It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Posts: 504
COR-TEN wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bud-Dupree-responds-to-Martavis-Bryants-controversial-tweet-52579591

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree
Teammates taking shots at another one that ain't G!
1:03 AM - 29 Apr 2017


I'd like to see more steelers put the douchebag Bryant in his place.


Too bad the only other vet at WR with the cache to scold Bryant is possibly as big a douche. Don't see AB ever making THAT kind of joke, however.

Was it ever verified whether this was a joke between MB and Coates?
Who gives a fuck? Douchbag move either way. Jokes like that in public can be mis-interpreted. And it has, and makes him look like. . .well. . . a douchebag.

He's coming off a suspension where he let the team, coaches, staff, and fans down because he liked sizzurp, or whatever the fuck it is. All it does is breed antagonism, not competition, imo. Tomlin had to step in like fucking daddy and re-spin, coates laughed it off, and now dupree has to show him how to be a respectful teammate? Especially now that "character and smarts" are issues with this team? This guy has neither character nor smarts.


Of course he doesn’t have character or smarts. People who knew him in middle school could have told you that. IF you want character and smarts, that’s what we have Coats for. If you want alien-like physical ability…that’s why we have Bryant. Give him a 24-7 baby sitter. Make sure he stays clean. Let him play out this season and next, and then…whatever. He can be the difference between a talented but disappointing offense and a scoring machine. It is what it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:46 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3418
Location: Upstate NY
I hope it was all a joke between teammates that got blown up or misinterpreted.

Either way, I have NO faith MB stays clean and gives this team what we all hoped for last season when he let everyone down.

I'll cheer that fucker louder than most but I can't stop thinking he's bound to fuck this up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 4232
Martavis Bryant is a dumb fuck. He's also probably the single most important player to our offense besides Ben. Yes, even more than AB and Bell. Just imagine for a second going to Foxboro last year with the Alien instead of Coates.

1. Those double and triple teams on AB can't happen.
2. Safeties are stuck in the box and Bell has more room to run.
3. You don't have Coates short arming TD passes.
4. You don't have Cobi Hamilton dropping TDs right on his chest...or running out of bounds to negate another TD.
5. Our redzone offense immediately gets better.

I just want this idiot to keep his shit together for 1 or 2 years. Enough for us to get #7 (or #8). He's that important to us right now. If I were Art Rooney, I'd hire not one but two babysitters for him. I'd have them hang out with him constantly. I'd have them sleeping in his apartment, and if that isn't possible, then renting the apartment next to him.

Anybody see MB lately? He actually added muscle and is just as lean as ever. He's a physical freak and I don't know how CBs will be able to stop him...unless he stops himself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
R S wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bud-Dupree-responds-to-Martavis-Bryants-controversial-tweet-52579591

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree
Teammates taking shots at another one that ain't G!
1:03 AM - 29 Apr 2017


I'd like to see more steelers put the douchebag Bryant in his place.

I think the pick was designed to light a fire under Bryant's and Coates's ass. Mission accomplished.

Believe me, SBI is those two freaks come into camp pissed the fuck off and ready for Redemption Tour '2017.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:18 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5606
It's easy to say "give him a 24-7 babysitter" or "can't someone in the locker room talk some sense into him" but some people are just beyond hope. A lot of it probably has to do with his intelligence level.

I remember when it was reported he was coaching a high school football team during his suspension. I said it then and I'll say it now. What kind of coach would bring this guy in to mentor impressionable teenagers? Jesus. He is the perfect example of how not to act.

I think the reaction from Dupree and the tone of Bryant's text tells me it wasn't some jokey/hahah teammates busting each other's chops. It was a a dipshit who for some ungodly reason still has a sense of entitlement even after all the shit he's pulled already.

i'm coming to the conclusion that with that kind of attitude the team might be better without the dude in the long run. You might not notice it on paper, but cancers bring teams down. For all I care he can go fuck himself. Sad thing is, when it's all said and done and he's banned from the NFL he'll just become the taxpayers burden.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:19 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5606
bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bud-Dupree-responds-to-Martavis-Bryants-controversial-tweet-52579591

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree
Teammates taking shots at another one that ain't G!
1:03 AM - 29 Apr 2017


I'd like to see more steelers put the douchebag Bryant in his place.

I think the pick was designed to light a fire under Bryant's and Coates's ass. Mission accomplished.

Believe me, SBI is those two freaks come into camp pissed the fuck off and ready for Redemption Tour '2017.


