It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:34 pm 

Greeting to the many fuckin' idiots who frequent this esteemed website. There are many to whom this label does not apply. You know who you are. Something tells me that the fuckin' idiots and asshats know who they are as well. They're just not able to cease their journey into dumbfuckedness and idiocy, much like the Head Coach and owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Few items of note:
*Some of you, and I'm thinking specifically of the Professor, the man of letters, Still Lit, understand the concept of hyperbole. When I offer that those who believe the Steelers, absent arguably the game's top running back, top receiver and one of the top linebackers, put coached and owned by Dumbfuck and Dumberfuck respectively, are delusional, I don't truly believe that those of you who hold this belief suffer from a mental disorder. Unless of course, the new addition of the DSM contains an entry from dumbfuckedness. Might the Steelers exceed their 2018 record, and win 10 games, perhaps make the playoffs? Sure, i guess it's possible. I believe it's much more possible than they will not. And...it seems to me that those of you predicting a better Steeler team this year, do it for the most unreasonable of reasons...."Steelers will kill it in the draft," "Ben will have a chip on his shoulder," "Tomlin is at this best as an underdog." Got news, fellas. Steelers didn't kill it in the draft, from what I understand, and that other shit is just platitudes.

*Are you serious? You asshats really don't KNOW that Steelers beat the Browns in the opener had not James Connor handed the Clowns 7 points with less than 8 minutes remaining. Now...THAT shit might be truly delusional. I've not done it yet, but I should check the game thread of that day, see if you stupid fucks felt that way then.

*And this is the shit that really seems to upset people...
-Roberto Clemente had alot to say when his teammate, Swissvale's Dick Groat, won the National League MVP.
-Mean Joe Greene had his shit packed in 1974, in his truck, was about to quit. In fact, Joe Greene did quit in some games. He picked up the ball, whipped it into the stands and walked off the field. Did Joe Greene have some "little bitch" in him, too.

*Frenchy Fuqua, on the '74 Steelers:
-'The reality of it is: We were a team full of players that were out of their fuckin' minds. You look at their personalities throughout the team, we all had a problem in life."

*Perhaps the most pronounced fuckin' idiot on this esteemed website, Lipps, thinks its reasonable for me to agree to exit this site (which maybe I'll do anyway) if the Steelers win 10 games or more...yet he's too much a fuckin' pussy to ante up himself. Who knows? Maybe the mods will get sick of this shit and ban me. As I said on Jim Wexell's site years ago, "Been kicked out of better places than this!" (And was promptly banned...but then recruited by Wex to write for his site in 2009).

Anyway, collection of thoughts for you dullards....you know who you are.

Post subject: Re: To the Dullards of Steelerfury.com
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:37 pm 

Point well taken indeed! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:43 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:45 pm 

Soooo, after several weeks of hijacking threads and calling people idiots for believing the Steelers could possibly be better, you concede that it is, indeed a possibility.

Do you understand how much bullshit you could have avoided if you did that from the start, instead of trying to be a condescending asshole and treating every person who disagreed with you like an idiot.

THAT is why I was went after you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:47 pm 

Oh, Swiss. You so crazy.

Never change.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:55 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Soooo, after several weeks of hijacking threads and calling people idiots for believing the Steelers could possibly be better, you concede that it is, indeed a possibility.

Do you understand how much bullshit you could have avoided if you did that from the start, instead of trying to be a condescending asshole and treating every person who disagreed with you like an idiot.

Couple things, lipps. I never said it was impossible for the Steelers to better their record from last year. I have said that the reasons offered for why that would happen we're delusional. With an allowance for a bit of hyperbole, I fervently believe that.

As far as my treating people like idiots, in your case it was quite intentional and done without regret. For you, sir, are the poster boy of idiocy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:15 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Couple things, lipps. I never said it was impossible for the Steelers to better their record from last year. I have said that the reasons offered for why that would happen we're delusional. With an allowance for a bit of hyperbole, I fervently believe that.

As far as my treating people like idiots, in your case it was quite intentional and done without regret. For you, sir, are the poster boy of idiocy.

But see, in the common vernacular, if you tell someone they're delusional for believing something, you are saying it's impossible. Every time you have said it's delusional to think the Steelers will be a better team this year without AB and Bell, I have taken it as you saying it is impossible and I'm sure many others have as well. If you'd just said all along "I don't think the Steelers will be a better team this year without AB Bell, but I could be wrong" I, and I'm sure others, wouldn't have had nearly the desire to debate you.

