It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Offseason moves begin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:29 pm 

Quote:
Here is a rundown of everyone who was signed after the season to a reserve/future contract:

Cornerback Brandon Dixon: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Linebacker Greg Ducre: Spent time with the San Diego Chargers and Washington Redskins on practice squad and active roster in 2014 and 2015. Also spent time with the BC Lions in the Canadian Football League.

Running back Brandon Brown-Dukes: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Offensive lineman Matt Feiler: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Safety Jacob Hagen: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Cornerback Mike Hilton: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Linebacker Farrington Huguenin: Signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2016, but was waived/injured before the start of the season.

Running back Gus Johnson: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Offensive lineman Keavon Milton: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Running back Dreamius Smith: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Wide receiver Dez Stewart: Was on the Green Bay Packers practice squad in 2016.

Wide receiver Marcus Tucker: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016.

Running back Karlos Williams: Was on the Steelers practice squad in 2016. http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 68ca6e7cfd

Quote:
The Steelers come to terms with another of their exclusive rights free agents, signing tight end Xavier Grimble to a one-year contract. http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/119 ... s-steelers

Business as usual. They do what they do...

Post subject: Re: Offseason moves begin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:35 pm 

Was there any particular names we were supposed to be on the lookout for, hence we do what we do?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:36 pm 

Quote:
@FieldYates
The Browns have released QB Josh McCown and CB Tramon Williams. https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/8 ... 1722235905

In an unrelated move the stains released McGown. I think the Steelers ought to look at getting him into the fold. JMO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:38 pm 

Luca Brasi wrote:
Was there any particular names we were supposed to be on the lookout for, hence we do what we do?

We are comfortable with the players from our practice squad. Familiarity breeds comfort.
Yes. We do what we do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:39 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

We are comfortable with the players from our practice squad. Familiarity breeds comfort.
Yes. We do what we do.

Soooo, this is a bad thing? I'm not sure what I am supposed to be mad about here?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:41 pm 

I suppose not Brasi. It was just me making a statement about the Steelers doing business as usual. Nothing exciting. Here are some players I neglected to list.

1/28/2017: Re-signed S Jordan Dangerfield to a one-year, $540,000 contract. Re-signed WR Cobi Hamilton to a one-year, $540,000 contract.

2/1/2017: Re-signed LS Greg Warren to a one-year, $1.08 million contract.

2/2/2017: Re-signed K Chris Boswell to a one-year, $615,000 contract.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:51 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@FieldYates
The Browns have released QB Josh McCown and CB Tramon Williams. https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/8 ... 1722235905

In an unrelated move the stains released McGown. I think the Steelers ought to look at getting him into the fold. JMO

Agreed 1000%

He is still serviceable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:52 pm 

Luca Brasi wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

Yes. We do what we do.

Soooo, this is a bad thing? I'm not sure what I am supposed to be mad about here?

Your collar needs some startching 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:31 am 

Damn, what a bargain for Boswell. Dude should easily be a top-10 paid kicker, but looks like he may have to wait a year. I wonder if they try to work-out a long-term deal with him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 am 

Championship.
Call me when they sign Ingram or Berry, or both.

#7 has 2 maybe 3 years left barring a major injury. Go balls out. It took 20 YEARS from Bradshaw to Ben.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:58 am 

I'm with you cop. Steelers fans on this forum and likely everywhere else are all hoping for some off season FA magic 'splash player signing(s)'. Now, whether that happens is still a mystery. Wait and See Mode...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 am 

Steelers Signed ERFA RB Fitzgerald Toussaint to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/st ... gs-visits/

Championship

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:10 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Steelers Signed ERFA RB Fitzgerald Toussaint to a one-year exclusive rights free agent tender.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/st ... gs-visits/

Championship

Great. So they can give Frenchie a hat over young talented receivers in important games (they are all important) because he's a special teams assassin. As COR-TEN said, championship.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I'm with you cop. Steelers fans on this forum and likely everywhere else are all hoping for some off season FA magic 'splash player signing(s)'. Now, whether that happens is still a mystery. Wait and See Mode...

this is the first year I can remember when the Steelers had over $20M in cap space. They could make some splash signings. The question is whether they want to.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:56 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

this is the first year I can remember when the Steelers had over $20M in cap space. They could make some splash signings. The question is whether they want to.
I'm not holding my breath. At least not with the offense, anyway. I believe I heard someone ask BR about the receiver corps - because of some dropped passes - and said without hesitation he likes who they have now. Defense might be another story.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:19 pm 

Offense is fine if Alien is back and they can squeeze another year of Deangelo at backup RB. AB, Alien, Rogers, Ayers, Hamilton...all good. I'd look at TE in the first 3 rounds because Green is done. However, Jesse James has improved every year. If he can get a bit stronger, I can live with him at TE (especially again if Alien is back). Alien changes the offense in 100 different ways...all positive.

Defense has to be pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. No way around it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:47 pm 

franco32 wrote:

I'm just going to follow you around and agree with you everytime you say this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:47 pm 

pass rush and secondary help is what this team need. We need another Solid pass rusher off the edge and i would like a potential outside CB and a slot CB because cant be sure what we going to get from Golshon.
I Would think the offense can use a pass catching TE due to Green being an unknown.
They need a RB to groom as a #2 and would look to add a late round WR because again not sure about Bryant.I still thinking we going to add a potential FA either on the defensive or offensive side that will suprise us

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:37 pm 

Any interest in Micah Hyde from the Packers? He has played everywhere in the secondary, but is a safety by trade. Could he match up with the big TE's in the league? CB, OLB, and DL who can rush the passer is what this team needs most. I spend all my draft picks on the D and bring a whole bunch of DL and OLB in as undrafted free agents. Hope someone can stick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:55 am 

jebrick wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

It is exciting jebrick. I'm hoping we see some prudent extensions and hopefully a great FA signing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:04 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
franco32 wrote:

I'm just going to follow you around and agree with you everytime you say this.

LOL...I'm just a little obsessed at this point. Our pass rush has been garbage for about 5 years now. (Manufactured sacks versus Cleveland and Indy don't excite me.) Sick and tired of it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:30 am 

I don't doubt the need to improve the pass rush. But I do doubt that steelers can be effective keeping to the way they've traditionally approached pass rushes and corners, i.e. OLB and cover 3 off man type coverages.

They need to find corners that can jam wr and te and run with them and play the ball.

I agree with perch and scunge that there's more to it then just adding edge rushers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:36 am 

Plus I think the future is more with the hargraves and tuitts and less with the jarvis' and duprees.

I'm thinking bang for buck interior guys give more value.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:22 pm 

I don't get the dupree hate.

Last year, his rookie season, he did very well in the first 3 quarters of the season, then hit the rookie wall - and admitted it himself.

This year, he's had a an injury that affects explosiveness and power, missed a bunch of games, and now he's labeled a JAG because he didn't sack brady?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:44 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
I don't doubt the need to improve the pass rush. But I do doubt that steelers can be effective keeping to the way they've traditionally approached pass rushes and corners, i.e. OLB and cover 3 off man type coverages.

They need to find corners that can jam wr and te and run with them and play the ball.

I agree with perch and scunge that there's more to it then just adding edge rushers.

Questions coming in rapid succession...
1> Wasn't that what the now 8-season rebuild has been about all along?
2> At what point do you take what YOU'VE put on the roster and coach the best out of them with this COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAN in mind?
3> In retrospect of the defensive game plan of that AFCCG ABORTION, what makes you think our coaching staff wants or would know how to get the most of "corners that can jam wr and te and run with them and play the ball."?!

We really need a reality check, here!
Mikey T. doesn't get it.
Mikey T. isn't going anywhere.

I'm done trying to hold out hope any more. Enough is enough!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next