion "playing the Pats". Pats played the steelers for sure, that I know. Like a cat with a crippled mouse.

How anyone can not still be disgusted with that showing is beyond me. The Texans were more competitive and they had one of the worst starting qb's in the league.



Spot on. I actually thought it was the time we were going to go into Foxboro even and get the W. I had no idea how or why, I just strongly felt like it was going to happen. Then, we witnessed that abortion game plan and the ensuing nightmare unfold. Fucking horrible. It'll leave a bitter taste in my mouth probably for ever, every time it gets brought up.


Yeah just keep ignoring the fact that our team MVP playoff record-setter missed most of the game. Maybe we still lose but it would've been a lot closer.

Win your home game this season (stay healthy) and maybe you've got a chance to finally end this nightmare.


Again, did you miss the 2010 Sunday nighter at Heinz Field, when the Pats kicked our asses?

I guarantee you the Patriots do not fear to play the Steelers any time, anywhere.

They will beat us in the rain...or on a boat...or on a train. It does not matter.

Before the AFCCG, they were mocking the Steelers.

Which they had every right to do.

They have a better team, better coaching, and better organization.

They fucking own our asses.

Doesn't matter how many stars we load up with...they will find a way to beat us 9 times out of 10.

It sucks to say it, but it's true.

If only our team and braintrust would say this...because the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5168
Jeemie wrote:
Again, did you miss the 2010 Sunday nighter at Heinz Field, when the Pats kicked our asses?

I guarantee you the Patriots do not fear to play the Steelers any time, anywhere.

They will beat us in the rain...or on a boat...or on a train. It does not matter.

Before the AFCCG, they were mocking the Steelers.

Which they had every right to do.

They have a better team, better coaching, and better organization.

They fucking own our asses.

Doesn't matter how many stars we load up with...they will find a way to beat us 9 times out of 10.

It sucks to say it, but it's true.

If only our team and braintrust would say this...because the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.
Ok. That sounds reasonable enough. That's pretty much where I am, but I'm entertaining other factors just for shits and giggles. What other reason would possibly explain the butt fuck rape the steelers endured in january?

2. They were sick and didn't want to blame anything or anybody for their failures. There were reports that a stomach flu was making the rounds and several steelers were affected. This could have easily sapped them of copious amounts of energy. They did seem lethargic.
3. The steelers coaching staff overestimated the intelligence and experience of the defensive secondary. Couple that with #2 and you get a reasonable facsimile of what happened in that game. On both sides of the ball.
4. They expected Bell to have a monster game, placing all their eggs in one (or two, with AB) baskets. AB was a non-factor. They thought they could keep pace with the pats offense, but failed to have a plan B when they realized Bell was going to be out right before the start of the game. Considering the lax state of structure or discipline, it wouldn't surprise me that Bell kept his injury to himself because he "really wanted to play."
5. They purposefully (or more specifically, were instructed to) let the pats walk all over them as compensation for deflategate and head to the SB. This would explain BR's comments. Why compete when the outcome is pre-determined? Maybe his retirement talk was a direct shot across Goodell's bow on the state of the NFL, and not Haley. This one's for you, Beth.

The reason I include #5 is because practically the entirety of steeler nation (with the exception of Lit), thought the game would at least be competitive. How is it that so many were so wrong? Sound familiar, eh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm
Posts: 450
In response to the perfect Jeemie I'd;

My point for this entire thread is that I want to get a win against the Patriots so that as a team we know it's possible. My point is that the best way is a home prime time game with our FOUR EXPLOSIVE OFFENSIVE weapons healthy and ready to hunt. Far better than our recent history of getting rolled in Foxboro with one or more missing.

So if it happens will you come on here and apologize. No instead you'll either site luck, say we still will lose in a playoff game or some other bullcrap excuse.

I just want to see the BEES together balling out in front of a national audience so we can believe there's a way to crack the BRADY/BELLICHECK code. There ABSOLUTELY is no game you can pull out of your ass with them facing THE BB boys.

I have copied your diatribe for future reference. And I will use it after that spectacular game in November. Stay tuned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20563
Steel 40 wrote:
In response to the perfect Jeemie I'd;

My point for this entire thread is that I want to get a win against the Patriots so that as a team we know it's possible. My point is that the best way is a home prime time game with our FOUR EXPLOSIVE OFFENSIVE weapons healthy and ready to hunt. Far better than our recent history of getting rolled in Foxboro with one or more missing.

So if it happens will you come on here and apologize. No instead you'll either site luck, say we still will lose in a playoff game or some other bullcrap excuse.

I just want to see the BEES together balling out in front of a national audience so we can believe there's a way to crack the BRADY/BELLICHECK code. There ABSOLUTELY is no game you can pull out of your ass with them facing THE BB boys.

I have copied your diatribe for future reference. And I will use it after that spectacular game in November. Stay tuned.


My point was it's not because of our lack of stars playing together that we keep losing to them.

And you even tacitly admit this by pretty much admitting the only way we have a chance to beat the Patriots is if we play them with each and every condition that could possibly be in our favor lining up together.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 11401
At risk of being labeled 'conspiracy theorist' or 'dude with tin foil hat' I believe that your #5 is plausible Cor-Ten. I know many football fans [of other teams] that thought the same. If any team can compete and give the cheats grief it is the Steelers. That's all I heard from folks before the AFCCG. Not predicting a Steelers win but simply the Steelers matched up good enough and would at least stay in the game making it competitive. Obviously that was not to be. All those same folks had the same outlook as I did post game. WTF?! The Steelers came out strong to open and just took a nose dive like a 'paid off' prize fighter throwing a fight. Not implying any fix/script just an observation.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What I MUST SEE on our Regular Season Schedule Next Week
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm
Posts: 450
Jeemie wrote:
Steel 40 wrote:
In response to the perfect Jeemie I'd;

My point for this entire thread is that I want to get a win against the Patriots so that as a team we know it's possible. My point is that the best way is a home prime time game with our FOUR EXPLOSIVE OFFENSIVE weapons healthy and ready to hunt. Far better than our recent history of getting rolled in Foxboro with one or more missing.

So if it happens will you come on here and apologize. No instead you'll either site luck, say we still will lose in a playoff game or some other bullcrap excuse.

I just want to see the BEES together balling out in front of a national audience so we can believe there's a way to crack the BRADY/BELLICHECK code. There ABSOLUTELY is no game you can pull out of your ass with them facing THE BB boys.

I have copied your diatribe for future reference. And I will use it after that spectacular game in November. Stay tuned.


My point was it's not because of our lack of stars playing together that we keep losing to them.

And you even tacitly admit this by pretty much admitting the only way we have a chance to beat the Patriots is if we play them with each and every condition that could possibly be in our favor lining up together.


I'm asking for two things;
1. The four BEES together for the first time. There are 22 starters on O & D.
2. Prime time at home since they recently got to play us in front of a national audience and simply embarrassed us and the Steeler brand.

Very simple request really. Yes the Pats are VERY good and it's going to take something VERY special to beat them. I think the BEES are that something if they can stay healthy and "clean" for one stupid game.

That's what I want. Nothing more.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 86n96, Baltostiller, BethlehemSteel, Bing [Bot], DP39, fortythree, fractalsteel, Ice, JackSplat58, KC, Scunge, Steel Drummer, Will-the-Shake, Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group