It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any Tomlin defenders left?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:38 pm 

Tomlin is not Barry Switzer. I think he has been a key part of acquiring talent here. Attributing the acquisition of all the talented players to Colbert and not Tomlin, when one has no clue about the process, is just flat out bias.

However, he is apparently not a great strategist. I think Tomlin is in the same class as Tony Dungy.

Ben has had a lot to do with the lack of success of the Steelers in the era of the Patriots. He does not work as hard as the great ones and I have said that since the beginning of time. And now that the cat is out of the bag on Ben, even those who cannot view him objectively in terms of his flaws have to now admit he has never been the hardest worker. Going against someone as hungry as Brady and as smart as Belichick, you are going to get your ass kicked almost every time with that approach.

There is also something that I noticed in this game that I noticed many years ago in 2004 during Ben's rookie year. There was a play on Sunday night that the Pats flooded zones with defenders dropping nine and rushing three. I am not sure how often they did it during this game. The Pats did this against Ben in the 2004 AFC Championship game but then they did it much more frequently back then. I wonder if this is part of how they play defense overall in certain situations or if this is the way they play Ben.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:45 pm 

I want to be.

But nope. Not anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:17 pm 

Quote:
I think Tomlin is in the same class as Tony Dungy.

That's a pretty big insult to Tony Dungy and I'm not even a big Dungy fan.

Tomlin completely lost me after last year's UNBELIEVABLE loss to Oakland.
Just an indefensible level of shit-off stupid.

I didn't think he could lose me any further until the "not ready for prime time" comment.
Just STFU and find a way to beat the Patriots to Lomardi #7
Despite Sunday night's loss, I still think it can be done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:42 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I'm not defending tomlin, but until an adequate replacement is found, what's your solution?

Who was Bill Cowher when he was hired? Not one person really knew. Who was Chuck Noll when hired? nobody knew. Who was Mike Tomlin when he got the job? None of us knew that either. There are good coaches out there that people don't know about on this message board or facebook or twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:44 pm 

I don't get the logic of kicking the FG and then sending your starters back out there. If you're going to vag out, go all the way.

Tomlin should have dropped his pants to his ankles and wandered the sidelines while sucking his thumb after that decision.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:48 pm 

Quote:

Oh really? Look at their results and tell me if you see a difference. Dungy was even fired. Dungy was also dominated by Belichick. Dungy also had a Hall of Fame QB who was arguably even better than the one we have. Where Dungy is better than Tomlin for sure is how he is respected by his players.

Most fans have a negative bias against their own coach (with the exception of a few franchises and coaches - McVay, Payton, Belichick) because they see him in a way they cannot possibly see other coaches. And this certainly applies to Steeler fans and it seems that it applies to you. Most Steeler fans do not see the coaches of other teams in live action week after week therefore they really have no idea about their flaws.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:58 pm 

stillthere wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I'm not defending tomlin, but until an adequate replacement is found, what's your solution?

Who was Bill Cowher when he was hired? Not one person really knew. Who was Chuck Noll when hired? nobody knew. Who was Mike Tomlin when he got the job? None of us knew that either. There are good coaches out there that people don't know about on this message board or facebook or twitter.

Exactly right!! What we DO know, is that we have in Mike Tomlin, a complete fuckin' imbecile on game day. Who the FUCK kicks a field goal in that spot on Sunday night. Who the FUCK pulls the shit he pulled in Oakland last year!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
stillthere wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Exactly right!! What we DO know, is that we have in Mike Tomlin, a complete fuckin' imbecile on game day. Who the FUCK kicks a field goal in that spot on Sunday night. Who the FUCK pulls the shit he pulled in Oakland last year!!!

Exactly! The guys a fuckin idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:14 pm 

SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:

Oh really? Look at their results and tell me if you see a difference. Dungy was even fired. Dungy was also dominated by Belichick. Dungy also had a Hall of Fame QB who was arguably even better than the one we have. Where Dungy is better than Tomlin for sure is how he is respected by his players.

Most fans have a negative bias against their own coach (with the exception of a few franchises and coaches - McVay, Payton, Belichick) because they see him in a way they cannot possibly see other coaches. And this certainly applies to Steeler fans and it seems that it applies to you. Most Steeler fans do not see the coaches of other teams in live action week after week therefore they really have no idea about their flaws.

I get what you're saying, but find me another coach in the NFL that's going to opt for Josh Dobbs over a Roethlisberger that was cleared to play.

That decision likely cost us the playoffs last season. That decisions is one of, if not, the dumbest I've ever seen my 30 years of watching sports.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:31 pm 

Much of the criticism is racially based.

Thats probably the main reason I have supported him as much as I have.

If we hit the 4 game mark worse than 2-2 and Moncrief and Switzer continue to get more targets than Johnson and Washington I might begin to change my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:41 pm 

Bull fucking shit.

