It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 9674
Fully Agreed B2B. Where's the 'Transparency' the NFL claims to be about? I do agree too with the post above suggesting it is Bryant's responsibility to research into what hoops he has to jump through as the process unfolds. At the same time you'd think the players association would be very 'jonny on the spot' with any/all information regarding what Bryant will need to do preparation wise. It's a massive failure of communication if this is indeed the case. Yes, Disgusting!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 835
Steelafan77 wrote:
Fully Agreed B2B. Where's the 'Transparency' the NFL claims to be about? I do agree too with the post above suggesting it is Bryant's responsibility to research into what hoops he has to jump through as the process unfolds. At the same time you'd think the players association would be very 'jonny on the spot' with any/all information regarding what Bryant will need to do preparation wise. It's a massive failure of communication if this is indeed the case. Yes, Disgusting!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 2424
SteelerChef wrote:
Martavis is the most talented WR in the NFL since Randy Moss. Legit HOF talent. You do whatever you can to hold to that and make the most of it the last 2 yrs of his rookie deal because he isnt staying here.

This a deep draft in at least 3 Steeler need areas. I am hoping like hell they trade down in the 1st and pick up at least a 4 and 6.

Right now their are only 2 players who might drop to 30 Id consider not trading down for.

Jordan Willis and Pat Mahomes. I will be somewhat disappointed if we stay at 30 and take anyone else who has even an outside chance of being there.


You're going to be disappointed then.

0% chance we or any other team takes Jordan Willis in the first round. Steelers have shown no interest at all. Willis is a day 2 player.

0.003% chance we take Mahomes. He won't be at 30 and if he is I doubt we'd take him. Seems pretty clear we're looking for a mid round developmental type QB.

Unless we're blown away in a trade, we aren't moving out of the first round. Giving up that 5th year option is huge. When our pick comes up we'll take all of 30 seconds running up to the podium the way we always do. And we'll probably draft somebody the board hates and they'll probably
turn out to be a good player ala Shazier, Burns, Davis...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 835
Oh I realize thats the more likely scenario but given Willis dropping in some circles I seriously consider moving down

Consider this

2. J Willis OLB
2. Pick your fave here
3. J Jones SS
3. J Smith Schuster WR
4. Q Wilson CB
4. J Mathis OLB
5. M Roberts TE
6. J Clark CB
6. B Howard WR
7. J Jones OLB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 2424
I don't think the Steelers see Willis as an OLB, looks like a DL/play with your hand on the ground player only. Lotta likable traits, but can he bend and flatten on the edge? Play in space? I don't think the Steelers think so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 12801
TB wrote:
0% chance we or any other team takes Jordan Willis in the first round.

Avatar bet? I think he goes no later than Atlanta at 31.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 12801
TB wrote:
I don't think the Steelers see Willis as an OLB, looks like a DL/play with your hand on the ground player only. Lotta likable traits, but can he bend and flatten on the edge? Play in space? I don't think the Steelers think so.

He literally fits all of the benchmarks (size, testing) set by looking at a decade of OLB picks they've made. Their lack of interest is astounding.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 835
I see the book on Willis as this

Elite football character......gives you everything he has on the field and off
Elite physical measureables........as good any OLB drafted in the top 10

Lacks a plethora of techniques at this point.....isnt polished as it were.....thats coaching.....which I think we have.....and want to on his part....which hes demostrated at every turn so far.....

His floor imo is an Aaron Smith Joey Porter type player......always solid at times great.....the Steelers need those players right now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 835
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
I don't think the Steelers see Willis as an OLB, looks like a DL/play with your hand on the ground player only. Lotta likable traits, but can he bend and flatten on the edge? Play in space? I don't think the Steelers think so.

He literally fits all of the benchmarks (size, testing) set by looking at a decade of OLB picks they've made. Their lack of interest is astounding.


I hope its a smokescreen.....imo hes far and away the best 1st pick that has a shot at being there


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 4188
SteelerChef wrote:
Martavis is the most talented WR in the NFL since Randy Moss. Legit HOF talent.
Wha? He has proven jack shit. He has the potential to be great, but is far from that right now. Not even close to Randy Moss and his HOF status is not fait accompli by any stretch.

Scunge wrote:
The one thing about Bryant coming back from suspension and realizing his potential is that it is really, really so against the odds. I mean the odds are so ridiculous that the Steelers should spend a high pick on a WR in this draft.

I have looked over the list of suspended players the past 10 years and it is grim. Show me a player who was suspended for 10 games, suspended for an entire season and then had a come to Jesus moment, cleaned up his act and then emerged as a great player. All I see are players that continue the downward spiral, continue to get suspended, get suspended indefinitely, move from team to team, and never live up to their potential.

My outlook on Bryant is that I don't expect anything from him and if he does get reinstated, if he does play well, then great, but it does not stop me from taking a WR high in this year's draft, first or second round.
This. Although unlike everybody else, I haven't given up entirely on Coates being a valuable contributor.

_________________
Image


Last edited by COR-TEN on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jewelsongs and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group