It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Edmunds had me disgusted last night
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:30 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
I agree with Franco. Tomlin drafted the person not the player. THAT my friends has to stop.

Anyway, lot of resources being given to the defense with at best mixed results

Tombert has IMO hit on early picks Heyward, Tuitt, and even a 3rd rounder in Hargrave.

Watt a definite rd 1 hit, but he runs too hot and cold for my liking.
Bud a rd 1 bust

Sean Davis rd 2and the before mentioned Edmunds rd 1 make for the worst safety duo I can recall going back to the strike year of Cornell Gowdy etc. Absolute waste of two invaluable early draft picks

Artie Burns. Now I’m just upsetting myself.

Pricey Free agent Mark Barron has impressed me not. Him pointing hysterically at James White motioning across the formation was brutal to watch. Chase him ya barrel of monkey nuts!

Lot of draft capital given up to acquire Bush who is scUM but I hope pans out.

Pet players with zero upside such as Dirty Red and Chickillo are also crippling this team. This too must be stopped.

Since he’s obviously not getting fired somebody at least needs to lock Tomlin out of the draft room.

P.S. I still don’t have any idea how Keith Butler still has a job.

U Gilbert and Skipper should be ahead of Red and Chick on any football depth chart.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:47 am 

KC wrote:
I'll say it again.

We'll take 2 safeties in our first 4 picks next April.

I also seriously wouldn't doubt this is Ben's last year.

He's fat, he looked fairly uninterested last night.

I'm sure he'll deliver a few moments of greatness this year but it ain't gonna be enough.

I noticed this too, very disheartening after all this "found my love for football again" horseshit during camp.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:55 am 

KCSteeler wrote:
KC wrote:
I'll say it again.

We'll take 2 safeties in our first 4 picks next April.

I also seriously wouldn't doubt this is Ben's last year.

He's fat, he looked fairly uninterested last night.

I'm sure he'll deliver a few moments of greatness this year but it ain't gonna be enough.

I noticed this too, very disheartening after all this "found my love for football again" horseshit during camp.

I saw a picture of Ben at the beginning of camp and could not believe how thin he looked then. Now he looks like he has been on the angel food cake diet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:31 am 

Quote:
Artie Burns. Now I’m just upsetting myself.

He’s so far off the radar I actually forgot about this additional defensive first rounder that is giving us nothing...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:10 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
TB wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
I said to my brother last night, Edmunds is getting into Jervis Jones type bust territory. That’s how atrocious he looked last night. Not the only guy, but he’s a first round pick.

TB has been beating the Edmunds sucks drum since the day the guy walked to the podium. Not good.

I just didn't see it with him.

He's football dumb. When you think of how instinctual and timely Polamalu was, Edmunds is a direct opposite of that. His movements are awkward, he can't anticipate and see how a play is going to develop, or diagnose what is happening in front of him to make the right move until it's too late. He's a totally reactionary player. That's why he's more often than not always going to be a step or two late, which consistently gets you beat in the NFL.

I thought he was a fifth round talent. He looked better this preseason, but I wouldn't say he's making a positive impact out there. Definitely didn't last night.

That's exactly what I see, just a bumbling awkward movement. Like a HS kid who grows really fast and can't coordinate his body how he wants it.

Said last year ... I was shocked how stiff and awkward he was

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:51 am 

Edmunds was pretty bad sure. Not as bad as this waste of space fucktard....

"Donte Moncrief is the first Steelers WR to have fewer than 10 yards on 10+ targets. He's the first WR in the NFL since 2014 to do that. Stats of the weird."

An absolute FAILURE! Just a horrific first game that kept featuring him for some unknown reason. A bad investment FA. Now we know why the Colts allowed this limas sweed impersonator to leave. Switzer wasn't much better. :?