It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: No AB...no problem!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:49 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
The Flautist:
JuJu was "NFL open" many times v Gilmore last night.

Ben was simply not ready to be firing passes into tight windows on a regular basis to him...and others. And he should have been, but we know how we treat preseason by now.

And Fichtner had nothing...nada...zip...in the way of scheming his guys open, and when he did...Moncrief, especially, shit the bed.

New England has what could be the best secondary in the NFL this year- they held the Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl...although Jared Goff is no star, do you think he suddenly forgot how to play on the biggest stage that night?

You guys think one game, which was essentially our fifth preseason game, against the best team defense in the NFL is going to define how our offense is going to be the rest of the season?

Then you've suddenly become football stupid.

Swissvale72:

The flautist from the Blue Band, the smug little fuck Jeemie, calling others football stupid; that's a good one. Football stupid is thinking the Pittsburgh Steelers can suffer the personnel losses they have, be coached by the same stupid fuck, and somehow come out the better for it.[/quote]

I notice you went straight to insults and didn't address what was actually said.

I suspect a study of the All 22 will.confirm that our receivers were not, in fact, as blanketed as people think they were.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:
Didnt it seem like last year Ben came in in better shape? Wasnt he on some diet last summer? I thought looked bloated again last night. Wasnt moving nearly as well as last years opener.

I'm thinking it might be prudent to usher in the Mason Rudolph era soon.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:05 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Seems as though I said repeatedly...."Losing a guy with this kind of production (AB) and being coached by the same dumb mother-fucker won't result in an improved football team."

Responses were..."We don't need him; we have JuJu." "We don't need him; we just signed Donte Moncrief."

Game 1...

*JuJu didn't do shit until it didn't count.

*Donte Fuckin' Moncrief is a pass-catcher that can't catch passes...3 catches, 7 yards, about a million fuckin' drops, including on 4th & 1, and in the end zone.

*The Dullard Mike Tomlin....punts on 4th & an inch...kicks a FG on 4th & goal from the 1, down 20.

Quote:
Will you start a thread with each Steeler loss lamenting the loss of AB and what he could have done to win the game?

:? :?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:06 am 

Being without AB is an enormous problem; I’d be shocked if it’s fixable this season. But the AB that played for the Steelers and was an all-world player checked out at the end of last season and you weren’t going to see that version of him again in a Steelers uniform, anymore than the Raiders were going to see a boomin’ version of AB. How did trading for AB work out for the Raiders? More bustin’ than boomin’’. It remains to be seen whether or not AB can be satisfied sharing the glory for the Pats. If he can keep his shit together, I’d like to find a shrink that can explain that level of unbridled madness suddenly pivoting into a model of respect and respectability.

Also, Tomlin...that is a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:11 am 

Obviously wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:
Didnt it seem like last year Ben came in in better shape? Wasnt he on some diet last summer? I thought looked bloated again last night. Wasnt moving nearly as well as last years opener.

Yeah but just when people start doing that Ben goes on one of his 6 game runs where hes lights out. People were doing that last year with the Dobbs era after Bens opening day dud vs Cle. If he plays bad the next couple games then its a different story. I really dont know what he was supposed to do last night though. He missed a couple deep balls but there really was nobody open. We will see though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
Being without AB is an enormous problem; I’d be shocked if it’s fixable this season. But the AB that played for the Steelers and was an all-world player checked out at the end of last season and you weren’t going to see that version of him again in a Steelers uniform, anymore than the Raiders were going to see a boomin’ version of AB. How did trading for AB work out for the Raiders? More bustin’ than boomin’’. It remains to be seen whether or not AB can be satisfied sharing the glory for the Pats. If he can keep his shit together, I’d like to find a shrink that can explain that level of unbridled madness suddenly pivoting into a model of respect and respectability.

And just to be clear, Will...the bolded part of your post encompassed the major points that I made last January and going forward. The other part, AB remaining a Steeler....I was hopeful of, nothing more.

It's the response that Steelers would be fine, wouldn't miss him, would be an improved football team that was the basis of my objection.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:51 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:

And just to be clear, Will...the bolded part of your post encompassed the major points that I made last January and going forward. The other part, AB remaining a Steeler....I was hopeful of, nothing more.

It's the response that Steelers would be fine, wouldn't miss him, would be an improved football team that was the basis of my objection.

And the Steelers never have urgency for a REAL fix, they always replace an AB type with some bargain basement alternative, PATS are able to go after and CONTROL any talented nut job that roles into town, then discard them after using them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm 

One game loss without AB proves absolutely nothing. AB hasn't made the difference in any game at NE. I second the notion that BR is unprepared and should play much more during preseason.

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Anyone know why he decided to run out of bounds?
Yes. I'd like to know that as well. He could have gained another ten yards, and if he's supposed to be that fast, he could have scored.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
The Flautist:
JuJu was "NFL open" many times v Gilmore last night.

Ben was simply not ready to be firing passes into tight windows on a regular basis to him...and others. And he should have been, but we know how we treat preseason by now.

