It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:30 pm 

Usually, they conduct the autopsy after death but last night it started with removing the vital organs from the very beginning.

Oh, I'm sure when they weighed the brain they'd pulled out it was all very interesting, but the only weight that really matters is the 21 grams that separate the living from the dead. Apparently, that's the measured difference in weight of a human before and after they leave this mortal coil, and without getting into ideal gas law and PSI, suffice to say the Steelers uttered the famous last words of Pistol Pete Maravich who, just before collapsing during a pickup game said, "I feel great!"

In the immortal last words of Ben Franklin, "A dying man can do nothing easy." and that about sums up the Steelers many trials and tribulations trying to win in Foxboro. The problem is so engrained and goes back so far that it's almost impossible to unravel. I think the biggest problem is our expectations. We feel exactly the way most of the NFL has felt for years when coming to PIttsburgh. It seems like the Steelers get every break and get every call. Those cheaters! Sometimes, they're just better than you. If the Steelers and Patriots played 10 games with no coaches and no preparation over the week... how many do you think Pittsburgh would win? Everyone thinks I'm a homer, right? I'd say no more than 3. Maybe with the coaches, the Steelers win 2. So, coaching may contribute, but it's mainly jimmies and joes.

The Steelers' defense added players to combat and match up with the Pats. They played man, they tried running around picks, they tried running through picks, they even tried anticipating to get a pick. They have 1st or 2nd round picks at 8 positions who got dominated by lesser-known but better performing supposed journeymen, led by their all-time-great 6th round QB (and soon to add their 6th round WR). The coaches tried everything last night and none of it made a dent. Oh, it might work for a series or a couple of plays but then NE countered and it required yet another adjustment that barely worked. You can knock the personnel and the coaching, but I'm not sure what else they were supposed to try last night. There was a lot of talk on the broadcast about how TJ Watt was double-teamed all night, which somewhat explains his disappearance, but what of Cam Heyward? Tuitt and Dupree were quiet as well, but at least they made a couple of plays here and there. Cam Heyward is really, really good... how can he be so completely taken away in a game where the other team has two very inexperienced starters and they're also dedicating an extra blocker to Watt on every play? Maybe, like about-to-face-a-firing-squad murderer James W. Rodgers they should have used their final request to ask, “Bring me a bullet-proof vest.”

And, leave it to the Steelers on opening night to put the offensive back in offensive football. They played like the Comtesse de Vercellis who let one rip while she was dying and said, “Good. A woman who can fart is not dead.”, although the Pittsburgh performance was undoubtedly a less assertive outgassing than that of a dying Countess. Targeting Donte Moncrief and Ryan Switzer 16 times for 35 yards was almost enough to kill me. My last utterance would have paraphrased W.C Fields... “God damn the whole friggin’ world and everyone in it but you, Ben."

Speaking of Ben, he didn't force it and he tried to spread it around... but eventually, he looked like he always looks in NE: like he doesn't totally believe in his supporting cast. It had to be a complete nightmare for him. It wasn't really bad throws on his part that did them in, it was a lack of scheming to give him somebody to throw to who wasn't 1 yard past the LOS or not open deep. He definitely missed the throw to Holton... a guy I'll bet he's barely ever thrown to... but the other deep misses were thrown early because someone up front got blown by like one of the robot blocking dummies and the receiver wasn't open. Could Ben have forced some other throws to the intermediate range? Were there open receivers that he ignored or missed? I didn't see much. JuJu had better than average success vs Gilmore but was often covered up. Moncrief was a waive-me-now disaster. Switzer can't get open more than a couple of yards downfield and can't get any YAC. Johnson barely played but looked worthy. And Washington played even less and was seemingly only tasked with running deep routes. And running out of bounds for no reason. Where was Vance McDonald? Did Xavier Grimble even play? Roosevelt Nix? Where was the cool stuff for an emerging Jalen Samuels? Again, 16 targets for Moncrief and Switzer.

