It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am 

BR has been in the league since 2004. 15 years. How many players has he seen come and go? You can't be friends with everybody, and sometimes you become friends with guys that hang around a while or have similar interests. Not Josh Harris. Besides, BR doesn't exactly have a sparkling personality. Charismatic he is not.

If AB wanted to be his friend, then why didn't HE invite BR to HIS house? Did he? AB and BR come from wildly different backgrounds. After watching how AB and Carr interacted, it wouldn't surprise me that they weren't best of buds. Besides, AB is weird. I've had that sense since he began talking to the media. He even seemed uncomfortable and shy when hanging around with LeBron and his other guests. But AB never really called BR an asshole. Just that he acted like ownership and kept to himself. Can't speak to his leadership because I'm not there.

You should be able to be reserved with other players and still excel on the field as team mates. This is (a portion of) media portraying him badly because after vilifying him with no arrest, they still hold a grudge. Apparently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 am 

Why can't the obvious be true? Ben has some chinks in his personality (like most of us). Ben is among the top 5 greatest QB's most of us have seen play? The 2019 Steelers' success depends greatly on him. Ryan Clark and Hines Ward (for starters) have said how great a player Ben is and have acknowledged some areas of leadership he can improve - and they said it without a personal axe to grind. I don't buy that he's a problem.

As far as AB is concerned, his antics were all about money - he was beyond respected by the Steelers. He pissed on the coach, GM, and owner I hope the Steelers never invite him back to the Hall of Honor because he showed no honor. He should be disqualified from the Hall of Fame. If Ricky Waters is black-balled "for who, for what", AB should certainly be disqualified. The merits of his criticism amount to zero to me. .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:59 am 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
FC wrote:
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

TRUTH

OK, I’ll bite and play Devil’s Advocate.

Where are Ben’s friends right now...besides Colbert making a PR faux pas in support of him?

They seem pretty silent...

I thought that was one of the points of the quote.

Anyway, Batch, Pouncey, Foster, Heyward and others have stepped up for Ben.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 pm 

This is all so dumb. Gary Russell? Is he related to Nipsey Russell?

Think about the great QBs of our time, you think every has been JAG asshole like Gary Russell that had the privilege to play with Big Ben will say years later that he liked the guy? Hell no.

If you are going to be a great QB, a Super Bowl winning QB, a sure fire HoF QB, you have to have an edge, you have to push guys who are not as talented as you are, you need to hold guys accountable.

Go watch game tape of Aaron’s Rodgers this year. He was a complete prick, not only to some no name receivers he was throwing to, but also his head coach, who was soon after fired.

Why doesn’t anyone call Rodgers out for being a “twatwaffle” (thanks for that one, KC)? People just want to hate Ben for shit that happened years ago, when he was like 22 years old, and that never materialized into squat.

Ben is the man. Keep on keepin on, brosef.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 pm 

KC wrote:
You're going to see Ben lead plenty this upcoming season.

His revenge tour is going to be a wonderful thing to see.

Who is he going to throw to? JuJu who will be double teamed or Washington can't get open and drops 50% or Moncrief the next DHB???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 pm 

CASTEELER wrote:
KC wrote:

Who is he going to throw to? JuJu who will be double teamed or Washington can't get open and drops 50% or Moncrief the next DHB???

I’ll go on record by saying Pierre MonQueef will score 10 TDs this season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm 

Oh, and Brady is a dick too. Ask plenty of his old teammates.

It just gets buried in the collective fellating.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:25 pm 

CASTEELER wrote:
KC wrote:

Ben’s going to throw to JuJu, JW, DM, rookie (likely high) draft pick, Eli Rogers, Switzer, James Conner, Jaylen Samuels, Vanimal, Grimble and rookie TE draft choice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:49 pm 

Anyone who supports Ben is adding fuel to this bullshit story.

Mommy Mommy Ben won't give me the ball
Mommy Mommy Ben says I am fucking idiot
Mommy Mommy Ben doesn't know my kids names
Mommy Mommy I don't feel special
Mommy Mommy Ben won't throw me the ball
Mommy Mommy Ben says my rap tracks suck donkey dick
Mommy Mommy Ben is blinking at me

Fuck these soft willed cunts

You want to know why the Steelers have failed to close....The character of some of the players on the roster

Bell and Brown cared more about money than winning....Which is cool. Neither player has the fucking right to bitch about not winning at any point of there careers...And yes I hope they both go broke and end up with Hansen's disease.

