It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Schedule released today
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm 

I am looking at going to the Chargers game (live 40 minutes from where Chargers play) and the cheapest ticket so far is $275. I'm trying to get tickets behind the Steelers sideline ( they are about $375) this is all on Stub Hub. I've set price alerts for the game. They always gouge Steeler fans when they come to play Chargers. May just goto the Cardinals game (4.5 hour drive). Those tickets are $100.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 pm 

bigfame wrote:
I am looking at going to the Chargers game (live 40 minutes from where Chargers play)

So that's about what.....12 blocks in LA traffic?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 pm 

Pabst wrote:
bigfame wrote:
I am looking at going to the Chargers game (live 40 minutes from where Chargers play)

So that's about what.....12 blocks in LA traffic?

LOL :lol: Pretty much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:27 pm 

Steelers play a whopping 7 games at 1PM on a Sunday.

I foresee myself missing a lot of games this season.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:43 pm 

bigfame wrote:
I am looking at going to the Chargers game (live 40 minutes from where Chargers play) and the cheapest ticket so far is $275. I'm trying to get tickets behind the Steelers sideline ( they are about $375) this is all on Stub Hub. I've set price alerts for the game. They always gouge Steeler fans when they come to play Chargers. May just goto the Cardinals game (4.5 hour drive). Those tickets are $100.

Bet you could walk up to stadium on game day and buy tix for LAC.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:44 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:

1pm games are the worst for me.

bigfame, where you at?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23 pm 

I have a question...if you all are so sure that the Steelers will lose to the Patriots in week 1, why are you even bothering with the rest of the season?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:33 pm 

The Sixty Minute Men wrote:
Watching the NFL Network schedule release special - their computer models have us going 7-9...

I'm curious how they got to that

They place more emphasis on Brown leaving than the team will. Plus Ben is a bad guy. Surprised they have us winning 7 to be honest. All the negative stuff brought up about Pittsburgh on NFL and ESPN etc is a joke because of some ex player(s) cannot keep the team they used to play for off their twitter and facebook and instagram feeds. What would we be saying if all Barron, Nelson and Moncrief talked about on social media was Rams, Chiefs, Jags and Colts and not talking about the now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:54 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
I have a question...if you all are so sure that the Steelers will lose to the Patriots in week 1, why are you even bothering with the rest of the season?

Might be the first legitimate shot at taking down Brady on Foxboro. Gronk and Hogan owned the Steelers. AB and Bell were usually non-factors vs. NE. Be nice to spoil their banner ceremony.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 am 

Will the Pats in game 1 and the drama that pursued throughout the Steeler's off season so far change Tomlin's philosophy about barely playing Ben and the 1st string offence and defense in the preseason? This is not a game to help Ben shake off the rust. This team needs to be motoring and in sync to face them. Playing Ben for a total of like 10 minutes throughout the preseason will not cut it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:15 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

bigfame, where you at?

I'm in the Inland Empire. How about you? I don't mind 1pm PST games. I don't understand how those on the East Coast can stand to wait until 1pm to watch the 1st game. I get up Sunday morning and games start at 10:00 am.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:18 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
bigfame wrote:

Bet you could walk up to stadium on game day and buy tix for LAC.

Not really. They are playing in Stub Hub Center which only holds ~ 27,000 people.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:42 am 

bigfame wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

bigfame, where you at?

I'm in the Inland Empire. How about you? I don't mind 1pm PST games. I don't understand how those on the East Coast can stand to wait until 1pm to watch the 1st game. I get up Sunday morning and games start at 10:00 am.

Bigfame I’m in the IE too. Will almost certainly make one or more of the LAC, SF or AZ games. Let me know if you end up going.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Will the Pats in game 1 and the drama that pursued throughout the Steeler's off season so far change Tomlin's philosophy about barely playing Ben and the 1st string offence and defense in the preseason? This is not a game to help Ben shake off the rust. This team needs to be motoring and in sync to face them. Playing Ben for a total of like 10 minutes throughout the preseason will not cut it!

You better believe it bro. That is 100% correct.

This is how we will know if Tomlin is gonna change in certain areas. No way we beat them in THAT SPOT week 1 if we’re not in midseason form, and this goes with what you just said, especially if Ben has played one drive of football in preseason. I want him to say how he went to coach as well, asking to play a lot more. We would all second guess ourselves if he got some freak injury though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:41 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

You better believe it bro. That is 100% correct.

This is how we will know if Tomlin is gonna change in certain areas. No way we beat them in THAT SPOT week 1 if we’re not in midseason form, and this goes with what you just said, especially if Ben has played one drive of football in preseason. I want him to say how he went to coach as well, asking to play a lot more. We would all second guess ourselves if he got some freak injury though.