Randy Fitchner was like a cross between the corpse of Todd Haley and the late great Johnny Ace, who died in 1954 while playing with a pistol during a break in his concert set. His last words were, “I’ll show you that it won’t shoot.”

In his defense, I will say you can't call anything when your All-NFL OL is getting tooled as bad as in any game I can remember since they've been together. And not the new guy either. Alejandro Villanueva had a night to forget. he got blown onto his backside by John Simon, whipped by Chase Winovich, generally pushed around and beaten by what felt like a whole gang of guys Just Doing Their Jobs. The lack of TE blocking took away their favorite counter plays and the vulnerability of their IOL made running at them a crapshoot. So they ran wide and got obliterated.

As for coaching, I'll quote a dying Steve Jobs, "Wow. Wow. Wow." The plan on offense notwithstanding, the gameplan wasn't hideous and the adjustments were valiant on defense... but this game was terminal before it started because of the choices for playing time and targets. The lineup and plans couldn't be more stale on offense. The backups who should be used to generate some fresh energy and get things going are sitting on the sidelines or practice squad, while ST core stalwarts get quality snaps. If last night proved anything, it's that the young talent needs to play more. Bush, Sutton, Hargrave, Ola, Skipper, Johnson, Washington. I honestly don't need to see a whole lot more of Donte Coates Wheaton Justin Brown Hunter Sweed. I don't think Ben does either.

Wherefore art thou, Randy Fitchner of last year? You know, the innovative guy who got the pieces moving and created great looks in the red zone and on 3rd down? Why such scaredy-cat playcalling? Why is every Steelers offensive coach and head coach of the last 27 years so afraid to loudly fail, even if it;'s the best chance to win? Maybe we need to hire that dying French heiress to make coaching decisions.

Speaking of fear of trying because it might mean failing... last night was a perfect storm for you Tomin haters. It was a (not quite) living embodiment of the worst traits you all think he has all the time. Go ahead and gloat, #FireTomin, you've earned it!

The choice to kick a FG that still leaves you down three scores is ridiculous on its face. Maybe... maybe if it's late in Q2 and you feel like you got some bad breaks and just need some point to get things started I can at least see where you're coming from, but in last night's game? In that situation? Just GTFOH with that white flag.

However, the choice to not go for it on 4th and 3 inches was much, much worse. Your team is playing the World Champs, in their house where you never, ever do anything but Costanza. You have a huge QB and a solid OL (well, usually solid)... c'mon, man. What's the downside? The Pats score more quickly rather than bleeding you dry with a living autopsy?

In brief, the Steelers looked dead on their feet and played like they'd been embalmed in warmups. The only good thing I have to say is that there is no way they'll look this bad next week. They'll correct course like an oil tanker under full load, but they will correct course with personnel and playcalling. They might never win again in Foxboro, but chances are we'll be watching them in week 5 or 6 and collectively think, "How could this team I'm watching dismantle this opponent possibly have played so poorly in week 1?" Some of it is NE is that good and some of it is the Steelers were that bad and some of it is coaching and some it is the QB and some of it is the surrounding cast and some of it is the secondary and some is the pass rush and some is the, well, everything.

I just hope I live long enough to avoid being the Steelers' fan version of physicist Richard Feynman, who exited with the line, "This dying is boring as hell."

Post subject: Re: Steelers at Patriots: Famous Last Words
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:36 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
If the Steelers and Patriots played 10 games with no coaches and no preparation over the week... how many do you think Pittsburgh would win? Everyone thinks I'm a homer, right? I'd say no more than 3. Maybe with the coaches, the Steelers win 2.

That is not a typo. They win 3 games without coaches, 2 games with coaches.

Proven - Tomlin is bad at game management.
Given - 31 other teams would have fired Tomlin long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm 

I was going to count up all your quotes and references including the NCIS photo, but I lost count at about 20.

Basically, you're absolving the two greatest contributors to last night's latest debacle in Foxboro - Tomlin and Ben -who just happen to be your guys and two of the sacred fucking cows Swiss has mentioned. It's not Tomlin and staff, it's the jimmies and joes, but wait, Ben is either a jimmy or a joe, but I don't mean him. Really?

