The jinx is in baby!

My AFC playoff bracket

1) IND
2) LAC
3) NWE
4) PIT
5) HOU
6) KC

Yeah, I said it. NO PLAYOFFS FOR THESE JAGOFFS. Too many turds in the locker room!

Also, KC has hemorrhaged WAY too many players. Kelce is gonna be carrying that offense. One hit over the middle and Mahomes is gonna be throwing hail maries to himself.

Pats will still win the putrid AFC East, but they have too many holes to overcome without the Ultimate Roster Deoderizer Rob Gronkowski in the fold. They will still run the leagues meanest screen game, but the fade will begin this year with the cupboard so bare.

Be on the fucking lookout for the Chargers and Colts. Those are the best rosters in the conference right now.

Chargers have the best defensive line right now and a mean secondary. They still have some vulnerability to the run, but its less so than last year. Mike Williams is a fucking manchild too. The guy has the frame of a defensive lineman and the speed to take it to the house.

The Colts are going to be a defensive powerhouse with some big play potential from Luck. Their only tru weakness is they still dont have a difference making back. Its RBBC with a strong offensive line. That fucked them in KC last year, but they bolstered their secondary and their pass rush in the draft.

I think we will beat New England week 1 but hit some bumps in the road as this offense gets its bearings and this defense rounds into form. By late season though, we should be taking more balls away and winning with ground and pound. Also another good crop of character guys will help a ton with locker room chemistry. Bad attitudes wont tank the team this season the way they did last year. I think we can take out the Chargers or the Colts on the road, and I think thats the path.

Onward!!

Post subject: Re: Greedy Williams Declares Browns are going to the super b
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:07 pm 

I think the Browns will be better than this board gives them credit for. Sure, "The same ol' Browns" may apply but the reality is they've gotten a lot better over the past year. They've certainly done everything they can to field a competitive team. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be optimistic heading into this season. On paper they have a pretty good team. They'll be better than a lot of teams in the AFC and certainly better than the Bengals in the AFCN. They have a decent shot at winning the division if the Steelers don't get production from the players that are left and/or Lamar Jackson is a complete bust in his sophomore year.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:26 pm 

With the talent that team has accumulated, betting on them to win the Super Bowl would probably be a good bet.

Not to say they can't fall apart (after all...they're the Stains) but THEY ARE LOADED TO THE HILT WITH TALENT.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:57 pm 

I see the Browns as spoilers this year. Not quite good enough to get in but good enough to take teams out. S6 to 8 wins.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:10 pm 

It really comes down to this: Does Baker take the next step and develop in the same manner as Mahomes, Goff, Wentz, et. al? Does he regress like RG3, Jameis Winston, Vince Young? Or.....does he follow the Marcus Mariotta, Matt Stafford, Ryan Tannehill career arc where he puts up some nice numbers but his team doesn't amount to anything?

This isn't the first time the Browns have made a free agent splash after a promising season with a young QB - 2008 and 2015 immediately come to mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:10 pm 

I think with the bold off season moves to go with the new, team focused locker room culture, the Raiders and Jets are locks to meet in the AFCCG. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:13 pm 

MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
The jinx is in baby!

My AFC playoff bracket

1) IND
2) LAC
3) NWE
4) PIT
5) HOU
6) KC

Yeah, I said it. NO PLAYOFFS FOR THESE JAGOFFS. Too many turds in the locker room!

Also, KC has hemorrhaged WAY too many players. Kelce is gonna be carrying that offense. One hit over the middle and Mahomes is gonna be throwing hail maries to himself.

Pats will still win the putrid AFC East, but they have too many holes to overcome without the Ultimate Roster Deoderizer Rob Gronkowski in the fold. They will still run the leagues meanest screen game, but the fade will begin this year with the cupboard so bare.

Be on the fucking lookout for the Chargers and Colts. Those are the best rosters in the conference right now.

Chargers have the best defensive line right now and a mean secondary. They still have some vulnerability to the run, but its less so than last year. Mike Williams is a fucking manchild too. The guy has the frame of a defensive lineman and the speed to take it to the house.

The Colts are going to be a defensive powerhouse with some big play potential from Luck. Their only tru weakness is they still dont have a difference making back. Its RBBC with a strong offensive line. That fucked them in KC last year, but they bolstered their secondary and their pass rush in the draft.

I think we will beat New England week 1 but hit some bumps in the road as this offense gets its bearings and this defense rounds into form. By late season though, we should be taking more balls away and winning with ground and pound. Also another good crop of character guys will help a ton with locker room chemistry. Bad attitudes wont tank the team this season the way they did last year. I think we can take out the Chargers or the Colts on the road, and I think thats the path.

Onward!!

