It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 1092
Poltargyst wrote:
Steel Ubaldo wrote:
There are some pretty funny things in this thread (including a Studs Terkel reference) but the above is the funniest of all!!! I literally laughed out loud when I read it! Well done :lol:


I disagree though. KC has definitely been mellower this year than in the past.


Agreed. I think we're all getting old.

_________________
The Switzer Scan 2019
Rec:
Yds:
TD:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Posts: 600
swissvale72 wrote:
KC wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I would love to argue with Swiss on this topic, but the one thing he does bring up where he's 100% correct, is the Mike Tomlin factor. As long as he's head coach, this team's chances of winning another Super Bowl are extremely slim to none.


Mike Tomlin has coached the Steelers the entirety of Fuckface's career.

I loathe Mike Tomlin.

Why then, would it upset Swiss as much as it has that Fuckface is gone, if we weren't going to win a championship while Tomlin is coach anyway?


While my better judgement, immature as I supposedly am, tells me to simply stop responding to the collective asshats on this website, and my friend Hesske has urged me at long last to stop doing so...my giving zero fucks trumps any judgement and maturity I may have accrued over 64 trips around the sun, so....

*Yeah, I'm a little upset that AB is gone. That's because, as I've acknowledged previously, the Dumbfuck Mike Tomlin, he of the Exceedingly Well-Developed Line of Bullshit, generally gets me believing at some point during the season. Then...like that Little Bitch Lucy, he pulls away the football, just as myself, as Charlie Brown, is finally going to kick it through the goalposts, celebrate another Super Bowl win!! So with that in mind, my belief is that this team doesn't make itself better by losing it most talented performers.

*My most pressing point throughout these past nearly five months is not buying the thinking, which yes I've referred to as "delusional" that somehow the Steelers can lose their most talented players (ceding that Ben IS the most talented, most valuable AND the only player without whom the Steelers are absolutely doomed), continue to be coached by the same Dumbfuck, owned by the same Dumberfuck....and somehow be in a better place at season's end.

While I'm at it, a few words about these accusations from the site's pre-eminent pussies like Lipps...y'know the guy that wants to make a "bet" where I pay off if I lose, but get nothing, zero, if I win. And...if I can digress, with you on this KC...what the fuck with these bets where the loser leaves the site. Ya don't want to read what guy has to say, it's as easy as this. DON'T FUCKIN' READ IT!!!

Anyway, the accusations of my name-calling. Everyone who's been on this site for even a little bit, knows that the term "asshats" is one of endearment and goes back to a number of OPs entitled, "What do you asshats...." (look like, do for work, etc.) during the period of PEIS (Post-Euphoric Immersions Syndrome) following the One for the Thumb season of 2005, those heady days following the Steelers return from being lost in the proverbial desert like that mother-fuckin' Abraham (was it Abraham) for 26 years. "Delusional" I think I've already explained as being at least a little bit hyperbolic, not believing that the esteemed asshattery of this site suffers from mental illnesses, though very likely that at least a few of you do so. Referring to some loosely as Dumbfucks or dopes...gee sorry, who was to know that was so offensive? Even there, you for example KC...never said, "KC, you're a dumbfuck" but rather used that vernacular collectively. No, I've reserved the specific name-calling for pussies like Lipps, because...well...it's TRUE.

Anyway...this from, as yet, the only poster who's been referred to as the least mature on this esteemed website. And sorry KC, no one has said that about YOU yet!!


Yinz are cracking me up. Mods, I withdraw my proposal of closure.

I now pause from the laughter that makes a coffee volcano of my nasal passages to correct just this one point, Swiss. It was Moses. And it was 40 years. Now, back to uproarious cackling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6966
Location: Rhode Island (behind enemy lines)
Steelafan77 wrote:
Interesting article from Benz at the Trib...
So, even with the talents of all those "All Pro's/Pro Bowlers"...

Quote:
teams that were always good but rarely great. And never champions. https://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz-th ... s-suggest/


What cracks me up most about this article is the poll asking fans whether they would rather the Steelers have consistent regular season success or a Super Bowl win every 10 years. 37% asshats have actually voted for the regular season success. :lol:

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Considering we've averaged 1.2 Super Bowls/10 years since 1970, while also (late years of Noll notwithstanding) maintaining a consistently winning record (despite some truly dismal QB play during the Cowher years, I might add), I don't see why we can't have both?

