It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1199
https://apple.news/A64tTwei-QVqdnbld7fyXWQ

At this point with three people saying the same thing, can we really argue it isn't true?

We could of course dismiss them as snowflakes who need to grow thicker skin, but as even Ben acknowledges, part of being a good leader is knowing your audience.

And if Ben really is as disliked as has been suggested, the team doubling down on it (like colbert's comment from a few weeks ago) can't be good for morale.

I know it's blasphemy around these parts to suggest Ben isn't a perfect angel, but its amazing how often our team drama involves Ben.

_________________
Fire Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 4066
SteelKnife wrote:
https://apple.news/A64tTwei-QVqdnbld7fyXWQ

At this point with three people saying the same thing, can we really argue it isn't true?

We could of course dismiss them as snowflakes who need to grow thicker skin, but as even Ben acknowledges, part of being a good leader is knowing your audience.

And if Ben really is as disliked as has been suggested, the team doubling down on it (like colbert's comment from a few weeks ago) can't be good for morale.

I know it's blasphemy around these parts to suggest Ben isn't a perfect angel, but its amazing how often our team drama involves Ben.

But give me an asshole that can play at an elite level, rather than a ''good guy" you want to have a beer with, that is even above average.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 15175
More Ben trashing I see.... :lol:

_________________
"Tomlin?? The guy is a massive fraud, hes no leader of men, hes an enabler of clowns." GreekSteel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 5109
Is Ben Perfect NO did he ever quit on his team NO .
When people claim he never takes blame for a loss that is also BS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 6822
Location: Rhode Island (behind enemy lines)
Isaac Redman and Josh Harris. That's all I need to know about that article.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 6056
steelmann58 wrote:
Is Ben Perfect NO did he ever quit on his team NO .
When people claim he never takes blame for a loss that is also BS


No question.
It actually is pretty rare for a QB to take as much blame on his shoulders that he has over the years.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58
"Somewhere there's an albatross wearing a locket of Tomlin around his neck." Old School Steeler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24829
Redman didn’t say the same thing as the others.

He did call out the radio critiquing, which I agree Ben should stop doing, but as for Ben keeping to himself and not bonding with players, Redman said “it was never a problem”.

Ben’s never going to be the stereotypical leader some people crave. I’ve resigned myself to that.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 12801
You're going to see Ben lead plenty this upcoming season.

His revenge tour is going to be a wonderful thing to see.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1199
Stosh-67 wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
Is Ben Perfect NO did he ever quit on his team NO .
When people claim he never takes blame for a loss that is also BS


No question.
It actually is pretty rare for a QB to take as much blame on his shoulders that he has over the years.


And it's almost unheard of for a QB to call out his players publicly as much as Ben does.

I'm fine with it when we are winning. We haven't won a superbowl in a decade or made one in 8, despite rosters far more talented than those who have.

_________________
Fire Tomlin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Posts: 421
Ben is not a very charismatic person, it's just not a gift he was born with and apparently, no one has helped him with growing his interpersonal skills. He is a great QB who doesn't connect well with others. When you don't connect with people, much is left to the imagination (why'd he say this/that). Ben's not a magnetic personality and never will be. Doesn't make him a bad teammate. Doesn't make him a problem. Outside of the radio show mentions, or the passive-aggressive things he says against the coaching sometimes, I don't think he's a locker room problem (from 1,000 miles away).

_________________
Amateur photographer who's still learning - see my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/people/fotosbyfree/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:03 am
Posts: 1538
Ben has a wife and three little kids. Gonna be hard to "hang with the boys" on top of everything he has to do to get ready for games.


Also "Hanging with the boys" didn't go so well for Ben earlier in his career if you know what I mean. I am sure he is very careful now about the positions he puts himself in.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13186
SteelKnife wrote:
And it's almost unheard of for a QB to call out his players publicly as much as Ben does.


It's unheard of for a QB to have to tolerate/play with so many undisciplined shit heads.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1468
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

_________________

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2428
SteelKnife wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
Is Ben Perfect NO did he ever quit on his team NO .
When people claim he never takes blame for a loss that is also BS


No question.
It actually is pretty rare for a QB to take as much blame on his shoulders that he has over the years.


And it's almost unheard of for a QB to call out his players publicly as much as Ben does.

I'm fine with it when we are winning. We haven't won a superbowl in a decade or made one in 8, despite rosters far more talented than those who have.


