It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Losing Your Best WR but Getting Better
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:59 pm 

I think what KC is saying is that the INTs weren't really a big deal in that game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 pm 

TB wrote:
Lynch wrote:
KC wrote:

Not many.

For instance, when you look at the Jacksonville home loss.

Ben had 2 very unfortunate INT's. One was a Pick Six. The other was pretty close.

Let's say you give Jacksonville 14 points directly on Ben.

The Steelers offense, nearly exclusively behind Roethlisberger's passing, SCORED 42 FUCKING POINTS.

Explain to me how that loss is on Ben?

Aint sayin' that one's all on him, but... Do you think Brady would have thrown those pics?

Do you think New England's D would have given up 5 TDs against the Jags playing at home? 5 TDs in 5 red zone trips, let the Jags average over 8 yards a pass and convert 8 of 14 from third down? 0 sacks and 0 turnovers on defense in 61 offensive plays ran by the Jags?

That Jax game probably features 2 or 3 of the best 20-30 plays of Big Ben's career. I'm talking other-worldly plays.

BINGO.

OUR FUCKING DEFENSE GOT OWNED, AT FUCKING HOME, BY BLAKE FUCKING BORTLES.

Lynch....say that quietly to yourself a few times.

Blake Bortles. Owned us in Heinz Field.

Over and over.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:02 pm 

Ice wrote:
I think what KC is saying is that the INTs weren't really a big deal in that game.

Exactly.

When Blake Bortles destroys you and Fournette and the Jags running game embarrasses you, well......you're fucked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:06 pm 

KC wrote:
Ice wrote:
Said this in another thread, but the Steelers also didn't draft Washington in the 2nd round because they wanted to upgrade Eli Rogers. They began acquiring pieces to compensate for the loss of Brown earlier than this offseason. Johnson, Washington and Moncrief can, between them, likely match that production.

Those guys should be VERY good this year, but I also expect to see Jaylen Samuels run plenty of routes as a receiver this year, ala Bell.

Zero doubt in my mind we will see Samuels on the field whether Conner is behind Ben, or Snell is behind Ben.

Samuels will become a SERIOUS FUCKING WEAPON as a receiver in 2019.

It's going to be SWITZER, not Samuels in the role you speak. But I do contend that brown will not be missed (so long as Mac is healthy).

TD:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:08 pm 

KC wrote:

Do you think New England's D would have given up 5 TDs against the Jags playing at home? 5 TDs in 5 red zone trips, let the Jags average over 8 yards a pass and convert 8 of 14 from third down? 0 sacks and 0 turnovers on defense in 61 offensive plays ran by the Jags?

That Jax game probably features 2 or 3 of the best 20-30 plays of Big Ben's career. I'm talking other-worldly plays.

BINGO.

OUR FUCKING DEFENSE GOT OWNED, AT FUCKING HOME, BY BLAKE FUCKING BORTLES.

Lynch....say that quietly to yourself a few times.

Blake Bortles. Owned us in Heinz Field.

Over and over.[/quote]

I know i know. I saw it. didn't like it. at all.

TD:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:09 pm 

TB wrote:
Lynch wrote:
KC wrote:

Not many.

Ben had 2 very unfortunate INT's. One was a Pick Six. The other was pretty close.

The Steelers offense, nearly exclusively behind Roethlisberger's passing, SCORED 42 FUCKING POINTS.

Aint sayin' that one's all on him, but... Do you think Brady would have thrown those pics?

https://youtu.be/4ko6HUnB6t4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:15 pm 

Guys were talking about one game here. One game he threw a few pics in. How many others were one turnover away from victory? I confess I feel dirty talking about the dude like this, but comparing him to Brady? Brady doesn't throw those pics, or the multitude of other pics that have ended seasons for us.

TD:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 pm 

Lynch wrote:
KC wrote:
Ice wrote:
Said this in another thread, but the Steelers also didn't draft Washington in the 2nd round because they wanted to upgrade Eli Rogers. They began acquiring pieces to compensate for the loss of Brown earlier than this offseason. Johnson, Washington and Moncrief can, between them, likely match that production.

Those guys should be VERY good this year, but I also expect to see Jaylen Samuels run plenty of routes as a receiver this year, ala Bell.

Zero doubt in my mind we will see Samuels on the field whether Conner is behind Ben, or Snell is behind Ben.

Samuels will become a SERIOUS FUCKING WEAPON as a receiver in 2019.

It's going to be SWITZER, not Samuels in the role you speak. But I do contend that brown will not be missed (so long as Mac is healthy).

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Switzer get cut this preseason.

If he plays like he did for most of last season, he SHOULD get cut.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:32 pm 

Who else here is imagining a certain poster up in New England on the fringes of this thread saying "I won't post...I won't post...I won't post...oh fuck it GODDAMIT YOU ASSHAT DULLARDS!"

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:35 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Who else here is imagining a certain poster up in New England on the fringes of this thread saying "I won't post...I won't post...I won't post...oh fuck it GODDAMIT YOU ASSHAT DULLARDS!"

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:04 pm 

KC wrote:

It isn't going to happen dude. He will play an integral part in this offense. He's what they had been searching for in Piss Rainey, Peepee Archer etc.