I see now that you are saying that people who have offered some unlikely scenarios for why the Steelers will be a better team are who you are calling delusional, but that does not mean that there aren't reasonable scenarios for how the Steelers could be a better team this year.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:36 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

But see, in the common vernacular, if you tell someone they're delusional for believing something, you are saying it's impossible. Every time you have said it's delusional to think the Steelers will be a better team this year without AB and Bell, I have taken it as you saying it is impossible and I'm sure many others have as well. If you'd just said all along "I don't think the Steelers will be a better team this year without AB Bell, but I could be wrong" I, and I'm sure others, wouldn't have had nearly the desire to debate you.

I see now that you are saying that people who have offered some unlikely scenarios for why the Steelers will be a better team are who you are calling delusional, but that does not mean that there aren't reasonable scenarios for how the Steelers could be a better team this year.

Look...how many times did I stake out my position, and then added..."I hope I'm wrong." Obviously, if there was a chance I would be wrong, I obviously recognize Steelers could win 10 games, or whatever the fuck is defined by a better season.

I can't help it if this website is populated by fuckers who are not only douchebags, but concrete, overly literal idiots as well.

For the 501st time...my primary position is that the REASON given for Steelers being better...including ridding themselves of a so-called cancer is pie in the sky, fantasy land, letter to Santa type of shit. I'm not buying that Steelers lose this type of talent, remain coached by a fuckin' nitwit, and somehow are improved. We LOSE much more with Antonio Brown gone in terms of production, than we gain by not having any disruption he may have caused.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm 

We might be better this year and we might be worse. Ultimately matters not as...

We have the same stupid fraud parading as a HC.

So whether we crash and burn and end up “worse” or we go 14-2 and end up “better” I think the end result will be the same which unfortunate is an exit from postseason play earlier than we’d all like.

I simply (unfortunately) don’t think Tomlin wins another SB here.

Would be very pleased to be proven wrong.

Justvif the opinion the ONLY debate that matters at present is the one surrounding the HC.

You could replace AB with Rice and the end result might not be different.

We are currently stuck with a guy that routinely gets out schemed and out coached.

Talent doesn’t fix that. Just exposes it.

Will gladly eat shit if the fraud proves me wrong. Just not banking on it happening.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:50 pm 

1) Neither Clemente or Greene ever quit on their team. Ever. Neither forced their way off their respective teams by creating a bullshit story about the face of their franchise, solely to get a bigger contract than the giant contract they had only recently received.

2) Conner, who was starting his first ever NFL game, was outstanding before his one fumble. It was unfortunate but our Hall of Fame QB was, sadly a turnover machine all by his lonesome.

I’m excited as hell for this upcoming season!

Fuck Bell and Brown. Two imbeciles/drama queen bitches.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
We LOSE much more with Antonio Brown gone in terms of production, than we gain by not having any disruption he may have caused.

We will see.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 pm 

Regression to the mean. Steelers were unlucky last year. If they get a bit of luck, Washington/Crief step up, and D is better, then solid playoff position is available.

I think the biggest problem in Swiss’ argument is that he takes last year’s record as indicative of actual talent. I think it undersold the talent. We will see who is right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:15 am 

Swiss getting banned in the offseason would be the equivalent of getting fired on your day off.

I read bits & pieces of this stupid fucking topic, (I say stupid because of the time & energy spent discussing hypothetical scenarios).

That shit happened & there's nothing that will change it. Move on Gents.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:07 am 

KC wrote:
1) Neither Clemente or Greene ever quit on their team. Ever. Neither forced their way off their respective teams by creating a bullshit story about the face of their franchise, solely to get a bigger contract than the giant contract they had only recently received.

2) Conner, who was starting his first ever NFL game, was outstanding before his one fumble. It was unfortunate but our Hall of Fame QB was, sadly a turnover machine all by his lonesome.

Umm...Joe Greene HAD quit...had his shit packed, in his truck, and was only talked into coming back by the fortunate timing of assistant coach Lionel Taylor. In other words; Joe Greene required an intervention.

https://www.si.com/vault/2014/12/29/106 ... 4-steelers

BLEIER: It wasn't a blueprint for a Super Bowl championship season. You think back and you gloss over it—Oh, it was a great season; we made the playoffs. But we [had] some dissension in the locker room. Later in the year Joe [Greene] quit—or threatened to quit.

