It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15548
Glad to hear of all the upgrades/updates. Sounds awesome. Thank you seems so minimal but for now until there's a donate feature. Thank You to all that make this site happen. Thank you to all those that subscribe and make this site the best on the net.

Just for context. I was able to finally quit smoking over 2 years ago. One of the more challenging processes I've had to deal with. Cold turkey was the only tool in the box at the time. That and a pack of cigarettes costing $9 a pack....

Then more recently, I quit sugar. Not natural sugar like from fruits, veggies and other natural sugars [honey]. Refined sugar. Now that was some seriously difficult shit to quit. I hadn't realized just how addicted I was to refined sugar. Coffee and sugar was my addiction. IMHO, sugar was much more challenging than quitting smoking. Dealing with both was like a boot to the sack.

Last weekend I must have checked in to see if the site was back up and functioning 50 bizillion times. Man, I became anxious and finally started the DT process. My wife even asked me what was wrong. That there was something different about me. I told her the site was down and I didn't know if it would be back up. She had an expression of alarm and said, don't worry sweety they'll get it going again. I told her I am counting on it.

So, I quit smoking. I quit sugar. I don't know that I can quit Fury. That was the worst I've felt not having our discussion forum. Lost..., even a little disoriented is the best adjective I can use to describe it. Long Live Steelerfury!

Go Steelers!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am
Posts: 2715
Thanks B2B.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
tunch wrote:
You'll get my Brave browser tithe as soon as this site signs up for Brave payments.

Thank you for the hard work.

I'm trying to sign up for it but don't know if I can. We shall see.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
Flanker wrote:
Thanks B2B and I will donate as long as it isn't PayPal.

I actually enjoy the drama/trolling/personal attacks but I'm probably in the minority. That is a part of our long history on multiple sites and made for some great entertainment as far as message boards go. :(

Is there a problem with PayPal? What's your preference? You can venmo or chasepay. You can probably apple pay but I'd have to see how to set it up.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 2253
I felt so at odds and cranky not being able to come to SteelerFury and get my fix.

B2B, I will happily donate to the cause, and will try and make it a yearly thing. In terms of PayPal I might know a little something about why Flanker prefers not to deal with them. For me it was two-fold, how they treated me and how they treated others. PayPal has unfortunately joined, for lack of a better term, the Culture War, they are actually going after some people who do not line up with certain political beliefs, or idealogical, and terminating their service. There were a number of creators that used Patreon and had their followers use PayPal to make donations to them. Then Patreon got political, started to ban certain creators they deemed unworthy, so these creators moved on to SubscribeStar and their followers thought they could use PayPal to donate to them, but PayPal then decided to not allow people to use their service with SubscribeStar. There was outrage and even some people looking to file some sort of suit, it is getting ugly. I can sadly see a time where parallel systems of banks, payment systems are set up for people on the left and people on the right, those for democrats and those for republicans, those for liberals and those for conservatives.

On a personal level, I still use PayPal reluctantly, but the experiences I have had with them in the past year has been really troubling and I try and limit my use of them.

_________________
Teryl Austin 2020! Not for the Presidency, no, something more important than that...
...to be our new Defensive Coordinator!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1820
Thanks B2B, and to everyone who makes SteelerFury the best place to talk Steelers football.

Appreciate all the hard work you do and would love to help contribute as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
Scunge wrote:
I felt so at odds and cranky not being able to come to SteelerFury and get my fix.

B2B, I will happily donate to the cause, and will try and make it a yearly thing. In terms of PayPal I might know a little something about why Flanker prefers not to deal with them. For me it was two-fold, how they treated me and how they treated others. PayPal has unfortunately joined, for lack of a better term, the Culture War, they are actually going after some people who do not line up with certain political beliefs, or idealogical, and terminating their service. There were a number of creators that used Patreon and had their followers use PayPal to make donations to them. Then Patreon got political, started to ban certain creators they deemed unworthy, so these creators moved on to SubscribeStar and their followers thought they could use PayPal to donate to them, but PayPal then decided to not allow people to use their service with SubscribeStar. There was outrage and even some people looking to file some sort of suit, it is getting ugly. I can sadly see a time where parallel systems of banks, payment systems are set up for people on the left and people on the right, those for democrats and those for republicans, those for liberals and those for conservatives.

On a personal level, I still use PayPal reluctantly, but the experiences I have had with them in the past year has been really troubling and I try and limit my use of them.

