It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 1120
alhill wrote:
It's not unusual in the Tomlin era for us to plant some early season turd games. I'm not terribly concerned yet.

so at what point do you get concerned?

When they falter and fall apart after midway through the season and end up missing the playoffs?

Or, maybe when they rally together to overcome a "slow start" to the season and back their way into the playoffs...
...only to go one-and-done at home to an inferior team in a grossly unprepared "Tomlin Embarrassment" fashion...

:roll:

C'mon, man!
At what point does this shit get old for you?!

...because I have been way past that point for several years now...

My Steelers have been dead cowboys in Tomlin's Indian movie way too many times, and I'm beyond sick of it...

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2550
Location: Houston, TX
Orangesteel wrote:
SteelyourFace wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think the copy and paste part of the argument is fair, especially on offense. I think that’s exactly what they did, which is criminal.


I would not write that if I did not believe it. I believe it. And I think "criminal" is an apt description of the Steelers offensive and defensive game plans.

Mikey T is always preaching about situational football. Oh how the irony burns


He doesn’t know what situational football is. Kicking a FG down 20-0 to start the 3rd Quarter on the road against the Pats from the 1 yard line?

After multiple teams yesterday came back and won down 2 scores.

Situational football?

You can’t make this shit up.


I am thinking Shituational Football is a more apt description

_________________
"We aren't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the irony in that."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2550
Location: Houston, TX
COR-TEN wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Being a "good read" and "entertaining" or "quality writing" is YOUR opinion, not gospel. People can have differing opinions or at least they can as of today, thankfully.
I know you didn't completely ignore the content, but I was exaggerating to make a point. You saw what you wanted to see, and focused on his style. Give the guy a break. He took the time to try and make it more than just dry analysis. Swiss does that all the time and people seem to like it. But you commented and mocked it twice. But wtf do I care. Carry on. . .


This.

Try it sometime. Writing a piece takes a lot of focus and effort to keep it interesting beyond antiseptic facts. If you stop and think about some of the better written and entertaining sports stuff you have read (and Swiss is a great example of this) you will see there is engaging stuff which isn't part of the facts. A lot of what helps the content is color, alliteration, satire, metaphor, anecdotes (Swiss) or other techniques.

_________________
"We aren't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the irony in that."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5985
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Slobber, that's a great sig.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15548
Beginning to think the win in Pittsburgh last season was an anomaly. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 25089
Steelafan77 wrote:
Beginning to think the win in Pittsburgh last season was an anomaly. :oops:


Well- considering they have only beaten the Patriots with Brady as QB twice...ever?

Yes...it's an anomaly.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 8477
Jeemie wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Beginning to think the win in Pittsburgh last season was an anomaly. :oops:


Well- considering they have only beaten the Patriots with Brady as QB twice...ever?

Yes...it's an anomaly.

Actually three, but who’s counting?

_________________
“I have a bad feeling about this!”-Han Solo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 7022
Location: Rhode Island (behind enemy lines)
Jobus Rum wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Beginning to think the win in Pittsburgh last season was an anomaly. :oops:


Well- considering they have only beaten the Patriots with Brady as QB twice...ever?

Yes...it's an anomaly.

Actually three, but who’s counting?


Correct 2004, 2011 and 2018. All at Heinz Field. Ben won once at Foxboro in 2008 but Matt Cassell was the Pats QB at the time.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5285
JackLambert58 wrote:
Correct 2004, 2011 and 2018. All at Heinz Field. Ben won once at Foxboro in 2008 but Matt Cassell was the Pats QB at the time.


Anyone notice a pattern?

We beat them once every 7 years

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 1119
Donnie Brasco wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
Correct 2004, 2011 and 2018. All at Heinz Field. Ben won once at Foxboro in 2008 but Matt Cassell was the Pats QB at the time.


Anyone notice a pattern?

We beat them once every 7 years


So in 2025 when Brady is still playing at 48 you think we'll beat them again? Ben will only be 44...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5285
Baltostiller wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
Correct 2004, 2011 and 2018. All at Heinz Field. Ben won once at Foxboro in 2008 but Matt Cassell was the Pats QB at the time.


Anyone notice a pattern?

We beat them once every 7 years


So in 2025 when Brady is still playing at 48 you think we'll beat them again? Ben will only be 44...


