It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:05 pm 

44LetzRide wrote:
Isaac Redman

Verified account

@ired33
19m19 minutes ago
More
I was called for an interview and was asked why do I think some players are saying negative things about Ben. My response was I’ve never had an issue with him some guys are closer than others. I think Ben is just careful with who he surrounds himself with.

I can’t believe an article would come out saying i had anything negative to say about Ben Bc i do not. He was always a great teammate and leader my time in Pittsburgh!!

Shocker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:28 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
44LetzRide wrote:
Isaac Redman

Verified account

@ired33
19m19 minutes ago
More
I was called for an interview and was asked why do I think some players are saying negative things about Ben. My response was I’ve never had an issue with him some guys are closer than others. I think Ben is just careful with who he surrounds himself with.

I can’t believe an article would come out saying i had anything negative to say about Ben Bc i do not. He was always a great teammate and leader my time in Pittsburgh!!

Shocker

This can’t be? Steelknife has the inside scoop.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
44LetzRide wrote:
Isaac Redman

Verified account

@ired33
19m19 minutes ago
More

Shocker

Um...I pointed out that Redman said he did not view any "aloofness" on Ben's part as a negative.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm 

Steel Knife was a great kid who has grown into a very good man....We all have views and opinions. I think he holds Ben to a very high standard...I think Knife still has some bitter feeling towards Ben over the incidents in Vegas and Ga....I cannot and will not judge.

Goes back to my quote to open this thread...I will offer another one

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.

Quote:

So a journalist misquoted/mischaracterized Redman....Imagine that.

Redman is no longer a c*nt IMO ;)

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:55 pm 

FC wrote:
Anyone who supports Ben is adding fuel to this bullshit story.

Mommy Mommy Ben won't give me the ball
Mommy Mommy Ben says I am fucking idiot
Mommy Mommy Ben doesn't know my kids names
Mommy Mommy I don't feel special
Mommy Mommy Ben won't throw me the ball
Mommy Mommy Ben says my rap tracks suck donkey dick
Mommy Mommy Ben is blinking at me

Fuck these soft willed cunts

You want to know why the Steelers have failed to close....The character of some of the players on the roster

Bell and Brown cared more about money than winning....Which is cool. Neither player has the fucking right to bitch about not winning at any point of there careers...And yes I hope they both go broke and end up with Hansen's disease.

Ben re-did his deal twice so that piece of shit AB could get paid...No one seems to remember that.

Winning involves sacrifice...

Yes he did, but let's not pretend redoing a deal is a major sacrifice.

Most of these deals were converting salary to bonus money that was paid out immediately so the hit could be amortized across the remaining years of the deal.

So Ben got more money up front...that's not a hardship.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:14 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
44LetzRide wrote:
Isaac Redman

Verified account

@ired33
19m19 minutes ago
More

Shocker

Fake news is real people. Very real. Ever since Fortythree got out of journalism there has been no god damn ethics! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm 

44LetzRide wrote:
Isaac Redman

Verified account

@ired33
19m19 minutes ago
More

Exactly as I thought. People are now out hunting for this. Thansk for the background info Isaac.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:30 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

You're back on this bullshit huh?

Peyton Manning...considered one of the best QB's and leaders of his generation said his kicker was an idiot.
He also publicly called out his Oline saying we had "Protection problems"
He also tbagged an athletic trainer back in his college days

Ben actually went out of his way in his first SB win on the podium to proclaim the haters of his Oline can suck a dick
Ben never called out his kicker and this was the year he easily could have done it and everyone would have agreed

Yet 1 is portrayed by the media as a leader of men and the other portrayed as an ass grabbing neanderthal...funny how perception and reality works

Back on what bull shit? Who even are you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm 

FC wrote:
Steel Knife was a great kid who has grown into a very good man....We all have views and opinions. I think he holds Ben to a very high standard...I think Knife still has some bitter feeling towards Ben over the incidents in Vegas and Ga....I cannot and will not judge.

What I'm wondering is where this narrative that I've historically been anti-Ben comes from. Unless I've been blacked out and posting or someone has been posting as me, it's just not true.

I think Ben is a great quarterback.
I don't think Ben is a great leader.
You can be both an asshole and a good leader.
I think your job as quarterback is to work to build a relationship with all of your teammates, especially on offense.
I think the locker room has taken on his personality as a bit of a drama queen.
I think we can win super bowls with Ben.
I don't think Colbert-esque comments on how Ben could cuck him help us toward that goal.
The buck ultimately stops with Tomlin, whose strength is supposedly being a "player's coach."

Last edited by SteelKnife on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm 

Maybe these ppl just want their names in the spotlight.

