It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:16 am 

Fully Agreed B2B. Where's the 'Transparency' the NFL claims to be about? I do agree too with the post above suggesting it is Bryant's responsibility to research into what hoops he has to jump through as the process unfolds. At the same time you'd think the players association would be very 'jonny on the spot' with any/all information regarding what Bryant will need to do preparation wise. It's a massive failure of communication if this is indeed the case. Yes, Disgusting!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:23 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Fully Agreed B2B. Where's the 'Transparency' the NFL claims to be about? I do agree too with the post above suggesting it is Bryant's responsibility to research into what hoops he has to jump through as the process unfolds. At the same time you'd think the players association would be very 'jonny on the spot' with any/all information regarding what Bryant will need to do preparation wise. It's a massive failure of communication if this is indeed the case. Yes, Disgusting!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:26 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Martavis is the most talented WR in the NFL since Randy Moss. Legit HOF talent. You do whatever you can to hold to that and make the most of it the last 2 yrs of his rookie deal because he isnt staying here.

This a deep draft in at least 3 Steeler need areas. I am hoping like hell they trade down in the 1st and pick up at least a 4 and 6.

Right now their are only 2 players who might drop to 30 Id consider not trading down for.

Jordan Willis and Pat Mahomes. I will be somewhat disappointed if we stay at 30 and take anyone else who has even an outside chance of being there.

You're going to be disappointed then.

0% chance we or any other team takes Jordan Willis in the first round. Steelers have shown no interest at all. Willis is a day 2 player.

0.003% chance we take Mahomes. He won't be at 30 and if he is I doubt we'd take him. Seems pretty clear we're looking for a mid round developmental type QB.

Unless we're blown away in a trade, we aren't moving out of the first round. Giving up that 5th year option is huge. When our pick comes up we'll take all of 30 seconds running up to the podium the way we always do. And we'll probably draft somebody the board hates and they'll probably
turn out to be a good player ala Shazier, Burns, Davis...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:48 am 

Oh I realize thats the more likely scenario but given Willis dropping in some circles I seriously consider moving down

Consider this

2. J Willis OLB
2. Pick your fave here
3. J Jones SS
3. J Smith Schuster WR
4. Q Wilson CB
4. J Mathis OLB
5. M Roberts TE
6. J Clark CB
6. B Howard WR
7. J Jones OLB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm 

I don't think the Steelers see Willis as an OLB, looks like a DL/play with your hand on the ground player only. Lotta likable traits, but can he bend and flatten on the edge? Play in space? I don't think the Steelers think so.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:04 pm 

TB wrote:
0% chance we or any other team takes Jordan Willis in the first round.

Avatar bet? I think he goes no later than Atlanta at 31.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:06 pm 

TB wrote:
I don't think the Steelers see Willis as an OLB, looks like a DL/play with your hand on the ground player only. Lotta likable traits, but can he bend and flatten on the edge? Play in space? I don't think the Steelers think so.

He literally fits all of the benchmarks (size, testing) set by looking at a decade of OLB picks they've made. Their lack of interest is astounding.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:16 pm 

I see the book on Willis as this

Elite football character......gives you everything he has on the field and off
Elite physical measureables........as good any OLB drafted in the top 10

Lacks a plethora of techniques at this point.....isnt polished as it were.....thats coaching.....which I think we have.....and want to on his part....which hes demostrated at every turn so far.....

His floor imo is an Aaron Smith Joey Porter type player......always solid at times great.....the Steelers need those players right now

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:19 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:

He literally fits all of the benchmarks (size, testing) set by looking at a decade of OLB picks they've made. Their lack of interest is astounding.

I hope its a smokescreen.....imo hes far and away the best 1st pick that has a shot at being there

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:47 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Martavis is the most talented WR in the NFL since Randy Moss. Legit HOF talent.
Wha? He has proven jack shit. He has the potential to be great, but is far from that right now. Not even close to Randy Moss and his HOF status is not fait accompli by any stretch.

Scunge wrote:
The one thing about Bryant coming back from suspension and realizing his potential is that it is really, really so against the odds. I mean the odds are so ridiculous that the Steelers should spend a high pick on a WR in this draft.

I have looked over the list of suspended players the past 10 years and it is grim. Show me a player who was suspended for 10 games, suspended for an entire season and then had a come to Jesus moment, cleaned up his act and then emerged as a great player. All I see are players that continue the downward spiral, continue to get suspended, get suspended indefinitely, move from team to team, and never live up to their potential.

My outlook on Bryant is that I don't expect anything from him and if he does get reinstated, if he does play well, then great, but it does not stop me from taking a WR high in this year's draft, first or second round.
This. Although unlike everybody else, I haven't given up entirely on Coates being a valuable contributor.

Last edited by COR-TEN on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next