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm 

Bravo. Bravo. Bravo. Great read there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:47 pm 

Obviously wrote:
I was going to count up all your quotes and references including the NCIS photo, but I lost count at about 20.

Basically, you're absolving the two greatest contributors to last night's latest debacle in Foxboro - Tomlin and Ben -who just happen to be your guys and two of the sacred fucking cows Swiss has mentioned. It's not Tomlin and staff, it's the jimmies and joes, but wait, Ben is either a jimmy or a joe, but I don't mean him. Really?

Did you read the article? I’m asking seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:49 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Bravo. Bravo. Bravo. Great read there.
Seconded.

Quote:
Some of it is NE is that good and some of it is the Steelers were that bad and some of it is coaching and some it is the QB and some of it is the surrounding cast and some of it is the secondary and some is the pass rush and some is the, well, everything.
I liked this especially. It's what makes football so interesting. Many, many, moving parts. Sometimes you can blame a few, but generally, it's always a combination of a number of factors that determine both wins and losses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:52 pm 

Seeing Ben trapped in a nightmare of playing lackluster football is my version of hell. I’m sure it is for Ben, too. Why does it happen some days? Why does it happen almost every game in NE? Why didn’t it happen when Steelers were in NE, facing Belichick... but without Brady? The offense was great that day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:56 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

It was difficult given the fact you referenced - Johnny Ace, Pistol Pete, Benjamin Franklin, James W. Rodgers, Comtesse de Vercellis among others. Holy mackerel, what the fuck are you even trying to say? There's nothing to have gleaned out of last night's fiasco other than the team was totally fucking unprepared ONCE AGAIN to play Belichick's Patriots in Foxboro.

The poster who made reference to shit on a shoe was more spot on.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:58 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Seeing Ben trapped in a nightmare of playing lackluster football is my version of hell. I’m sure it is for Ben, too. Why does it happen some days? Why does it happen almost every game in NE? Why didn’t it happen when Steelers were in NE, facing Belichick... but without Brady? The offense was great that day.

BEN PLAYED A HUGE PART IN PLAYING LACKLUSTER FOOTBALL!! Why can't you admit that? I'm thinking we both saw the same game, didn't we?

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I was thinking about this too. Just seeing the periodic sideline shot of Ben last night really makes me wonder what he thinks about the current roster, the coaches, their game planning, etc. The whole damn thing last night was a disaster. Why did Villanueva look so bad? Why did Pouncey look so slow? Why did McDonald see one throw? Why did Tuitt appear for 2 defensive drives, then after that I literally couldn’t tell you if he or Heyward were even on the field.

It’s Week 1 but that was as bad as that could have gone. I dont think Tomlin is a leader. If Ben isn’t going to step up then I’m going to start beating the “lack of leadership” drum early and often this year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:02 pm 

Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

It was difficult given the fact you referenced - Johnny Ace, Pistol Pete, Benjamin Franklin, James W. Rodgers, Comtesse de Vercellis among others. Holy mackerel, what the fuck are you even trying to say? There's nothing to have gleaned out of last night's fiasco other than the team was totally fucking unprepared ONCE AGAIN to play Belichick's Patriots in Foxboro.

Stop being an asshole dude. Or leave.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:09 pm 

Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:

The shit on a shoe reference was the best thing said on this esteemed website in quite some time.

B2B....agree with one thing, vastly disagree on others:
*Yes...down 10-0, 2nd quarter, 4th & an inch at midfield against these fucks, you've got to go for it.

*JuJu...I'll take a look back....I think most of his production came with the game well out of hand, with the Pats just making sure they weren't beat deep. He had what...like two catches in the first half.

*There's no fuckin' gloating, B2B...just because we basically say, I told you so. SBI > Right. As true now as it's ever been. The more compelling issue for this esteemed website, is when are you, universally acknowledged as the Savior of the site, going to come to the realization that the Head Coach is a fuckin' idiot....a gameday dumbfuck, under who's leadership, this team will never, everrrrrrr win another Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:10 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

Stop being an asshole dude. Or leave.