You had me til “ground and pound”.
And...as long as the Pats have Bill Belichick and Ernie Adams ( you thought I was going to say Tom Brady...didn’t you? :mrgreen: ), never count them out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:25 pm 

Is Baker on the cover of Madden 2020?

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:39 pm 

Since this has been brought up a few times now I will let everyone in on my little secret...I think the Browns win less than 8 games this year.

Everyone talks about the additions being so marvelous

They added the Wr who leads the NFL in drops over the past 3 seasons
They added the 4th worst edge run defender in the NFL
They added a DT who is 2 years past his expiration date

They also lost plenty no one was more important than this loss

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:51 pm 

FC wrote:
Since this has been brought up a few times now I will let everyone in on my little secret...I think the Browns win less than 8 games this year.

Everyone talks about the additions being so marvelous

They added the Wr who leads the NFL in drops over the past 3 seasons
They added the 4th worst edge run defender in the NFL
They added a DT who is 2 years past his expiration date

They also lost plenty no one was more important than this loss

Nobody wants to talk about the fact that Beckham keeps missing MORE AND MORE time. Is he really going to stay healthy?

I think there are too many turds in the soup over there. Greedy is just the latest one. Teams are going to run on these pussies, and Baker hasnt played a 16 game season in the big boy league yet. He takes a couple shots and we will see how good he really is. I think Dupree is gonna light his ass up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:04 pm 

They can go, but they have to buy tickets to get into the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm 

MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
I think Dupree is gonna light his ass up.

Maybe, but first he'll have to get past....*checks notes*....Greg Robinson.

Um, nevermind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm 

Pabst wrote:
MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
I think Dupree is gonna light his ass up.

Maybe, but first he'll have to get past....*checks notes*....Greg Robinson.

Um, nevermind.

EXACTLY- guy got lucky last year. Hes always been a bum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:28 pm 

Gambling site I use has Browns as 5th highest favorite to win SB. This is down a bit from the post-free agency excitement.

This was a sucker bet to me... its not happening.

I took under 9.5 total wins for them. easy bet , imo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:17 pm 

I'm just glad we didn't draft Greedy.
What in the world was he thinking ...

I'm sure sure some veterans on the Brown's will tell him him to shut the hell up...

But... it is the Brown's so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:20 pm 

Greedy and about everyone in Ohio. The super bowl talk around here right now is maddening. For years my Browns fans friends have supported and rooted for Brady. He has saved Browns fans from enduring many more Steeler Bowls. So my hope is this, if somehow Cle is good, they finally have to deal with what i have for 18 years. The Pats luck, the refs bullshit. Lets see how much of that Brady is the goat talk i have been hearing from then is still being spewed.. Let their asses get chapped by some of that( 1 flag for 5 yards in a big playoff game, some weird overturned play at the end of the game) and see just how much Pats love and respect they have then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:22 pm 

OBJ will ruin Mayfield if they let him. That dudes favorite kind of game is one in which he has highlight reel catches and stats, but the team loses, so he can bitch and moan.

Its gonna take a serious coaching job to keep that locker room together.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:05 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
I think with the bold off season moves to go with the new, team focused locker room culture, the Raiders and Jets are locks to meet in the AFCCG. :lol:

No doubt.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 am 

Browns have been accumulating top talent (at least potentially) in top draft spots for decades. The talent needs to be assembled properly then focused and directed. Then it has to get consistent, then lucky.

With crap tons of “talent” they haven’t been able to build a team, let alone a winning culture.

Let’s watch and see.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:57 pm 

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
Browns have been accumulating top talent (at least potentially) in top draft spots for decades. The talent needs to be assembled properly then focused and directed. Then it has to get consistent, then lucky.

With crap tons of “talent” they haven’t been able to build a team, let alone a winning culture.

Let’s watch and see.

The guy picking the groceries the last 2 years is better at doing that than they have had in a good bit of time. I do agree that they need to show me before I will anoint them.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:05 pm 

Quote:
The guy picking the groceries the last 2 years is better at doing that than they have had in a good bit of time.

With all due respect...if I had a dollar every time I’ve heard this in regards to the Cleveland Browns...

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:58 pm 

Maybe that's just Greedy declaring that he's about to take a shit. I say the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:21 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
Maybe that's just Greedy declaring that he's about to take a shit. I say the same thing.

I didn't before, but I pretty much always will now.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:27 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
The guy picking the groceries the last 2 years is better at doing that than they have had in a good bit of time.

With all due respect...if I had a dollar every time I’ve heard this in regards to the Cleveland Browns...

My good sir you have not heard it from me though. That means it carries weight since I work in a bank.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:36 pm 

stillthere wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

My good sir you have not heard it from me though. That means it carries weight since I work in a bank.

Touche’ :shock:

:lol: