It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Love me some U

Would be crazy to go TE in the first, but Njoku would look real nice in black and gold.

Plus his first name is very normal and he has a nice frame w decent wrist circumference.

I'm in

What about Mahomes?

If his dick is grey, you have to draft him on the first day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:45 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Love me some U

Would be crazy to go TE in the first, but Njoku would look real nice in black and gold.

Plus his first name is very normal and he has a nice frame w decent wrist circumference.

I'm in

What about Mahomes?

Do they detail penis coloring in some sort of comprehensive draft guide?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Love me some U

I'm in

What about Mahomes?

Right there along with frame size and wrist circumference.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:53 am 

Quote:
“We have not gotten word on Martavis Bryant,” said Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert. “We have no information. We have no idea if we’ll get information (before the draft) or not. We have to operate under the assumption that, until he is here, he is not here.” http://www.observer-reporter.com/201704 ... _on_bryant

As we all feared. Nothing yet about Bryant. Likely, after the draft sometime?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am 

Well, my greatest fear is that we don't draft a WR high, then the Commish takes his sweet old time and reinstates Bryant right before the season starts, in which time he has not been able to go through training camp or play in any preseason games.

Think about that for a second, what if the Commish takes too long to reinstate Bryant and he isn't able to shake the rust off with a proper training camp and preseason?
As Colbert said, they are not allowed to have any contact with him, he is not able to practice with the team, etc. Does anybody really think that Bryant will just magically step on the field and be the same player? And will he be able to go long before getting injured in that scenario?

This is why I have been preaching taking a WR high, first or second round. If Davis is there at the end of round 1 you take him, or if Godwin or Zay Jones or JuJu is there at the end of round 2, you take one of them. Just too much of a gamble to place a bet on Bryant being reinstated in a timely fashion, that Coates mangled hand will be fine, or that Green will get over his concussions. We need another playmaker, another stud to round out the trio of Bell and Brown and (fill in the blank). WR or TE needs to happen in round 1 or 2. Crucial for 2017 and beyond. A First round WR or TE and that 5th year option means that player would complete the new 'Triplets' and they would play together for 4-5 years. That is huge.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 am 

Scunge wrote:
Well, my greatest fear is that we don't draft a WR high, then the Commish takes his sweet old time and reinstates Bryant right before the season starts, in which time he has not been able to go through training camp or play in any preseason games.

Think about that for a second, what if the Commish takes too long to reinstate Bryant and he isn't able to shake the rust off with a proper training camp and preseason?
As Colbert said, they are not allowed to have any contact with him, he is not able to practice with the team, etc. Does anybody really think that Bryant will just magically step on the field and be the same player? And will he be able to go long before getting injured in that scenario?

This is why I have been preaching taking a WR high, first or second round. If Davis is there at the end of round 1 you take him, or if Godwin or Zay Jones or JuJu is there at the end of round 2, you take one of them. Just too much of a gamble to place a bet on Bryant being reinstated in a timely fashion, that Coates mangled hand will be fine, or that Green will get over his concussions. We need another playmaker, another stud to round out the trio of Bell and Brown and (Ben). WR or TE needs to happen in round 1 or 2. Crucial for 2017 and beyond. A First round WR or TE and that 5th year option means that player would complete the new 'Triplets' and they would play together for 4-5 years. That is huge.

Scunge, I took the liberty of filling out the blank with the other stud.

I also agree, one more WR or TE early in the draft could be a need because of the Bryant gamble.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Love me some U

I'm in

What about Mahomes?

If not, they should start.

I think SteelerFurt has come up with a fool proof drafting system:

1.) Is his name normal?
2.) What's his frame like?
3.) What is his wrist circumference
4.) What color is his dick?

If they pass those tests, then you can start looking at things like 40 time, strength, closing ability, catching ability, durability, etc. etc.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:00 am 

Scunge wrote:

This is why I have been preaching taking a WR high, first or second round. If Davis is there at the end of round 1 you take him, or if Godwin or Zay Jones or JuJu is there at the end of round 2, you take one of them. Just too much of a gamble to place a bet on Bryant being reinstated in a timely fashion, that Coates mangled hand will be fine, or that Green will get over his concussions. We need another playmaker, another stud to round out the trio of Bell and Brown and (fill in the blank). WR or TE needs to happen in round 1 or 2. Crucial for 2017 and beyond. A First round WR or TE and that 5th year option means that player would complete the new 'Triplets' and they would play together for 4-5 years. That is huge.

I agree with the bolded, if for no other reason than insurance...

Also, for Bryant's sake as well as the Steelers', this needs to be a question of "how bad do you want it, Martavis?!"
If this scenario goes down like many of us fear and drags through the offseason, he will need to make up on his own what he misses in team workouts.

He needs to man up and prove to himself above all that he can do it...
...perhaps as the only means of slaying the demons that have held him down.

I think it's the only way we get the absolute best Martavis Bryant on the field, and frankly I'm not sure I want him otherwise...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:49 pm 

What about Mahomes?

If his dick is grey, you have to draft him on the first day.[/quote]

Do they detail penis coloring in some sort of comprehensive draft guide?[/quote]

If not, they should start.

I think SteelerFurt has come up with a fool proof drafting system:

1.) Is his name normal?
2.) What's his frame like?
3.) What is his wrist circumference
4.) What color is his dick?

If they pass those tests, then you can start looking at things like 40 time, strength, closing ability, catching ability, durability, etc. etc.[/quote]

I like it. We should have someone take our recommendations to Heinz and hand deliver them to Colbert.

Of course there are names and frames that should have been DND, but have worked out nicely.

Examples:

Shazier overcame his frame

Martavis is an odd name, but when eligible to ply he is nasty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 pm 

Conditionally reinstated...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/martavis-bryant-conditionally-reinstated-after-drug-suspension/

Quote:
Bryant can participate in team meetings and offseason workouts effective immediately. He will be allowed to participate in training camp practices and preseason games provided that he demonstrates before camp that he has made arrangements to continue drug treatment in Pittsburgh.

Before the regular season the NFL will review his progress, and if he has complied with drug treatment he will be fully reinstated for Week One.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next