All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Week 2 Injury Report
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:34 pm 

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-2-injury-report-seahawks

Quote:
Week 2 Injury Report (Seahawks)

Teresa Varley

Steelers.com

On Tuesday Coach Mike Tomlin said some players could be limited in practice early in the week and that was just the case when the team returned to the field on Wednesday. Some were limited, and several didn’t practice at all.

Joe Haden (shoulder), Roosevelt Nix (knee) and Maurkice Pouncey (ankle) didn’t practice, while Zach Banner (illness), James Conner (illness), Sean Davis (ankle), Terrell Edmunds (glute), JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe), and T.J. Watt (hip) were limited. Ben Roethlisberger didn’t practice, simply a coach’s decision to give him a day off.

Davis missed last week’s game against the New England Patriots and said it felt good to get some work in with his teammates.

“I am feeling better,” said Davis. “I finally got to get out there with the guys today, move around. No setbacks. That is the good thing. I am just eager to get back, get as healthy as possible, as fast as possible, so I can help contribute.

“We took a forward step today, definitely progressed. Got to re-join the guys today, run around a little bit, test my ankle out. Looking forward to doing a little bit more tomorrow in practice. I am getting better. I am doing better than I was last week.”

Haden injured his shoulder in the Patriots game, but said it is improving.

“It’s feeling pretty good,” said Haden. “Still bothering me but it’s going day-by-day. It’s been feeling better every day. Hopefully see how that goes.”

The full injury report is below.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 2

Wednesday, September 11
QB Ben Roethlisberger (Coaches Decision) - DNP
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Toe) - Limited
S Sean Davis (Ankle) - Limited
CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - DNP
RB James Conner (Illness) - Limited
S Terrell Edmunds (Glute) - Limited
C Maurkice Pouncey (Ankle) - DNP
LB T.J. Watt (Hip) - Limited
FB Roosevelt Nix (Knee) - DNP
OT Zach Banner (Illness) - Limited

Seattle Seahawks Participation/Injury Report, Week 2

Wednesday, September 11
C Joey Hunt (Ankle) - DNP
DT Poona Ford (Calf) - DNP
S Tedric Thompson (Hamstring) - DNP
CB Neiko Thorpe (Hamstring) - DNP
C Justin Britt (Knee) - DNP
WR Tyler Lockett (Back) - DNP
G Mike Iupati (Foot) - Limited
WR David Moore (Shoulder) - Limited
DE L.J. Collier (Ankle) - Limited
DE Ziggy Ansah (Shoulder) - Limited
S Ugo Amadi (Shoulder) - Limited
DE Jadeveon Clowney (NIR) - Limited
T Duane Brown (Knee) - Full
T Duane Fant (Ankle) - Full
TE Will Dissly (Knee) - Full

and we are back to vet day off Wed for Ben even though he looked like hot garbage last weekend. Fucking Tomlin is such a terrible decision maker. How did that strategy work last year you fucking fuck? Oh you didn't make the playoffs? OK let's do it again.

Post subject: Re: Week 2 Injury Report
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm 

Agreed vet day off is such bullshit. We couldn’t have looked worse Sunday. NOBODY should have the fucking day off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm 

Yeah, when I read that day off I laughed. We do what we do. No one gets a fucking day off when they contribute to an utter abortion/failure where I'm from. I understand why both bell and brown split pittsburgh. Favoritism is rampant and excepted from the top down. If one guy can do it why can't another? This one of the several reasons Tomlin has to go. Everyone contributes. Every year we have this discussion. There are folks that agree with it and there are folks like myself that believe to be a detriment to the team.

Last edited by Steelafan77 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm 

Ben didnt look that bad. Most of you think when a pass doesnt hit the WR on 2 hands its the QBs fault.

Whats more likely ??

Moncrief and Switzer and others got steered by the NE DBs or Ben all of a sudden forgot how to throw ??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm 

It was a combination of 3 things. The cheat DB's where allowed to be handsy. WR'ers dropping perfectly thrown passes and Ben making his WTF throws... What can be helped? What could be coached up? 2 of those 3 contributors. So let's go ahead and give him a day off cause his WTF throws are acceptable. Having no continuity with the QB and WR's is what was the greatest problem out there. The DB thing? That's up to the officials.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 pm 

Well said 77’

Is it really off limits to be critical of Ben at all now on this site? The protection was bad and sure the WRs didn’t play great but yes, the only way all of that gets shored up is by practicing and getting in a rhythm.

