It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any Tomlin defenders left?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:03 am 

How can he stand there with a straight face and claim in hindsight, “I didn’t think our plan was good enough, and I didn’t think the execution of the plan was good enough,” Tomlin said. “I don’t know how to be any more black and white than that.”? https://triblive.com/sports/kevin-gorma ... et-a-yard/

So let me get this straight.... Didn't you have anything to do with the game plan coach? Weren't you in the meetings and sign off on what the game plan was? Aren't you there at practices? Watching veterans who are excused for [coaches decisions] stand on the sidelines and do nothing? How can you sit there you pompous fuck and defer any blame whatsoever when you are the Head Coach? Are you that infatuated with yourself that you are above any critique or fault? You are the epitome of self-absorbed, narcissistic and completely Football DUMB! Fuck Off!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:40 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
How can he stand there with a straight face and claim in hindsight, “I didn’t think our plan was good enough, and I didn’t think the execution of the plan was good enough,” Tomlin said. “I don’t know how to be any more black and white than that.”? https://triblive.com/sports/kevin-gorma ... et-a-yard/

So let me get this straight.... Didn't you have anything to do with the game plan coach? Weren't you in the meetings and sign off on what the game plan was? Aren't you there at practices? Watching veterans who are excused for [coaches decisions] stand on the sidelines and do nothing? How can you sit there you pompous fuck and defer any blame whatsoever when you are the Head Coach? Are you that infatuated with yourself that you are above any critique or fault? You are the epitome of self-absorbed, narcissistic and completely Football DUMB! Fuck Off!

In what way is saying "we weren't good enough" deflecting blame?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:

To be fair, I don't think he's saying he wasn't part of drawing up the game plan.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:51 am 

fortythree wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

^^^^^^

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:07 am 

stillthere wrote:
When some people have no ammo it is because racism. It really is kinda sad.

Welcome to 2019!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:25 am 

fortythree wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Good point, and I appreciate Tomlin's honesty on that as well as his Captain Obvious(ly) imitation. What I take issue with is his statement that the team was not prepared. Why the fuck not?

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 am 

stillthere wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
Much of the criticism is racially based.

Thats probably the main reason I have supported him as much as I have.

If we hit the 4 game mark worse than 2-2 and Moncrief and Switzer continue to get more targets than Johnson and Washington I might begin to change my mind.

How is it racially biased if there is clear evidence of the points people make?

When some people have no ammo it is because racism. It really is kinda sad.

Very true. I don't even care about race. If a person is good at their job then a person is good at their job.

My gripe is that he makes the same mistakes in 2018/2019 that he made 10+ years ago. He's not improving as a coach and that's a huge problem to me. How do we expect player progression if the coach isn't progressing? I'd make the argument that his decision making has gotten worse whether it be in game or with personnel.

And for God' sakes..this is the longest defensive rebuild in history.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 am 

It's a good thing Tomlin is having more influence on the defense this year. Otherwise Mike Hilton would not have had perfect coverage on Steven Nelson on this play.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/ ... 8402017281

This looks like a well prepared defense. SMH :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:21 am 

Baltostiller wrote:
It's a good thing Tomlin is having more influence on the defense this year. Otherwise Mike Hilton would not have had perfect coverage on Steven Nelson on this play.

Just simple miscommunication. They’ll straighten this out in a couple years...no worries.
Aviators is on it...
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:31 am 

What an embarrassment! Hilton covering Nelson and the entire offensive line except the center offsides. If I called these fucking clowns the Keystone Cops, it would be an egregious insult to the Keystone Cops.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:09 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:

Obviously Tomlin wasn't kidding about not being prepared for prime time.
Keystone cops indeed, Jack.

Quote:
Teryl Austin 2020! Not for the Presidency, no, something more important than that...
...to be our new Defensive Coordinator!!!

Tom and the Patriots can make any defense look bad even one commanded by 'ol Teryl.
Hopefully better days ahead. Go Steelers!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:50 pm 

I defended Tomlin when I believed criticism was silly and over the top. But past few seasons? He has failed.

This team should've been 13-3 strolling into the playoffs last season.

Yet it isn't why?

