It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jerry Rice: "We all got played"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:01 am 

Someone not on an internet forum is finally stating the obvious.

Quote:
"First of all, I think when he asked to be released by the Steelers, he wanted to go to the Patriots. He wanted them to trade him to the Patriots. And there was no way that the Steelers would trade him to a rival. So he had to go a different route. "

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/10/jerry-rice-antonio-brown-patriots-raiders-played

Post subject: Re: Jerry Rice: "We all got played"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 am 

Yup.
This asshole never had any intention of playing for Oakland.

Cost the Steelers better draft picks. A 3rd and a 5th for one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL. Jeez.
Would have gotten a 1st round pick in return if he was a halfway decent human being and came to the Steelers and quietly asked for a trade.
Cost the Steelers $21 million in dead cap space.

Cost the Raiders a 3rd and 5th round draft pick for....Nothing in return.
Not sure what the final total cost to the Raiders was until they released him.....Million?
But what it really cost the Raiders, on top of lost draft picks............... was the squandered cap-ability for that team to spend $30 million guaranteed dollars on other free agents, prior to this scumbag fleecing them as well. Lost draft picks, lost money, the circus training camp, loss of potential free agents..........would be more than enough, If I was Mayock..to look into tampering charges against the Pats.
We all know the Pats were working the phones for a few days, weeks, months while AB was busy burning every last bridge that led into the Raiders complex.

I would have at least suspended that prick...........let him sit and rot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:29 am 

That is really the in your face truth. They gamed it 1000%. And Goofwell will just bend over as Kraft uses no lube. This is how this league is now. Totally out for storylines and bullshit. Entertainment to capture everyone's eyes

All the owners who allow that sham of a orchestration to stand should be under fire.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:53 am 

I totally agree Beth.

I think that more and more owners are going to come around on the Commish being bad for the game. This whole Brown ordeal is the beginning of a slippery slope, I think more and more players are going to push back against the owners and try and pull more and more of this nonsense.

If the Commish is not going to do anything about it, then the owners damn well better. First thing they could do is get rid of Roger, I don't care if he just signed a new extension, he has to go.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:24 am 

There’s different ways to look at the AB situation from a philosophical point of view. If you take away the emotion we have about AB as Steelers fans, AB’s story makes for an interesting character of narcissism like Shakespeare wrote about.

Another way to look at AB is that he has morphed into a force of destruction, like Sauron or something. He did his damage to the Steelers, then he went through the Raiders like a buzz saw. The Patriots were just fine without AB. Even if AB has every intention of being a positive force in New England, maybe it is just in his nature to destroy things and he can’t escape who he is. Food for thought.

I’m not gonna lie, there’s also the possibility AB will be a huge success in NE.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 am 

Perfect. I hate Shakespeare as much as the Patriots, so that works.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:31 am 

There's reportedly a large amount of Dolphins players calling their agents to set up trade demands following the beating by the Ratbirds this weekend. This trend (and it looks like it's becoming one) is going to need fixed pretty soon, and it's got to be issue number one for owners in the next CBA negotiation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 am 

The slippery slope is in motion. Once these overpaid idiots have control of the asylum the game will deteriorate at an increasingly rapid pace.

Said from the get go that Deuce needed to dig in and fight this. We caved. The Raiders caved. And the player essentially voided two contracts that he willingly signed all with some bad behavior aided by a PR firm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:07 pm 

Ice wrote:
There's reportedly a large amount of Dolphins players calling their agents to set up trade demands following the beating by the Ratbirds this weekend. This trend (and it looks like it's becoming one) is going to need fixed pretty soon, and it's got to be issue number one for owners in the next CBA negotiation.

Good - maybe we can get Minkah Fitpatrick for a 3rd. hahaha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 pm 

The slippery slope started with Bell. His Shakespearean play was no less vile than Brown’s.

I’d bet my life if you grabbed communications from Bakari and Rosenhaus there would be significant indications of cooperation and collusion to maximize contracts through fraudulent and faux storylines.

And I am sure this type of activity goes the other way with ownership too.

