It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:03 pm 

Sweet. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:48 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
Scunge wrote:
Well, my greatest fear is that we don't draft a WR high, then the Commish takes his sweet old time and reinstates Bryant right before the season starts, in which time he has not been able to go through training camp or play in any preseason games.

Think about that for a second, what if the Commish takes too long to reinstate Bryant and he isn't able to shake the rust off with a proper training camp and preseason?
As Colbert said, they are not allowed to have any contact with him, he is not able to practice with the team, etc. Does anybody really think that Bryant will just magically step on the field and be the same player? And will he be able to go long before getting injured in that scenario?

This is why I have been preaching taking a WR high, first or second round. If Davis is there at the end of round 1 you take him, or if Godwin or Zay Jones or JuJu is there at the end of round 2, you take one of them. Just too much of a gamble to place a bet on Bryant being reinstated in a timely fashion, that Coates mangled hand will be fine, or that Green will get over his concussions. We need another playmaker, another stud to round out the trio of Bell and Brown and (fill in the blank). WR or TE needs to happen in round 1 or 2. Crucial for 2017 and beyond. A First round WR or TE and that 5th year option means that player would complete the new 'Triplets' and they would play together for 4-5 years. That is huge.

I agree with the bolded, if for no other reason than insurance...

Also, for Bryant's sake as well as the Steelers', this needs to be a question of "how bad do you want it, Martavis?!"
If this scenario goes down like many of us fear and drags through the offseason, he will need to make up on his own what he misses in team workouts.

He needs to man up and prove to himself above all that he can do it...
...perhaps as the only means of slaying the demons that have held him down.

I think it's the only way we get the absolute best Martavis Bryant on the field, and frankly I'm not sure I want him otherwise...

Ok, so, never mind all this... :mrgreen:

Still, I'm rooting for Martavis to meet and exceed EVERY condition of his conditional reinstatement...

...as for the draft, I'll take BPA in R1 for the win, please! 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 am 

Quote:
That leaves the Coates-Hunter battle. And, yes, it's a battle. Coates is on notice after a shaky sophomore year. Despite playing through injuries, Coates must prove he can mentally fight through issues and produce on the field. Hunter, a former second-round pick because of his 6-4 frame matched with 4.4 40 speed, has underachieved as a pro. He also hasn't played with an established quarterback. He has one now.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... ryant-back

With Bryant 'back' this is how I see it as well. This can only result in SBI. The cream rises to the top.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:46 am 

I'll say it again.

I do not expect Bryant to stay clean and make it they the season. I doubt he lasts 1/2 the season.

I did forget about Hunter. Hopefully he spent the offseason on the jugs machine.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:22 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9c3EA ... tion=share

FWIW.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:07 am 

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bud-Dupre ... t-52579591

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree
Teammates taking shots at another one that ain't G!
1:03 AM - 29 Apr 2017

I'd like to see more steelers put the douchebag Bryant in his place.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:01 am 

R S wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bud-Dupree-responds-to-Martavis-Bryants-controversial-tweet-52579591

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree

Too bad the only other vet at WR with the cache to scold Bryant is possibly as big a douche. Don't see AB ever making THAT kind of joke, however.

Was it ever verified whether this was a joke between MB and Coates?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:54 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
I'll say it again.

I do not expect Bryant to stay clean and make it they the season. I doubt he lasts 1/2 the season.

I did forget about Hunter. Hopefully he spent the offseason on the jugs machine.

He doesn't fuck up in the regular season. He fucks up in the offseason.

So if he can't stay clean, he'll be busted again before the season starts.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:12 am 

Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Bud-Dupree-responds-to-Martavis-Bryants-controversial-tweet-52579591

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree

Too bad the only other vet at WR with the cache to scold Bryant is possibly as big a douche. Don't see AB ever making THAT kind of joke, however.

Who gives a fuck? Douchbag move either way. Jokes like that in public can be mis-interpreted. And it has, and makes him look like. . .well. . . a douchebag.

He's coming off a suspension where he let the team, coaches, staff, and fans down because he liked sizzurp, or whatever the fuck it is. All it does is breed antagonism, not competition, imo. Tomlin had to step in like fucking daddy and re-spin, coates laughed it off, and now dupree has to show him how to be a respectful teammate? Especially now that "character and smarts" are issues with this team? This guy has neither character nor smarts.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 am 

The dumbass has yet to pick a treatment center in Pittsburgh, a counselor, etc and hasn't been cleared yet to rejoin the team.