Lack of discipline not just giving up a slew dumb pens to kill drives or extend drives for opposing offenses. I wish it was just that. The break down in coverages has been chronic for 5-6 seasons now. 2 of Pats TDs? Were gifts because PS can't deal with deep routes between the numbers in cover 2. Couple that with free release on that deep route? You get Kelly and Edmunds lost in the middle of the field while a JAG WR sprints by them. Instead of forcing young players to identify who to carry up the field? Slow that route down at the LOS. If our safeties have to guess? Pray the opposing QB makes a bad throw or it is 6. To play a cover 2 you need experienced DBs that can communicate on the fly and make the right decision in the moment.

Not recognizing routes Pats milk to death. Game in game out, James White on an underneath crosser to the sideline on 3rd down. Gee never seen that before. So why play a 3rd down scheme that forces Mark Barron to run the length of the field to get to White while fighting through an obvious pick route? Here is a thought. identify the pick routes Pats will use to create space for White and press them at the LOS. Fuck up the timing. If Barron doesn't have to run around a DB/WR? He might actually make the play. See 3rd down on goal line. Hell try to hit White at the LOS. At very least it slows him down.

Keep Hargrave on the field on 3rd down. If he needs a break on run downs? Shade tree can give him one. Hargrave gave Mason and Pats center fits regularly. At one point he pancaked Mason. You get pressure up the middle on Brady? He is forced to move in the pocket and give time for Watt to get home.

Being dumb on offense. Really fucking dumb.

Vance Macdonald is not a pro bowler but when healthy he is a very good move TE. He saw his first target when the game was done. What the fuck? Pats LBers are not great in coverage but you can sure make them look that way by never targeting them. Plus you target Macdonald early? Suddenly that safety hesitates shading over to JuJu. Conner has more space underneath.

Instead? They tried to force to Moncrief. All game. Moncrief killed drives. It was beyond frustrating. How the fuck can an OC keep calling plays for a WR that simply cannot catch the ball? Johnson showed more in a one snap than Moncrief did the entire game. If PS simply target others? They likely make this a game.

Swtizer. The offense has found their version of Chickillo. Good grief. Eli Rogers has more wiggle and quickness, easily. Johnson in that role against Pats 3 and 4th CBs would have been very interesting. Plus Switzer as a returner is a fair catch robot.

Run game. Use the damn full back. Time and again Pat LBer came through gaps unblocked to stop run plays dead. No point running when Ben sees 7 or less in box if you leave a defender unblocked. Those lame as fuck pitches were so damn predictable, slow to develop and easy to defend. Force that LBer to get around Nix. Give Conner/JS a chance to make a play.

PS OC heard of a RB screen? Pats were blitzing (losing Flowers means their pass rush is meh) a lot. Ok, cool, let them. Give Ben an easy out. You run one successful screen early in the game? That blitz, blitz and blitz again? Gets far harder. Not once. Just draw up another slow developing 7 yard curl for Moncrief.

4th down in red zone. Cowardly and that in many ways sums up the game plan: cowardly.

I mentioned during the game Ravens give Pats fits. Why? They play aggressively. Yes it can leak some big plays but one of the best ways to deal with Brady? Is fuck his offense up by playing physical at the LOS and everywhere else. Prime example: Ravens blitz and play shallow zone on 3rd down. Which means even if Brady gets ball to White he has to break a tackle to convert. The blitzer forces a quicker throw and often disrupts the timing of the play. How often did PS send Hilton? The best DB blitzer on the team? That blitz also forces White to at least chip and sometimes stay in & block.

If you're playing the Pats and continually reacting to what they do and not forcing them to adjust to what you're doing? You're going to get smoked.

Even on offense. The Ravens play physical. Run right at pats with a full back. Attack their LBers in coverage. Use screens to slow Pats down. The Ravens did this successfully with Joe fucking Flacco and a cast of meh at the skill positions.

Piss poor personnel decisions. Skipper, skips to the Giants. Chickillo provides Pats a slow moving blocking dummy. Spencer gets snagged, Switzer looks like Edelman with concrete shoes and a walker.

Tomlin should be on the hot seat. As you should Butler. PS were woefully unprepared, passive and sluggish. It was embarrassing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 pm 

steelclan wrote:
I defended Tomlin when I believed criticism was silly and over the top. But past few seasons? He has failed.

