It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:35 pm
Posts: 251
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/on ... li=BBnbfcL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3575
It is less than you might think but their clause that guaranteed his roster bonus and salary for 2020 already ( as of 03/03/2019). They are stuck paying him all through 2020. Then they take the $8.4M hit to cut him.

It sure did teach the other teams about paying RBs.

_________________
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people."
--Doris Egan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18343
Quote:
We've known for a while now that the passing game wins games, but the mounting evidence also shows that running backs have little control over the success of a team's running game. Offensive line play and play-calling that dictates how many players opposing defenses put in the run box play much larger roles, and the 2018 Rams were a prime example of that being the case.


HELLO.

THIS. THIS times infinity.

Use RBs to their strengths, mix and match, choose guys who can protect the QB and make plays in the passing game. If you pick a RB before Round 5, he'd better be spectacular at something.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24946
All this article does is make me more pissed we didn't grab CJ Anderson when he became available.

Instead we keep doing what we do, and stuck with Ridley whose key fumble contributed to losing at New Orleans.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7534
Jeemie wrote:
All this article does is make me more pissed we didn't grab CJ Anderson when he became available.

Instead we keep doing what we do, and stuck with Ridley whose key fumble contributed to losing at New Orleans.
Back to the fumble blame game?

JuJu's fumble lost that game. There was time after the ridley fumble to counter the ill effect. Not so with JuJu's. . .

But that's one of the few times I'll say one play lost a game. It's almost never just one or two plays, officiating notwithstanding.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24946
COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
All this article does is make me more pissed we didn't grab CJ Anderson when he became available.

Instead we keep doing what we do, and stuck with Ridley whose key fumble contributed to losing at New Orleans.
Back to the fumble blame game?

JuJu's fumble lost that game. There was time after the ridley fumble to counter the ill effect. Not so with JuJu's. . .

But that's one of the few times I'll say one play lost a game. It's almost never just one or two plays, officiating notwithstanding.


Note I said "CONTRIBUTED". I didn't blame Ridley for it. I actually blame Tomlin for taking the foot off the gas.

I should have just stuck with this. CJ Anderson >> Ridley

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 7534
Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
All this article does is make me more pissed we didn't grab CJ Anderson when he became available.

Instead we keep doing what we do, and stuck with Ridley whose key fumble contributed to losing at New Orleans.
Back to the fumble blame game?

JuJu's fumble lost that game. There was time after the ridley fumble to counter the ill effect. Not so with JuJu's. . .

But that's one of the few times I'll say one play lost a game. It's almost never just one or two plays, officiating notwithstanding.


Note I said "CONTRIBUTED". I didn't blame Ridley for it. I actually blame Tomlin for taking the foot off the gas.

I should have just stuck with this. CJ Anderson >> Ridley
Sorry. Not trying to start anything. Just ironic that there was an argument over a conner fumble, and here you're complaining about a ridley fumble. I can't comment on ridley<<<CJ Anderson. You very well may be correct. But it's all moot now that we have, what I think, is a pretty good RB room.

Carry on. . .

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24946
It is a good room.

CJ signed cheap would make it better...and we could have used the Snell pick on someone else.

8-)

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Todd gurley contract already a disaster for the Rams
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4760
Taking the foot off the gas after they could not stop our vertical passing game the entire 3rd quarter with Ben slinging the football at HOF level in the twilight of his career to AB/JuJu who were playing at unstoppable level, with the OL playing at a high level, facing NO in NO with all that was at stake is one of the utter garbage moments in coaching I have ever seen in sports.

A discerning HC looks at last years Steelers talent pool and gives them a better chance to overcome players mistakes.

Tomlin did not allow his highest impact players to continue to do what they do best (the vertical passing game) on our drive up by 4 with 15 min left to play but instead employed "coaching strategy". Puke. Tomlin is an albatross to great offense.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group