It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Steelers 2018 vs 2019
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:33 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
TB wrote:
Fans don't want to hear it because Tomlin is a moron and the worst coach in football and OMG I can't believe he challenged that and "unleash hell" and we would've had 57 seconds left instead of 49 if he'd just and why isn't he like Belichick... but if Boswell kicks last year like he did the year before this team would've won 11+ games and been in a good position to compete for the AFC crown.

God awful turnover margin, some bad bounces and breaks with some dog shit calls by the refs, and terrible special teams. People can bitch and extrapolate all they want but that's the truth. What that means for this coming year? Time will tell, but for me it still means that this team can be an elite AFC team.

It's weird that people were saying the EXACT SAME THINGS even when Tomlin was considered a "good coach"
So why is it a staple of his teams? When was the last time they had an above average ST's game?

Two years ago when they were top 10 DVOA in STs with a Pro Bowl kicker and one of the best kick coverage units in the league.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:59 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Here’s the thing...like it or not, Switzer has a role in this offense. Rogers, unless someone goes down or fails, does not.

He really does. I think we'll see him motioned in and out of the backfield more this year, if he can stay healthy. He's more dangerous than Samuels in this regard.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:27 am 

Lynch wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Here’s the thing...like it or not, Switzer has a role in this offense. Rogers, unless someone goes down or fails, does not.

He really does. I think we'll see him motioned in and out of the backfield more this year, if he can stay healthy. He's more dangerous than Samuels in this regard.

So you think Switzer is better at going in motion than Samuels? How is that supposed to help a football team win games?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:23 am 

Well, I think differently than most about Switzer and Rogers. One I think Switzer is better than Rogers and two, I think it matter not who is kept or makes the roster, their snap counts on offense are going to decrease.

Diontae Johnson is a 3rd round pick and electric with the ball in his hands. He is able to line up outside because he can beat press coverage. Donte Moncreif I view as a veteran big body WR that Ben is going to love throwing to in this offense. Jaylin Samuels is going to come in to camp in the best shape of his life, slimmer, faster and be used as an H-back, move TE, 3rd down back.

Those 3 players are going to shrink the snaps that Switzer got last season, the snaps that Rogers got last season. All of this drama and worrying about the 5th WR on the team when they might be lucky to see the field.

And to Lynch's point, how the hell is a 180 pound WR slot WR more dangerous than Jaylin Samuels? Samuels motioning out of the backfield and lining up at TE or in the slot and being 40 pounds heavier and still able to run a 4.5, that isn't more dangerous??

Faulkner, Samuels RB coach from college being hired was not good news for Switzer/Rogers. The Steelers are going to make Samuels a weapon in the short passing game, I expect 50-60 catches and 6 TDs this year.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 am 

You numbers nuthuggers crack me up. Samuels was about as elusive as the oulaw last year. Switz, on two good wheels? I think he's more concerning for d's with the ball, or as a threat to get it, while motioning in and out.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:13 pm 

955876 wrote:
stillthere wrote:
TB wrote:
but if Boswell kicks last year like he did the year before this team would've won 11+ games and been in a good position to compete for the AFC crown.

Even without Boswell they win 11 games if the refs don't screw the pooch vs SD and vs NO.

Refs screw the pooch weekly. Sometimes worse than others. Always assume they will fuck you and plan your game accordingly.

We often work ourselves into situations where that one bad call is more significant than it otherwise should have been.

Case in point, moving the ball easily against NE and have the lead. We take foot off gas, they work their way back into the game at which point a bad call dooms our chances that day.

Had we not spent much of the second half fiddle farting around that play might not have even been a factor.

+1000. I never blame the Refs for losses. One bad call doesn't determine the outcome of a game. Steelets vs Chargers last year. Refs make a horrible non-call on the False Start fiasco. Steelers were still up 21-10 I believe and then Chargers score because Davis smacks Haden while in EZ and allows Chargers to score.

Many games Steelers are ahead and Coach Numbnutz takes his foot off the gas pedal and goes into Turtle Mode. That infuriates me to No end. That has Nothing to do with the Refs

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:31 pm 

The Browns are still run by the same asshats boys and girls.

The Ravens are multiple now and the issue.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:32 pm 

ironzabo wrote:
The Browns are still run by the same asshats boys and girls.

The Ravens are multiple now and the issue.

If by multiple you mean they can run Red Option and 0 Screens, then you're right.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:08 pm 

I have harped on about Teams for years. Field position has killed the PS. If you contrast that with the Baltimore Ravens it makes it even more apparent how bad PS have been in this area.

Ravens have covered up a ton of issues with a STs unit that has continually got them out of bad field position made so so drives into 3 points & put other teams in a deep hole.