It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heading into the Season
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:26 pm 

I thought Rogers looked promising as a wr that one year before the injury, but he did start to suck as a returner as scunge pointed out. I think he was even bobbling the ball and fumbled a time or two if I recall. I had my fill of that bullshit for the rest of my life after Ike and Colclough.

Switz seems dead reliable as a returner. May not be Brown good, but better than Rogers. Switz also is a real threat to carry the football. This has to be useful for ben when using motion to make the D show, and the little fucker really can run the ball. As a slot dude in close quarters, forget about it. Nobody beats the Switz.

TD:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:22 am 

Well, to be fair to Eli Rogers, Antonio Brown was doing his level best to suck at returns too. Brown was picking his spots, sometimes doing things half-heartedly out there on punts, and often times getting penalties because of his half assed celebrations. Remember that one return where he turned around and ran the last 25 yards backwards??

People want to bash Switz but he actually brought some stability and dependability back to the return game. With Brown and Rogers the past few years you never knew what was going to happen. Not making a fair catch when they should, letting the ball bounce and roll, losing precious field position, fumbling, muffing punts. Look all returners will fumble but when it gets the point where Tomlin has such little confidence in you that he has you not even trying to fair catch it??

Cam Sutton was a very good punt returner in college. I don't understand why Tomlin/Smith wouldn't use him instead of Rogers/Brown his rookie year.

Anyway, Switz has a path to a spot on the roster because of his return ability, Rogers does not. What does Rogers do to deserve a spot? Nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:04 am 

Scunge wrote:
Well, to be fair to Eli Rogers, Antonio Brown was doing his level best to suck at returns too. Brown was picking his spots, sometimes doing things half-heartedly out there on punts, and often times getting penalties because of his half assed celebrations. Remember that one return where he turned around and ran the last 25 yards backwards??

People want to bash Switz but he actually brought some stability and dependability back to the return game. With Brown and Rogers the past few years you never knew what was going to happen. Not making a fair catch when they should, letting the ball bounce and roll, losing precious field position, fumbling, muffing punts. Look all returners will fumble but when it gets the point where Tomlin has such little confidence in you that he has you not even trying to fair catch it??

Cam Sutton was a very good punt returner in college. I don't understand why Tomlin/Smith wouldn't use him instead of Rogers/Brown his rookie year.

Anyway, Switz has a path to a spot on the roster because of his return ability, Rogers does not. What does Rogers do to deserve a spot? Nothing.

Switzer can fair catch. He showed absolutely zero as a returner. Zero.

But yes....Switz sure can fair catch a football with the best of them.

:lol:

If Rogers gets a spot over Switzer on the roster, it'll be because he's a better receiver than Switzer......which ain't a difficult proposition at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:06 am 

Lynch wrote:
Switz also is a real threat to carry the football. This has to be useful for ben when using motion to make the D show, and the little fucker really can run the ball.

Not sure if this is a meth problem or a stupidity problem?

Gotta be one or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:24 am 

KC wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Switz also is a real threat to carry the football. This has to be useful for ben when using motion to make the D show, and the little fucker really can run the ball.

The Switzer Scan will tell the tale. I'll have to add rushing and return stats once the season starts, as he is a multifaceted weapon, but I do expect that he'll do the most damage converting 3rd downs much like last year.

TD:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 am 

Lynch wrote:
The Switzer Scan will tell the tale. I'll have to add rushing....

3 yards and a queef of dust

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:05 am 

Hook, line, and sinker... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:47 pm 

KC wrote:
Lynch wrote:

You understand Lynch's schtick on this site, right? You can see the complexion of Switz's skin, right?

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:16 pm 

Ahh geist... That has nothing to do with it man.

TD:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:06 pm 

Lynch wrote:

Really? You actually think Switz is going to come on like Eric Dickerson?

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Lynch wrote:

Really? You actually think Switz is going to come on like Eric Dickerson?

No. But i do think he'll be better able to channel his own inner Eric Dickerson with two healthy ankles. Obviously the two are a little different.

TD:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:56 am 

KC wrote:
Scunge wrote:

If Rogers gets a spot over Switzer on the roster, it'll be because he's a better receiver than Switzer......which ain't a difficult proposition at all.

Dude, I can recall a time where I was sincerely and actively hoping the returner would just run away from the incoming punt as it would increase our chances of winning. The Switz being not only rock steady catching it, but also a real threat to return it is something I can't fail to appreciate.

TD:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:18 am 

Lynch wrote:
KC wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Dude, I can recall a time where I was sincerely and actively hoping the returner would just run away from the incoming punt as it would increase our chances of winning. The Switz being not only rock steady catching it, but also a real threat to return it is something I can't fail to appreciate.

If Switz is a threat as a returner, can you hit me up with some YouTube clips of his dangerous returns.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:39 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-hSAGNtzE

TD:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:41 am 

The weapon will be back to form after surgery.

TD:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 am 

The weapon may get back to being unstoppable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-isUu8fMQY

TD:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:35 pm 

I believe the weapon could actually go a long way in replacing AB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7yoZ0e5QqU

TD:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:27 pm 

KC, from henceforth, I would prefer you to refer to Switz as 'The Weapon'.

TD:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:44 pm 

Lynch wrote:

You’re trying waaay too hard...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:57 pm 

Lynch wrote:

I vote for "Swizzler"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:08 pm 

Lynch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-hSAGNtzE

Great play!

For the Cowboys.

Switzer was active for 16 games last season.

Last year he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Surely he busted some big plays for the Steelers, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:32 pm 

The weapon was in need of surgery.

TD:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:03 am 

Lynch wrote:
KC wrote:
Scunge wrote:

He actually WAS NOT rock steady catching the punt as the season wore on...wasn't even fielding it clean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:51 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Lynch wrote:

I vote for "Swizzler"

Until he screws up and KC switches it to "Jizzler" in the game thread. I'll put the over/under on halftime of Week One on that, and I'm going with the under.

Please, training camp, get here soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:59 am 

The weapon does not turn the football over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imjj16N4DFU

TD:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next