There are conflicting reports on this but damn, how stupid is this kid? He can't find the time to do what he needs to rejoin the team but he can take time and make jokes about JuJu and Coates?

All I know is that come playoff time many of you that don't like JuJu are going to love him because I just have no confidence that Bryant is going to be around. Players in his position usually keep spiraling down until they are suspended for life. Is there not one single sane individual in his camp that can offer him guidance and good advice? Because everything he has done in the past month just screams that he has nobody, that he is just all too cavalier about his life right now and how his future hangs in the balance. It is sad.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:23 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree

Who gives a fuck? Douchbag move either way. Jokes like that in public can be mis-interpreted. And it has, and makes him look like. . .well. . . a douchebag.

He's coming off a suspension where he let the team, coaches, staff, and fans down because he liked sizzurp, or whatever the fuck it is. All it does is breed antagonism, not competition, imo. Tomlin had to step in like fucking daddy and re-spin, coates laughed it off, and now dupree has to show him how to be a respectful teammate? Especially now that "character and smarts" are issues with this team? This guy has neither character nor smarts.

Of course he doesn’t have character or smarts. People who knew him in middle school could have told you that. IF you want character and smarts, that’s what we have Coats for. If you want alien-like physical ability…that’s why we have Bryant. Give him a 24-7 baby sitter. Make sure he stays clean. Let him play out this season and next, and then…whatever. He can be the difference between a talented but disappointing offense and a scoring machine. It is what it is.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:46 am 

I hope it was all a joke between teammates that got blown up or misinterpreted.

Either way, I have NO faith MB stays clean and gives this team what we all hoped for last season when he let everyone down.

I'll cheer that fucker louder than most but I can't stop thinking he's bound to fuck this up.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:05 pm 

Martavis Bryant is a dumb fuck. He's also probably the single most important player to our offense besides Ben. Yes, even more than AB and Bell. Just imagine for a second going to Foxboro last year with the Alien instead of Coates.

1. Those double and triple teams on AB can't happen.
2. Safeties are stuck in the box and Bell has more room to run.
3. You don't have Coates short arming TD passes.
4. You don't have Cobi Hamilton dropping TDs right on his chest...or running out of bounds to negate another TD.
5. Our redzone offense immediately gets better.

I just want this idiot to keep his shit together for 1 or 2 years. Enough for us to get #7 (or #8). He's that important to us right now. If I were Art Rooney, I'd hire not one but two babysitters for him. I'd have them hang out with him constantly. I'd have them sleeping in his apartment, and if that isn't possible, then renting the apartment next to him.

Anybody see MB lately? He actually added muscle and is just as lean as ever. He's a physical freak and I don't know how CBs will be able to stop him...unless he stops himself.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:12 pm 

R S wrote:

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree

I think the pick was designed to light a fire under Bryant's and Coates's ass. Mission accomplished.

Believe me, SBI is those two freaks come into camp pissed the fuck off and ready for Redemption Tour '2017.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:18 pm 

It's easy to say "give him a 24-7 babysitter" or "can't someone in the locker room talk some sense into him" but some people are just beyond hope. A lot of it probably has to do with his intelligence level.

I remember when it was reported he was coaching a high school football team during his suspension. I said it then and I'll say it now. What kind of coach would bring this guy in to mentor impressionable teenagers? Jesus. He is the perfect example of how not to act.

I think the reaction from Dupree and the tone of Bryant's text tells me it wasn't some jokey/hahah teammates busting each other's chops. It was a a dipshit who for some ungodly reason still has a sense of entitlement even after all the shit he's pulled already.

i'm coming to the conclusion that with that kind of attitude the team might be better without the dude in the long run. You might not notice it on paper, but cancers bring teams down. For all I care he can go fuck himself. Sad thing is, when it's all said and done and he's banned from the NFL he'll just become the taxpayers burden.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:19 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree

I think the pick was designed to light a fire under Bryant's and Coates's ass. Mission accomplished.

Believe me, SBI is those two freaks come into camp pissed the fuck off and ready for Redemption Tour '2017.

