It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can It Be That The Raiders Knew?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:44 pm 

The rumours are that the story about AB & Britney Taylor was floating around several days earlier. Brown had apologized for his twitter post & what he had said to the GM & Gruden says that Brown is playing on Sunday. The Raiders then cancel the guaranteed money. I don't see Gruden as stupid. They could have traded him to the Patriots for the afore-mentioned first round pick or a wr & draft pick. Can it be that the Raiders knew?

Last edited by blu on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Can It Be That The Raiders Knew?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:03 pm 

that was stated in the schefter/nesn article in other thread. This incident is, plus the recording of gruden are prob the kickers

Quote:
Whispers of allegations against Brown circulated on social media over the weekend, before he was released by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday. Shortly after his release, the 31-year-old agreed to terms on a one-year, $15 million contract with the Patriots that included a $9 million signing bonus.

UPDATE (11:55 p.m. ET): The Patriots released the following statement: “We are aware of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier today against Antonio Brown, as well as the response by Antonio’s representatives. We take these allegations very seriously. Under no circumstance does this organization condone sexual violence or assault. The league has informed us that they will be investigating. We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:04 pm 

The fact that the NFL is meeting with her is REALLY not a good sign for Brown. I think he’s done.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
The fact that the NFL is meeting with her is REALLY not a good sign for Brown. I think he’s done.

YEs, they are forced to not sweep under rug. They will be crucified if so, which is also fine as this NFL is doomed to die horribly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:08 pm 

Would be funny as shit if he’s arrested on criminal charges the second he steps off the plane on Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:12 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Would be funny as shit if he’s arrested on criminal charges the second he steps off the plane on Saturday.

and he bolts resisting arrest, commencing in OJ Bronco scenario.....that would draw the tv viewers for sure!! Hey' it's AB

Here's another wrestling angle.......he gets guaranteed money if Roger NFI's him. Pats owe paying him while suspended. Rosenhaus is a fucking snake and that's what he orchestrates.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:51 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Yup. It's not a court of law, and the NFL can make its own determination based on how well she performs. By that I mean a) She's sincere, and really breaks down when talking about it - because it was rape or b) She's a great actress, and convinces the NFL that something happened when it didn't.

If I were the raiders, or steelers, I'd figure out a way to get this in the news everyday without it appearing responsible for the media circus. Or maybe that's gonna happen on its own.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 pm 

The likely result is AB is going to the commissioners exempt list, which will mean he can Not practice or play with the Pats until his case is over. And he still gets paid while he waits.

Before the allegations, I was looking forward to AB joining the Pats so he could slowly destroy their team from the inside out. I hate to say it, but if AB never plays a snap with Pats, which seems likely, then the Pats will have dodged a bullet. AB would have played well but might destroy the locker room, in his own special way. I seriously think the Pats are going dodge a bullet here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:36 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
... and he bolts resisting arrest, commencing in OJ Bronco scenario.....that would draw the tv viewers for sure!!

And in keeping with the bizzarro world we're now living in, Orenthal (who's been publicly following and commenting on the AB saga with disturbing regularity) will provide a livestreaming play-by-play and interview AB on the lam during the chase in his white Rolls Royce ... ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:15 pm 

Quote:
Before the allegations, I was looking forward to AB joining the Pats so he could slowly destroy their team from the inside out. I hate to say it, but if AB never plays a snap with Pats, which seems likely, then the Pats will have dodged a bullet. AB would have played well but might destroy the locker room, in his own special way. I seriously think the Pats are going dodge a bullet here.

There is absolutely 0% chance that AB will destroy the Patriots' locker room. The Patriots very clearly demonstrated on Sunday night that they do not need him for their success. Neither the Raiders nor Steelers really got a chance to show that. To the Patriots, Brown is a luxury not a necessity and is very much expendable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:39 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
that was stated in the schefter/nesn article in other thread. This incident is, plus the recording of gruden are prob the kickers

Quote:
Whispers of allegations against Brown circulated on social media over the weekend, before he was released by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday. Shortly after his release, the 31-year-old agreed to terms on a one-year, $15 million contract with the Patriots that included a $9 million signing bonus.

UPDATE (11:55 p.m. ET): The Patriots released the following statement: “We are aware of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier today against Antonio Brown, as well as the response by Antonio’s representatives. We take these allegations very seriously. Under no circumstance does this organization condone sexual violence or assault. The league has informed us that they will be investigating. We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place.”

The Raiders may have found out & thus let him go but would New England have paid out 9 million up front if they knew? I don't think so. The Raiders released Brown & had no obligation to divulge anything. The Raiders heard the rumours & that was the last straw. Otherwise, as Gruden had said even after the GM was threatened, Brown was playing Sunday. If the Raiders had traded Antonio away, they would have had the obligation to divulge what they had heard. Otherwise, why would the Raiders not have traded Brown to the cheaters for something? The press release above is for days later when the law suit was filed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:49 pm 

Even if this was to turn out to be a money/notoriety conspiracy..., with the 'me too' movement in full effect..., Wouldn't want to be in Brown's shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm 

As much as I can’t stand Brown, and the guy is clearly a dumb dirt bag, this sounds like a BS money grab, and he’s getting # Me Screwed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
As much as I can’t stand Brown, and the guy is clearly a dumb dirt bag, this sounds like a BS money grab, and he’s getting # Me Screwed.

Let's see if she actually goes forward with the NFL interview and the lawsuit. But, yeah, in the #MeToo era even if she's not remotely convincing I can't imagine the NFL saying "no action will be taken because we don't believe her".

The timing is also curious - she's getting married this Saturday. For conspiracy theorists, given how religious she is (and likely her future husband) you can imagine how this story may have evolved.

Proven - Tomlin is bad at game management.
Given - 31 other teams would have fired Tomlin long ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:39 pm 

blu wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Quote:

The Raiders may have found out & thus let him go but would New England have paid out 9 million up front if they knew? I don't think so. The Raiders released Brown & had no obligation to divulge anything. The Raiders heard the rumours & that was the last straw. Otherwise, as Gruden had said even after the GM was threatened, Brown was playing Sunday. If the Raiders had traded Antonio away, they would have had the obligation to divulge what they had heard. Otherwise, why would the Raiders not have traded Brown to the cheaters for something? The press release above is for days later when the law suit was filed.

He doesn't get paid shit until the 23rd. They knew about this, and left themselves many outs in his contract.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:56 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:

Quote:

Of course there were whispers.

AB is a high-profile guy and any good lawyer looking for a big check has a sleazy PR firm to start these whispers so the accused will write a check.

It's clear that AB is out of his mind and refused to write the check.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:28 pm 

Reading articles where they are saying AB is likely to play this Sunday. Yep, whoever said it, hes a Patriot. There was never any doubt. Espn has already startec drooling from their greedy mouths about watching him play Sunday. Boy this little bastard wont go away. So.....furniture off buildings, 100 mph, beating up women, destroys two franchises and makes a mockery of the league while doing it, racial slurs towards the gm, emails with proof he is ejaculating all over people when they dont know it and laughing about it( who the fuck even does that), aaaand accused of rape. A guy smokes a joint, 4 games gone. No questions. There is something really, really wrong at the top in the Nfl.