Ben re-did his deal twice so that piece of shit AB could get paid...No one seems to remember that.

Winning involves sacrifice...

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Ben’s decision to throw deep to Washington in the season finale when asked by Fichtner whom he, Ben, wanted it to go to AFTER Ben had called Washington out tells me all I need to know about Ben.

Ben probably is a jerk. He probably demands a lot. But he apparently does not give up on you, either.

AB is a soft egomaniacal shit head who thinks criticism is a lack of respect. My guess is Ben threw Washington under the bus bc he believes in the guy, not bc he does not. He’s looking at a dude that he thinks has a ton of potential that is not keyed in. Ben isn’t going to put up with it.

Let’s not forget that we are not, for the most part, dealing with MENSA candidates in the locker room.

sums up a lot of 21-31 year olds

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:52 pm 

FC wrote:

soft willed cunts...

The search for a name for my fantasy football team is OVER!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
FC wrote:
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

TRUTH

OK, I’ll bite and play Devil’s Advocate.

Where are Ben’s friends right now...besides Colbert making a PR faux pas in support of him?

They seem pretty silent...

Come on Jeemie. When there is a narrative being played out by the media they aren't going to give those guys voices. the story would be over. done. They keep going down the list until they find the next nobody who will fit the narrative.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
Keep it coming. Let the pile on continue. Keep it steady. Stay in the ear of the QB.

Who's next? Gary Russell? Carey Davis?

Chris Rainey will say that Ben was rude to him during a basketball game. ESPN will interrupt its regularly scheduled program to broadcast the news.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:55 pm 

SP wrote:
FC wrote:

soft willed cunts...

It rolls off the tongue like Corinthian leather ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:56 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:

No question.
It actually is pretty rare for a QB to take as much blame on his shoulders that he has over the years.

And it's almost unheard of for a QB to call out his players publicly as much as Ben does.

I'm fine with it when we are winning. We haven't won a superbowl in a decade or made one in 8, despite rosters far more talented than those who have.

You're back on this bullshit huh?

Peyton Manning...considered one of the best QB's and leaders of his generation said his kicker was an idiot.
He also publicly called out his Oline saying we had "Protection problems"
He also tbagged an athletic trainer back in his college days

Ben actually went out of his way in his first SB win on the podium to proclaim the haters of his Oline can suck a dick
Ben never called out his kicker and this was the year he easily could have done it and everyone would have agreed

Yet 1 is portrayed by the media as a leader of men and the other portrayed as an ass grabbing neanderthal...funny how perception and reality works

Point taken, but that was in his 2nd Super Bowl when we had the likes of Kemo.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:57 pm 

Najeh Davenport just claimed it was Ben who told him to shit in his girlfriends closet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 pm 

Richard Seigler is on ESPN saying Ben forced him to become a Las Vegas pimp.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 pm 

FC wrote:
Najeh Davenport just claimed it was Ben who told him to shit in his girlfriends closet

Good One!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:24 pm 

Isaac Redman

Verified account

@ired33
19m19 minutes ago
More
I was called for an interview and was asked why do I think some players are saying negative things about Ben. My response was I’ve never had an issue with him some guys are closer than others. I think Ben is just careful with who he surrounds himself with.

I can’t believe an article would come out saying i had anything negative to say about Ben Bc i do not. He was always a great teammate and leader my time in Pittsburgh!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 pm 

FC wrote:
SP wrote:
FC wrote:

soft willed cunts...

It rolls off the tongue like Corinthian leather ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's fine Corinthian leather, my iambic pentameter-challenged friend!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 pm 

SP wrote:
Richard Seigler is on ESPN saying Ben forced him to become a Las Vegas pimp.

C'mon, man! It's hard out here for a pimp....

Hmm...I think I, too, just solved my FF team name dilemma.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:44 pm 

twatwaffle
Fine Corinthian leather
soft-willed cunts
Richard 'Pimp' Siegler
Najeh's girlfriend's steamer closet

Damn... this thread has everything

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:49 pm 

44LetzRide wrote:
Isaac Redman

Verified account

@ired33
19m19 minutes ago
More
I was called for an interview and was asked why do I think some players are saying negative things about Ben. My response was I’ve never had an issue with him some guys are closer than others. I think Ben is just careful with who he surrounds himself with.