By all accounts, Bryant is coming in to camp oblivious to his past and with a sense of entitlement. I hope JuJu tears shit up in camp.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 pm
Posts: 1050
yeah at this point in time if you haven't figured out Bryants deal, you aint paying attention......

theres no come uppens, motivation, shoulder chips, proven something or other, etc....

cant trust him, never could, never can, never should....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7087
I think the first two steps to "redemption" are being humble and remorseful. So far...not so good.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2441
Location: Houston, TX
Scunge wrote:
The dumbass has yet to pick a treatment center in Pittsburgh, a counselor, etc and hasn't been cleared yet to rejoin the team.

There are conflicting reports on this but damn, how stupid is this kid? He can't find the time to do what he needs to rejoin the team but he can take time and make jokes about JuJu and Coates?

All I know is that come playoff time many of you that don't like JuJu are going to love him because I just have no confidence that Bryant is going to be around. Players in his position usually keep spiraling down until they are suspended for life. Is there not one single sane individual in his camp that can offer him guidance and good advice? Because everything he has done in the past month just screams that he has nobody, that he is just all too cavalier about his life right now and how his future hangs in the balance. It is sad.


Agreed.

Then there is stupid. Stupid is whining like a bitch because the Steelers chose to draft dedicated, smart players with good character while talking up the return of Bryant.

_________________
R S wrote:
I'm sure she still wakes up in cold sweats and night terrors of Peyton's wrinkly ball sack pitter-pattering on her forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
Jobus Rum wrote:
I think the first two steps to "redemption" are being humble and remorseful. So far...not so good.

Did that work for Tom Brady? Brady DGAF, he just balls.

I am perfectly fine with Bryant having a giant chip on his shoulder.

As for him coaching kids, Bryant has been working his ass off during that time-- I would think kids would respond to a super talented guy who works hard and understands having it and losing it.

I don't think Bryant's words should be taken as anything more than frustration at having it taken away.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 990
bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bud-Dupree-responds-to-Martavis-Bryants-controversial-tweet-52579591

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree
Teammates taking shots at another one that ain't G!
1:03 AM - 29 Apr 2017


I'd like to see more steelers put the douchebag Bryant in his place.

I think the pick was designed to light a fire under Bryant's and Coates's ass. Mission accomplished.

Believe me, SBI is those two freaks come into camp pissed the fuck off and ready for Redemption Tour '2017.

Yeah. Sure. All well and good.
But to drag it into the public light by tweeting such horseshit in the middle of his whole precarious situation?!

Stupid, stupid mother fucker! :evil:
Dude seriously needs to clue in to all that he's on the brink of losing and grow the fuck up!

He keeps acting like he can't be replaced, but one misstep, and the Steelers are left with no choice...

Show some contrition like you know your situation, punk!

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I think the first two steps to "redemption" are being humble and remorseful. So far...not so good.

Did that work for Tom Brady? Brady DGAF, he just balls.

I am perfectly fine with Bryant having a giant chip on his shoulder.

As for him coaching kids, Bryant has been working his ass off during that time-- I would think kids would respond to a super talented guy who works hard and understands having it and losing it.

I don't think Bryant's words should be taken as anything more than frustration at having it taken away.
A child gets frustrated when you take their lollipop away. Then they cry and lash out. MB is fucking adult. And chips on shoulders aren't necessarily always a good thing, but I get what your saying. I just think they shouldn't treat him or his skills as indispensable to win championships, like they are viewed here on SF. If Coates ball out in camp and preseason, do you make him ride the bench because MB is a c*nt hair faster and taller? I'm sure most here would pick MB hands down, regardless if he's a dick and abused his privilege, while another player did everything they were supposed to do. Not sure what kind of message that sends to the other players.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 990
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I think the first two steps to "redemption" are being humble and remorseful. So far...not so good.

Did that work for Tom Brady? Brady DGAF, he just balls.

I am perfectly fine with Bryant having a giant chip on his shoulder.

As for him coaching kids, Bryant has been working his ass off during that time-- I would think kids would respond to a super talented guy who works hard and understands having it and losing it.

I don't think Bryant's words should be taken as anything more than frustration at having it taken away.

"taken away?!?!"
By whom?!?!?

:lol:

B2B, for the love of all things Steelers, please stop making excuses for this stupid kid and justifying his puerile behavior...

All the talent in the world doesn't mean shit if you're too stupid to realize what you yourself have been pissing away...