Yet it isn't why?

Lack of discipline not just giving up a slew dumb pens to kill drives or extend drives for opposing offenses. I wish it was just that. The break down in coverages has been chronic for 5-6 seasons now. 2 of Pats TDs? Were gifts because PS can't deal with deep routes between the numbers in cover 2. Couple that with free release on that deep route? You get Kelly and Edmunds lost in the middle of the field while a JAG WR sprints by them. Instead of forcing young players to identify who to carry up the field? Slow that route down at the LOS. If our safeties have to guess? Pray the opposing QB makes a bad throw or it is 6. To play a cover 2 you need experienced DBs that can communicate on the fly and make the right decision in the moment.

Not recognizing routes Pats milk to death. Game in game out, James White on an underneath crosser to the sideline on 3rd down. Gee never seen that before. So why play a 3rd down scheme that forces Mark Barron to run the length of the field to get to White while fighting through an obvious pick route? Here is a thought. identify the pick routes Pats will use to create space for White and press them at the LOS. Fuck up the timing. If Barron doesn't have to run around a DB/WR? He might actually make the play. See 3rd down on goal line. Hell try to hit White at the LOS. At very least it slows him down.

Keep Hargrave on the field on 3rd down. If he needs a break on run downs? Shade tree can give him one. Hargrave gave Mason and Pats center fits regularly. At one point he pancaked Mason. You get pressure up the middle on Brady? He is forced to move in the pocket and give time for Watt to get home.

Being dumb on offense. Really fucking dumb.

Vance Macdonald is not a pro bowler but when healthy he is a very good move TE. He saw his first target when the game was done. What the fuck? Pats LBers are not great in coverage but you can sure make them look that way by never targeting them. Plus you target Macdonald early? Suddenly that safety hesitates shading over to JuJu. Conner has more space underneath.

Instead? They tried to force to Moncrief. All game. Moncrief killed drives. It was beyond frustrating. How the fuck can an OC keep calling plays for a WR that simply cannot catch the ball? Johnson showed more in a one snap than Moncrief did the entire game. If PS simply target others? They likely make this a game.

Swtizer. The offense has found their version of Chickillo. Good grief. Eli Rogers has more wiggle and quickness, easily. Johnson in that role against Pats 3 and 4th CBs would have been very interesting. Plus Switzer as a returner is a fair catch robot.

Run game. Use the damn full back. Time and again Pat LBer came through gaps unblocked to stop run plays dead. No point running when Ben sees 7 or less in box if you leave a defender unblocked. Those lame as fuck pitches were so damn predictable, slow to develop and easy to defend. Force that LBer to get around Nix. Give Conner/JS a chance to make a play.

PS OC heard of a RB screen? Pats were blitzing (losing Flowers means their pass rush is meh) a lot. Ok, cool, let them. Give Ben an easy out. You run one successful screen early in the game? That blitz, blitz and blitz again? Gets far harder. Not once. Just draw up another slow developing 7 yard curl for Moncrief.

4th down in red zone. Cowardly and that in many ways sums up the game plan: cowardly.

I mentioned during the game Ravens give Pats fits. Why? They play aggressively. Yes it can leak some big plays but one of the best ways to deal with Brady? Is fuck his offense up by playing physical at the LOS and everywhere else. Prime example: Ravens blitz and play shallow zone on 3rd down. Which means even if Brady gets ball to White he has to break a tackle to convert. The blitzer forces a quicker throw and often disrupts the timing of the play. How often did PS send Hilton? The best DB blitzer on the team? That blitz also forces White to at least chip and sometimes stay in & block.

If you're playing the Pats and continually reacting to what they do and not forcing them to adjust to what you're doing? You're going to get smoked.

Even on offense. The Ravens play physical. Run right at pats with a full back. Attack their LBers in coverage. Use screens to slow Pats down. The Ravens did this successfully with Joe fucking Flacco and a cast of meh at the skill positions.

Piss poor personnel decisions. Skipper, skips to the Giants. Chickillo provides Pats a slow moving blocking dummy. Spencer gets snagged, Switzer looks like Edelman with concrete shoes and a walker.