I can’t believe an article would come out saying i had anything negative to say about Ben Bc i do not. He was always a great teammate and leader my time in Pittsburgh!!

That's my take on Ben and his personal life - and who he associates with from the team. He's long been married and living the family life. My take is his wife helped bring him (back maybe) to a more Christian based, family lifestyle. Lets face it, is AB's lifestyle a model for which you want your kids to be closely associated with, when considering your family sharing time choices? It's why he and Vance became so close, so quickly, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:51 pm 

44LetzRide wrote:
Why can't the obvious be true? Ben has some chinks in his personality (like most of us). Ben is among the top 5 greatest QB's most of us have seen play? The 2019 Steelers' success depends greatly on him. Ryan Clark and Hines Ward (for starters) have said how great a player Ben is and have acknowledged some areas of leadership he can improve - and they said it without a personal axe to grind. I don't buy that he's a problem.

As far as AB is concerned, his antics were all about money - he was beyond respected by the Steelers. He pissed on the coach, GM, and owner I hope the Steelers never invite him back to the Hall of Honor because he showed no honor. He should be disqualified from the Hall of Fame. If Ricky Waters is black-balled "for who, for what", AB should certainly be disqualified. The merits of his criticism amount to zero to me. .

This is where I am - Ben’s personality isn’t perfect but that doesn’t come close to outweighing how great of a QB he is. Also, in looking at some of his contemporaries like Rivers, Romo & Cutler, we’ve all seen how they throw temper tantrums and completely berate their teammates on the field and on the sidelines. Thankfully we’ve never seen Ben throw that kind of hissy fit.

I have the chance to interact with Ben on 3-4 occasions and like most of us some days he was more engaging than other.

One time years back my wife wanted to get his autograph when he was in town for a preseason game. After getting several hours of getting autographs (including Troy) outside of the hotel we left and headed for our car. On the way we happened upon Ben and the O-line as they came out of a steak house. When he saw my wife in a 7 jersey he started to cross on the oppsite side of the street but Keisel was with him and we heard Brett say “Come on Ben” and guide him toward us. Ben was a little sheepish and apologized for not coming right over and ultimately thanked her for being a fan and buying his jersey.

Another time we got picked by SNU to be on the sidelines prior to a potentially division clinching game. We stood by the End Zone and watched Ben personally interact with every single offensive starter and a number of others (including backups filling in that day) encouraging them and talking about what they could accomplish as a team. We were about 10 feet from where he talked with the RBs and receivers and both times everyone was enjoying the moment. After Ben left AB told the younger receivers that they didn’t yet realize how lucky they were to have Ben as their QB.

As for AB, sadly he changed his tune when he thought it would bring him more money - apparently then end justified the means which makes me as a Steelers fan just sick. He started losing me when he kept taking celebration penalties knowing it would cost the team 15 yards (doesn’t matter if I agreed with the concept of the penalty - I did not but we all knew the flags were coming and he kept doing it anyway). It also told me a lot about him that it was more important to show off than to keep money in his pocket. The concept that the team or Ben disrespected him is laughable - if anything they went out of their way to show respect by making him the highest paid receiver in the league and one point and letting him do things like stay off campus during camp and come late to or skip meetings with no repercussions. Even when they threw the pass near the end of a game to keep his 5/50 streak intact when the game was won showed they understood they needed to feed his ego. Unfortunately none of that was ultimately enough as he went haywire when the ball went elsewhere even if it meant the team won. The ultimate insult to him was Juju getting the team MVP and in my mind after that he was never coming back because he got “dissed.”

He may do well in Oakland but he is sure to blow up again when things don’t go his way. Carr cannot make all of the throws Ben can and he doesn’t have the bravado to even try many of them. When AB is well covered it will be interesting to see if they try to force him the ball of if they take the open man - if Carr choses the open man you can expect it to be a bad day for one of the sideline coolers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:58 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
As soon as I saw that Steelknife was OP I took it with a grain of salt.

For those that don’t know what I’m saying? He’s a Ben hater.

Carry on.

Yup- his posts are all anti-Ben

I think Knife waited in the rain for 2 hours for Ben's autograph and got stiffed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next