It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: No AB...no problem!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 am 

The gloating is really Poor Form and truly Unnecessary swiss. Seems like this is the 4th/5th grade class at the local elementary school. Grow Up!

Officially on Ignore.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:30 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:
I have a question. How do they go from beating the Pats last year, and keeping Brady in check, to getting absolutely destroyed a year later. How the hell can a stadium make THAT big of a difference? We have the exact same team, minus AB. If i remember correctly he didnt do shit in that game. We really beat them in 2017 too. Now all the sudden we are a dumpster fire? Scratching my head on how all the sudden we are this bad. AB got hurt in 2017 so when we " beat" them that year we didnt have him then either. Its confusing. I definitely miss AB the player though. We played tonight just like we played the Bengals C team. Field was real tight. No fluid pass plays. The whole situation just sucks ass.

One coach learns and makes a correction. The other coach does the exact same thing, but with less weapons. The end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:57 am 

the-other-burg wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:
I have a question. How do they go from beating the Pats last year, and keeping Brady in check, to getting absolutely destroyed a year later. How the hell can a stadium make THAT big of a difference? We have the exact same team, minus AB. If i remember correctly he didnt do shit in that game. We really beat them in 2017 too. Now all the sudden we are a dumpster fire? Scratching my head on how all the sudden we are this bad. AB got hurt in 2017 so when we " beat" them that year we didnt have him then either. Its confusing. I definitely miss AB the player though. We played tonight just like we played the Bengals C team. Field was real tight. No fluid pass plays. The whole situation just sucks ass.

One coach learns and makes a correction.
The other coach does the exact same thing, but with less weapons. The end.

The definition of insanity... expecting different results^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 am 

Unfortunately what happened last night was not unexpected. I am still having a hard time understanding how we don't make the playoffs and then get to go to NE to open the season with their banner raising home opener. Ugh.

I am not going to over-react, a 16 game season is a long season and you can see a tremendous amount of growth. But just like last season, and the year before that Ben always comes out sluggish and his timing is off and particularly with the deep passing.

One thing that they are quickly going to have to realize is that James Washington and Diontae Johnson are your future and the future is now. Moncrief and Switzer are both playing with their 3rd teams since being drafted. Neither is the answer for what they are trying to do. Reps during games, snaps in games are the only way that Washington and Johnson are going to develop.

Moncrief got a $9 million contract but that should not entitle him to some sort of scholarship, some sort of false reasoning that he HAS to start, that he HAS to be the most targeted. I don't care if they (Switz and Moncrief) make Ben happy, or are great friends.

Washington was a 2nd round pick, Diontae was a high 3rd round pick, they have the pedigree, they have the talent. Ben needs to get with the program.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:42 am 

Scunge wrote:
One thing that they are quickly going to have to realize is that James Washington and Diontae Johnson are your future and the future is now. Moncrief and Switzer are both playing with their 3rd teams since being drafted. Neither is the answer for what they are trying to do. Reps during games, snaps in games are the only way that Washington and Johnson are going to develop.

Moncrief got a $9 million contract but that should not entitle him to some sort of scholarship, some sort of false reasoning that he HAS to start, that he HAS to be the most targeted. I don't care if they (Switz and Moncrief) make Ben happy, or are great friends.

Washington was a 2nd round pick, Diontae was a high 3rd round pick, they have the pedigree, they have the talent. Ben needs to get with the program.

Maybe, or maybe Washington and Johnson are Markus Wheaton and Sammie Coates - overdrafted disappointments. If that's the case, the Steelers are truly fucked.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Maybe, or maybe Washington and Johnson are Markus Wheaton and Sammie Coates - overdrafted disappointments. If that's the case, the Steelers are truly fucked.

Maybe they are.

The point is we have to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:52 am 

Jeemie wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Maybe they are.

The point is we have to find out.

I agree with that. I'm just less bullish on Washington and Johnson than many seem to be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:54 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:

Who gives a shit?

Give me Markus Wheaton and Sammie Coates over Switzer and Moncrief all day, everyday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:58 am 

SteelPowerful wrote:

Can't blame Ben. His damn receivers could not get open. Patriots have damn good DBs.

And there must've been 10 drops of catchable balls. Moncrief dropped a TD that YOU KNOW WHO would of made.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:00 am 

KC wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:

Who gives a shit?

Give me Markus Wheaton and Sammie Coates over Switzer and Moncrief all day, everyday.

They all suck shit. It's like the 2016 receiving corps all over again. One star and a bunch of nobodies. The next time Washington makes a big catch without doing something stupid will be the first. Anyone know why he decided to run out of bounds?

Last edited by W&M_Steeler on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:01 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Again...SBI > Being Right...but fuck, this is exactly what I feared when AB left town.

