It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: UDFA signings
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:08 am 

Test

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:45 am 

I only post so often anymore for a variety of reasons.

First and foremost I hope all of you had a great Holiday Weekend.

That being said there is a major vibe coming out of the South Side that I have not felt for a long time. I do not post much any more for a reason - partially because this board has become a negative sounding place. And its lame. And i get.

I firmly believe this club is in a GREAT place - more so than has been in a LONG time

3 things :

J Sammie might damn well be on the cusp of becoming more Bad Ass than anyone here can imagine, PERIOD (Think Kamara) He is down 17lbs

James Washington could be 2nd team ALL PRO with Moncrief on the outside paired together with JUJU and 7 slinging.

Benny Snell might score 8 times in this scheme. Amazing choice to pair with Conner.

This D is gonna be elite again with the influx of Speed - Barron and Nelson create a weaponized effect that has not been seen in 5 years.

Bush is small but he can truly float and will remind you all of 43 :) I shit you not .....will free Watt and finally allow to Dupree to finish.

Its not the same league you fear of taking on down hill runs. I am personally debating about going up to Foxborough for week 1= my 40th bday weekend as I think we own them onsite in the hated land of Brady and I want it bad in their house.

This is a special club IMHO.

I think 7 spins it swift and slight week 1 and we rock em.

Take the Steelers now on ML to finish and go 13 - 3.

Also Pitt over 6 wins and PSU might back door the Playoff - Sean Clifford is a stud QB that no one knows about.

See you in Miami Boys and Girls for the Marbles :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:13 am 

Man, if only you hadn't included that Penn State prediction :lol:

Great posts, man, and good to hear from ya again.

I agree on just about every account, and I'm also very much looking forward to this season. I think it's gonna be a helluva ride.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 pm 

I think Moncrief will have a breakout year with Ben that my pre camp prediction

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:30 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
I think Moncrief will have a breakout year with Ben that my pre camp prediction

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 pm 

ironzabo wrote:
I only post so often anymore for a variety of reasons.

First and foremost I hope all of you had a great Holiday Weekend.

That being said there is a major vibe coming out of the South Side that I have not felt for a long time. I do not post much any more for a reason - partially because this board has become a negative sounding place. And its lame. And i get.

I firmly believe this club is in a GREAT place - more so than has been in a LONG time

3 things :

J Sammie might damn well be on the cusp of becoming more Bad Ass than anyone here can imagine, PERIOD (Think Kamara) He is down 17lbs

James Washington could be 2nd team ALL PRO with Moncrief on the outside paired together with JUJU and 7 slinging.

Benny Snell might score 8 times in this scheme. Amazing choice to pair with Conner.

This D is gonna be elite again with the influx of Speed - Barron and Nelson create a weaponized effect that has not been seen in 5 years.

Bush is small but he can truly float and will remind you all of 43 :) I shit you not .....will free Watt and finally allow to Dupree to finish.

Its not the same league you fear of taking on down hill runs. I am personally debating about going up to Foxborough for week 1= my 40th bday weekend as I think we own them onsite in the hated land of Brady and I want it bad in their house.

This is a special club IMHO.

I think 7 spins it swift and slight week 1 and we rock em.

Take the Steelers now on ML to finish and go 13 - 3.

Also Pitt over 6 wins and PSU might back door the Playoff - Sean Clifford is a stud QB that no one knows about.

See you in Miami Boys and Girls for the Marbles :)

Zabo....all due respect....this reads like it was written by Polyanna.

Hope you're right but reallllllly not seeing it, particularly the predictions on Samuels, Washington, Snell.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:43 am 

Swiss - I know you are a pessimist at heart and I can dig it my brother...

I honestly believe this is the most talented team that Tomlin has had top top bottom. I expect nothing less than 11-5 and a resounding division winner from the club.

You all are not seeing the positive effect of having the shit show clowns out of the room and how pissed off the boys are after NOT making the tourney last year.... there is a huge human element at play going into the 19 campaign.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:12 am 

ironzabo wrote:

I honestly believe this is the most talented team that Tomlin has had top top bottom. I expect nothing less than 11-5 and a resounding division winner from the club.

You all are not seeing the positive effect of having the shit show clowns out of the room and how pissed off the boys are after NOT making the tourney last year.... there is a huge human element at play going into the 19 campaign.

Actually Zabo, I've always been an optimist...and even now, this mother-fucker Tomlin will probably have me believing once again, only to cast himself as that Little Bitch Lucy and pull the football out just when we're about to kick it.

As far as most talented, my view is that this dumbfuck can't lose players with such enormous talent as has happened and come out better in the end.

13-3? 11-5? I hope the fuck you're right, Zabo. I just can't get on board with that belief.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:23 am 

ironzabo wrote:

I think an underrated part of this is that I think Tomlin is a good leader when he has a good lockerroom, and not a good leader when he has malcontents present (you can argue that not being able to handle both makes him a bad leader, of course). But my point is that I think when the team is already headed in the right direction, he can be good at pushing that momentum a bit farther. Carry the wave further on shore than it was originally intended to go, so to speak. He's can grease the wheels of a rollercoaster, provided the roller coaster is already going in the direction it needs to go.

But when he has a bad lockerroom, he tries too hard to take the good cop approach and buddy-buddy the team back to health, which doesn't work very well. To return to the roller coaster analogy, if the rollercoaster is inherently flawed, he's not the guy to fix it.

I still have many problems with game day approach to things, but I do think if we can get a locker room that's actually pulling for each other for a change, we'll see a lot of benefit to that. The talent remains to be seen. He does need better talent to succeed. I think we've done a decent job of putting some pieces together, but some things do have to break out way for it to truly work out.