Oh, you're a moderator? Didn't realize that. But given the level of enforcement of rules here at Steelerfury has risen recently, and you just attacked me with an insult, I'm guessing that's a warning for you.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:13 pm 

I’ll also add that was a terrible way to tribute the late coach Drake. I was excited to see whether the loss of their coach would inspire the WR corps. It didn’t. At all. Washington voluntarily running out of bounds is a fucking embarrassment and without knowing much about coach Drake, I’m pretty sure he didn’t coach guys to run out of bounds like that. Damn shame.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:15 pm 

I know a copy and paste job when I see one and last night’s game plan was a copy and paste job. Pure and simple. They even ran the same damn plays that they ran last season. Did they really think they would fool the patriots twice in a row with the same crap? And, by the way, that applies to both sides of the ball. The use the same running plays on offense the work the last time and the use the same coverages on defense the work the last time. The only difference is they did not work this time. Stupid and lazy.

And how could the coaching staff not know that Moncrief would shit the bed? How could the coaches not know there are better and more established players on offense? I cannot believe Moncrief looked much better in practices. I simply cannot believe that.

How is it possible that Vance McDonald did not see a target until late in the 4th quarter?

How is it possible the Steelers featured receivers were Moncrief and Switzer? Switzer is King of the 3 yard gain. I would have understood if McDonald was featured and running backs were featured but not Switzer and Moncrief.

I do not know about you but I am sick of seeing long bombs on 3rd and manageable distance. 3rd and 4 and you take your shot with Johnny Holton? A guy who made the roster by the skin of his teeth. We need drives to keep the defense rested. I do not know what the expected completion percentages on that pass to Holton but I would be willing to bet it is below 25%. In other words, not a good bet. And it is not like Ben came out on fire zipping passes everywhere. To the contrary, he looked hesitant and rusty.
I have said it before and felt bad about it. But I will say it again and now I will not feel bad about it. This team will never win a championship with the current coaching staff. This was, obviously, a performance that fell below the line, if you will. I am sick of watching our halfwit coaching staff get outcoached. The other team was prepared. Our team was not prepared. The other team had a plan. Our team used the same plan just because it worked last time. To my untrained eye, is appears the patriots planned for the Steelers to reuse their same plan and boy were they right.
I do not even think the roster is bad. Give their coaches and off-season and training camp with all roster and I think the results would be vastly different. It appears Mike Tomlin has a life appointment as Steelers head coach. That is a shame. Hopefully his stupid ass will resign when big Ben calls it quits. The evidence is in. Tomlin is a mental midget compared with Bill Bellichick (sp?).

If we do not see a completely elevated level of preparedness next Sunday, the Steelers will get whipped in their home opener against Seattle. I watched a little of the Cincinnati Seattle game and Russell Wilson has a decent supporting cast and a strong running game. Russell Wilson looked sharp and, as much as I hate to say it, Andy Dalton looked much better than Ben.

Friendly advice. Do not get too emotionally involved in this team. This is a fringe playoff team at best. Meanwhile, the patriots will cruise to a 12 and 4 record through the shit sandwich known as the AFC East.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:18 pm 

SteelyourFace wrote:
I know a copy and paste job when I see one and last night’s game plan was a copy and paste job. Pure and simple. They even ran the same damn plays that they ran last season. Did they really think they would fool the patriots twice in a row with the same crap? And, by the way, that applies to both sides of the ball. The use the same running plays on offense the work the last time and the use the same coverages on defense the work the last time. The only difference is they did not work this time. Stupid and lazy.

And how could the coaching staff not know that Moncrief would shit the bed? How could the coaches not know there are better and more established players on offense? I cannot believe Moncrief looked much better in practices. I simply cannot believe that.

How is it possible that Vance McDonald did not see a target until late in the 4th quarter?

