It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers hosting Mahomes and Dobbs today
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:27 pm 

Dobbs has Patriots written all over him. I think a large part of his slow development was due to crazy courseload-- I think he was a double or triple major in astrophysics or some such thing. I know he once apologized for a poor game, saying that his coursework had kept him up all night when he should have been prepping.

You can view that in a good or bad way. My guess is, he's neither as bad as he's made out to be or as good as this week's hype was about him. I think he'll be better than the comments in this thread lead one to believe-- if he's really all that smart, he'll be at least serviceable once he really focuses on his game and fundamentals. He can spin it pretty well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:45 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Hell, if they were really Patriots-esque, they could ask their 35 year old QB to make noise before the draft about retirement.

Oh how I wish this were true -- but our "brain trust" is most definitely not this strategic!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:16 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Dobbs has Patriots written all over him. I think a large part of his slow development was due to crazy courseload-- I think he was a double or triple major in astrophysics or some such thing. I know he once apologized for a poor game, saying that his coursework had kept him up all night when he should have been prepping.

You can view that in a good or bad way. My guess is, he's neither as bad as he's made out to be or as good as this week's hype was about him. I think he'll be better than the comments in this thread lead one to believe-- if he's really all that smart, he'll be at least serviceable once he really focuses on his game and fundamentals. He can spin it pretty well.

He can't throw the ball. He's absolutely not an NFL arm. Jones' asst coaches wanted Peterman to stay and when he left wanted to start one of two freshman on last year's squad. TN is only relevant when it appears it has an NFL arm. They might have won the east last two years if they had an arm. Dobbs runs because he has to. If we draft him as a QB we're dumber than shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:57 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

He can't throw the ball. He's absolutely not an NFL arm. Jones' asst coaches wanted Peterman to stay and when he left wanted to start one of two freshman on last year's squad. TN is only relevant when it appears it has an NFL arm. They might have won the east last two years if they had an arm. Dobbs runs because he has to. If we draft him as a QB we're dumber than shit.

Did you see his pro day? It sure looked like an NFL arm. I don't know what his issues were in college but he has some awkwardness but his arm looks decent.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Did you see his pro day? It sure looked like an NFL arm. I don't know what his issues were in college but he has some awkwardness but his arm looks decent.

I sincerely hope that Tomlin isn't that easy to deceive, wasting a pick on a kid who might look good in practice. Mike liKessler to impress people with his perceived smarts. See Jones and Archer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:22 pm 

Oh, yeah-- like Jones and Archer fall on Tomlin but Davis and Hargrave don't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 pm 

They nailed Burns, Davis, and Hargrave. No doubt about it. That was last year though. Every year is a different process. If this year their scouts are telling them to look at Dobbs, that is retarded. Why on earth would we even waste a visit on that guy. I don't care if he wins the Nobel Prize in Physics, he isn't a good QB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:31 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Why on earth would we even waste a visit on that guy

Maybe Ryan Shazier needed to borrow his razor?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:35 pm 

Wait. I thought L Jones was just "serviceable." We need 'great' for a backup.

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:32 pm 

I am a fan of Mahomes.

He has a cannon and moxy.

He is a year or two away from a footwork/progression standpoint

You can't coach arm strength
Good to unreal touch/ ball placement
Ability to throw from any angle
Nuts the size of grapefruits
He also has a bit of bat shit crazy to his game...You miss a block or fuck up a route he may punch you in the throat. I like that

Josh Dobbs is well...A brilliant young man. He is a dual grad student in mechanical and aerospace engineering. I don't think he has the tools or desire to be a great NFL QB. I think he would rather man a mission to Mars than win a super bowl. Which is fucking awesome. I have nothing but greats things to say about Dobbs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next