I mean, the Penguins have pretty consistently provided solid regular season entertainment, quite literally since shortly after I was born, while stacking five cups in about 30 years. Why can't the Steelers?

Do you really want to experience life as a Florida Marlins/Devil Rays fan?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 1060
Obviously wrote:
I would love to argue with Swiss on this topic, but the one thing he does bring up where he's 100% correct, is the Mike Tomlin factor. As long as he's head coach, this team's chances of winning another Super Bowl are extremely slim to none.


I have to agree here. In the Salary cap era, 1994 forward, only 3 coaches have won a super bowl being with their current team for more than 6 years. Cowher, Coughlin in 2011 and Belichick. As long as coach cool shades is here, the Steelers are screwed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18343
Baltostiller wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I would love to argue with Swiss on this topic, but the one thing he does bring up where he's 100% correct, is the Mike Tomlin factor. As long as he's head coach, this team's chances of winning another Super Bowl are extremely slim to none.


I have to agree here. In the Salary cap era, 1994 forward, only 3 coaches have won a super bowl being with their current team for more than 6 years. Cowher, Coughlin in 2011 and Belichick. As long as coach cool shades is here, the Steelers are screwed.

The same is true of QBs who won once already in their careers. How many last one 11 years prior and then go back and win again?

I can count them on none hands. Should we get rid of Ben, too?

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 1060
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I would love to argue with Swiss on this topic, but the one thing he does bring up where he's 100% correct, is the Mike Tomlin factor. As long as he's head coach, this team's chances of winning another Super Bowl are extremely slim to none.


I have to agree here. In the Salary cap era, 1994 forward, only 3 coaches have won a super bowl being with their current team for more than 6 years. Cowher, Coughlin in 2011 and Belichick. As long as coach cool shades is here, the Steelers are screwed.

The same is true of QBs who won once already in their careers. How many last one 11 years prior and then go back and win again?

I can count them on none hands. Should we get rid of Ben, too?


I see your point but even getting to a super bowl is nearly always a relatively new coach. Message gets old. Plenty of QBs have gotten to Super Bowls years apart. Ben's idol Elway being one of them. It took Reeves getting canned and bringing in Shanahan to win one. Look what happened to Reeves. Change of scenery and gets to a super bowl. Absent a huge change in Tomlin's coaching, I don't think this team gets back. I hope I'm wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5371
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I would love to argue with Swiss on this topic, but the one thing he does bring up where he's 100% correct, is the Mike Tomlin factor. As long as he's head coach, this team's chances of winning another Super Bowl are extremely slim to none.


I have to agree here. In the Salary cap era, 1994 forward, only 3 coaches have won a super bowl being with their current team for more than 6 years. Cowher, Coughlin in 2011 and Belichick. As long as coach cool shades is here, the Steelers are screwed.

The same is true of QBs who won once already in their careers. How many last one 11 years prior and then go back and win again?

I can count them on none hands. Should we get rid of Ben, too?


Ben isn't half the dumbfuck that Tomlin is.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5371
Ice wrote:
Considering we've averaged 1.2 Super Bowls/10 years since 1970, while also (late years of Noll notwithstanding) maintaining a consistently winning record (despite some truly dismal QB play during the Cowher years, I might add), I don't see why we can't have both?

I mean, the Penguins have pretty consistently provided solid regular season entertainment, quite literally since shortly after I was born, while stacking five cups in about 30 years. Why can't the Steelers?

Do you really want to experience life as a Florida Marlins/Devil Rays fan?


I read Jack's article and the poll was one or the other not both. Of course everyone would want both. You have a choice between one or the other. I side with Jack. I would go with a Super Bowl victory every 10 years.

The Rays have never won the World Series.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5371
Ben and DeCastro are looking forward to a season without AB and Bell drama....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... iented-now

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I'm saying the premise of the poll is dumb, Obviously. Why ask Pittsburghers to pick one or the other when we've basically enjoyed both for about 40 years out of two franchises.

The poll should have said a) regular season success, B) postseason success, C) what you already have, you spoiled sons of bitches, which is better than either of the stupid choices I offered.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 528
Greatest thread title in the history of Steeler Fury.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 9381
Obviously wrote:
Ben and DeCastro are looking forward to a season without AB and Bell drama....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... iented-now

You know, without that drama, the Steelers might just be a better team this year.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire

#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am
Posts: 263
There's a lot of people in this thread trying too hard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5371
Ice wrote:
I'm saying the premise of the poll is dumb, Obviously. Why ask Pittsburghers to pick one or the other when we've basically enjoyed both for about 40 years out of two franchises.