I guess it is who gives a fuck when you look at it like a Hollywood production or WWE spectacle; get on with your life loser, I can’t believe you watch that soap opera. Take it the other way; it is just cities losing their bragging rights, while the money inside the NFL goes from the right pocket to the left pocket; don’t get your panties all wadded up, it is still good for the United States.

But for me it intersects with fraud and corruption that has been accelerating exponentially over the last decade or more in our country; as the wealth gets sickeningly more concentrated, the corporations merge into monolithic beasts, and the mechanisms that capture money from the people at the bottom of the pyramid meandering through life, become nearly unavoidable, damn near necessary to participate productively in society, looking suspiciously close to a corporate tax; forcing one to work longer in life and suffer through anxiety over retirement money anxiety housed in the market severely impacted by the aforementioned greed and gluttony!

No worries I will just turn to my beloved Steelers to help me negotiate this struggle through life. It is after-all an opiate for the people. What is that you say? The opiate is laced with cheap Chinese fentanyl?!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:02 pm 

Quote:
On the phone with Terrell Owens. He just told me, "somebody owe me an apology, some money & a contract. See I wasn't that bad." Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:10 pm 

Patriots offered a 1st... so you know they wanted him.

To me, they probably thought Pittsburgh would do the dumb thing, and take the #1 pick over the other offers. That was the plan and Brown did his part.

When he got traded to Oakland and Brown signed his deal... this probably wasn't in the cards at that point... until Brown did Brown things at which point my guess is the Patriots reached out again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:12 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
The slippery slope started with Bell. His Shakespearean play was no less vile than Brown’s.

I’d bet my life if you grabbed communications from Bakari and Rosenhaus there would be significant indications of cooperation and collusion to maximize contracts through fraudulent and faux storylines.

And I am sure this type of activity goes the other way with ownership too.

I guess it is who gives a fuck when you look at it like a Hollywood production or WWE spectacle; get on with your life loser, I can’t believe you watch that soap opera. Take it the other way; it is just cities losing their bragging rights, while the money inside the NFL goes from the right pocket to the left pocket; don’t get your panties all wadded up, it is still good for the United States.

But for me it intersects with fraud and corruption that has been accelerating exponentially over the last decade or more in our country; as the wealth gets sickeningly more concentrated, the corporations merge into monolithic beasts, and the mechanisms that capture money from the people at the bottom of the pyramid meandering through life, become nearly unavoidable, damn near necessary to participate productively in society, looking suspiciously close to a corporate tax; forcing one to work longer in life and suffer through anxiety over retirement money anxiety housed in the market severely impacted by the aforementioned greed and gluttony!

No worries I will just turn to my beloved Steelers to help me negotiate this struggle through life. It is after-all an opiate for the people. What is that you say? The opiate is laced with cheap Chinese fentanyl?!
Totally agree with everything. Good post. Now wait for the squad to come by and admonish you for criticizing their beloved country.

Stosh-67 wrote:
Cost the Raiders a 3rd and 5th round draft pick for....Nothing in return.
Not sure what the final total cost to the Raiders was until they released him.....Million?
But what it really cost the Raiders, on top of lost draft picks............... was the squandered cap-ability for that team to spend $30 million guaranteed dollars on other free agents, prior to this scumbag fleecing them as well. Lost draft picks, lost money, the circus training camp, loss of potential free agents..........
The rookie WR they cut, Doss, went to the cowboys practice squad. The raiders offered him a spot on the 53, and he told them to fuck off. He'd rather stay on the cowboys PS. So AB caused another player to burn a bridge on top of everything. Everybody definitely got played.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
The rookie WR they cut, Doss, went to the cowboys practice squad. The raiders offered him a spot on the 53, and he told them to fuck off. He'd rather stay on the cowboys PS. So AB caused another player to burn a bridge on top of everything. Everybody definitely got played.
He is back in Oakland
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/raiders-happy-keelan-doss-now-back-fold-after-antonio-brown-saga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 pm 

stillthere wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
He is back in Oakland
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/raiders-happy-keelan-doss-now-back-fold-after-antonio-brown-saga
How about that. OAK is his home town, so. . .