TD:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 pm 

Lynch wrote:
KC wrote:

It isn't going to happen dude. He will play an integral part in this offense. He's what they had been searching for in Piss Rainey, Peepee Archer etc.

Samuels can both run and catch. He’s a far better receiver than a runner and will be on the field plenty.

Switzer got worse and worse as the season went on.

Even as a returner, he was beyond meh.

You can believe Switzer’s a lock.

I saw zero out of him that tells me Switz is a keeper.

Zero.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 pm 

Well, regardless of what you saw, I'm telling you he is going to play a MAJOR part in this offense. They've been looking for this dude for years.

TD:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:32 pm 

I'll buy that he was a little nicked up as last season wore on, but it's not like he's ever been much special throughout his career. At best, I think he's a placeholder for the Steelers until they feel like they can trust Johnson on KR/PR. The rest of what he does can already be done by more talented alternatives.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:37 pm 

Ice wrote:
I'll buy that he was a little nicked up as last season wore on, but it's not like he's ever been much special throughout his career. At best, I think he's a placeholder for the Steelers until they feel like they can trust Johnson on KR/PR. The rest of what he does can already be done by more talented alternatives.

I don't think this is true. Why was the fucker catching all those short passes on 3rd and 5 or whatever? He was open, that's why. The dude can get open in little to no space. Samauels doesn't have that short area shake, and neither does anyone else.

TD:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:41 pm 

It's pretty easy to scheme someone open for a 5 yard route. Particularly someone the opposing DC knows can't get much after the catch, or is any real threat in any way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:50 pm 

Ice wrote:
It's pretty easy to scheme someone open for a 5 yard route. Particularly someone the opposing DC knows can't get much after the catch, or is any real threat in any way.

On 3rd & 5??? Is it really that easy to just... draw up and poof, it works?

TD:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
https://youtu.be/4ko6HUnB6t4

Such a shame that Martavis Bryant kid can't stay clean, the Steelers could have been really dangerous with Brown, Juju, and Bryant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:11 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Ice wrote:

You take the coverage away using players the opposing coordinator is actually worried about, and there's your 5 yards. Your boy Brady has been doing it for quite some time, as well, except with receivers who can actually get a yard or two after the catch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:43 pm 

Ice wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Ice wrote:

You take the coverage away using players the opposing coordinator is actually worried about, and there's your 5 yards. Your boy Brady has been doing it for quite some time, as well, except with receivers who can actually get a yard or two after the catch.

Well shit. If only these millions dollar salaried coaches knew this, they'd all be converting on 3rd down like Switz.

TD:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:59 am 

KC wrote:
Not many.

Well you see when you take away Willie Parker's long runs then he is not that good. You can't take away the fact that he was directly the reason that the team was down 14 points. Yes the other guys get paid as well but Ben is supposed to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league. It is not like we thought that D was a shutdown D going into the game. Did they suck? Yes, yes they did but that is where Ben and all the offensive pieces were supposes to carry the team. Instead we have jackasses talking about NE before we got there (including the coach) similar to the Superbowl video in 94 and the team arranging for hotels before we won.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:49 am 

Ice wrote:

Well Eli Rogers sure as fuck can't do it

I don't care if it's Switzer or Pee Wee Herman...there's value in a slot guy playing the Welker role in any offense

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 am 

Ideally, I'd like it to be Johnson, who can take that 5 yarder, if he's got a little space, and make you pay.

Or, as KC mentioned, Jaylen Samuels.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:12 am 

stillthere wrote:
KC wrote:
Not many.

Well you see when you take away Willie Parker's long runs then he is not that good. You can't take away the fact that he was directly the reason that the team was down 14 points. Yes the other guys get paid as well but Ben is supposed to be one of the top 5 QB's in the league. It is not like we thought that D was a shutdown D going into the game. Did they suck? Yes, yes they did but that is where Ben and all the offensive pieces were supposes to carry the team. Instead we have jackasses talking about NE before we got there (including the coach) similar to the Superbowl video in 94 and the team arranging for hotels before we won.

Ben and the offense carried the team plenty that day.

They put up 42 points.

They gave up 7 directly, 14 if you believe the defense is so shitty they couldn't make a stop to save their lives.

42 points. Gave the Jags 14 (again, 7 if you want to be technical).

At home. In Pittsburgh. In Heinz Field.

Against Blake Bortles.

If you can't trust your defense to give up 30 or less points. At home. To Blake Bortles......c'mon dude.

Then you shouldn't have been in the playoffs anyway.

Embarrassing effort by the defense. Ben's 2 bad plays or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:17 am 

Lynch wrote:
Well shit. If only these millions dollar salaried coaches knew this, they'd all be converting on 3rd down like Switz.

Switz should have JAG on the back of his jersey instead of his last name.

Seriously, I wouldn't get too attached to that dude.

The two guys I would say that REALLY need to have great camps and preseasons? Dobbs and Switzer.

Dobbs' replacement may not be on the roster right now, but some no name QB will likely challenge him.

Switzer's eventual replacement is already on the roster, no matter how much you want to deny it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next