I'm looking forward to geriatric Belicheck on the sidelines myself

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 1119
Anyone notice a pattern?

We beat them once every 7 years[/quote]

So in 2025 when Brady is still playing at 48 you think we'll beat them again? Ben will only be 44...[/quote]

I'm looking forward to geriatric Belicheck on the sidelines myself[/quote]

I just hope Ernie Adams is out gardening by then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15548
Donnie Brasco wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
Correct 2004, 2011 and 2018. All at Heinz Field. Ben won once at Foxboro in 2008 but Matt Cassell was the Pats QB at the time.


Anyone notice a pattern?

We beat them once every 7 years

Lucky Number 7. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 13531
Ben looked and played like shit.

Seeing a lot of references out there amongst other message boards to Ben being fat.

Can't disagree at all.

I seriously think this is his last year.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:26 pm
Posts: 193
KC wrote:
Ben looked and played like shit.

.


Mightve thrown 5 bad passes. The INT wasnt one of them. I dont think he threw any away. Out of 47 attempts

The idea floating around that he played a bad game isnt even close to correct.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2548
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
KC wrote:
Ben looked and played like shit.

.


Mightve thrown 5 bad passes. The INT wasnt one of them. I dont think he threw any away. Out of 47 attempts

The idea floating around that he played a bad game isnt even close to correct.


Hate to agree with STD, but Ben wasn't bad. Wasn't great. But was wayyyy towards the bottom of the Steelers' list of issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:26 pm
Posts: 193
btw :lol: Its SDT. Steeler Day Trader. Not STD :lol:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5458
You need far better that "not that bad" when going against the Patriots. He sure as hell wasn't "on fire" though.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:26 pm
Posts: 193
Obviously wrote:
You need far better that "not that bad" when going against the Patriots. He sure as hell wasn't "on fire" though.



Except he was in fact ON FIRE. He MIGHTVE thrown 5 bad passes all night. In 47 attempts. I only saw ONE pass that MIGHTVE been a throwaway as well. Brady had as many bad throws as Ben in less attempts.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5458
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Being a "good read" and "entertaining" or "quality writing" is YOUR opinion, not gospel. People can have differing opinions or at least they can as of today, thankfully.
I know you didn't completely ignore the content, but I was exaggerating to make a point. You saw what you wanted to see, and focused on his style. Give the guy a break. He took the time to try and make it more than just dry analysis. Swiss does that all the time and people seem to like it. But you commented and mocked it twice. But wtf do I care. Carry on. . .


This.

Try it sometime. Writing a piece takes a lot of focus and effort to keep it interesting beyond antiseptic facts. If you stop and think about some of the better written and entertaining sports stuff you have read (and Swiss is a great example of this) you will see there is engaging stuff which isn't part of the facts. A lot of what helps the content is color, alliteration, satire, metaphor, anecdotes (Swiss) or other techniques.


So if you're not an expert at something, you've got no business being a critic? Okay, let's just take this board down. I know fuck all about how to play wide receiver, but I know Moncrief was dogshit the other night.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5458
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Obviously wrote:
You need far better that "not that bad" when going against the Patriots. He sure as hell wasn't "on fire" though.



Except he was in fact ON FIRE. He MIGHTVE thrown 5 bad passes all night. In 47 attempts. I only saw ONE pass that MIGHTVE been a throwaway as well. Brady had as many bad throws as Ben in less attempts.


Ben's offense scored piss all. Don't you think if you're ON FIRE that you'd score at least one TD? Stop embarrassing yourself.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:12 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 11332
Obviously wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Obviously wrote:
You need far better that "not that bad" when going against the Patriots. He sure as hell wasn't "on fire" though.



Except he was in fact ON FIRE. He MIGHTVE thrown 5 bad passes all night. In 47 attempts. I only saw ONE pass that MIGHTVE been a throwaway as well. Brady had as many bad throws as Ben in less attempts.


Ben's offense scored piss all. Don't you think if you're ON FIRE that you'd score at least one TD? Stop embarrassing yourself.



steeler day trader might be ben in alias on board! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5458
Ben has more brains in his left pinky toe than in all the 376 pounds of STD. Blizzard Thompson or Arnie Herber anyone?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bam morris, BethlehemSteel, Google [Bot], jewelsongs, TB and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group