It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Offseason moves begin
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
I forgot about DL Tyson Alualu.

Does he bring anything to get excited about? Solid fill in?

Former first round pick with matching measurables/pedigree. Started for 8 seasons and racked up 17.5 sacks. Has the potential to be solid DL depth. And with Heyward and Tuitt taking so many snaps, they need someone to spell them.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm 

Agreed LTW. I can't imagine a better way when adding depth to your team. Especially up in the trenches where it becomes very crucial. Alualu can play inside and outside. Hargrave, Tuitt and Heyward will have excellent back up talent behind them. Not to mention you can take a fresh Alualu and put him in certain packages throughout the game and cause havoc. Tuitt, Hargrave, Alualu and Heyward line up in a 4-3? Alualu and Hargrave together on the field could be a very challenging duo in the middle to contend with. Then you have Tuitt and Heyward on the outside to contend with? Butler must be creaming his shorts with the seemingly limitless options on DLine.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:13 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Agreed LTW. I can't imagine a better way when adding depth to your team. Especially up in the trenches where it becomes very crucial. Alualu can play inside and outside. Hargrave, Tuitt and Heyward will have excellent back up talent behind them. Not to mention you can take a fresh Alualu and put him in certain packages throughout the game and cause havoc. Tuitt, Hargrave, Alualu and Heyward line up in a 4-3? Alualu and Hargrave together on the field could be a very challenging duo in the middle to contend with. Then you have Tuitt and Heyward on the outside to contend with? Butler must be creaming his shorts with the seemingly limitless options on DLine.

I really hope we see stuff like that this season.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:01 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

We will on offense with Dobbs. Tomlin thinks he's found that added dimension he's wanted with Dobbs. Dobbs was drafted to be a weapon for Ben or LJ if Ben is down. Dobbs in motion with AB & MB wide could be just one of a few nice wrinkles. Butler and Haley better have stand out seasons.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:51 pm 

Chiefs released OLB Tourek Williams. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/858 ... k-williams

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

We will on offense with Dobbs. Tomlin thinks he's found that added dimension he's wanted with Dobbs. Dobbs was drafted to be a weapon for Ben or LJ if Ben is down. Dobbs in motion with AB & MB wide could be just one of a few nice wrinkles. Butler and Haley better have stand out seasons.

Who comes off the field in order to accommodate a rookie QB playing WR?

I'm sorry but just don't see it. If they drafted a QB as a "weapon for Ben" then we should seriously be questioning the powers that be.

We need a QB learning to play QB. Not replacing a WR or RB who most likely is a better WR or RB than he...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:25 am 

I'm sorry but just don't see it. If they drafted a QB as a "weapon for Ben" then we should seriously be questioning the powers that be.

We need a QB learning to play QB. Not replacing a WR or RB who most likely is a better WR or RB than he

I think he's a gadget. Not Ben's replacement. Ben is back to win a SB, if he didn't have a shot he would have retired. Maybe he'll go 2 more years. He needs every weapon. If every one is healthy and MB stays straight & the alien is back Josh will see the field, used creatively. He'll get snaps at QB preseason, then situational in real games. Ben's replacement is prob still in school.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:02 am 

Old School Steeler wrote:

We need a QB learning to play QB. Not replacing a WR or RB who most likely is a better WR or RB than he

I think he's a gadget. Not Ben's replacement. Ben is back to win a SB, if he didn't have a shot he would have retired. Maybe he'll go 2 more years. He needs every weapon. If every one is healthy and MB stays straight & the alien is back Josh will see the field, used creatively. He'll get snaps at QB preseason, then situational in real games. Ben's replacement is prob still in school.

Dobbs? A weapon for Ben? No offense, but that is just dumb however it's described, gadget or weapon. I suppose any thing's possible, but if this offense, in full force, is trying to incorporate Dobbs into some retarded 'slash' role, then god help us.

So ya, that's a big fat no concerning Dobbs. It really doesn't even make sense on any level, reality or fantasy.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:39 pm 

Would you or more importantly the Steelers be interested in Free agent TE Joseph Fauria. Apparently he is attempting a comeback..., Didn't even know he was gone? Anyways...
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/jo ... um=twitter

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:13 pm 

I think the steelers will most likely pass

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next