Edit : I post he was in dallas. It was jacksonville.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:05 pm 

Quote:
Now wait for the squad to come by and admonish you for criticizing their beloved country.

Or we could just admonish the post for all the off topic references that really have no place here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:38 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
Now wait for the squad to come by and admonish you for criticizing their beloved country.

Or we could just admonish the post for all the off topic references that really have no place here.

What references are off topic? Did we get played? Are the Raiders and a Steelers just fools? Are the Patriots saintly geniuses?

The NFL is either a Hollywood movie/WWE, or it is the NFL that has real games and real results for real cities, and the organizations, players, and agents generally abide by the rules and procedures of the league in a civilized fashion.

Or are we all getting played by shit behavior at many levels, which is par for the course in this country over the last decade? I am pretty sure that is what Rice, Dungy, and Harrison have been driving at.

Watching the Steelers should be a way to avoid these type of topics, but unfortunately it is not! The shit behavior is creeping in and ruining a major opiate of the people.....sport!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:59 pm 

Quote:
What references are off topic?

Wealth gap
Underfunded retirement causing anxiety
Corporate greed & gluttony
Chinese fetanyl
Corporate mechanisms capturing money from people at the bottom
Fraud & corruption in our country

We all know we got played like a cheap fiddle. We all know now AB perpetrated a fraud on us and the Raiders. Shouldn’t really be allowed to happen but it did.

I’m sure you can discuss/debate the topic on its own merit without all the rest.

Just sayin...

Last edited by 955876 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:06 pm 

Once it became obvious that AB orchestrated his way out of Oakland dragging the NFL through the mud and purposively harming a franchise that was innocent in the matter, the NFL needs to suspend AB.

I bet there was collusion but hard to prove. What they should do is suspend Brown indefinitely, and then cut a deal if he can provide evidence that proves collusion. If he can do that, then you strip NE of the entire next draft class, make Brown a FA with a 2 week suspension, and give the draft class to Oakland. You then also strip NE of the next year's 1st and 2nd, and give that to Pittsburgh.

Basically bring the hammer down on them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Once it became obvious that AB orchestrated his way out of Oakland dragging the NFL through the mud and purposively harming a franchise that was innocent in the matter, the NFL needs to suspend AB.

I bet there was collusion but hard to prove. What they should do is suspend Brown indefinitely, and then cut a deal if he can provide evidence that proves collusion. If he can do that, then you strip NE of the entire next draft class, make Brown a FA with a 2 week suspension, and give the draft class to Oakland. You then also strip NE of the next year's 1st and 2nd, and give that to Pittsburgh.

:lol: :lol:

I love it but Kraft won’t even get the stink eye look from Goodell.

You are right that something should be done here. Just sucks nothing will.

AB didn’t didn’t just get traded to Oakland, he signed a freaking contract with them. One he never intended to honor.

Hopefully Oakland pursues this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:42 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:

What references are off topic? Did we get played? Are the Raiders and a Steelers just fools? Are the Patriots saintly geniuses?

The NFL is either a Hollywood movie/WWE, or it is the NFL that has real games and real results for real cities, and the organizations, players, and agents generally abide by the rules and procedures of the league in a civilized fashion.

Or are we all getting played by shit behavior at many levels, which is par for the course in this country over the last decade? I am pretty sure that is what Rice, Dungy, and Harrison have been driving at.

Watching the Steelers should be a way to avoid these type of topics, but unfortunately it is not! The shit behavior is creeping in and ruining a major opiate of the people.....sport!
Nice. I endorse this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:42 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:

I also endorse this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:43 pm 

It was a good post.

His other, not so much...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:06 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:

the league's silence in the matter so far tells me they got their talking points from Booby toucher Kraft. This whole thing was an orchestrated scam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:15 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

the league's silence in the matter so far tells me they got their talking points from Booby toucher Kraft. This whole thing was an orchestrated scam

I agree 100%......couple seconds later....I agree 1000%!