It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers sign Wr Donte Moncrief
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:39 am 

it's still yggy wrote:
I like it too. Moncrief is a 5 year vet and only 25. Shows he’s an nfl survivor. Get him on the field with a great qb for once.

I'm just happy they got anybody, and at least addressed the position. He 's got 21 TDs in 200 career catches, over 5 years, so it's not like he hasn't done anything. Maybe playing with a guy like Ben will make a difference.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ncDo00.htm

Last edited by Nick79 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:40 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
I think I'm starting to hope we land Hollywood Brown and Ben makes him a Pro Bowler in year 1 while AB struggles with Carr.

Yeah do we really think that the Lers’ would shy away from drafting HB because he’s related to AB?

I guess it’s not totally unreasonable, but if the kid looks that good, you probably should take him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 am 

My gut is just telling me the Steelers are going to draft a TE really high. I feel like they really like Washington, signed Moncrief. I may be wrong but i think KC feels the same way. Wouldnt bother me if they took one high at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am 

I like the signing the team could do a lot worse.

Ok I have to address something real quick.

Anyone who believes the Steelers would even consider drafting "Hollywood" Brown is a crack head.

There is a better chance of me passing a drug test than the Steelers drafting Hollywood Brown

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 am 

FC wrote:

Anyone who believes the Steelers would even consider drafting "Hollywood" Brown is a crack head.

There is a better chance of me passing a drug test than the Steelers drafting Hollywood Brown

Agreed. I think if they did take a wr it would be AJ Brown at 20. Honestly though since we signed Moncrief the pick has to be Bush. I cant see any other any other logical choice there unless someone they like really slips.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
I think I'm starting to hope we land Hollywood Brown and Ben makes him a Pro Bowler in year 1 while AB struggles with Carr.

Dream Scenario.

Just give him #84 and call “hike”.

Absolute dream scenario!

I guess it's time to change my avatar and sig.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:58 am 

FC wrote:

Haha, good one my man. I’ll take ye word for it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

Yeah do we really think that the Lers’ would shy away from drafting HB because he’s related to AB?

I guess it’s not totally unreasonable, but if the kid looks that good, you probably should take him.

Who the fuck calls the Steelers the 'lers? Do you ever say this in conversation with anyone or is this just something you made up thinking you'd look cool on a message board? Either way - fucking annoying!

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:10 am 

In all of the years I’ve been on this site, you are the only schmohawk that gives a shit that I say that. I suggest you direct that passion towards something more constructive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:11 am 

And yes, that is exactly why I say it. I think it makes me look cool on a message board.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:19 am 

franco32 wrote:
This is an EXCELLENT signing. The size and talent are there. He immediately adds a speed element to the offense that can really stretch the D...especially with Big Ben throwing to him. For a QB, the guy has had part-time Luck, Jacoby Brissett, and that abomination Blake Bortles. Let's see him with a top flight franchise QB. I think a lot of people will be surprised.

Does he drop the ball? Sure. But, at least in the Fox stat tracker I saw, it was only 1 drop per 12 catches. That isn't bad at all. He's got better hands than you think.

No one is saying this is AB. But we need WR by committee, and he is an excellent addition.

I'm not as enamored with the 2019 WR class as some are. I think there are some big bodies out there, but they are plodders. Then you have Hollywood Brown with his size and injury issues. AJ Brown is a nice piece but may lack the short area quickness you like. Moncrief is nice insurance at this point.

If I'm the FO, I'm HEAVILY looking at TE now on the offensive side. Vance is injury prone and NO WAY do you go with Grimble all season.

Yup.
Vance gets dinged a game or two and we are looking at Grimble and McGee and Bucky Rodgers?
We have seen the offense when Vance is in the game. Hence, we know what a difference he makes.
Lose him a game or two and nobody is respecting the TE as a pass catcher and it would make finding space for JuJu, Washington, Moncrief, Switaz Rogers, and the RBs'....that much harder.

TE is certainly an early round play.
Can see 2 of the first 4 picks being WR and TE.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am 

Obviously wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

Who the fuck calls the Steelers the 'lers? Do you ever say this in conversation with anyone or is this just something you made up thinking you'd look cool on a message board? Either way - fucking annoying!

This might be the first time we have agreed on something.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:25 am 

I’m good with the first 2 of 4 picks being WR and TE.

Is 20 too high for Fant? What if Hockensen slips?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:26 am 

Fine I’ll stop calling them the Lers’, you miserable fucks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:33 am 

Orangesteel wrote:

'Lers, actually

Apostrophe takes place of the missing letters, like it does with contractions.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 am 

Orangesteel wrote:

i actually dont give a shit what you call them, helps me quickly identify whose post im reading :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 am 

And the only TE id take in the 1st round is Hockenson.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:47 am 

The Packers had Chumura and signed Keith Jackson in '96 and won it all. Get another athletic te and cause some havoc in the secondary.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:48 am 

FC wrote:

i dont THINK they would take him either, but hed be a perfect and seammless fit/replacement for AB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:01 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SP wrote:
Interesting fit. Big guy, a little redundant with JuJu. We’ve got two solid slot WRs with Rogers and Switzer. JuJu is the main guy now. Washington and a draft pick could round things out. I like the signing for depth purposes, but there is such a huge drop off from AB to any of these other guys as a starter.

1.20's going to be a WR, isn't it?

I sure hope 1.20 is one of the Iowa TE's TJ or Fant. Having one of them with Vance will open up field down the middle and take pressure off of our outside Wr's

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 am 

franco32 wrote:
This is an EXCELLENT signing. The size and talent are there. He immediately adds a speed element to the offense that can really stretch the D...especially with Big Ben throwing to him. For a QB, the guy has had part-time Luck, Jacoby Brissett, and that abomination Blake Bortles. Let's see him with a top flight franchise QB. I think a lot of people will be surprised.

Does he drop the ball? Sure. But, at least in the Fox stat tracker I saw, it was only 1 drop per 12 catches. That isn't bad at all. He's got better hands than you think.

No one is saying this is AB. But we need WR by committee, and he is an excellent addition.

I'm not as enamored with the 2019 WR class as some are. I think there are some big bodies out there, but they are plodders. Then you have Hollywood Brown with his size and injury issues. AJ Brown is a nice piece but may lack the short area quickness you like. Moncrief is nice insurance at this point.

If I'm the FO, I'm HEAVILY looking at TE now on the offensive side. Vance is injury prone and NO WAY do you go with Grimble all season.

I agree too. Fant or TJ from Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:13 am 

FC wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:22 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

i actually dont give a shit what you call them, helps me quickly identify whose post im reading :D

As opposed to the bold type on the left with the name of the poster?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 am 

fortythree wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

As opposed to the bold type on the left with the name of the poster?

yes exactly..seriously who cares..fyi i was kidding that i identify him like that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 am 

SP wrote:
For those who aren’t familiar with Moncrief:
He ran a 4.4-second 40 yard dash at 6′ 2″ 221 pounds with a 39.5-inch vertical and a 132-inch broad jump coming out of Ole Miss in 2014. Big guy, very athletic.

Has primarily been a #3 receiving option in his career, lining up on the outside running a lot of possession receiver routes. Digs, curls, etc.

He’s only going to be 26 this year and has essentially had 3 years of his career wasted. One with injury, one with Luck being hurt, and one with Bortles. Still he put up very solid 3rd option stats.

7 TDs in 2016, 6 TDs in 2015

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next