It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 6878
Poltargyst wrote:
As for my above conjecture of Ben's feelings, I have only ever heard Ben exude confidence, so I would expect that to be the case ongoing. You know, unless you have EVIDENCE to the contrary.


He said "I don't call the plays". Not sure how anyone spins that into a vote of confidence. The second time he went to Tomlin about the players, Ben went public with his comments....again, not sure how that's spun into a vote of confidence.

Guy loves and has so much faith in the coaches he's going to play until they have to carry him off the field, instead of retiring prematurely....oh, wait.

It's a message board - 95% of what's posted here is conjecture, and I'm sure you contribute plenty of your own. Don't play the high & mighty act because you don't like what the smoke says about the coaches.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 439
Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
As for my above conjecture of Ben's feelings, I have only ever heard Ben exude confidence, so I would expect that to be the case ongoing. You know, unless you have EVIDENCE to the contrary.


He said "I don't call the plays". Not sure how anyone spins that into a vote of confidence. The second time he went to Tomlin about the players, Ben went public with his comments....again, not sure how that's spun into a vote of confidence.

Guy loves and has so much faith in the coaches he's going to play until they have to carry him off the field, instead of retiring prematurely....oh, wait.

It's a message board - 95% of what's posted here is conjecture, and I'm sure you contribute plenty of your own. Don't play the high & mighty act because you don't like what the smoke says about the coaches.


Why did he re-sign to stay here for the rest of his career? Surely he could have gotten more money on the open market. If he hates it here, and the coaches, so much, why didn't he leave?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 6878
Laying the Wood wrote:
Why did he re-sign to stay here for the rest of his career? Surely he could have gotten more money on the open market. If he hates it here, and the coaches, so much, why didn't he leave?


Maybe he thought the shit show would improve. Or maybe he took the guaranteed money because he was looking at franchise tags thru at least 2018, anyway.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 439
Kodiak wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
Why did he re-sign to stay here for the rest of his career? Surely he could have gotten more money on the open market. If he hates it here, and the coaches, so much, why didn't he leave?


Maybe he thought the shit show would improve. Or maybe he took the guaranteed money because he was looking at franchise tags thru at least 2018, anyway.


No other team in the league considers an AFCCG season to be a "shit show."

This has gone far beyond ridiculous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 6878
Laying the Wood wrote:
No other team in the league considers an AFCCG season to be a "shit show."


None of them has a HOF QB, and none of them got their ass obliterated in the conference championship.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 7073
Kodiak wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
No other team in the league considers an AFCCG season to be a "shit show."


None of them has a HOF QB, and none of them got their ass obliterated in the conference championship.


I wonder whether this true or whether you're just hoping it is and making it up.

My standards are simply lower than yours. I can't call an AFCCG beat down a shit show season.

I'm on record as being more mortified by the KC win than the Pats loss. At least the offense scored a TD Against the Pats.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 18873
Kodiak wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
No other team in the league considers an AFCCG season to be a "shit show."


None of them has a HOF QB, and none of them got their ass obliterated in the conference championship.


Said HoF QB's play has been a contributor to those ass-beatings.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], SteelThrillsseeker, TB, Whiterat29 and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group