PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:45 pm 

Interestiing

Quote:
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
More
Dolphins traded QB Ryan Tannehill to the Titans.

Post subject: Re: Dolphins trade QB Tannehill
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm 

Wondering what Mariotta thinks.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:49 pm 

Tannehill sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:49 pm 

How does this trade make any sense for the Tennessee?

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:55 pm 

As their backup...right?
Tannehill has starter experience. It’s not a bad idea to have an experienced #2. Steelers used to do stuff like this. Now they have the space engineer, so they good!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:57 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
As their backup...right?
Tannehill has starter experience. It’s not a bad idea to have an experienced #2. Steelers used to do stuff like this. Now they have the space engineer, so they good!

I think he's owed a base of close to $19m though. Expensive backup.

I think Rudolph moves into the #2 this year

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As their backup...right?

Wow...didn’t realize/think about that ($19m). You’re right then, doesn’t make sense.

I hope you’re right about MR...but I think Tomlin has a crush on Dobbs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 pm 

Tannehill probably jumped up and down hearing about the trade!

....and promptly tore his achilles.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:14 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As their backup...right?

After what we saw of Dobbs last year in extended action, if Rudolph doesn't move ahead of Dobbs this preseason....it's time to worry about Rudolph.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:14 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As their backup...right?

Make sense considering their starter has had some injury issues. Not a bad backup plan, I guess.

Titans acquired QB Ryan Tannehill and a 2019 sixth-round pick from the Dolphins in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2020 and a seventh-round pick in 2019.

The Titans are reportedly giving Tannehill a one-year, $7 million contract. Even after striking out with Teddy Bridgewater, who spurned his hometown team to return to New Orleans as Drew Brees' backup, it was clear Miami had no intention of moving forward with Tannehill at QB. Tannehill showed flashes throughout his seven-year run in South Beach but proved injury-prone while ultimately failing to live up to his first-round billing. In Tennessee, he'll slide in as the backup to fellow underachiever Marcus Mariota. Tannehill's departure leaves Jake Rudock and Luke Falk as Miami's lone quarterbacks. The Dolphins are a lock to take a signal-caller—perhaps Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins—early in next month's draft. Free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick could also be a bridge option for the rebuilding Fins.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:27 pm 

Cannot believe that Teddy Bridgewater and the Dolphins could not get something done, seems as thought this would be a perfect fit for both.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:30 pm 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
Cannot believe that Teddy Bridgewater and the Dolphins could not get something done, seems as thought this would be a perfect fit for both.

After what happened to Bridgewater's leg, he doesn't really want to play football anymore.

He wants to stand on the sidelines and collect a check.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:04 pm 

KC wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As their backup...right?

After what we saw of Dobbs last year in extended action, if Rudolph doesn't move ahead of Dobbs this preseason....it's time to worry about Rudolph.

I agree. I don't think Dobbs has a career in the NFL, but he can probably walk out of Pittsburgh and land a pretty lucrative job in a knowledge industry without having to worry about a degenerative brain disorder. Reminds me of Myron Rolle back in the day (albeit Rolle wasn't a QB).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:11 pm 

DP39 wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
As their backup...right?

Make sense considering their starter has had some injury issues. Not a bad backup plan, I guess.

Titans acquired QB Ryan Tannehill and a 2019 sixth-round pick from the Dolphins in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2020 and a seventh-round pick in 2019.

The Titans are reportedly giving Tannehill a one-year, $7 million contract. Even after striking out with Teddy Bridgewater, who spurned his hometown team to return to New Orleans as Drew Brees' backup, it was clear Miami had no intention of moving forward with Tannehill at QB. Tannehill showed flashes throughout his seven-year run in South Beach but proved injury-prone while ultimately failing to live up to his first-round billing. In Tennessee, he'll slide in as the backup to fellow underachiever Marcus Mariota. Tannehill's departure leaves Jake Rudock and Luke Falk as Miami's lone quarterbacks. The Dolphins are a lock to take a signal-caller—perhaps Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins—early in next month's draft. Free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick could also be a bridge option for the rebuilding Fins.

Ahhh so it's only going to be a cap hit to the Fins. I guess not as bad as I thought then.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:36 am 

Tannehill has starter experience. It’s not a bad idea to have an experienced #2. Steelers used to do stuff like this. Now they have the space engineer, so they good![/quote]

I agree. I don't think Dobbs has a career in the NFL, but he can probably walk out of Pittsburgh and land a pretty lucrative job in a knowledge industry without having to worry about a degenerative brain disorder. Reminds me of Myron Rolle back in the day (albeit Rolle wasn't a QB).[/quote][/quote]

Great point. These guys are scary smart. I read up on them and their curriculum.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:25 am 

AJ McCarron is available... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raid ... n-oakland/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:55 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:

I really thought McCarron was going to develop after watching him in limited snaps in Cinci but what is this going to be 4 teams in less than 2 years? Something is not right with his career arc.