It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No AB...no problem!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 am 

Seems as though I said repeatedly...."Losing a guy with this kind of production (AB) and being coached by the same dumb mother-fucker won't result in an improved football team."

Responses were..."We don't need him; we have JuJu." "We don't need him; we just signed Donte Moncrief."

Game 1...

*JuJu didn't do shit until it didn't count.

*Donte Fuckin' Moncrief is a pass-catcher that can't catch passes...3 catches, 7 yards, about a million fuckin' drops, including on 4th & 1, and in the end zone.

*The Dullard Mike Tomlin....punts on 4th & an inch...kicks a FG on 4th & goal from the 1, down 20.

Post subject: Re: No AB...no problem!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 am 

At least swissvale 72 is happy.....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:47 am 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

You are missing an open bracket in your signature towards the end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:50 am 

To be fair, no one thought they'd build the offense around Ryan fucking Switzer....or that Monqueef would drop everything thrown his way.

Proven - Tomlin is bad at game management.
Given - 31 other teams would have fired Tomlin long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:51 am 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

You don't know me very well, Trader.

SBI > Being Right.

Just that this is exactly what I've been saying for the past 8 months, and these were exactly the responses.

*I maintained that JuJu's production last year had much to do with AB. We'll see if that's not the case as the season progresses. I think JuJu benefited tremendously by AB's presence.

*I was told not to worry, Donte Moncrief would be good. Jesus Fuckin' Christ!!! How can a receiver be any worse.

And then....there's the dumb mother-fucker Mike Tomlin.

So, is this I told you so, after Game 1? Yeah, it is. Don't confuse it with happiness though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:51 am 

Kodiak wrote:
To be fair, no one thought they'd build the offense around Ryan fucking Switzer....or that Monqueef would drop everything thrown his way.

This. Nobody has ever said the production could be made up. But holy fuck our offense looked bad tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 am 

It seemed less about JuJu being able to be like AB and more about Moncrief being unable to be like JuJu and more like Dwight Stone. Washington needs to start at the 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:10 am 

SteelerZen wrote:
It seemed less about JuJu being able to be like AB and more about Moncrief being unable to be like JuJu and more like Dwight Stone. Washington needs to start at the 2

How did Eli Rogers get cut over Moncrief?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:12 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Seems as though I said repeatedly...."Losing a guy with this kind of production (AB) and being coached by the same dumb mother-fucker won't result in an improved football team."

Responses were..."We don't need him; we have JuJu." "We don't need him; we just signed Donte Moncrief."

Game 1...

*Donte Fuckin' Moncrief is a pass-catcher that can't catch passes...3 catches, 7 yards, about a million fuckin' drops, including on 4th & 1, and in the end zone.

*The Dullard Mike Tomlin....punts on 4th & an inch...kicks a FG on 4th & goal from the 1, down 20.

I wondered if you were going to do this, but you're not right until the Steelers fail to win 10 games and qualify for the playoffs which doesn't happen week 1.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:13 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

You don't know me very well, Trader.

SBI > Being Right.

Just that this is exactly what I've been saying for the past 8 months, and these were exactly the responses.

*I maintained that JuJu's production last year had much to do with AB. We'll see if that's not the case as the season progresses. I think JuJu benefited tremendously by AB's presence.

*I was told not to worry, Donte Moncrief would be good. Jesus Fuckin' Christ!!! How can a receiver be any worse.

And then....there's the dumb mother-fucker Mike Tomlin.

So, is this I told you so, after Game 1? Yeah, it is. Don't confuse it with happiness though.

I called you out in the game thread that your mouse was hovering over the submit button waiting for the I told you so post to be dropped.

It honestly looked like we played against 13 Pats defenders the whole game. And they played against 9 Steeler defenders.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:20 am 

My worst fear was realized - Mike Tomlin.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
SteelerZen wrote:

Only thing I can think of is he flashed in practice but wilted under the lights. Washington however looks ready to go.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:31 am 

SteelerZen wrote:
Only thing I can think of is he flashed in practice but wilted under the lights. Washington however looks ready to go.

I defended Eli Rogers' jag status.....but even lowly MIA didn't want him.

But I still think he's better than Monqueef and Switzer....still dumbstruck over those two being featured in the offense. 16 targets?!? Heads should roll.