Tomlin should be on the hot seat. As you should Butler. PS were woefully unprepared, passive and sluggish. It was embarrassing.

x1000

You think it’s possible the Steelers are way better than what we saw, but the coaches don’t give a shit about that game because it will not make or break our season?

Based on what I watched, I’m kinda now leaning towards that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:22 pm 

Quote:
You think it’s possible the Steelers are way better than what we saw, but the coaches don’t give a shit about that game because it will not make or break our season?

Based on what I watched, I’m kinda now leaning towards that.

No...that’s letting letting their ineptness off the hook.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:29 pm 

steelclan wrote:
I'm sorry, but I didn't read your entire post. I read this and it occurred to me you've ignored entirely the AB saga in the last few (3-4) seasons.

First Haley, BR, and then Brown. What if Tomlin spent a good portion of his time playing babysitter for the resident asshole(s)? It's been widely reported that Haley was thrust upon him. Many have concluded that tomlin did a great job of keeping the douchebags under wraps, and not allowing shenanigans to become public. So if you defended him before the last three seasons, why not consider context?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:35 pm 

https://deadspin.com/the-cowboys-look-fun-as-hell-1838044163

I’ll leave this here. DAL vs NYG was the afternoon game in my area so I watched almost all of it and was blown away by how effective and well designed the Cowboys offense looked. Prescott has always seemed like a fringe QB to me in terms of talent but kudos to Kellen Moore (former BSU QB and old QB coach for Dallas) for running some damn cool plays on Sunday against admittedly a pretty poor Giants team.

Teams like Dallas, KC, LAR and LAC are running/designing some really cool offenses. Can someone please talk me off of the ledge and tell me Fitchner has this kind of stuff in him? Because I think the Pats and the teams just mentioned designed some nifty stuff and have been rolling with that for years, and I’m pretty sure this is the kind of offense that wins games these days. That boring ass vanilla bullshit we saw from the Steelers on Sunday night is fucking bush league and is too easy to defend. I know Ben threw for 5000+ last season but we need to get creative with MBC gone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 pm 

Our offense has long been dependent on a man beating his man. We don’t scheme as much as we benefit from fielding more talent than a defense can defend.

When we don’t win one on one match-ups we lose and look really bad doing so.

NE is the polar opposite. They scheme guys open and Brady is an expert at finding that guy.

So it doesn’t matter if it’s Randy Moss, Julian Edelman, or Joe Blow pulled off the street. They have a place to run to (by scheme) and they do their job.

Their staff also (and obviously) spends ample time studying their opponent so they know exactly where the soft spots are.

We get by week in and week out with a guy like AB bearing his man. When he isn’t here we ask the next guy to beat that man. The standard and all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm 

steelclan wrote:

Yet it isn't why?

I like the cut of your jib.

Excellent stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:42 pm 

steelclan wrote:

Yet it isn't why?

Players have to make the easy plays they should make
Cleve and Oak are wins the kickers gave away
Denver a missed kick AGAIN ....Grimble on a questionable fumble .....AB quits on his route interception

KC is a different game at the end too

Without a doubt 11-5.....pretty easily 12-4 ......possible 13-3.....vs 9-6-1

What do you expect Tomlin/coaches to do ?? Push a magic button ??

ALOT of what gets posted here isnt factual or realistic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:38 pm 

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
steelclan wrote:

Yet it isn't why?

Denver a missed kick AGAIN ....Grimble on a questionable fumble .....AB quits on his route interception

LMFAO...

One could also say that coaches have to make the easy decisions they should make.

One easy decision would be to get your starting QB back into the tight game rather than let him waltz the sidelines with a backwards cap on for a couple of series he could have played in.

An even easier decision was to call a timeout when Derek Carr hit the pass that put the Raiders at 1st & goal from the 7. Instead dipshit sat and watched as the Raiders (in no fucking hurry at all) let time bleed off the clock.

The Raiders had their own time out in pocket. They didn’t use it and rightfully so. Sayvwjt you want about Gruden but he knew damn well his best chance at victory was to score that TD while leaving as little time on the clock as possible.

Tomlin (ever the gullible fool) played right into it. Let the time tick off. Too fucking dumb and unaware to realize his own best chance of winning was to preserve as much time as possible for his own offense in the event the Raiders score thy go ahead TD.