How is it possible the Steelers featured receivers were Moncrief and Switzer? Switzer is King of the 3 yard gain. I would have understood if McDonald was featured and running backs were featured but not Switzer and Moncrief.

I do not know about you but I am sick of seeing long bombs on 3rd and manageable distance. 3rd and 4 and you take your shot with Johnny Holton? A guy who made the roster by the skin of his teeth. We need drives to keep the defense rested. I do not know what the expected completion percentages on that pass to Holton but I would be willing to bet it is below 25%. In other words, not a good bet. And it is not like Ben came out on fire zipping passes everywhere. To the contrary, he looked hesitant and rusty.
I have said it before and felt bad about it. But I will say it again and now I will not feel bad about it. This team will never win a championship with the current coaching staff. This was, obviously, a performance that fell below the line, if you will. I am sick of watching our halfwit coaching staff get outcoached. The other team was prepared. Our team was not prepared. The other team had a plan. Our team used the same plan just because it worked last time. To my untrained eye, is appears the patriots planned for the Steelers to reuse their same plan and boy were they right.
I do not even think the roster is bad. Give their coaches and off-season and training camp with all roster and I think the results would be vastly different. It appears Mike Tomlin has a life appointment as Steelers head coach. That is a shame. Hopefully his stupid ass will resign when big Ben calls it quits. The evidence is in. Tomlin is a mental midget compared with Bill Bellichick (sp?).

If we do not see a completely elevated level of preparedness next Sunday, the Steelers will get whipped in their home opener against Seattle. I watched a little of the Cincinnati Seattle game and Russell Wilson has a decent supporting cast and a strong running game. Russell Wilson looked sharp and, as much as I hate to say it, Andy Dalton looked much better than Ben.

Friendly advice. Do not get too emotionally involved in this team. This is a fringe playoff team at best. Meanwhile, the patriots will cruise to a 12 and 4 record through the shit sandwich known as the AFC East.

You know, if you had only added about 25 references to the likes of Rasputin, Thomas Paine, Florence Nightingale, Herbert Henry Asquith and Sylvester the Cat, this analysis would have been above the line with B2B's, if you will.

Seriously though, I couldn't agree more with what you said.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:21 pm 

Thanks for taking the time to write this up B.
Well done.

I think BB can take average Jimmies and Joes and turn them into effective solid players.....
And that is the difference from training camp, pre-season, practice and preparation.
Quote:
dominated by lesser-known but better performing supposed journeymen

I would say that BB and MT could cross fields before the kick-off, change hats...........and the Patriots, with lesser-known, less talented players would look like shit, being coached by Tomlin.

Quote:
the gameplan wasn't hideous and the adjustments were valiant on defense... but this game was terminal before it started because of the choices for playing time and targets. The lineup and plans couldn't be more stale on offense.

Stale is an under statement.

I think it comes down to the PS consistently putting themselves in sub optimal sets, formations and play design at the wrong times...........
Prime example.
2nd and 3.
Steelers have a nice first down gain and put themselves into a 2nd and 3.

A huge advantage for the offense.
We turn a huge advantage into a disadvantage by going empty set 4/5 wide.
Why?
Mind boggling?
Why take a 2nd and 3, with the possibility of run or pass for the offense...............or more importantely
Why remove any guess work out of the mind of the defenders, the mind of the defensive coordinator.
Why eliminate the possibility of run from a defenders mind.
Why eliminate the possibility of PA pass out of 2nd and 3.

Its just mind boggling how this team continues to make defenses better...........with our own scheme, play design and play calling.
I'd say its just one small example.
But that is huge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:25 pm 

Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

BEN PLAYED A HUGE PART IN PLAYING LACKLUSTER FOOTBALL!! Why can't you admit that? I'm thinking we both saw the same game, didn't we?

The offense would have been alot better, more cohesive, more in sync........
If the extra time was put in preparing, practicing, playing, in game pre-season snaps, etc.............give all the new parts.
It did not happen. Its the standard.
Starts with Tomlin. Ben is his partner in crime.
Ben throwing deep bombs to Washington and Holton, when they did not play together in game during the preseason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 pm 

Maybe I'm wrong, but quick look has two catches by JuJu until it was 27-3.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:27 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up B.
Well done.