JOE GREENE: I wanted us to be further along than I thought we were. I became very frustrated at the end of the season, after that Houston game.

Following a 13--10 home loss to the Oilers on Dec. 1, receivers coach Lionel Taylor heard that Greene had announced he was quitting, even going so far as to pack up the contents of his locker. Taylor caught up with the defensive leader outside Three Rivers Stadium, and the two sat in Greene's car, where the emotional veteran vented about his impatience with the team's failure to join the ranks of the AFC's elite. Thanks to Taylor's timely intervention, Greene eventually returned to the locker room.

And, isn't it awful, AB upset about something so trivial as a teammate being voted an award that he coveted. Well...Roberto Clemente did the same fuckin' thing.

Two of the most revered athletes in Pittsburgh history, engaged in stuff similar to the hated Antonio Brown. Has the world turned upside down??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:54 am 

I'd point out that there are significant enough differences between the two "similar" events you keep going on about, but you'd just tell me about the Roberto Clemente picture in your office again. It's basically comparing a toothbrush and a car tire because they're both made of polymers, though.

Keep on rockin' in the free world, man.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:02 am 

Ice wrote:
I'd point out that there are significant enough differences between the two "similar" events you keep going on about, but you'd just tell me about the Roberto Clemente picture in your office again. It's basically comparing a toothbrush and a car tire because they're both made of polymers, though.

Keep on rockin' in the free world, man.

Actually, I wouldn't have, but you go on believing that.

Sure, there's plenty of differences. There is that similarity though...the other similarity being that all three were/are other-worldly performers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:24 am 

Not sure how to take your mention of me in particular, but by delusional I took you to mean irrational which is why I argued, persuasively I think, that the position of the side you disagree with is REASONABLE. Check the thread, you’ll see.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 am 

Lit, I'm pretty sure this has gone way past figuring out motivations and rhetoric, but as a fellow educator, I admire your persistence.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:30 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Not sure how to take your mention of me in particular, but by delusional I took you to mean irrational which is why I argued, persuasively I think, that the position of the side you disagree with is REASONABLE. Check the thread, you’ll see.

Yes, I agree with your assessment, Lit, though your efforts to interpret my thoughts and comments sometimes fell short.

Few things though....

*My sense is that delusional is a few notches escalated from irrational, hence my ceding that my usage of delusional was hyperbolic
*I"m still calling bullshit on the supposed reasonableness of the opposing view. The genesis was this nonsense that "Ben will have a chip on his shoulder," and "Tomlin is better as an underdog."
*Lastly, I'm still not buying that AB's disruption outweighed his productivity prior to the season's final week.

While I'm posting though, gotta say I absolutely with the position staked out by '95....that it probably doesn't matter who the fuck is on the roster because no way is this team winning a Super Bowl with Mike Tomlin as Head Coach. I still contend though that this guys, sort of opposite of Bear Bryant....he needs hisn's AND yourn's in order to win a championship. He can't win with top end talent; he sure as fuck can't win without.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:37 am 

Agreements reached, backs slapped.

Also, I knew that by reading this thread I was self-classifying myself as a dullard. I really tried not to click on it since I knew it was addressed to dullards. But I couldn’t help myself. Whether that counts as an admission of some sort, I don’t know. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:44 am 

Still Lit wrote:

Also, I knew that by reading this thread I was self-classifying myself as a dullard. I really tried not to click on it since I knew it was addressed to dullards. But I couldn’t help myself. Whether that counts as an admission of some sort, I don’t know. :D

For the record, Lit, I consider you decidedly un-dullardly. As for the other alleged educator posting recently...jury's out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:49 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
KC wrote:

Umm...Joe Greene HAD quit...had his shit packed, in his truck, and was only talked into coming back by the fortunate timing of assistant coach Lionel Taylor. In other words; Joe Greene required an intervention.

BLEIER: It wasn't a blueprint for a Super Bowl championship season. You think back and you gloss over it—Oh, it was a great season; we made the playoffs. But we [had] some dissension in the locker room. Later in the year Joe [Greene] quit—or threatened to quit.

JOE GREENE: I wanted us to be further along than I thought we were. I became very frustrated at the end of the season, after that Houston game.

Following a 13--10 home loss to the Oilers on Dec. 1, receivers coach Lionel Taylor heard that Greene had announced he was quitting, even going so far as to pack up the contents of his locker. Taylor caught up with the defensive leader outside Three Rivers Stadium, and the two sat in Greene's car, where the emotional veteran vented about his impatience with the team's failure to join the ranks of the AFC's elite. Thanks to Taylor's timely intervention, Greene eventually returned to the locker room.

