It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steelers hosting Mahomes and Dobbs today
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 am 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-on-visit

Post subject: Re: Steelers hosting Mahomes and Dobbs today
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:12 am 

Mahomes is not going to fall to us. Just not gonna happen. So what’s the story on Dobbs?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:51 am 

I would run to the podium for Mahomes, and I hate our edge situation, our CB situation sucks, safety is no good, Vince can't cover, and who knows which TEs and WRs will play for us this year. I also love Big Ben and hope that he plays forever.

Taking positional value into account, Mahomes is no worse than a top 5 prospect in this draft. He's going to wow someone into falling in love. I could see a huge surprise from one of those top 3 teams, but he is certainly unlikely to make it past AZ, Houston, or the Giants. Hell, any team with a good roster aside from QB would be interested if they looked at what he can do and not his floor.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I would run to the podium for Mahomes, and I hate our edge situation, our CB situation sucks, safety is no good, Vince can't cover, and who knows which TEs and WRs will play for us this year. I also love Big Ben and hope that he plays forever.

Taking positional value into account, Mahomes is no worse than a top 5 prospect in this draft. He's going to wow someone into falling in love. I could see a huge surprise from one of those top 3 teams, but he is certainly unlikely to make it past AZ, Houston, or the Giants. Hell, any team with a good roster aside from QB would be interested if they looked at what he can do and not his floor.

Yeah. Mahomes makes the Texans a contender for the next 10 years.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:53 pm 

Same with KC & AZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:38 pm 

Anyone else think the Steelers might be laying the groundwork for a trade down? It kind of makes sense. Colbert is on record saying (and I think truthfully) that the draft was very deep at DB and Edge AND that the Steelers were disappointed they only got one comp pick. A slight trade down offer from some QB needy team might yield a big dividend.

Same is true for Dobbs, once other QBs are off the board.

Hell, if they were really Patriots-esque, they could ask their 35 year old QB to make noise before the draft about retirement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm 

Mahomes would have made it to us a couple months ago. The press is too hot on him at this point and his value has increased. I like the kid. I think he is raw and has a lot of potential.

Dobbs sucks. The fact the Steelers are evaluating him makes me question their entire draft process. Bad footwork, pushes the ball, throws bad picks...just say "no".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:06 pm 

Denver gave up a late 3rd rounder to move from 31 to 26 and select Paxton Lynch last year.

Based on that, the Steelers will probably get a 4th rounder from San Fran, Chicago, New York, or maybe Buffalo to move back into the 1st round. That being said, I'd lay down money that Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson are all off the board when the Steelers pick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:24 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Mahomes would have made it to us a couple months ago. The press is too hot on him at this point and his value has increased. I like the kid. I think he is raw and has a lot of potential.

Dobbs sucks. The fact the Steelers are evaluating him makes me question their entire draft process. Bad footwork, pushes the ball, throws bad picks...just say "no".

Understatement. He double sucks. His inability to complete one single pass vs FL OK and a few others lost 4 games in 2015. The hail Mary vs GA was his receiver and luck. This guy males T Martin look good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 pm 

franco32 wrote:

Didn't Tomlin say after taking Jarvis that he was an "easy evaluation" or something to that effect?

If that doesn't make you question their process...