Racially biased my ass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:48 pm 

tunch wrote:
I don't get the logic of kicking the FG and then sending your starters back out there. If you're going to vag out, go all the way.

Tomlin should have dropped his pants to his ankles and wandered the sidelines while sucking his thumb after that decision.

That’s fucking funny....and sad....but I chose to laugh

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:49 pm 

I do not doubt that some of it is racially biased. But to be fair, Bill Cowher got the same treatment. You have posters here named "KC" and "FC" for a reason.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:54 pm 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

If we hit the 4 game mark worse than 2-2 and Moncrief and Switzer continue to get more targets than Johnson and Washington I might begin to change my mind.

Sorry you feel that way. For me it has nothing to do with race.

It has to do with his book of work if you will.....the book is full of insane coaching blunders, losing to shitty teams, being outcoached, being unprepared, making stupid in-game decisions.....

What more needs to be written for you to realize the guy sucks as a HC?

Where x = violent men playing on blades of grass
Where y = efficiency factor
Where z = because Tomlin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm 

tunch wrote:

That made me lolz. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:00 pm 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

How is it racially biased if there is clear evidence of the points people make?

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:00 pm 

SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:

Winning percentage and struggles against Belichick for sure. But if I had time I’d argue Tomlins losses to Belichick more frustrating due to lack of ability to vary from the norm, fix what didn’t work.

My reaction to seeing the Dungy comparison was more personality than overall record. His tiresome line of bullshit and cliches. His draft disappointments particularly in his supposed area of strength the secondary and of course the issues with AB which admittedly no coach should have to deal with.

As for your bullshit claim of my negative bias toward my home town coach Tomlins gone out of his way to earn that from me and every other poster on here. No worse decision making have I ever seen in 48 years of life than last years Oakland loss. THAT GAME did me in. Sunday’s loss threw dirt on my Tomlin frustration and yet I still think this team can compete for a title.

Before I go deal with my negative bias towards my sons coach, I’ll leave you with this. Do you think even the most ardent of Colts fans ever had as much justifiable disdain for Dungy as Steelers fans do Tomlin? Having never set foot in the state of Indiana I’m guessing it’s not even close.

Last edited by SteelDrama on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:01 pm 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

No it isn't, and stop beating that ridiculous, idiotic drum. That's the only defense you have for defending is race? Really? You're a piece of work.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:02 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

It's STD. He lives in his own dreamland with no basis in reality.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:07 pm 

SteelPowerful wrote:
I do not doubt that some of it is racially biased. But to be fair, Bill Cowher got the same treatment. You have posters here named "KC" and "FC" for a reason.

Exactly. Cowher was treated no better on this site nor its predecessor, and as I have always said, there's not a dime's bit a difference between Cowher and Tomlin. I have also said this about Tomlin that I used to say about Cowher before he finally won a SB - I WANT to be wrong on Tomlin because as Swiss says, SBI >>>>>> me being right on Tomlin.

#Obviously

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:31 pm 

SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:

++++ Nice post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:48 pm 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

Holy shit! Do you actually watch the games in their entirety or do you hit up game center for the highlights? Racially biased my ass. An idiotic asshole is an idiotic asshole and it sure as hell doesn’t matter what the color of their skin is or what country they originated from. You’re watching way too much CNN and shit. Tomlin is fucking totally useless in so many facets of coaching an NFL team! Many here could write a whole dissertation as to why, complete with video evidence and plenty of concrete examples, but you would come to Tomlins defense. Are you related to him?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:52 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
SteelPowerful wrote:
Quote:

Winning percentage and struggles against Belichick for sure. But if I had time I’d argue Tomlins losses to Belichick more frustrating due to lack of ability to vary from the norm, fix what didn’t work.

My reaction to seeing the Dungy comparison was more personality than overall record. His tiresome line of bullshit and cliches. His draft disappointments particularly in his supposed area of strength the secondary and of course the issues with AB which admittedly no coach should have to deal with.

As for your bullshit claim of my negative bias toward my home town coach Tomlins gone out of his way to earn that from me and every other poster on here. No worse decision making have I ever seen in 48 years of life than last years Oakland loss. THAT GAME did me in. Sunday’s loss threw dirt on my Tomlin frustration and yet I still think this team can compete for a title.

Before I go deal with my negative bias towards my sons coach, I’ll leave you with this. Do you think even the most ardent of Colts fans ever had as much justifiable disdain for Dungy as Steelers fans do Tomlin? Having never set foot in the state of Indiana I’m guessing it’s not even close.

You have your own bias here. You aren't on the colts' message board like you are here. So comparatively it seems Tomlin gets more hate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:25 pm 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:

If the site hadn't have nuked you could dig up posts of me shitting on Tomlin from 2009 or 2010 - which was long before I became a racist.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:36 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

When some people have no ammo it is because racism. It really is kinda sad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next