We came home with L and a a timeout still in pocket. Maybe dummy thinks he can use it somewhere this season.

You really want to place the Oakland loss at the feet of a kicker that’s struggled all year? If so that’s an even bigger indictment against Jibba Jabba.

You can’t control the outcome of a FG attempt. You sure as shit can control the game clock when you have time outs in pocket. Sure would have been nice to give Ben another 45 seconds or so to work with.

Maybe then they don’t have to rush a shaky kicker out to make a last second attempt on a sloppy field.

If this is the type of lame opinion you are bringing back to the board then your post aren’t even worth responding to.

You are seriously trolling at this point by citing that Oakland game and laying the blame on a guy that struggled to make kicks all year instead of the idiot HC that creates the very situation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:13 pm 

955876 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:
steelclan wrote:

Yet it isn't why?

LMFAO...

One could also say that coaches have to make the easy decisions they should make.

One easy decision would be to get your starting QB back into the tight game rather than let him waltz the sidelines with a backwards cap on for a couple of series he could have played in.

An even easier decision was to call a timeout when Derek Carr hit the pass that put the Raiders at 1st & goal from the 7. Instead dipshit sat and watched as the Raiders (in no fucking hurry at all) let time bleed off the clock.

The Raiders had their own time out in pocket. They didn’t use it and rightfully so. Sayvwjt you want about Gruden but he knew damn well his best chance at victory was to score that TD while leaving as little time on the clock as possible.

Tomlin (ever the gullible fool) played right into it. Let the time tick off. Too fucking dumb and unaware to realize his own best chance of winning was to preserve as much time as possible for his own offense in the event the Raiders score thy go ahead TD.

We came home with L and a a timeout still in pocket. Maybe dummy thinks he can use it somewhere this season.

You really want to place the Oakland loss at the feet of a kicker that’s struggled all year? If so that’s an even bigger indictment against Jibba Jabba.

You can’t control the outcome of a FG attempt. You sure as shit can control the game clock when you have time outs in pocket. Sure would have been nice to give Ben another 45 seconds or so to work with.

Maybe then they don’t have to rush a shaky kicker out to make a last second attempt on a sloppy field.

If this is the type of lame opinion you are bringing back to the board then your post aren’t even worth responding to.

You are seriously trolling at this point by citing that Oakland game and laying the blame on a guy that struggled to make kicks all year instead of the idiot HC that creates the very situation.

SteelerDayTrader wrote:
955876 wrote:
SteelerDayTrader wrote:

You get too worked up over small debatable details. Lol.

I’m curious what you consider a “small debatable detail”?

Example?

You are one of those guys who will NEVER admit they are even the SLIGHTEST bit wrong about ANYTHING. Lol.

And you will go back and forth about it FOREVER. Lol.

So I will leave the many examples out there in the universe and hope that when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 pm 

I addition to the above 95 ^^^^^^

Youd be the FIRST RMF here to be ALL OVER Tomlin had Ben returned and played poorly with an injury or gotten injured worse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:41 pm 

Bullshit.

Just like everything else you’ve posted.

And ya, I’ll go on about something. Particularly when I’m grounded in what I’m debating.

You try to do the same. Debate my actual points.

You can’t. And you can’t because the non-timeout is literally indefensible.

You are as big a fraud as Tomlin is STD.

Oh wait, should I say SDT. Now you are Steel DayTrader.

Different name, same fraud.

You wouldn’t know a bid from an ask or a put from a call.

A fraud. Just like the coach you defend.

Get your jabs in now because you are quickly relegating yourself to the “not worth the time” bin.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 pm 

Your right 95. About everything. All the time. Never ever even the slightest bit wrong. I bow to your decades of unending and unquestionable genius and forethought and backthought on everything in the entire Steeler universe.

Good day sir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 pm 

Instead of trying to get low brow cheap shots at me why don’t you simply try to debate my point or support your own?

Oh wait, you can’t. Just as full of hot fucking air as Jibba Jabba is.

All sizzle and no steak.

All hat and no cowboy.

If I offend it’s because I am actually right and have no problem telling you so I’m a matter of fact way.

Debate the content of my post or piss off back to the hole (or mommy’s basement) you crawled out of.

Fraud ass weirdo...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next