The poll should have said a) regular season success, B) postseason success, C) what you already have, you spoiled sons of bitches, which is better than either of the stupid choices I offered.


Maybe you should go to work for the Trib, Ice.

I think spoiled is what Boston/New England has at the moment. Pittsburgh sports is kinda in the crapper comparatively.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Last edited by Obviously on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5371
Steel Drummer wrote:
Greatest thread title in the history of Steeler Fury.


It's great, but there have been far better threads. Cowher to the Chiefs anyone?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 1108
Obviously wrote:
I would love to argue with Swiss on this topic, but the one thing he does bring up where he's 100% correct, is the Mike Tomlin factor. As long as he's head coach, this team's chances of winning another Super Bowl are extremely slim to none.

Precisely!
The rest of this is just an off-season Senior Day Care Center circle jerk...

:roll:

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 2489
Steeledge wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I would love to argue with Swiss on this topic, but the one thing he does bring up where he's 100% correct, is the Mike Tomlin factor. As long as he's head coach, this team's chances of winning another Super Bowl are extremely slim to none.


The rest of this is just an off-season enior Day Care Center circle jerk...

:roll:



Hey, do I go around judging YOUR Wednesday nights? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Obviously wrote:
Ice wrote:
I'm saying the premise of the poll is dumb, Obviously. Why ask Pittsburghers to pick one or the other when we've basically enjoyed both for about 40 years out of two franchises.

The poll should have said a) regular season success, B) postseason success, C) what you already have, you spoiled sons of bitches, which is better than either of the stupid choices I offered.


Maybe you should go to work for the Trib, Ice.

I think spoiled is what Boston/New England has at the moment. Pittsburgh sports is kinda in the crapper comparatively.


I mean, 30 years ago, most Patriots fans were likely New York Giants fans or worried about baseball. The Pens have won more Cups than the Bruins recently, including a very recent back to back. I admit, we're probably not going to make any hay comparing the Pirates to the Sox, but I basically dismiss baseball anyway. It's at the very least comparable, and most sports towns would laugh at that article.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Also, it seems like Pittsburgh sports writers change jobs every couple of years. I like a little more job security.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 8296
Ice wrote:
Also, it seems like Pittsburgh sports writers change jobs every couple of years. I like a little more job security.

Like Pittsburgh Steelers Head Football Coach?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Jobus Rum wrote:
Ice wrote:
Also, it seems like Pittsburgh sports writers change jobs every couple of years. I like a little more job security.

Like Pittsburgh Steelers Head Football Coach?


I mean, with two decades of job security guaranteed at a much higher wage, why not? I didn't graduate from Central or North Catholic, so the FO is probably out of the question.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 5371
Ice wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Ice wrote:
I'm saying the premise of the poll is dumb, Obviously. Why ask Pittsburghers to pick one or the other when we've basically enjoyed both for about 40 years out of two franchises.

The poll should have said a) regular season success, B) postseason success, C) what you already have, you spoiled sons of bitches, which is better than either of the stupid choices I offered.


Maybe you should go to work for the Trib, Ice.

I think spoiled is what Boston/New England has at the moment. Pittsburgh sports is kinda in the crapper comparatively.


I mean, 30 years ago, most Patriots fans were likely New York Giants fans or worried about baseball. The Pens have won more Cups than the Bruins recently, including a very recent back to back. I admit, we're probably not going to make any hay comparing the Pirates to the Sox, but I basically dismiss baseball anyway. It's at the very least comparable, and most sports towns would laugh at that article.


True about Patsies fans but likely 50% of them are young enough to have no idea of their futility pre-2001. And the old-time chowdaheads were spoiled by Celtics championship basketball from Bill Russell to Larry Bird as opposed to one obscure ABA championship and. a Dr. J movie in Pittsburgh. Or do you dismiss the NBA, too?

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
#NoMoTomlin
#BecauseTomlin
#FreeSTD
#Obviously


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 5843
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
If we're talking about Pittsburgh sports, I dismiss the NBA. We don't have a team.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group