It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:10 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Yeah, in Ben era... Indy MNF game of 2005. Philly game of 2008. Ravens opening day 35-7. Choose any Pats game in NE with Brady playing. Those are the ones I think of off the top of my head. The Mt. Rushmore of painful, listless losses.

I actually think that one vs Philly hurt the worst, given where I live and work, as well as the sheer tidal wave of suck, which was objectively worse than last night. I basically tossed the Ward jersey in the closet and gave up. We won the Super Bowl.

Last night was rough, but I think it's not as bad as overreaction Monday would have us think. Gonna need to pull it together and get a few of these next five wins, but man, it's Week One. One game down to the Raisins in the division, but everyone else lost. Sky hasn't fallen yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:19 pm 

Well all I can say is Steelers have a must win (emotionally) against the Seahawks. For the players and the fan base.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:21 pm 

Quote:
But I guess maybe Art II and Ben are happy with being the bronze medalist.

Bronze medalists are at least a playoff team.

These two seem happy to not have a losing season.

Tomlin catches a fair amount of hell from me.

Benji is next if he doesn’t step it the fuck up.

If you can come out flat and unprepared against the Dynastic Patriots on prime time television to open a season then that level of unpreparedness can and will tear its ugly head against anyone.

We’ve seen it. Shit like losing to a Bears team that only passed for 93 yards all game because the team was wrapped up in anthem controversy.

Soooo done with Tomlin and getting real close to being done with Ben as it seems he is more content with having an enabler if his laziness than leading this team.

Fuck then both at this point.

Last edited by 955876 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
Well all I can say is Steelers have a must win (emotionally) against the Seahawks. For the players and the fan base.

Ah, I see you have also mastered the art of the overstatement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:23 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:

I'll buy that. It would be a huge win.

And SteelyourFace, feel free to be jealous of the avatar. A nice t-shirt version is available from phunkythreads.com.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:29 pm 

Can’t verify but if so, here is the head coach of YOUR Pittsburgh Steelers;

https://mobile.twitter.com/BPhillips_SB/status/1170882445002051586?s=20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:40 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Seeing Ben trapped in a nightmare of playing lackluster football is my version of hell. I’m sure it is for Ben, too. Why does it happen some days? Why does it happen almost every game in NE? Why didn’t it happen when Steelers were in NE, facing Belichick... but without Brady? The offense was great that day.

I swear Kraft threatens us with Murder, Inc. hit men.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:58 pm 

Btw, did Ben even pa once last night?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:03 pm 

Great article B2B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 pm 

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Btw, did Ben even pa once last night?

I think I remember once? But it’s insane how absent the PA is now from our passing game. It’s been like this for a long time. Don’t we have the second best offensive line in the league?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:36 pm 

Watching Drew Brees play QB, I think Ben needs to lose weight and improve his footwork. Ben looked SLUGGISH last night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:39 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Watching Drew Brees play QB, I think Ben needs to lose weight and improve his footwork. Ben looked SLUGGISH last night.

But during camp and preseason, most were saying (and I'm talking media types and folks sifting through video on here) that he looked sharp and in shape. Now multiple folks think he's fat and sluggish.

Great article, btw, B2B.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:13 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
Excellent read B2B.
And thanks for edifying many of us on the dying words of the Comtesse de Vercellis - as dutifully recorded by the young philosopher Rousseau :-)

She should be the patron saint of this team— a dying lady’s fart fits this offense well.
That reminds me of Helen. You don't know Helen, but she was my landlord a long while back, and was an older hungarian woman that wore babushkas. And a huge wart on her nose. She would mop up the floors and stairs in the building. I remember her fondly, but she wasn't exactly the most refined human being in the world. She lived next door to me and I saw her frequently. At one point, I was having a conversation with her in the lobby, and she let out the longest, wetest sounding fart you could imagine, and kept talking like nothing happened.

She died of anal cancer. Seriously. What a fucking way to go. Must've been horrendous.

I may be stupid, but i honestly didnt know there actually was anal cancer, or at least i have never heard of anyone getting it. That absolutely sounds horrific.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:02 pm 

TB wrote:
Good stuff, B2B.

Why is Randy Fitchner so damn worried about treating the football like a hot potato for Ben? "OMG GET IT OUT NOW GET IT OUT TO SWITZER HURRY!" That basically seemed like our offense in the first half. It's just gutless. Where was Vance? Jaylen Samuels rolled them up last year, and he seemed like an afterthought. No play-action. No creativity. It honest to God looked like a preseason script. So scared.

We've seen some embarrassments over the years, but that honestly might be the worst of the Ben era. Completely listless. Awful body language from everyone. We couldn't even manage a drive in garbage time. Awful execution, awful situational football, awful coaching, awful play calling.

The only positive I can think of is that ultimately 0-1 is 0-1, and that's a game I had marked down as a loss before the season. Losing by a point in a shootout is just the same as getting annihilated like we did last night in the only area it counts. But other than that, I'm completely deflated until these assholes give me a reason to think otherwise.

