It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:36 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
As for my above conjecture of Ben's feelings, I have only ever heard Ben exude confidence, so I would expect that to be the case ongoing. You know, unless you have EVIDENCE to the contrary.

He said "I don't call the plays". Not sure how anyone spins that into a vote of confidence. The second time he went to Tomlin about the players, Ben went public with his comments....again, not sure how that's spun into a vote of confidence.

Guy loves and has so much faith in the coaches he's going to play until they have to carry him off the field, instead of retiring prematurely....oh, wait.

It's a message board - 95% of what's posted here is conjecture, and I'm sure you contribute plenty of your own. Don't play the high & mighty act because you don't like what the smoke says about the coaches.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:42 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
As for my above conjecture of Ben's feelings, I have only ever heard Ben exude confidence, so I would expect that to be the case ongoing. You know, unless you have EVIDENCE to the contrary.

He said "I don't call the plays". Not sure how anyone spins that into a vote of confidence. The second time he went to Tomlin about the players, Ben went public with his comments....again, not sure how that's spun into a vote of confidence.

Guy loves and has so much faith in the coaches he's going to play until they have to carry him off the field, instead of retiring prematurely....oh, wait.

It's a message board - 95% of what's posted here is conjecture, and I'm sure you contribute plenty of your own. Don't play the high & mighty act because you don't like what the smoke says about the coaches.

Why did he re-sign to stay here for the rest of his career? Surely he could have gotten more money on the open market. If he hates it here, and the coaches, so much, why didn't he leave?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:22 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Why did he re-sign to stay here for the rest of his career? Surely he could have gotten more money on the open market. If he hates it here, and the coaches, so much, why didn't he leave?

Maybe he thought the shit show would improve. Or maybe he took the guaranteed money because he was looking at franchise tags thru at least 2018, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:59 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

Maybe he thought the shit show would improve. Or maybe he took the guaranteed money because he was looking at franchise tags thru at least 2018, anyway.

No other team in the league considers an AFCCG season to be a "shit show."

This has gone far beyond ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 am 

Laying the Wood wrote:

None of them has a HOF QB, and none of them got their ass obliterated in the conference championship.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

None of them has a HOF QB, and none of them got their ass obliterated in the conference championship.

I wonder whether this true or whether you're just hoping it is and making it up.

My standards are simply lower than yours. I can't call an AFCCG beat down a shit show season.

I'm on record as being more mortified by the KC win than the Pats loss. At least the offense scored a TD Against the Pats.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:03 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

Said HoF QB's play has been a contributor to those ass-beatings.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7