It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WR Geronimo Allison anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:07 pm 

He would certainly be a very nice WR4-6....and probably cost little....
Packers tendered restricted free agent WR Geronimo Allison at the original-round level.

Since Allison was an undrafted free agent, the Packers only have the right of first refusal and receive zero compensation should Allison sign with another team. It's a bit odd considering the Packers' lack of proven talent behind Davante Adams at receiver, but perhaps the team was liking what it saw from the rookie trio of Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, and J'Mon Moore in practice late last season. 25-year-old Allison had 20-303-2 in a little over four games before getting injured and missed the rest of the season last year. There's a real chance he gets some play on the open market.

Post subject: Re: WR Geronimo Allison anyone?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 pm 

I'll admit I know very little about Allison, but when I watched the Packers play on more than one occasion I saw Aaron Rodgers screaming at Allison for either dropping passes or running the wrong route.

He really seemed to get under Rodgers' skin.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 pm 

KC wrote:
I'll admit I know very little about Allison, but when I watched the Packers play on more than one occasion I saw Aaron Rodgers screaming at Allison for either dropping passes or running the wrong route.

Started out strong, then faded, then hurt. Over the past three years, he's put some good tape out there also. Not the fastest WR, but I like his game - matchup wise.

Might get it him for close to minumum for one year. Worth a look at a real position of need, imo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 pm 

KC wrote:

Sounds like a potential AB replacement right there
How is his FB live potential?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:30 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
KC wrote:

Sounds like a potential AB replacement right there
How is his FB live potential?

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:12 am 

DP39 wrote:
Packers tendered restricted free agent WR Geronimo Allison at the original-round level.

Since Allison was an undrafted free agent, the Packers only have the right of first refusal and receive zero compensation should Allison sign with another team. It's a bit odd considering the Packers' lack of proven talent behind Davante Adams at receiver, but perhaps the team was liking what it saw from the rookie trio of Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, and J'Mon Moore in practice late last season. 25-year-old Allison had 20-303-2 in a little over four games before getting injured and missed the rest of the season last year. There's a real chance he gets some play on the open market.

NO! In this current PC environment we won't be able to make Injun jokes about his name.

Last edited by Nick79 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:27 am 

Nick79 wrote:
DP39 wrote:

NO! In this current PC environment we aon't be able to make Injun jokes about his name.

You're an idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 am 

Nick79 wrote:
DP39 wrote:

NO! In this current PC environment we aon't be able to make Injun jokes about his name.

Holy fuck man, you might as well drop the N word

There's a difference between the overly PC crowd and being vulgar. But I realize nuance is hard for you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
DP39 wrote:

You're an idiot.

JUST HAVING FUN! Jeez, people make TAME, MILD jokes these days and are treated like Dice Clay at a feminist convention. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's somewhat sad that even this board is going the extreme PC way, the old STILLER'S Board tradition was extreme anti-PC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Nick79 wrote:

You're an idiot.

JUST HAVING FUN! Jeez, people make TAME, MILD jokes these days and are treated like Dice Clay at a feminist convention. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's somewhat sad that even this board is going the extreme PC way, the old STILLER'S Board tradition was extreme anti-PC.

Yeah dude, there was a mass-exodus from Stillers.com for almost that very reason. It was more about slinging mud than actual football talk.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 am 

Re-signed by the Packers...https://twitter.com/JimOwczarski/status ... ar-deal%2F