By all accounts, Bryant is coming in to camp oblivious to his past and with a sense of entitlement. I hope JuJu tears shit up in camp.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:35 pm 

yeah at this point in time if you haven't figured out Bryants deal, you aint paying attention......

theres no come uppens, motivation, shoulder chips, proven something or other, etc....

cant trust him, never could, never can, never should....

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:37 pm 

I think the first two steps to "redemption" are being humble and remorseful. So far...not so good.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:43 pm 

Scunge wrote:
The dumbass has yet to pick a treatment center in Pittsburgh, a counselor, etc and hasn't been cleared yet to rejoin the team.

There are conflicting reports on this but damn, how stupid is this kid? He can't find the time to do what he needs to rejoin the team but he can take time and make jokes about JuJu and Coates?

All I know is that come playoff time many of you that don't like JuJu are going to love him because I just have no confidence that Bryant is going to be around. Players in his position usually keep spiraling down until they are suspended for life. Is there not one single sane individual in his camp that can offer him guidance and good advice? Because everything he has done in the past month just screams that he has nobody, that he is just all too cavalier about his life right now and how his future hangs in the balance. It is sad.

Agreed.

Then there is stupid. Stupid is whining like a bitch because the Steelers chose to draft dedicated, smart players with good character while talking up the return of Bryant.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:44 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
I think the first two steps to "redemption" are being humble and remorseful. So far...not so good.

Did that work for Tom Brady? Brady DGAF, he just balls.

I am perfectly fine with Bryant having a giant chip on his shoulder.

As for him coaching kids, Bryant has been working his ass off during that time-- I would think kids would respond to a super talented guy who works hard and understands having it and losing it.

I don't think Bryant's words should be taken as anything more than frustration at having it taken away.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:58 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:

Big Bud ✔ @Bud_Dupree

Yeah. Sure. All well and good.
But to drag it into the public light by tweeting such horseshit in the middle of his whole precarious situation?!

Stupid, stupid mother fucker! :evil:
Dude seriously needs to clue in to all that he's on the brink of losing and grow the fuck up!

He keeps acting like he can't be replaced, but one misstep, and the Steelers are left with no choice...

Show some contrition like you know your situation, punk!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:58 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

As for him coaching kids, Bryant has been working his ass off during that time-- I would think kids would respond to a super talented guy who works hard and understands having it and losing it.

I don't think Bryant's words should be taken as anything more than frustration at having it taken away.
A child gets frustrated when you take their lollipop away. Then they cry and lash out. MB is fucking adult. And chips on shoulders aren't necessarily always a good thing, but I get what your saying. I just think they shouldn't treat him or his skills as indispensable to win championships, like they are viewed here on SF. If Coates ball out in camp and preseason, do you make him ride the bench because MB is a c*nt hair faster and taller? I'm sure most here would pick MB hands down, regardless if he's a dick and abused his privilege, while another player did everything they were supposed to do. Not sure what kind of message that sends to the other players.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

"taken away?!?!"
By whom?!?!?

:lol:

B2B, for the love of all things Steelers, please stop making excuses for this stupid kid and justifying his puerile behavior...

All the talent in the world doesn't mean shit if you're too stupid to realize what you yourself have been pissing away...

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 am 

I really wish people would not compare Coates to MB. The Alien is a dumb fuck, but he is on another planet compared to Coates. Coates is big and fast. That's it. He runs shitty routes. He doesn't have change of direction. His hands are bricks. He tracks the ball like a blind man. He is nowhere near MB in talent. That's just a fact.

No one was scared of Coates last year, even before the "broken fingers". When MB lines up, the safeties are shitting their pants and AB has a lot more room.

MB has a pea for a brain, but we can't pretend like he is easily replaceable. He elevates this offense in a way that no one else on the roster can other than Ben.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:29 am 
franco32 wrote:
I really wish people would not compare Coates to MB. The Alien is a dumb fuck, but he is on another planet compared to Coates. Coates is big and fast. That's it. He runs shitty routes. He doesn't have change of direction. His hands are bricks. He tracks the ball like a blind man. He is nowhere near MB in talent. That's just a fact.

No one was scared of Coates last year, even before the "broken fingers". When MB lines up, the safeties are shitting their pants and AB has a lot more room.

MB has a pea for a brain, but we can't pretend like he is easily replaceable. He elevates this offense in a way that no one else on the roster can other than Ben.

Truth

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next