And, isn't it awful, AB upset about something so trivial as a teammate being voted an award that he coveted. Well...Roberto Clemente did the same fuckin' thing.

Two of the most revered athletes in Pittsburgh history, engaged in stuff similar to the hated Antonio Brown. Has the world turned upside down??

So, you're saying Joe Greene almost quitting on his team is the same thing as Antonio Fuckface REALLY QUITTING ON HIS TEAM?

:lol:

Oh yeah....it isn't.

Don't care that Clemente was pissed about Groat getting an award Clemente wanted.

Don't really care that Fuckface was pissed about JuJu getting an award Fuckface wanted.

But Fuckface literally blamed JuJu on social media for losing the Saints game.

That ain't flying in any locker room. It's classless and I'll guarantee you JuJu's teammates didn't think that's acceptable.

If anybody else besides your hero, Fuckface did something like that, ZERO DOUBT YOU'D HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT.

But that's okay. You've tied your horses to the Fuckface wagon. Weird as fuck in my book, but that's your prerogative.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:58 am 

KC wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
KC wrote:

So, you're saying Joe Greene almost quitting on his team is the same thing as Antonio Fuckface REALLY QUITTING ON HIS TEAM?

Oh yeah....it isn't.

Don't care that Clemente was pissed about Groat getting an award Clemente wanted.

Don't really care that Fuckface was pissed about JuJu getting an award Fuckface wanted.

But Fuckface literally blamed JuJu on social media for losing the Saints game.

That ain't flying in any locker room. It's classless and I'll guarantee you JuJu's teammates didn't think that's acceptable.

If anybody else besides your hero, Fuckface did something like that, ZERO DOUBT YOU'D HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT.

But that's okay. You've tied your horses to the Fuckface wagon. Weird as fuck in my book, but that's your prerogative.

Just to clarify, he's not my hero. He was mega-productive for my team though, and I'm obviously not relishing the prospect of not having him in black & gold next year.

I never said Joe Greene's thing was the same thing. But....Joe Greene did pack up all his shit and move it out of the Steelers locker room. Joe Greene did leave the field with a game in progress.

While we're on classless....how about YOUR hero, #7, publicly criticizing his teammate on the radio for running a bad route on a play that just about the entirety of this esteemed website recognized as a mega fuckup on the part of #7. Does THAT fly in your locker room??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

For the record, Lit, I consider you decidedly un-dullardly. As for the other alleged educator posting recently...jury's out.

I bet Ice is pretty solid in the classroom. Isn’t there some kind of law of forum that if you spend enough time on a board you eventually become friends and enemies and friends again with every single poster?

Also, don’t we have some kind of gentleman’s agreement that one day you’ll guest lecture for one of my courses? Although your treatment of Barney Rubble has me pretty nervous about it...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:16 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Just to clarify, he's not my hero. He was mega-productive for my team though, and I'm obviously not relishing the prospect of not having him in black & gold next year.

I never said Joe Greene's thing was the same thing. But....Joe Greene did pack up all his shit and move it out of the Steelers locker room. Joe Greene did leave the field with a game in progress.

While we're on classless....how about YOUR hero, #7, publicly criticizing his teammate on the radio for running a bad route on a play that just about the entirety of this esteemed website recognized as a mega fuckup on the part of #7. Does THAT fly in your locker room??

Ben was asked what happened on the play.

He said Fuckface should have flattened his route.

OH THE FUCKING HUMANITY! Good lord, it's like Ben fucked one of Fuckface's baby mamas! Maybe even the one Fuckface was arrested for physically assaulting!

Ben also 100% blamed himself for forcing the pass to Fuckface and said he wished he had thrown the ball to JuJu instead.

SPOILER ALERT: Ben was 100% right on all counts.

Fuckface ran a shitty route, Ben threw a dumbfuck pass and Ben SHOULD HAVE went to JuJu on the play.

When one guy on the team holds MULTIPLE SUPER BOWL RINGS and nobody else has DICK on any of their fingers, maybe listening to the guy with rings is the right thing to do?

;)

And lastly, it's almost like you believe members of the Steelers organization (be it players or anybody in management) did something wrong regarding Fuckface's departing the Steelers?

They didn't.

This is 100% on Fuckface.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next