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:05 am 

the-other-burg wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:

One coach learns and makes a correction. The other coach does the exact same thing, but with less weapons. The end.

If you heard what Tomlin said at the start of the 2nd half, this is confirmed "No need to make any schematic changes to the offense" - OF COURSE NOT, it was always just throw up a prayer to AB and he'll beat the DB with superior talent, that was Tomlin's "Scheme".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:06 am 

Well, again, it sure seemed like Ben was over throwing James Washington when he had a step, when he was separating from his man.

Rudolph, Dobbs sure don't seem to have a problem hitting Washington for deep throws. Why is that???

Now, yeah, Ben did hit James for that 45 yarder but he could have hit him for a couple more long passes.

The one thing that I warned about in the preseason is that if the Steelers truly think that Switzer is fine at slot WR and that they keep JuJu more on the outside, this offense will go nowhere.

JuJu is the #1 WR on this team but it doesn't mean that he HAS to be forced to play the role that Antonio Brown did. You can be the #1 WR and line up the vast majority of the time in the slot. Washington and Johnson should be the outside WRs and they should be keeping JuJu in the slot, inside to dominate, to take advantage of his blocking inside too.

I totally disagree with what they are doing on offense but I think pretty quickly they are going to find out that Switz and Moncrief have to take a backseat and watch from the sidelines. Washington and Johnson and JuJu are your 3 WR trio that has to play the vast majority of the snaps and be targeted the most. IMO Switz and Moncrief should combine for only 20-25 catches this season. Expecting them to have over 100 catches this season is pure insanity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 am 

Scunge wrote:
Well, again, it sure seemed like Ben was over throwing James Washington when he had a step, when he was separating from his man.

Rudolph, Dobbs sure don't seem to have a problem hitting Washington for deep throws. Why is that???

Now, yeah, Ben did hit James for that 45 yarder but he could have hit him for a couple more long passes.

The one thing that I warned about in the preseason is that if the Steelers truly think that Switzer is fine at slot WR and that they keep JuJu more on the outside, this offense will go nowhere.

JuJu is the #1 WR on this team but it doesn't mean that he HAS to be forced to play the role that Antonio Brown did. You can be the #1 WR and line up the vast majority of the time in the slot. Washington and Johnson should be the outside WRs and they should be keeping JuJu in the slot, inside to dominate, to take advantage of his blocking inside too.

I totally disagree with what they are doing on offense but I think pretty quickly they are going to find out that Switz and Moncrief have to take a backseat and watch from the sidelines. Washington and Johnson and JuJu are your 3 WR trio that has to play the vast majority of the snaps and be targeted the most. IMO Switz and Moncrief should combine for only 20-25 catches this season. Expecting them to have over 100 catches this season is pure insanity

Ben doesn't get enough reps in during the offseason. He's getting old, but he still thinks he can step onto the field and just turn it on. He's not that guy anymore.

If he wants to spend time with his family fine spend time with the family. I don't begrudge him for that decision. If he wants to be an NFL quarterback he needs to do more.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 am 

Scunge wrote:
I am not going to over-react, a 16 game season is a long season and you can see a tremendous amount of growth. But just like last season, and the year before that Ben always comes out sluggish and his timing is off and particularly with the deep passing.

I am going to over react. Because the very very best we can do this year is 3rd place. We will never beat the Patriots when it matters as long as Bill Belichick is coaching.

The Ben era is over. The bronze medal is the highest award we will receive moving forward while BB is coaching.

I am truly worried about a great Steeler unraveling. I guess it is more likely that Tomlin will stitch together and repair the wings of the buzzard and we will get to da dump dee dump de dump and swoop in and get the dead bronze carcass the Patriots left behind.

Barring a heart attack to Bill, we will never go back to the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 am 

The Flautist:
JuJu was "NFL open" many times v Gilmore last night.

Ben was simply not ready to be firing passes into tight windows on a regular basis to him...and others. And he should have been, but we know how we treat preseason by now.

And Fichtner had nothing...nada...zip...in the way of scheming his guys open, and when he did...Moncrief, especially, shit the bed.

New England has what could be the best secondary in the NFL this year- they held the Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl...although Jared Goff is no star, do you think he suddenly forgot how to play on the biggest stage that night?

You guys think one game, which was essentially our fifth preseason game, against the best team defense in the NFL is going to define how our offense is going to be the rest of the season?

Then you've suddenly become football stupid.[/quote]

Swissvale72:

Football stupid is thinking the Pittsburgh Steelers can suffer the personnel losses they have, be coached by the same stupid fuck, and somehow come out the better for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:38 am 

Scunge wrote:

I don’t think anyone on this board expected that Washington would not be #2 or #3 WR. I could have written up 20 scripts as to how last night would have unfolded and would have never guessed he would be used so little. I just assumed they were getting Washington reps in preseason for fast tracking him, never in a million years did I not think he wouldn’t be featured for the majority of the snaps. Maybe, maybe he misses the equivalent of 1 series would have been my guess.