Proven - Tomlin is bad at game management.
Given - 31 other teams would have fired Tomlin long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:39 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
SteelerZen wrote:

He sucks more than Moncrief.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:43 am 

My biggest fear is that gum, tape and shoestrings held together the above potential performance last year, enough to fool us into thinking we will be ok, and then this year we realize we lost Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla. 2 generational hostages swindled their way out of town in two years, while AR II and Colbert had thier head up their arses! This may spell the collapse of the Steelers as the dam finally breaks wide open this year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:48 am 

SteelerZen wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
SteelerZen wrote:

Ready to go where? Out of bounds?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:03 am 

I have a question. How do they go from beating the Pats last year, and keeping Brady in check, to getting absolutely destroyed a year later. How the hell can a stadium make THAT big of a difference? We have the exact same team, minus AB. If i remember correctly he didnt do shit in that game. We really beat them in 2017 too. Now all the sudden we are a dumpster fire? Scratching my head on how all the sudden we are this bad. AB got hurt in 2017 so when we " beat" them that year we didnt have him then either. Its confusing. I definitely miss AB the player though. We played tonight just like we played the Bengals C team. Field was real tight. No fluid pass plays. The whole situation just sucks ass.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 am 

SteelerZen wrote:

yep

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:03 am 

Quote:
I have a question. How do they go from beating the Pats last year, and keeping Brady in check, to getting absolutely destroyed a year later. How the hell can a stadium make THAT big of a difference?

Game-planning. That was pure coaching. Plain and simple. Tomlin and Fichtner stunk up the place pretty badly.

Moncrief is absolutely horrible. There was a snap that Holton was in the game and Washington was on the sidelines. Washington must be horrible at running intermediate routes or the coaches have their heads up their asses.

Can't blame Ben. His damn receivers could not get open. Patriots have damn good DBs.

And the defense could not take advantage of their short-handed O-line. Coaching was atrocious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:57 am 

How many wins have MC Hammer Jr and Lev the Rapper experienced in Gillette Stadium?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:18 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:
I have a question. How do they go from beating the Pats last year, and keeping Brady in check, to getting absolutely destroyed a year later. How the hell can a stadium make THAT big of a difference? We have the exact same team, minus AB. If i remember correctly he didnt do shit in that game. We really beat them in 2017 too. Now all the sudden we are a dumpster fire? Scratching my head on how all the sudden we are this bad. AB got hurt in 2017 so when we " beat" them that year we didnt have him then either. Its confusing. I definitely miss AB the player though. We played tonight just like we played the Bengals C team. Field was real tight. No fluid pass plays. The whole situation just sucks ass.

Well - Mike Tomlin trotted out he same game plan last night that he used last year when they barely won (that’s after he shit the bed the rest of the season while the pats went on to win another SB) while BB created a new plan to humiliate us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:49 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Game 1...

I wondered if you were going to do this, but you're not right until the Steelers fail to win 10 games and qualify for the playoffs which doesn't happen week 1.

I don't want to be right; trust me on that!! But...one game in, and this was exactly the fuck what I was saying would happen.

Ben's throwing to guys that either can't get open or can't catch...both things that Antonio Brown did better than anybody. And...the same dumb mother-fucker on the sidelines...exceeding his stupidity which no one thought possible. That's not a good combo, and exactly the formula I cited as not one that would yield an improved football team.

Now, if Gilmore was matched up on AB, does JuJu have a bigger night? This has been my fear with JuJu. How good is he really, and to what extent was his production informed by having Antonio Brown on the field at the same time.

Ben, regardless of the size of the supposed chip on his shoulder, puts 3 fuckin' points on the board.

Again...SBI > Being Right...but fuck, this is exactly what I feared when AB left town.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:50 am 

swissvale72 wrote:

Interesting.

"I told you so".

Tell us this: how many wins have MC Hammer Jr and Lev the Rapper been a part of, in games at Gillette Stadium?

I believe this is MC Hammer Jr's 10th year.

He's played at Gillette before, right?

Talk about the big wins in that stadium he's been a part of.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:14 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Game 1...

I don't want to be right; trust me on that!! But...one game in, and this was exactly the fuck what I was saying would happen.

Ben's throwing to guys that either can't get open or can't catch...both things that Antonio Brown did better than anybody. And...the same dumb mother-fucker on the sidelines...exceeding his stupidity which no one thought possible. That's not a good combo, and exactly the formula I cited as not one that would yield an improved football team.

Now, if Gilmore was matched up on AB, does JuJu have a bigger night? This has been my fear with JuJu. How good is he really, and to what extent was his production informed by having Antonio Brown on the field at the same time.

Ben, regardless of the size of the supposed chip on his shoulder, puts 3 fuckin' points on the board.

Again...SBI > Being Right...but fuck, this is exactly what I feared when AB left town.

JuJu was "NFL open" many times v Gilmore last night.

Ben was simply not ready to be firing passes into tight windows on a regular basis to him...and others. And he should have been, but we know how we treat preseason by now.

And Fichtner had nothing...nada...zip...in the way of scheming his guys open, and when he did...Moncrief, especially, shit the bed.

New England has what could be the best secondary in the NFL this year- they held the Rams to 3 points in the Super Bowl...although Jared Goff is no star, do you think he suddenly forgot how to play on the biggest stage that night?

You guys think one game, which was essentially our fifth preseason game, against the best team defense in the NFL is going to define how our offense is going to be the rest of the season?

Then you've suddenly become football stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 am 

Fuck this team. They’ll always be stupid and held back as long as Tomlin and his crew of dipshits are still coaching. New England is going to win another super bowl and then I’ll retire as a fan.