That’s such a BS manufactured narrative. There are numerous examples of other QBs calling out teammates. It just isn’t criticized like when Ben does it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 18266
FC wrote:
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

TRUTH

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1316
Keep it coming. Let the pile on continue. Keep it steady. Stay in the ear of the QB.

Who's next? Gary Russell? Carey Davis?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 5102
SteelKnife wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
Is Ben Perfect NO did he ever quit on his team NO .
When people claim he never takes blame for a loss that is also BS


No question.
It actually is pretty rare for a QB to take as much blame on his shoulders that he has over the years.


And it's almost unheard of for a QB to call out his players publicly as much as Ben does.

I'm fine with it when we are winning. We haven't won a superbowl in a decade or made one in 8, despite rosters far more talented than those who have.


You're back on this bullshit huh?

Peyton Manning...considered one of the best QB's and leaders of his generation said his kicker was an idiot.
He also publicly called out his Oline saying we had "Protection problems"
He also tbagged an athletic trainer back in his college days

Ben actually went out of his way in his first SB win on the podium to proclaim the haters of his Oline can suck a dick
Ben never called out his kicker and this was the year he easily could have done it and everyone would have agreed

Yet 1 is portrayed by the media as a leader of men and the other portrayed as an ass grabbing neanderthal...funny how perception and reality works

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1740
As soon as I saw that Steelknife was OP I took it with a grain of salt.

For those that don’t know what I’m saying? He’s a Ben hater.

Carry on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1740
Oh, and Moncrief said Ben called/texted him right away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1381
RooneyTunes wrote:
Ben has a wife and three little kids. Gonna be hard to "hang with the boys" on top of everything he has to do to get ready for games.


Also "Hanging with the boys" didn't go so well for Ben earlier in his career if you know what I mean. I am sure he is very careful now about the positions he puts himself in.


Not to mention that his wife is PA. They don't have 9-5 jobs. They work shifts at different times throughout the week on occasions. They also have to pull weekend duties. So, maybe Ben doesn't hang because he has responsibilities at home and/or he just might be more of a loner. Nothing wrong with either of those.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 4066
I find it amazing how many Steelers fans hate Ben. For some it stems back to him being ACCUSED (but never even charged) of sexual assault (#NOTME!) or not signing autographs for some asshole kids, or not tipping some fucking waitress, or other shit that has NOTHING TO DO WITH KICKING ASS IN FOOTBALL.... of course I don't care at all about any of that unrelated to football stuff, so he may be my favorite Steeler of all time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1740
44LetzRide wrote:
Ben is not a very charismatic person, it's just not a gift he was born with and apparently, no one has helped him with growing his interpersonal skills. He is a great QB who doesn't connect well with others. When you don't connect with people, much is left to the imagination (why'd he say this/that). Ben's not a magnetic personality and never will be. Doesn't make him a bad teammate. Doesn't make him a problem. Outside of the radio show mentions, or the passive-aggressive things he says against the coaching sometimes, I don't think he's a locker room problem (from 1,000 miles away).


I think it’s odd to say, “he doesn’t connect well with others”. How the hell do you know this? From some JAGs who played for two years?

Odd, because Jerome Bettis said Ben is a stand up guy who he got along with wonderfully. Is there anyone more believable than the Bus that could vouch?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 11043
Image

Ben’s decision to throw deep to Washington in the season finale when asked by Fichtner whom he, Ben, wanted it to go to AFTER Ben had called Washington out tells me all I need to know about Ben.

Ben probably is a jerk. He probably demands a lot. But he apparently does not give up on you, either.

AB is a soft egomaniacal shit head who thinks criticism is a lack of respect. My guess is Ben threw Washington under the bus bc he believes in the guy, not bc he does not. He’s looking at a dude that he thinks has a ton of potential that is not keyed in. Ben isn’t going to put up with it.

Let’s not forget that we are not, for the most part, dealing with MENSA candidates in the locker room.

_________________
#CdnSteelerFanStrong
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 24829
bradshaw2ben wrote:
FC wrote:
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

TRUTH


OK, I’ll bite and play Devil’s Advocate.

Where are Ben’s friends right now...besides Colbert making a PR faux pas in support of him?

They seem pretty silent...

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Another article on Ben being the locker room problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 13186
Hinestuff wrote:
Oh, and Moncrief said Ben called/texted him right away.


but did Ben invite him to his house?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group