It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers hosting Mahomes and Dobbs today
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:51 pm 

A few miles from where I teach near Alpharetta where Dobbs went to high school there is a giant billboard with Dobbs in his vols uniform and this is UGA. country. Highly thought of kid. As FC said Dobbs is off the charts intelligence and character wise. Mayock during the combine compared Dobbs' arm motion to that of joe Gilliam calling it "whippy." If he makes it in the NFL I'll be a fan no matter what team he plays for. As an educator I'm a big fan of Dobbs and kids like him who work so hard and take advantage of all opportunities afforded to them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am 

Saw an article yesterday speculating this could be a Steelers 'smoke and mirrors' tactic for teams looking to get a QB in this draft at the end of the 1st RND. If true, this is something no one here has asked (to my knowledge) and honestly could be a very shrewd move. With the right trade partner looking to get a QB at the end of the 1st RND it could benefit the Steelers trading down or possibly even picking up a certain player and a mid RND pick, 3rd/4th RND. I know it's more a projection and very wishful thinking at this point. What came to my mind is, not being sure how desperate the Chargers are for a QB but let's say for discussion purposes they offer Ingram (who has not signed his franchise tag yet) and a 3rd RND pick in this years draft for Steelers 1. 30; would this be something worthy value wise for a trade?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:03 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Saw an article yesterday speculating this could be a Steelers 'smoke and mirrors' tactic for teams looking to get a QB in this draft at the end of the 1st RND. If true, this is something no one here has asked (to my knowledge) and honestly could be a very shrewd move. With the right trade partner looking to get a QB at the end of the 1st RND it could benefit the Steelers trading down or possibly even picking up a certain player and a mid RND pick, 3rd/4th RND. I know it's more a projection and very wishful thinking at this point. What came to my mind is, not being sure how desperate the Chargers are for a QB but let's say for discussion purposes they offer Ingram (who has not signed his franchise tag yet) and a 3rd RND pick in this years draft for Steelers 1. 30; would this be something worthy value wise for a trade?

Where was this article? I ask because I floated this idea on twitter with two Steelers bloggers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:46 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Where was this article? I ask because I floated this idea on twitter with two Steelers bloggers

:lol: 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:26 pm 

Surprised you didn't see it B2B. One of my go to sites is sportspyder.com. Usually have a little bit of everything/one. Anyway, here it is: http://steelcityblitz.com/2017/04/04/sc ... s-edition/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:43 pm 

Quote:
and honestly could be a very shrewd move.

Which means it won't happen given we have tweetle dee and tweetle dumb running the show...

I'd be pleasantly surprised to see something of that sort take place.

Safe bet is to assume business as usual and that we make our selection as soon as we are on the clock.

Hopefully we don't end up with another Jarvis Jones...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:45 pm 

Quote:
and honestly could be a very shrewd move.

Which means it won't happen given we have tweetle dee and tweetle dumb running the show...

I'd be pleasantly surprised to see something of that sort take place.

Safe bet is to assume business as usual and that we make our selection as soon as we are on the clock.

Hopefully we don't end up with another Jarvis Jones...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:41 pm 

JD Wildcat weapon, 7th round or FA only.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:11 pm 

I'd love to get Mahomes but he won't last to our pick.

Dobbs? Pass. He would need a lot of work before he'd become serviceable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:42 am 

Yinzer Buckeye wrote:
I'd love to get Mahomes but he won't last to our pick.

Dobbs? Pass. He would need a lot of work before he'd become serviceable.

I think he's a better fit in, say NE, where its all about quick reads and get rid of the ball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next