:roll:

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 4232
I really wish people would not compare Coates to MB. The Alien is a dumb fuck, but he is on another planet compared to Coates. Coates is big and fast. That's it. He runs shitty routes. He doesn't have change of direction. His hands are bricks. He tracks the ball like a blind man. He is nowhere near MB in talent. That's just a fact.

No one was scared of Coates last year, even before the "broken fingers". When MB lines up, the safeties are shitting their pants and AB has a lot more room.

MB has a pea for a brain, but we can't pretend like he is easily replaceable. He elevates this offense in a way that no one else on the roster can other than Ben.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:29 am 
franco32 wrote:
I really wish people would not compare Coates to MB. The Alien is a dumb fuck, but he is on another planet compared to Coates. Coates is big and fast. That's it. He runs shitty routes. He doesn't have change of direction. His hands are bricks. He tracks the ball like a blind man. He is nowhere near MB in talent. That's just a fact.

No one was scared of Coates last year, even before the "broken fingers". When MB lines up, the safeties are shitting their pants and AB has a lot more room.

MB has a pea for a brain, but we can't pretend like he is easily replaceable. He elevates this offense in a way that no one else on the roster can other than Ben.


Truth


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
franco32 wrote:
MB has a pea for a brain, but we can't pretend like he is easily replaceable. He elevates this offense in a way that no one else on the roster can other than Ben.


I do not know that MB elevates more than Bell or AB, but MB + AB is just a nightmare. Double cover either and the other will burn you. Bracket them both and you leave the slot or TE open for giant gains. Meanwhile if healthy, there sits Bell.

I don't care how much you think Bryant is a jack ass. If you are not pulling for the kid, you're dumber than he is in your capacity as a fan of the team.

NO ONE, not Ju Ju not any FA or 3rd rate vet brought in, NO ONE is going to add more punch to this offense this year than Bryant. Get his ass a 24/7 minder so that Ben can go back to 5 TD games.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm
Posts: 473
Still Lit wrote:
franco32 wrote:
MB has a pea for a brain, but we can't pretend like he is easily replaceable. He elevates this offense in a way that no one else on the roster can other than Ben.


I do not know that MB elevates more than Bell or AB, but MB + AB is just a nightmare. Double cover either and the other will burn you. Bracket them both and you leave the slot or TE open for giant gains. Meanwhile if healthy, there sits Bell.

I don't care how much you think Bryant is a jack ass. If you are not pulling for the kid, you're dumber than he is in your capacity as a fan of the team.

NO ONE, not Ju Ju not any FA or 3rd rate vet brought in, NO ONE is going to add more punch to this offense this year than Bryant. Get his ass a 24/7 minder so that Ben can go back to 6 TD games.


The classic Fury "fixed it for you" response.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1595
My dream scenario is AB is AB, MB stays clean and is a beast, JuJu is better than any 3-5#CB that might be covering him, Hunter finally gets it and produces to his talent, Eli grows from last year, and last but not least Green is fully recovered and stays healthy. In total a tall order, I know.

But can you image going 4 wide...MB and Hunter on the outsides going long with there size and 4.4 speed, AB in the slot with JuJu in the other slot or in a bunch. Then add Green going down the seam. A team would have nightmares covering all of them. It they tried to cover them they would be lucky to rush three. Ben would have all day in the pocket to pick them apart. And, the kicker is I haven't even mentioned Bell in this scenario.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
DP39 wrote:
My dream scenario is AB is AB, MB stays clean and is a beast, JuJu is better than any 3-5#CB that might be covering him, Hunter finally gets it and produces to his talent, Eli grows from last year, and last but not least Green is fully recovered and stays healthy. In total a tall order, I know.

But can you image going 4 wide...MB and Hunter on the outsides going long with there size and 4.4 speed, AB in the slot with JuJu in the other slot or in a bunch. Then add Green going down the seam. A team would have nightmares covering all of them. It they tried to cover them they would be lucky to rush three. Ben would have all day in the pocket to pick them apart. And, the kicker is I haven't even mentioned Bell in this scenario.

He'd be on the bench with 4 wide and Green in the game. :(

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1595
bradshaw2ben wrote:
DP39 wrote:
My dream scenario is AB is AB, MB stays clean and is a beast, JuJu is better than any 3-5#CB that might be covering him, Hunter finally gets it and produces to his talent, Eli grows from last year, and last but not least Green is fully recovered and stays healthy. In total a tall order, I know.

