It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Running backs threatening hold outs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:52 pm 

These big time running backs threatening to hold out. Gordon from the Chargers Elliot from the Cowboys not happy with their money. Steelers were criticize the last two years for being cheap with Le’Veon Bell especially from media/ex and current players.

Plenty of examples of top notch rb’s leaving teams and the former teams not missing a beat.Smart owners and GM’s are not shelling out top dollar to RB’s anymore.

Was going to say Steelers now look like trendsetters but they did offer L Bell a pretty penny.
I guess in 2 years that number would be low.Then he’d just hold out.

Post subject: Re: Running backs threatening hold outs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:00 pm 

SOCALSTEEL wrote:
These big time running backs threatening to hold out. Gordon from the Chargers Elliot from the Cowboys not happy with their money. Steelers were criticize the last two years for being cheap with Le’Veon Bell especially from media/ex and current players.

Plenty of examples of top notch rb’s leaving teams and the former teams not missing a beat.Smart owners and GM’s are not shelling out top dollar to RB’s anymore.

Was going to say Steelers now look like trendsetters but they did offer L Bell a pretty penny.

I just want to thank Jehovah, Jesus or whoever the fuck it was that allowed that DUMBFUCK Bell to turn down the Steelers offer.

He saved them from themselves!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:17 pm 

KC wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:

I just want to thank Jehovah, Jesus or whoever the fuck it was that allowed that DUMBFUCK Bell to turn down the Steelers offer.

http://youtu.be/oy2UOckDNpk

TD: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:20 pm 

But Elliot has kind of a legit point. He's only scheduled to make $3.9M this year and $9M next year, and none of it guaranteed. That's apples-and-oranges to Leveon Bell.

Gordon is making $5.6M in the final year of his deal. Presumably an extension would normally get done.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Teams certainly don't need to pay RB's, but you do have to spend your money on someone. In the case of DAL and SD, seems they would have other players to invest that money in.

Proven - Tomlin is bad at game management.
Given - 31 other teams would have fired Tomlin long ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:52 pm 

KC wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:

This.

They aren’t trendsetters. They are simply lucky as fuck they were dealing with a bigger dumbfuck.

Bell and his idiot agent should have jumped at the highest offer the Steelers put on the table.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:12 pm 

Yes. But he’s in New York, where he can pursue his hip-hop career. I’m sure that will end up making up for the couple mil he left on the table with Pittsburgh. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:31 pm 

Lynch wrote:
KC wrote:
SOCALSTEEL wrote:

http://youtu.be/oy2UOckDNpk

I feel dumb for watching this but for some reason I also felt compelled to share this with some of my friends. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 am 

Vive la Revolution!