That’s why your veteran QB who doesn’t have that many years left should be out there practicing. Does Brady take vet days off? I’m pretty sure he was out there with MBC today throwing dimes as usual.

You are also correct that this is symptomatic of a larger issue. Tomlin, the dude doesn’t fucking coach. I still don’t know what the guy does. What I know he doesn’t do is analyze win percentages based on his decision to kick a FG down 20 points from the 1 yard line @ Gillette.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:34 pm 

Im rewatching the game now. Im at the 1st Steeler FG. About 10mins left in the 3rd

Im only gonna say this once. Pay attention. :lol:

Every single throw except 2 (and one of those one he was escaping left under heavy pressure and it was about 6 inches from easy catch....the wr had his hands on it but couldnt haul it in) and the other one truthfully I think the WR was to blame but its hard to tell

You guys do realize a QB often needs to throw where its either his guy or not at all and WRs gotta run through those right ??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 pm 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Im rewatching the game now. Im at the 1st Steeler FG. About 10mins left in the 3rd

Every single throw except 2 (and one of those one he was escaping left under heavy pressure and it was about 6 inches from easy catch....the wr had his hands on it but couldnt haul it in) and the other one truthfully I think the WR was to blame but its hard to tell

You guys do realize a QB often needs to throw where its either his guy or not at all and WRs gotta run through those right ??

Well this is exactly the opposite of what Ben said in an interview. I will take his word for it over the guy that gets hot and bothered over Blizzard Thompson.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 pm 

stillthere wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

Well this is exactly the opposite of what Ben said in an interview. I will take his word for it over the guy that gets hot and bothered over Blizzard Thompson.

so now what Ben says to the press is GOSPEL ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cmon man :lol: :lol: :lol:

He mightve made 5 bad passes all night and truthfully its more like 4 probably. and it might be 3

I know he didnt throw the ball away twice. think about that

I wasnt tracking throways per se there MIGHT have been one ????

Out of 47 passes 5 bad ones tops....brady had about that too iirc ?? fwiw

most of you guys think if the ball doesnt hit the WR in both hands between the numbers the QB is off.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:47 am 

Perhaps my perception is biased. The way I see it is, when a high ranking representative enters the field and jumps into the trenches with his/her team members it always demands respect. It also allows that higher ranking representative the opportunity to build report with his/her employees. The respect level sky rockets and the continuity grows immensely. Are there still moments where a set back unfolds? Absolutely. Is it easily overturned/resolved without missing a beat? Absolutely. The urgency to better the overall performance with all involved is heightened and surges forward consistently improving.
That's what you've seen over the last 20 years in the Patriot franchise. That's what I've personally experienced in my work place. That's what's missing within the Steelers franchise. Because they've become complacent and chose [lazily] to rest on their laurels of..., well, at least we won the division. Or..., well, at least we made it to the postseason. Or..., well, at least we beat the Patriots at home for the first time in a fucking decade...
My point is, Ben, Tomlin and anyone else buying into the 'we do what we do' [specialized treatment according to player rank] program are always going to miss the big picture. Always going to be one and done. Always going to find disappointment at the end of their journey. Honestly, as Die Hard Steeler Fan as I am for well over 40 years I find myself Skeptical. Every year this has been an internal struggle for me. I realize I have no control over what they do. So I come here to bitch and complain about all the above mentioned. This team is Easy to Love. Been doing it for decades. This team is really difficult to like. Because I HATE Losing! Especially to the Patriots.

In several words... Inspiration, Motivation, Dedication and Confidence.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:18 am 

Quote:
Roethlisberger didn’t practice, simply a coach’s decision to give him a day off.

So this team does not need any and every available, NFL alloted practice time to help improve an offense that;

scored 3 points.
had no rhyme, reason or rhythm,
has a #2 WR in Moncrief, that did not catch a single NFL pass from the franchise QB.....before week 1......who had 2-3 series together in blaise pre-season games.
has a #2b WR in Washington, who did not see a preseason pass from the franchise QB..........again. And who can really use a confidence and chemistry builder with the franchise QB to take that next step.
Has a dynamic #3/4 WR , 3rd round draft pick in Johnson,......... who did not see an NFL game pass, nor preseason pass from the franchise QB....ever.....who we have visions of being the best available #3 WR on this team.
who had a #6 WR that was added to the team driving to the stadium Sunday afternoon.............who did not see an NFL game pass, nor preseason pass from the franchise QB.......ever.
AND who has a #1 WR in JuJu................that desperately needs to find chemistry and cohesion with all these new guys around him. I.E. do not collide with guys on pick plays / rubs, spacing on routes do not get to close to one another, knowing exactly how one another will run 8-10-12-15 yard routes and trusting where they will be on the field.
Not that we ran any 10-12-15 yard routes...... they were either 5-7 yard passes or 35-45 yard bombs.

Knowing all that listed above.....the PS incorporated the deep bomb, the lowest percentage pass play....given the circumstances listed above as part of the game plan. And or Ben audibled into those plays.

Not to mention that HALF the WR core.......HALF..........is New to team and play book...........
Moncrief
Johnson
Horton

Which also means, new to Ben and how he wants routes run, how to cut, where to cut, how the ball will come out of his hands, etc. etc. etc. repetition, repetition, repetition = sync, sync, sync, = results, results, results.

Throw in Snell and Gentry............( who, yes, did not get into the offense )........and thats 5 of your 12 skill position ( 6 WR, 3 TE, 3 RB ) players that never played with Ben in an NFL game and who need extra time.
Given Washington, Samuels and Switzer only have one year under their belt, had limited play time last year and also did not work with Ben in pre-season games last year..........

The PS basically have 8 of 12 skill position players with only a year or less ..............to no play time at tall with Ben.

So yes......
Wednesday was a good time to spend wisely.
We chose complacency.
Again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 am 

You know what? I am fine with Ben taking a day off, hell, take two days off Ben I am cool with it. Why?

Because Mason Rudolph will get much needed practice, reps and get more and more comfortable and hopefully develop faster.

I am actually to the point where I don't care if Ben plays the next 3 years, 5 years, whatever. It would not bother me one bit if Ben went down to injury Sunday and the Mason Rudolph era began. I am glad we have a Rudolph as a backup.

It is sort of ridiculous how in the preseason/training camp, whenever Ben had a day off, Pouncey took the day off too. So, Rudolph, who should have gotten some much needed reps with Pouncey as his center, instead got it with Finney or Patrick Morris.

Sorry, but that is not how you build a team, or return to greatness, still some players on this team that are setting bad examples, are not really leading by example. This shit trickles down, infects everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am 

Perhaps you’re all right about the day off but I expect to hear mea culpas if they look like gangbusters on Sunday.

Lots of stuff the guy does wrong but one of his strengths is knowing his team and honing in on what each version is about. They always get better over the course of every season, unless injuries or some unfettered diva bullshit does them in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:03 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Perhaps you’re all right about the day off but I expect to hear mea culpas if they look like gangbusters on Sunday.

Lots of stuff the guy does wrong but one of his strengths is knowing his team and honing in on what each version is about. They always get better over the course of every season, unless injuries or some unfettered diva bullshit does them in.

I sure do hope so.......
I will be in the house.

It has not been uncommon for the PS under Tomlin and Ben to lay a stinker and then come back and have their best game of the season.
Only leary because of so many new parts in this offense.

With potential trap and or let down games in the near future
we have a west coast trip to play SF next week..........
Followed by a home game vs. Miami.....in which we may be able to rest player Wednesday AND Thursday

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:41 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Would love to be eating crow sunday night. I just watched this exact cluster fuck last season though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 pm 

Kinda the point I'm thinking I'm making here [Scunge/B2B]. No One should have Any Fucking Day(s) Off. With injury/illness the exception. Trying to win just doesn't happen because you want it to. It happens because you want it to, as well as Earn it. In order for the Steelers to be lucky enough to make the big boys league they need to seize their opportunity. By planning for that opportunity. Ensuring it matures by following through on the field successfully. That's putting yourself in a lucky position IMO. Standing on the fucking side lines allowing someone else to take your reps is pure lazy/complacent bullshit. Spinning it to the positive side all you can isn't going to explain away this shit for brains ideology of 'Vet Days Off'. Stupid, moronic and lame. If you want it bad enough there's no keeping you off that field. When your off that field how are you able to experience your planned opportunity maturing, ie your lucky break? :?