And Fichtner had nothing...nada...zip...in the way of scheming his guys open, and when he did...Moncrief, especially, shit the bed.

New England has what could be the best secondary in the NFL this year- they held the Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl...although Jared Goff is no star, do you think he suddenly forgot how to play on the biggest stage that night?

You guys think one game, which was essentially our fifth preseason game, against the best team defense in the NFL is going to define how our offense is going to be the rest of the season?

Then you've suddenly become football stupid.

Swissvale72:

The flautist from the Blue Band, the smug little fuck Jeemie, calling others football stupid; that's a good one. Football stupid is thinking the Pittsburgh Steelers can suffer the personnel losses they have, be coached by the same stupid fuck, and somehow come out the better for it.

I notice you went straight to insults and didn't address what was actually said.

Quote:
I suspect a study of the All 22 will.confirm that our receivers were not, in fact, as blanketed as people think they were.

It wasn’t that bad. As B2B explained in his post game, that was a DISASTROUS performance by an offensive line that is supposed to be anchored talent on this team. They were fucking worked up and down. It didn’t come in the form of sacks, but NE dominated the line of scrimmage and disrupted every phase of our passing game. No pocket, no time for routes to develop, nothing.

Kind of a dogshit showing the first game of the post-Munchak era. The guy we should have promoted to head coach that hopped on a plane to Denver.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:59 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
[b]One game loss without AB proves absolutely nothing.[/b] AB hasn't made the difference in any game at NE. I second the notion that BR is unprepared and should play much more during preseason.

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Yes. I'd like to know that as well. He could have gained another ten yards, and if he's supposed to be that fast, he could have scored.

Steelers had Donte Moncrief starting last night as the other receiver opposite JuJu Smith-Schuster. So...go ahead and keep believing the bolded above. Keep pretending that the only reason Moncrief sucked ass was because it was New England.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:09 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
KC wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Maybe, or maybe Washington and Johnson are Markus Wheaton and Sammie Coates - overdrafted disappointments. If that's the case, the Steelers are truly fucked.

Who gives a shit?

Give me Markus Wheaton and Sammie Coates over Switzer and Moncrief all day, everyday.

They all suck shit. It's like the 2016 receiving corps all over again. One star and a bunch of nobodies. The next time Washington makes a big catch without doing something stupid will be the first. Anyone know why he decided to run out of bounds?

Because he heard footsteps (that were already behind him) and pussed out.

Or he simply has zero football awareness.

It was alarming.

A baller puts his head down and keeps on trucking. Shit, turn that upfield. Literally stepped OOB on his own. Wasn’t even pushed.

When you always seem to have players doing dumb things on your team it’s usually a sign they are coached by dummies.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:18 pm 

955876 wrote:
Because he heard footsteps (that were already behind him) and pussed out.

Or he simply has zero football awareness.

It was alarming.

A baller puts his head down and keeps on trucking. Shit, turn that upfield. Literally stepped OOB on his own. Wasn’t even pushed.

When you always seem to have players doing dumb things on your team it’s usually a sign they are coached by dummies.

I'm just happy the guy easily caught a bomb from Ben.

Remember what happened last year when Ben threw JW a long one?

Second year in a row Ben played ZERO SNAPS with Washington on the field in the preseason.

They have ZERO chemistry.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:19 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
[b]One game loss without AB proves absolutely nothing.[/b] AB hasn't made the difference in any game at NE. I second the notion that BR is unprepared and should play much more during preseason.

W&M_Steeler wrote:

Steelers had Donte Moncrief starting last night as the other receiver opposite JuJu Smith-Schuster. So...go ahead and keep believing the bolded above. Keep pretending that the only reason Moncrief sucked ass was because it was New England.

Again, how many wins has MC Hammer Jr been a part of, as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers when playing in Gillette Stadium?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:27 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The gloating is really Poor Form and truly Unnecessary swiss. Seems like this is the 4th/5th grade class at the local elementary school. Grow Up!

Officially on Ignore.

Especially after the first game of the season, when we played the Super Bowl Champs, in their house, in Primetime. A team with one of the best secondaries in the league. That’s what you’re going to hang your hat on to brag and gloat?

Antonio Brown turned into a lock room cancer here. He even managed to get himself suspended before a must win game at the end of the season. He’s a shitty professional, a shitty teammate and I’m glad he’s no longer on the team. Thinking he would’ve been the difference between a win and a loss last night is laughable.

Myself, along with the vast majority on this message board, have been saying for 3 years now that this team will never win an AFC Championship, let alone a Super Bowl, as long as Mike Tomlin is coach. Even if we have superior talent on the field we will be out coached on the sidelines.

So in the end what difference would Mr. Big Chest make on a team that is woefully coached and out coached by any legitimate coaching staff? Instead you want to try and appease this malcontent, ego-maniacal, locker room cancer? Doesn’t make any sense.