Well, I'm sympathetic to the above... but I've just spent time researching alternatives and my report is: Man, it's bleak!

I'm working on a Skrill/Shopify/Strip[e solution that will also work for an online store. As I said, you can also Venmo, ChasePay, GooglePay, or send a check for my business account. I'll try to accommodate as many needs as possible and hopefully make it easy. Will update ASAP.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4592
Thanks B2B and all the others that chip in to keep this site running. It's really the only place I go to for Steelers related stuff. I've enjoyed the banter over the years with everyone here.

I'll gladly donate for your guys efforts.

_________________
AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4592
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Flanker wrote:
Thanks B2B and I will donate as long as it isn't PayPal.

I actually enjoy the drama/trolling/personal attacks but I'm probably in the minority. That is a part of our long history on multiple sites and made for some great entertainment as far as message boards go. :(

Is there a problem with PayPal? What's your preference? You can venmo or chasepay. You can probably apple pay but I'd have to see how to set it up.


Venmo or Apple Pay. My PayPal account literally closed last week from inactivity.

_________________
AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm
Posts: 529
Happy to donate with Paypal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
jewelsongs wrote:
Happy to donate with Paypal.

Upper left hand corner:
http://steelerfurypodcast.com

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
StillerInCT wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Flanker wrote:
Thanks B2B and I will donate as long as it isn't PayPal.

I actually enjoy the drama/trolling/personal attacks but I'm probably in the minority. That is a part of our long history on multiple sites and made for some great entertainment as far as message boards go. :(

Is there a problem with PayPal? What's your preference? You can venmo or chasepay. You can probably apple pay but I'd have to see how to set it up.


Venmo or Apple Pay. My PayPal account literally closed last week from inactivity.

check your PM

those of you who have my phone number from draft texts... that's my venmo account.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
Also, if anyone would like to sponsor the site and/or the podcast, now is an excellent time to get a deal. We're rocking between 1-3 K downloads per week with the podcast, and that's with limited marketing. We used to be in the 10-12K range, when there were fewer options. Probably could get back to that if we went daily... but I would also die. Anyway, I'm sure someone out there will find that a worthwhile audience.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:11 am
Posts: 86
I guess politics is in everything now.
But anyway it's just like a bank that can draw from or give to your bank.
What's Brave Payments


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
fritzthecat wrote:
I guess politics is in everything now.
But anyway it's just like a bank that can draw from or give to your bank.
What's Brave Payments

If you use Brave browser, it donates some of your fee to registered sites you visit.

One thing I can tell you about banks and money: none of it is clean or politics free.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:15 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm
Posts: 529
bradshaw2ben wrote:
jewelsongs wrote:
Happy to donate with Paypal.

Upper left hand corner:
http://steelerfurypodcast.com


Done


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
jewelsongs wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
jewelsongs wrote:
Happy to donate with Paypal.

Upper left hand corner:
http://steelerfurypodcast.com


Done

cheers, and thank you

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
I just looked at the paypal donations and you guys are generous, thanks a million.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1820
I have PayPal how do you donate?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18475
Hinestuff wrote:
I have PayPal how do you donate?

go to: [url]steelerfurypodcast.com[/url]
look in the upper right corner for the button

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15548
I don't have a paypal account. What's the process without a paypal account?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 2961
Steelafan77 wrote:
I don't have a paypal account. What's the process without a paypal account?


well if you just email me your credit card info and your address and full name I will sort it for you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

just kidding.

_________________
#DoItForDrake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15548
Don't you want to wait till after I hit the Lottery? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1820
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:
I have PayPal how do you donate?

go to: [url]steelerfurypodcast.com[/url]
look in the upper right corner for the button


Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SteelerFury News
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 601
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Flanker wrote:
Thanks B2B and I will donate as long as it isn't PayPal.

I actually enjoy the drama/trolling/personal attacks but I'm probably in the minority. That is a part of our long history on multiple sites and made for some great entertainment as far as message boards go. :(

Is there a problem with PayPal? What's your preference? You can venmo or chasepay. You can probably apple pay but I'd have to see how to set it up.


Excellent post, B2B. I use my PayPal for business only, but will set up a Venmo account and make a contribution this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GreekSteel, jewelsongs, LakecrestSteeler, Majestic-12 [Bot], RemoAZ, SteelBull, swissvale72 and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group