I think BB can take average Jimmies and Joes and turn them into effective solid players.....
And that is the difference from training camp, pre-season, practice and preparation.
Quote:
dominated by lesser-known but better performing supposed journeymen

I would say that BB and MT could cross fields before the kick-off, change hats...........and the Patriots, with lesser-known, less talented players would look like shit, being coached by Tomlin.

Quote:
the gameplan wasn't hideous and the adjustments were valiant on defense... but this game was terminal before it started because of the choices for playing time and targets. The lineup and plans couldn't be more stale on offense.

Stale is an under statement.

I think it comes down to the PS consistently putting themselves in sub optimal sets, formations and play design at the wrong times...........
Prime example.
2nd and 3.
Steelers have a nice first down gain and put themselves into a 2nd and 3.

A huge advantage for the offense.
We turn a huge advantage into a disadvantage by going empty set 4/5 wide.
Why?
Mind boggling?
Why take a 2nd and 3, with the possibility of run or pass for the offense...............or more importantely
Why remove any guess work out of the mind of the defenders, the mind of the defensive coordinator.
Why eliminate the possibility of run from a defenders mind.
Why eliminate the possibility of PA pass out of 2nd and 3.

Its just mind boggling how this team continues to make defenses better...........with our own scheme, play design and play calling.
I'd say its just one small example.
But that is huge.

Exactly right, Stosh....going empty on 3rd & 1, 2nd & 3, etc....no need for D to defend the run. WTF!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:28 pm 

That is exactly the kind of stupidity I am talking about. The offense gets into a good position 2nd and 3 but the offense squanders their position by going empty. 3rd and 4? No problem. Just chuck it deep to a fringe roster player in Johnny Holton in what was possibly the lowest percentage pass Ben could have thrown. That is textbook stupid. I am getting sick of watching it. It is like a slow motion highlight reel of a freight train accident playing over and over again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:34 pm 

Empty set works there because that RB gets to work in space one on one instead of fighting for every inch inside. The odds actually favor 5 wide in that intermeriate/short distance... but not every time. You have to mix in some PA. That plan had no flow and was seriously over protective.

Yes I think their coaching is far superior in a chess match... but I don’t think the Steelers defensive concepts are ere so bad last night. Didn’t get out of hand until the offense kept giving the hall right back to NE. I even think the adjustments they made were correct, but you can’t win against those fuckers. You can only hope to escape before they turn out the lights.

The overall state of mind; though—that was the same as it always is when they’re not believing. Maybe they all thought AB is irreplaceable and the performance of the offense solidified it for them.

They needed to take it to Tyson AND hope to land a lucky punch on a week when he’s not at his best. So we can all agree that buck stops at the HC’s doorstep.

Luckily, teams are not solely built in a camp and one week of football. NE has their established plan they know works, and everybody buys in. Steelers will figure out theirs and luckily won’t face any teams that good for a while. I don’t think all is lost but I’m also not looking forward to playing in Foxboro again until that guy’s arm falls off.

Seriously, though, they had a totally different mindset when Brady was not playing. Belichick has no magic against Ben and the offense that day? What was different? Same coaches, more or less.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:36 pm 

I think the copy and paste part of the argument is fair, especially on offense. I think that’s exactly what they did, which is criminal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:37 pm 

To be fair, earlier in the game there were some 3rd and short situations where they did run and failed to pick up the first down.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:39 pm 

Obviously wrote:
You know, if you had only added about 25 references to the likes of Rasputin, Thomas Paine, Florence Nightingale, Herbert Henry Asquith and Sylvester the Cat, this analysis would have been above the line with B2B's, if you will.
You know, you can criticize the content all you want. But why slam his writing style? Why mock and ridicule metaphor? What's the point? That's just being obnoxious and assholish. You may as well add that his avatar sucks as well.