Sadly, the only way we’re goimg to get any real change is to have a historically bad season. Still a lot of games left to play this season, should be interesting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:36 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
the-other-burg wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:
I have a question. How do they go from beating the Pats last year, and keeping Brady in check, to getting absolutely destroyed a year later. How the hell can a stadium make THAT big of a difference? We have the exact same team, minus AB. If i remember correctly he didnt do shit in that game. We really beat them in 2017 too. Now all the sudden we are a dumpster fire? Scratching my head on how all the sudden we are this bad. AB got hurt in 2017 so when we " beat" them that year we didnt have him then either. Its confusing. I definitely miss AB the player though. We played tonight just like we played the Bengals C team. Field was real tight. No fluid pass plays. The whole situation just sucks ass.

One coach learns and makes a correction.
The other coach does the exact same thing, but with less weapons. The end.

The definition of insanity... expecting different results^

in a nutshell.....see above.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:47 pm 

Let's see what the receiving group looks like as the season goes along.

We are all looking for a big jump in yr 2 from Washington, and an impact at some point in the season from the rook Johnson. I'm willing to give it some time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:37 pm 

SteelCityFan wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
The gloating is really Poor Form and truly Unnecessary swiss. Seems like this is the 4th/5th grade class at the local elementary school. Grow Up!

Officially on Ignore.

Especially after the first game of the season, when we played the Super Bowl Champs, in their house, in Primetime. A team with one of the best secondaries in the league. That’s what you’re going to hang your hat on to brag and gloat?

Antonio Brown turned into a lock room cancer here. He even managed to get himself suspended before a must win game at the end of the season. He’s a shitty professional, a shitty teammate and I’m glad he’s no longer on the team. Thinking he would’ve been the difference between a win and a loss last night is laughable.

Myself, along with the vast majority on this message board, have been saying for 3 years now that this team will never win an AFC Championship, let alone a Super Bowl, as long as Mike Tomlin is coach. Even if we have superior talent on the field we will be out coached on the sidelines.

So in the end what difference would Mr. Big Chest make on a team that is woefully coached and out coached by any legitimate coaching staff? Instead you want to try and appease this malcontent, ego-maniacal, locker room cancer? Doesn’t make any sense.

Sadly, the only way we’re goimg to get any real change is to have a historically bad season. Still a lot of games left to play this season, should be interesting

Some of you douchebags have odd definitions of bragging and gloating. None of that going on with me today...just pointing out that last January, the response of many to AB leaving the Steelers was that all would be well, Donte Moncrief would be a capable replacement and that the team would be better this year than last.

So far ain't none of that happening. That's not bragging. That's not gloating. That's just pointing out the mother-fuckin' obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 pm 

The Steelers offense, going back to last year, has scored one TD in 8 quarters without AB.

Prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shitty.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 pm 

Antonio Brown sued for three separate counts of rape and sexual assault by his former trainer in Federal court in Florida on Tuesday, including a surprise ejaculation on her back while she was watching TV. She appears to not have missed his "production."

Caveat emptor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:27 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
If you think this is gloating, '77; you're sadly mistaken. And maybe growing the fuck up should be applied to those of you that continue to engage in the wishes for AB to suffer a life-altering injury, be broke, homeless, etc. Yeah, that's real mature.

Says Mr. "I hope he breaks his fuckin' leg" Manifesto

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:28 am 

Obviously wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:

If you really believe that, it's the worst take you've ever had... which is saying something. If you're just saying it to troll, do you need a timeout?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 am 

It's just an extended Overreaction Monday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:12 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
If you think this is gloating, '77; you're sadly mistaken. And maybe growing the fuck up should be applied to those of you that continue to engage in the wishes for AB to suffer a life-altering injury, be broke, homeless, etc. Yeah, that's real mature.

If you're gonna make reference to it, B2B, maybe you should read the fuckin' thing. From the Manifesto:

"Limits to rooting for injuries:
Some maniacal fans I've encountered, particularly on the internet, feel differently about this, but I never root for a life-threatening or disabling injury...

When Bruschi came back from his stroke midway through the '05 season, I specifically rooted for a non-stroke related injury. Some were rooting for his 'heart to explode.' Not me...I was rooting for the standard broken leg on his first play back."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:13 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Obviously wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:

If you really believe that, it's the worst take you've ever had... which is saying something. If you're just saying it to troll, do you need a timeout?

Are you seriously threatening to ban Obviously for his criticism of one of the Sacred Fuckin' Cows??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:34 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

If you're gonna make reference to it, B2B, maybe you should read the fuckin' thing. From the Manifesto:

"Limits to rooting for injuries:
Some maniacal fans I've encountered, particularly on the internet, feel differently about this, but I never root for a life-threatening or disabling injury...

When Bruschi came back from his stroke midway through the '05 season, I specifically rooted for a non-stroke related injury. Some were rooting for his 'heart to explode.' Not me...I was rooting for the standard broken leg on his first play back."

In B2B's defense, I'd rather watch soft porn in AB's home theater than read that thing, but you basically said you wanted the guy to break his leg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next