And the rust on Ben? Sure he can improve, but I would bet any money his deep balls, when it mattered, were on target! It is the Belichick secondary that just disrupts the timing. It is chicken fighting the whole way down the field. It happens and our receivers don’t even know they are getting moved off their line. It is truly checkers and chess when you compare secondary talent. The art of the Patriots’s defensive backs is what made Ben look “off” on his deep balls, and the lack of disengaging from chicken fighting and not getting moved off their line is lack of WR experience.

And then there is our defense against Patriot receivers! Zero friction created by our defenders while the opposition runs routes, which immediately causes the Gameplan to get tossed and the run game to be abandoned. You want that line to your target? Sure here you go. I will just run along side of you! Weeee! Look how good I am at shadow dancing...you move right I move right and all with out touching you! I am a Pittsburgh Steeler defender.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:39 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
My biggest fear is that gum, tape and shoestrings held together the above potential performance last year, enough to fool us into thinking we will be ok, and then this year we realize we lost Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla. 2 generational hostages swindled their way out of town in two years, while AR II and Colbert had thier head up their arses! This may spell the collapse of the Steelers as the dam finally breaks wide open this year.

The Bonds/Bonilla comp is a good one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:44 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The gloating is really Poor Form and truly Unnecessary swiss. Seems like this is the 4th/5th grade class at the local elementary school. Grow Up!

Officially on Ignore.

If you think this is gloating, '77; you're sadly mistaken. And maybe growing the fuck up should be applied to those of you that continue to engage in the wishes for AB to suffer a life-altering injury, be broke, homeless, etc. Yeah, that's real mature.

Fact is, back in January, the shit I posted being fearful of ....losing this level of talent, coached by the same dumbass, not being a great formula for success....is exactly what's happened thus far.

But no...
*Ben was going to have a chip on his shoulder
*Donte Moncrief was going to be more than capable
*JuJu, the team MVP, was going to be a fuckin' monster

Guess what?? 33-3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:48 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Ben doesn't get enough reps in during the offseason. He's getting old, but he still thinks he can step onto the field and just turn it on. He's not that guy anymore.

If he wants to spend time with his family fine spend time with the family. I don't begrudge him for that decision. If he wants to be an NFL quarterback he needs to do more.

Right. No one ever accused Ben of being the hardest worker on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
My biggest fear is that gum, tape and shoestrings held together the above potential performance last year, enough to fool us into thinking we will be ok, and then this year we realize we lost Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla. 2 generational hostages swindled their way out of town in two years, while AR II and Colbert had thier head up their arses! This may spell the collapse of the Steelers as the dam finally breaks wide open this year.

:lol:

Bell looked like shit yesterday, against the Bills.

Averaged 3.5 ypc and I believe it was 5 yards per reception.

Against Buffalo.

MC Hammer Jr will quickly learn the Pats don't need him to win and he'll be bitching about targets within a few weeks....then he'll be cut.

Watch.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:52 am 

Also, those calling Ben a fat, lazy fuck are SPOT ON.

He has more chins than a Chinese phonebook.

Brady looks like a fucking male model. Thin, looks more athletic than he has in years.

Ben looks like fucking Ralph Kramden.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:04 am 

KC wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

:lol:

Bell looked like shit yesterday, against the Bills.

Averaged 3.5 ypc and I believe it was 5 yards per reception.

Against Buffalo.

MC Hammer Jr will quickly learn the Pats don't need him to win and he'll be bitching about targets within a few weeks....then he'll be cut.

Watch.

Maybe you'll be as accurate with your AB predictions as you were about telling us not to worry, we've got Donte Fuckin' Moncrief!! :lol: :lol:

And here's the more important point, KC. Didn't really matter what Bonds & Bonilla did in NY & San Fran. What mattered is that Pirates SUCKED without them. Same deal here....won't matter what AB, Bell do with other teams. We're already seeing the impact of AB's absence on Steelers though. I know you'll disagree.

Last edited by swissvale72 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:05 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Right. No one ever accused Ben of being the hardest worker on the team.

Sure haven't. He got by early on because he had talent you can't teach. But now that he's pushing 40 he needs to work harder to continue being an upper echelon NFL QB. Not look like he just stepped out of Primanti Brothers and onto a football field.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:38 am 

Didnt it seem like last year Ben came in in better shape? Wasnt he on some diet last summer? I thought looked bloated again last night. Wasnt moving nearly as well as last years opener.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next