Actually, getting embarrassed on national tv might be better in the long run than losing in a nail biter. Might force the coaches to re-evaluate some of the personnel decisions they made and actually make some changes, especially in the WR depth chart.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 am 

Stillthere, thanks for posting that YouTube Steelers-Pats analysis video.

I never saw or heard of that guy before. But he’s a Steelers fan, he knows football, he’s played football, and he’s very astute in his analysis of the game. His fast talk style works. I see he’s posted other Steelers related videos. Cool.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 am 

Yeah he is pretty good gets his jokes in while still talking about real analysis.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:23 am 

With the Raiders winning I put the Steelers are the 3rd worst team this week.

1. Dolphins
2. Bears
3. Steelers

Welcome to hell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:45 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
With the Raiders winning I put the Steelers are the 3rd worst team this week.

1. Dolphins
2. Bears
3. Steelers

Welcome to hell.

Orange, at least the Bears D showed up. I would say we're a step above the Dolphins and that's not saying much.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 am 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Actually, getting embarrassed on national tv might be better in the long run than losing in a nail biter. Might force the coaches to re-evaluate some of the personnel decisions they made and actually make some changes, especially in the WR depth chart.

:lol:

Bless you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 am 

SteelyourFace wrote:
we will have to agree to disagree about the defense. The Steelers used in man coverage effectively last year in Pittsburgh. The patriots expected to get a heavy dose of man coverage last night. The Steelers gave the patriots exactly what they expected. A heavy dose of man coverage. What did New England do? Did they run the same plays they ran last season in Pittsburgh? No. They called plays specifically designed to beat man coverage. Did Keith "the dunce" Butler mix it up? No, not really and certainly not enough. The patriots planned for a cut and paste approach and they got it.

I do not even think the individual defenders played poorly. I think the coaches put the players at a disadvantage in the patriots took every advantage. Do you think the patriots coaching staff laughed their asses off for about an hour after the game? I do.

They did. We've been screaming at the top of our collective lungs for years for that type of defense. It did work. It didn't this time. The Patriots own this team because as B2B put it. The Steelers are at their weakest at the start of the season. Still playing in that preseason vanilla mindset. Ben never really plays and takes a few games to find his groove. As was witnessed Sunday night Ben was way off and we'll call it rusted in addition to the "stale/lack luster" game planning which all contributed to the mortifying yet deserving loss.
You simply can not go into a gun fight in Foxboro with an unloaded weapon. You have to expect the Patriots will have every advantage and some new generated ones you haven't encountered yet. The Steelers as per their standard entered that game with a tentative mindset. Their hesitant play, Ben's rust and the same shit game plan from a season ago was exactly what the Patriots are accustomed to. IMHO, the Steelers lost that game before the first kick off. I had hoped for something different but was quickly reminded that the Steelers simply have no place being mentioned in the same sentence as the Patriots unless the context is about being OWNED.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:38 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
SteelyourFace wrote:
we will have to agree to disagree about the defense. The Steelers used in man coverage effectively last year in Pittsburgh. The patriots expected to get a heavy dose of man coverage last night. The Steelers gave the patriots exactly what they expected. A heavy dose of man coverage. What did New England do? Did they run the same plays they ran last season in Pittsburgh? No. They called plays specifically designed to beat man coverage. Did Keith "the dunce" Butler mix it up? No, not really and certainly not enough. The patriots planned for a cut and paste approach and they got it.

I do not even think the individual defenders played poorly. I think the coaches put the players at a disadvantage in the patriots took every advantage. Do you think the patriots coaching staff laughed their asses off for about an hour after the game? I do.

They did. We've been screaming at the top of our collective lungs for years for that type of defense. It did work. It didn't this time. The Patriots own this team because as B2B put it. The Steelers are at their weakest at the start of the season. Still playing in that preseason vanilla mindset. Ben never really plays and takes a few games to find his groove. As was witnessed Sunday night Ben was way off and we'll call it rusted in addition to the "stale/lack luster" game planning which all contributed to the mortifying yet deserving loss.
You simply can not go into a gun fight in Foxboro with an unloaded weapon. You have to expect the Patriots will have every advantage and some new generated ones you haven't encountered yet. The Steelers as per their standard entered that game with a tentative mindset. Their hesitant play, Ben's rust and the same shit game plan from a season ago was exactly what the Patriots are accustomed to. IMHO, the Steelers lost that game before the first kick off. I had hoped for something different but was quickly reminded that the Steelers simply have no place being mentioned in the same sentence as the Patriots unless the context is about being OWNED.

I always feel like Steelers v Pats is a game of rope-a-dope. BB always has a strategy, its always a little bit different than the last time, and it always works. Anyone notice how the pats came out running the ball on the first drive? I felt like I was watching Apollo Creed vs Ivan Drago in Rocky 4. (HINT: We were Creed). Like they were probing us.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am 

It's not unusual in the Tomlin era for us to plant some early season turd games. I'm not terribly concerned yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 am 

The early season turd games predate Tomlin, and I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:49 am 

Fitchner was too focused on getting 1st downs, not enough emphasis on chunks of yardage.

We are never going to dink and dunk our way to a Lombardi with Ben at the helm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next