Tomlin change? I guess anything is possible, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Here’s why I’m skeptical that anything will change...listen to Aviators, listen to A2, listen to Colbert...none of the three stooges acknowledges any problem. Hey...we were just a half game away from winning the division...don’t ya know?!?

And as for Ben and the preseason...I’m pretty sure that he’s on record stating that he would like more playing time. But then, it’s not just the QB that Tomlin isn’t using, it’s a lot of the front liners.

We can spin and twist, and point all the fingers we like, but at the end of the day 90% of this teams problems lie at the feet of the guy wearing the shades.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:22 pm 

bigfame wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

bigfame, where you at?

I don't mind the early part-- just that my wife is a person who likes to do stuff on Sunday morning, and right about the time I get to relax, it's time for the late games.

I'm in DTLA. We should catch a beer for a Steelers game sometime.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:37 pm 

Being in CA as well I prefer the 1:00 pm starts.

Roll out of bed with game starting @ 10:00 and after you have the rest of the day.

On Sundays I prefer either 1:00 or SNF.

4:00 eastern starts are smack in middle of day.

If I lived in eastern time zone I’d prefer the 4:00 pm games.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:56 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Tomlin change? I guess anything is possible, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

He clearly does not prioritize homefield. And he's far more concerned with finishing strong than starting slow - which isn't wrong, just overly conservative easing into the season because he's afraid of a tired team late in the year.

CIN will probably be better, and CLE may be the best they've been since Tomlin has been here. That's 2-3 wins that just got a lot tougher, so if Tomlin is going to rely on an extended preseason to round the team into shape it will probably end short of the playoffs, again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:05 am 

East Coast dude who has always preferred the Steelers play at 1PM. I hate waiting for the game to start. I especially hate prime time games.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
East Coast dude who has always preferred the Steelers play at 1PM. I hate waiting for the game to start. I especially hate prime time games.

I'm the opposite, '58. Like prime time and my fave start time is 4:25. I like the delayed gratification, which is why I HATE Thursday night for the Steelers. Like another fuckin' bye week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:52 pm 

Hate Thursday games as well.

And Thursday night prime time draft.

Used to enjoy watching the draft on Saturday morning.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:41 pm 

Thursday night games fucking suck. Always. Don't know why they started doing them. Why not Friday or Saturday night games? So what if comes into conflict with other sports. Also while we're talking about scheduling pet peeves, what the fuck is it with the Super Bowl being on a Sunday Night? Most of us have to go to work the following morning. How about Super Bowls on the Saturday night when mostly everyone can party?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 am 

Jeemie wrote:
The Sixty Minute Men wrote:
Date Opponent Time (ET) TV
Sept. 8 at New England Patriots 8:20 PM NBC
Sept. 15 Seattle Seahawks 1:00 PM FOX
Sept. 22 at San Francisco 49ers 4:25 PM CBS
Sept. 30 Cincinnati Bengals (Mon.) 8:15 PM ESPN
Oct. 6 Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM CBS
Oct. 13 at Los Angeles Chargers 8:20 PM NBC
BYE
Oct. 28 Miami Dolphins (Mon.) 8:15 PM ESPN
Nov. 3 Indianapolis Colts 1:00 PM CBS
Nov. 10 Los Angeles Rams 4:25 PM FOX
Nov. 14 at Cleveland Browns (Thurs.) 8:20 PM FOX/NFLN/AMAZON
Nov. 24 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 PM CBS
Dec. 1 Cleveland Browns 4:25 PM CBS
Dec. 8 at Arizona Cardinals 4:25 PM CBS
Dec. 15 Buffalo Bills 1:00 PM CBS
Dec. 22 at New York Jets 1:00 PM CBS
Dec. 29 at Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM CBS

5 of the final 7 on the road? :shock:

That is a brutal brutal schedule.

I mean right now- 1-5 before the bye would be real possible.

I know things will likely look different come September, but damn!

Second half a tad easier but the NFL schedule makers screw us with 5 of 7 on the road.

Agree - this looks like a very tough schedule and possibly Tomlin's first losing season record.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:53 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:

I'm the opposite, '58. Like prime time and my fave start time is 4:25. I like the delayed gratification, which is why I HATE Thursday night for the Steelers. Like another fuckin' bye week.

Agree Swiss.

I don't like the 8PM games as much because frankly I fall asleep anymore because this team just isn't that interesting to me as it once was. Hope that changes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:07 pm 

That Chargers game is going to be mini Heinz West.
Already have 32 people going in our group!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next