Maybe Ben wants no part of being associated with anyone resembling a piece of trash after all the shit he’s already been thru.

Reading the newspaper while sitting on a water cooler made me laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Peyton Manning...considered one of the best QB's and leaders of his generation said his kicker was an idiot.

Ben actually went out of his way in his first SB win on the podium to proclaim the haters of his Oline can suck a dick
Ben never called out his kicker and this was the year he easily could have done it and everyone would have agreed

Yet 1 is portrayed by the media as a leader of men and the other portrayed as an ass grabbing neanderthal...funny how perception and reality works

Your act is well known and tired around here
But please feel free to refute any of those facts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:45 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

What act? I've posted like 10 times on the Steelers board in the past year. I have no clue what you're talking about, but I'm positive you're confusing me with someone else.

Edit: I literally just went through my posts since like last June, and I mention Ben critically twice, once after the Denver INT and once after an INT earlier in the season. Both were "What is Ben doing?" type comments. So I legit have no idea what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
SteelKnife wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Are you possibly confusing SteelKnife with SteelPowerful?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:24 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:

And then everything changed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
FC wrote:

What I'm wondering is where this narrative that I've historically been anti-Ben comes from. Unless I've been blacked out and posting or someone has been posting as me, it's just not true.

I think Ben is a great quarterback.
I don't think Ben is a great leader.
You can be both an asshole and a good leader.
I think your job as quarterback is to work to build a relationship with all of your teammates, especially on offense.
I think the locker room has taken on his personality as a bit of a drama queen.
I think we can win super bowls with Ben.
I don't think Colbert-esque comments on how Ben could cuck him help us toward that goal.
The buck ultimately stops with Tomlin, whose strength is supposedly being a "player's coach."

That is fair. You have high standards which can be confused with being a prick. At least that is the impression I have from Stillers to fury and also on twitter. The reason I said anything...You live and hold yourself to the high standards you expect of others...Otherwise I would call you a hypocritical douche bag...The reality is you're a rare person in this world...You practice what you preach.

I also happen to hold Donnie in high regards...So I kinda involved myself in this squabble because you're both decent dudes who may have the wrong impression of each other.

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:28 pm 

Quote:

So there are a number of individuals on this board suffering from dementia?!!!

Well blow me down!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben is part of the problem and it is quite apparent. Tomlin is also the problem.

No doubt Bell and Brown were two ego-maniacs.

But an arrogant imbecile and another stubborn one were reasons for the two leaving.

Tomlin for Bell

Ben for Brown.

You have to handle ego-maniacs with skill and neither Ben nor Tomlin have proven that they have elite people skills.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 pm 

So many "journalists" out there fishing for a story.

Move the fuck on already. We got rid of the drama after giving you guys easy stories for months.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:47 pm 

Okay who is the poster who got pissed at Ben for not reacting as he hoped after he touched him on the shoulder or something?

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Okay who is the poster who got pissed at Ben for not reacting as he hoped after he touched him on the shoulder or something?

Chicago Steel, I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:51 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

This is a misunderstanding. Knife has been busy with lawsuits on illegal spam faxes and chasin ambulances.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:10 pm 

Reminding me of the OP in 2008 that garnered me a two-year ban from this esteemed website....

Sacred Fuckin' Cows of Steelerfury.com

Said sacred cows...
*Fast Willie Parker
*Mike Tomlin
*Ben Roethlisberger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Maybe these ppl just want their names in the spotlight.

Maybe Ben wants no part of being associated with anyone resembling a piece of trash after all the shit he’s already been thru.

Reading the newspaper while sitting on a water cooler made me laugh.

That's my take on this. After all Ben has been through, can anybody blame him for not wanting to hang around guys that have been busted for drugs like Bell or had domestic issues like Brown has with his GFs? Ben can't afford any more bad press. Imagine him doing an interview high as fuck like Brown did recently. The media would have crucified him. Yeah he's said some dumb things in the media calling out his teammates. Let's face it, people get offended over the smallest shit these days. Americans have become the biggest pussies in the world. Ben has to recognize that and choose his words more carefully. If that's the worst thing he does for the rest of his career, I think we'd all be very happy. Maybe if we didn't have so many pussies on offense they'd actually carry this team to the SB like their talent should.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm 

R S wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

This is a misunderstanding. Knife has been busy with lawsuits on illegal spam faxes and chasin ambulances.

Good living. Family gotta eat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:21 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

Chicago Steel, I believe.

Yes, good call.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 pm 

This was not a problem before
It is a problem now with two players who will say anything to get more money and with a head coach who has zero control over his team and locker because he is either incapabale of it or too lazy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next