It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 5788
Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
mmmmkay isn't evidence, it's sarcasm.


No, denying the obvious and large sample size of a HISTORY of being unable to stop that offense and beat NE is basically saying Ben is a complete idiot.

I'm not calling Ben a complete idiot without evidence.

I hope you don't pull anything with these leaps of logic. I would bet any money that if you asked Ben whether he thought the Steelers could beat the Patriots in the playoffs this year, he would say he thinks they have a real chance. It is YOU that feels they have no chance, and you are trying to project that onto Ben.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 9083
weve debated the third and 1 bombs many times. what frustrates me is that they need to take in account the shitty defense! if we have a lights out defense fine to fritter away possessions. but when they suck and prone to giving up long drives the control of ball is essential for win! a 1st is more valuable then a 35 yard play at times! especially given the probabilities of success! and I find it baffling still how blanketed our guys are in 3rd and short! ben throws prayers! maddening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9121
Poltargyst wrote:
I would bet any money that if you asked Ben whether he thought the Steelers could beat the Patriots in the playoffs this year, he would say he thinks they have a real chance. It is YOU that feels they have no chance, and you are trying to project that onto Ben.



LMMFAO....and I'm the one projecting.

Or, I'm sorry, did you say what Ben would say or what he believes? Are we going to go back to what evidence says, or does that not apply when you're defending the status ownership quo?!?

If not, my mistake....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 8181
Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
mmmmkay isn't evidence, it's sarcasm.


No, denying the obvious and large sample size of a HISTORY of being unable to stop that offense and beat NE is basically saying Ben is a complete idiot.

I'm not calling Ben a complete idiot without evidence.


Not sure why what you say here is connected to my response that you have quoted.

There's no denying that you said NE spanked the Steelers and that because Ben said he was mulling retirement directly after, the getting spanked and Ben's lack of faith in the brain trust must be behind him mulling retirement. That's reasonable but reasonable is not the same as being right. I'll just merely repeat that I require evidence before embracing a position. You don't and that's fine, especially considering the frivolity of what the conversation concerns. My attempt to gaze into your soul tells me you are merely projecting your own feelings onto Ben.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 5893
Conjecture

Hypothesis

Integral parts of this site

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 2931
Location: Upstate NY
Still Lit wrote:
955876 wrote:
I wonder what happens to offensive efficiency over the course of a season if some of those 40 yard bombs on 3rd & 1 and less are replaced with the QB sneak. First down % goes up and some of those extended drives might at the least lead to some Todd Haley TDs.

Haley doesn't call them
Ben doesn't audible to them
Captain Cliche evidently isn't responsible for such things so I suppose he gets a pass here.

The way I see it, if Ben has an issue with how the offense is run then he should be doing more to address it. Maybe he has or is. However, if that was the case I think the news of such would trickle out.

Funny how it seems the OC seemingly has more control & input over this team than the QB, HC, and GM. At least that's the narrative of some.

I tend to think this is more of a group cluster fuck with all of them having a hand in the inefficiency.


I'm under the impression that Ben is the one responsible for most of the 3 and 1 bombs. He's on record to that effect, I believe. Something about if the shot is there I'm taking it.

The problem is not 3rd and one 40 yard bombs. The problem is shitty play calling and execution inside the 20.


I fully believe that these two posts nailed it.

A cluster fuck of inefficiency and horrible play calling inside the 20's. We still went pretty far last season with said cluster fuck etc. A key piece to generate a pass rush, some luck in the health department, some luck in general and some of the 1st downs instead of missed bombs less and the whole enchilada could be ours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9121
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
955876 wrote:
I wonder what happens to offensive efficiency over the course of a season if some of those 40 yard bombs on 3rd & 1 and less are replaced with the QB sneak. First down % goes up and some of those extended drives might at the least lead to some Todd Haley TDs.

Haley doesn't call them
Ben doesn't audible to them
Captain Cliche evidently isn't responsible for such things so I suppose he gets a pass here.