But can you image going 4 wide...MB and Hunter on the outsides going long with there size and 4.4 speed, AB in the slot with JuJu in the other slot or in a bunch. Then add Green going down the seam. A team would have nightmares covering all of them. It they tried to cover them they would be lucky to rush three. Ben would have all day in the pocket to pick them apart. And, the kicker is I haven't even mentioned Bell in this scenario.

He'd be on the bench with 4 wide and Green in the game. :(

Sorry, what I meant by 'Bell in this scenario' was referring to the first paragraph, not the second. Although, he does need a rest every once and a while. I was just saying how hard it would be for a defense to handle those players on the field at the same time. Bell could certainly be interchangeable with some. If Bryant is right and Hunter quickly improves, having them on the field at the same time with AB and a heathy Green is plain scary for sure. 6'4" speed times two, a seam busting TE and the best "small" WR in the league....nice. Bell could be running against 6 in the box at worst. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Posts: 504
franco32 wrote:
Martavis Bryant is a dumb fuck. He's also probably the single most important player to our offense besides Ben. Yes, even more than AB and Bell. Just imagine for a second going to Foxboro last year with the Alien instead of Coates.

1. Those double and triple teams on AB can't happen.
2. Safeties are stuck in the box and Bell has more room to run.
3. You don't have Coates short arming TD passes.
4. You don't have Cobi Hamilton dropping TDs right on his chest...or running out of bounds to negate another TD.
5. Our redzone offense immediately gets better.

I just want this idiot to keep his shit together for 1 or 2 years. Enough for us to get #7 (or #8). He's that important to us right now. If I were Art Rooney, I'd hire not one but two babysitters for him. I'd have them hang out with him constantly. I'd have them sleeping in his apartment, and if that isn't possible, then renting the apartment next to him.

Anybody see MB lately? He actually added muscle and is just as lean as ever. He's a physical freak and I don't know how CBs will be able to stop him...unless he stops himself.


Zackly, from a SBI perspective.

And from a human perspective, I would be delighted if he magically turned into Mel Blount meets Charlie Batch as a human being. I doubt it happens. But that would be excellent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
franco32 wrote:
Martavis Bryant is a dumb fuck. He's also probably the single most important player to our offense besides Ben. Yes, even more than AB and Bell. Just imagine for a second going to Foxboro last year with the Alien instead of Coates.
And yet they made it to the AFCCG without bryant. And it wasn't his absence that caused the loss.

Wishful thinking, imo.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:54 pm
Posts: 4232
I disagree. I think he heavily influences everyone else. Our offense regressed pretty badly without Martavis in 2016. Brown had his worst yardage year since 2012. Ben averages 73 less yards a game. Our ppg went down, and we only scored 2 TDs in our final 2 playoff games.

AB was doubled teamed pretty much every play of the AFC Championship Game. There were times when bracketed coverage had 3 people on him. The Pats were laughing at the ineptitude of our other WRs as they dropped key TDs. If you don't think the Alien makes a big difference in that game, I don't know what to tell you.

That doesn't by the way mean that Tomlin was not to blame. His dumb as shit decisions like not dressing Ayers and playing that baby soft zone were also huge factors.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1463
While I won't take anything away from their success last season I do think they got s bit lucky in the playoffs with the dolphins and chiefs from an offense perspective. Kicking six FG and winning is not something that woulda worked against the pats falcons or packers. All of those teams can and will run up the score so you better be able to keep pace.

Steelers left 3 scores on the field in the first half. They convert all those second half is a different story.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6969
franco32 wrote:
I disagree. I think he heavily influences everyone else. Our offense regressed pretty badly without Martavis in 2016. Brown had his worst yardage year since 2012. Ben averages 73 less yards a game. Our ppg went down, and we only scored 2 TDs in our final 2 playoff games.

AB was doubled teamed pretty much every play of the AFC Championship Game. There were times when bracketed coverage had 3 people on him. The Pats were laughing at the ineptitude of our other WRs as they dropped key TDs. If you don't think the Alien makes a big difference in that game, I don't know what to tell you.

That doesn't by the way mean that Tomlin was not to blame. His dumb as shit decisions like not dressing Ayers and playing that baby soft zone were also huge factors.


In fairness to Tomlin, this had worked very well in the past vs NE, so why not do it again?

/sarca
/wtf
/dumbass
/aviators
/because

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: R S, Rocky Mtn Stiller, SteelThrillsseeker, Stillcajun, stillthere and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group