The way I see it, if Ben has an issue with how the offense is run then he should be doing more to address it. Maybe he has or is. However, if that was the case I think the news of such would trickle out.

Funny how it seems the OC seemingly has more control & input over this team than the QB, HC, and GM. At least that's the narrative of some.

I tend to think this is more of a group cluster fuck with all of them having a hand in the inefficiency.


I'm under the impression that Ben is the one responsible for most of the 3 and 1 bombs. He's on record to that effect, I believe. Something about if the shot is there I'm taking it.

The problem is not 3rd and one 40 yard bombs. The problem is shitty play calling and execution inside the 20.


I fully believe that these two posts nailed it.

A cluster fuck of inefficiency and horrible play calling inside the 20's. We still went pretty far last season with said cluster fuck etc. A key piece to generate a pass rush, some luck in the health department, some luck in general and some of the 1st downs instead of missed bombs less and the whole enchilada could be ours.


Tomlin has also said he endorses it.

I LMFAO in the playoffs when the announcer quoted another AFC coach, forget who, about taking shots on 3rd and short when the defense gives that to you.

And Ben is the best in the league at that throw. I've never hated on that play. Never been an offense that excels at moving the chains 10 yards at a time. Personally, I prefer the 3rd and short bomb to throwing short of the sticks and hoping RAC picks up the first.

Just let me know when you figure out who doesn't want to call the QB sneak.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3365
I don't like the throws short of the sticks on 3rd down either. Also don't mind the 3rd & 1 bombs until it becomes a given and very predictable that we will throw a 3rd & 1 bomb. Seems we hit a rut where that was the call on that down & distance a majority of the time.

To me it's part of a microcosm of all that ails the offense. Seems we are very predictable until said time when predictable and higher % makes much more sense. Then we go against it.

A couple examples:

1st & goal from the 1 or even a bit inside that in AFCCG. TD is a must there and QB sneak makes a lot of sense. Instead we spin our wheels and go backwards.

3rd & 2 against Baltimore. Instead of handing it to Bell (who excels at finding a hole) we pu the game in the hands of rusty ass Mike Vick.

It's like the season isn't complete unless we get in some type of head scratching call like the 3rd & 6 QB keeper vs Jville

And I don't know who ripped the QB sneak from the playbook. I do know we haven't run one in a loooong time.

Ben doesn't want to do it? Kinda find that hard to believe but it's possible.

Rooney doesn't want Ben to do it? Maybe. Could have been part of the "keep Ben healthy" memo.

Haley? Hard to believe an OC would eliminate such a high % play but possible given his history of doing some shit that doesn't make sense.

Tomlin? Can't be him because we've been told repeatedly that he isn't involved in the offense and is merely a victim of the results.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9121
955876 wrote:
Ben doesn't want to do it? Kinda find that hard to believe but it's possible.


Ben was asked about it. Said he doesn't call the plays.

He also said if Antonio didn't reach that ball over the GL, Ben was going to take it in on the sneak himself.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ben Announces He'll Be Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 5788
Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
I would bet any money that if you asked Ben whether he thought the Steelers could beat the Patriots in the playoffs this year, he would say he thinks they have a real chance. It is YOU that feels they have no chance, and you are trying to project that onto Ben.



LMMFAO....and I'm the one projecting.

Or, I'm sorry, did you say what Ben would say or what he believes? Are we going to go back to what evidence says, or does that not apply when you're defending the status ownership quo?!?

If not, my mistake....

I seem to be remembering Ben saying something about how some young players weren't ready for prime time. That would seem to be EVIDENCE of Ben being upset with players. Do you have any such EVIDENCE of Ben being upset with coaches or shall we call this debate a wrap?

As for my above conjecture of Ben's feelings, I have only ever heard Ben exude confidence, so I would expect that to be the case ongoing. You know, unless you have EVIDENCE to the contrary.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JackSplat58 and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group