It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers sign Wr Donte Moncrief
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:06 am 

steel wrote:
as i recall, a lot of us wanted him in the draft way back when...

there were a good number of posters here that were interested in Moncrief when he came out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:08 am 

SP wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

just curious Perch..what do you think of Devin Bush

I like him more than B2B does. He’s got good instincts and covers a ton of ground. Could stand to improve in man coverage but he’s good dropping in zone. Lacks some size and will get caught up in the wash. To me he’s like all the rest of these new wave hybrid LBs, Shazier included. You sacrifice some size and physicality for a guy who can play sideline to sideline and cover a ton of ground. He’s one of those, for better or worse.

agreed, i like him as well, i wouldnt be upset if hes the pick at #20.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
SP wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

just curious Perch..what do you think of Devin Bush

I like him more than B2B does. He’s got good instincts and covers a ton of ground. Could stand to improve in man coverage but he’s good dropping in zone. Lacks some size and will get caught up in the wash. To me he’s like all the rest of these new wave hybrid LBs, Shazier included. You sacrifice some size and physicality for a guy who can play sideline to sideline and cover a ton of ground. He’s one of those, for better or worse.

agreed, i like him as well, i wouldnt be upset if hes the pick at #20.

Where are the tackles, Perch? If he covers so much ground? More importantly, why does Bush have more value than Vosean? In 2018, Vosean had more tackles, more pass breakups, more turnovers, same TFL & Sacks. To me, Joseph has the look of a player with a ton more upside than Bush-- who looks pretty much WYSIWYG. I think Bush really need to be Weakside in a 4-3--- he fits that to a T. Joseph might, too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 am 

What about Pratt?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:35 am 

All things now point directly to the BUSH @1.20 8-)

Love the Moncrief pick up ....ALOT.

Jerricho Cotchery experiment 2.0 but younger and more explosive than we he donned the Black and Gold.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:00 am 

cop1211 wrote:
What about Pratt?

I love Pratt. I just think he’s a little older. A little stiffer. A little more maxed out.

Zabo! You’re a die hard PSU fan! You watched that debacle Bush put on tape vs the Nittany Lions and you still think the Steelers should draft him? Wow. One of the worst LB games I watched this year and I saw a LOT of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:07 am 

Will knock Justin Hunter off the roster
Other than that this doesn’t come close to making up for the loss of AB
Hopefully the Steelers scout with a pretty good eye for wide outs has his eye on another because they’re going to need him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:24 am 

SteelDrama wrote:
Hopefully the Steelers scout with a pretty good eye for wide outs has his eye on another because they’re going to need him

If you are waiting for them to find someone that matches ABs talent you will drive yourself crazy this offseason, it's not happening!!

That said, no recent SB winner has had one of the leagues top receivers so I'll be happy if we have Juju and 2 serviceable WRs with a solid TE along with a good running game. Heck, we won the SB with ARE and Cedric Wilson as lol ur 2 and 3.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 am 

Stillerz Bar wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

If you are waiting for them to find someone that matches ABs talent you will drive yourself crazy this offseason, it's not happening!!

That said, no recent SB winner has had one of the leagues top receivers so I'll be happy if we have Juju and 2 serviceable WRs with a solid TE along with a good running game. Heck, we won the SB with ARE and Cedric Wilson as lol ur 2 and 3.

Exactly...they aren’t going to replace AB. That doesn’t mean they can’t find guys that will help them win....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:49 am 

Steel Mike wrote:
He's not a Steeler until he drops a ball and KC dubs him "Donte Monqueef"

I was going for Montqueer myself.

Or Monthief if he does it continually.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 am 

A good signing if it was made for depth and not as the end-all-be-all replacement for AB.

And that's what worries me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:49 am 

This is an EXCELLENT signing. The size and talent are there. He immediately adds a speed element to the offense that can really stretch the D...especially with Big Ben throwing to him. For a QB, the guy has had part-time Luck, Jacoby Brissett, and that abomination Blake Bortles. Let's see him with a top flight franchise QB. I think a lot of people will be surprised.

Does he drop the ball? Sure. But, at least in the Fox stat tracker I saw, it was only 1 drop per 12 catches. That isn't bad at all. He's got better hands than you think.

No one is saying this is AB. But we need WR by committee, and he is an excellent addition.

I'm not as enamored with the 2019 WR class as some are. I think there are some big bodies out there, but they are plodders. Then you have Hollywood Brown with his size and injury issues. AJ Brown is a nice piece but may lack the short area quickness you like. Moncrief is nice insurance at this point.

If I'm the FO, I'm HEAVILY looking at TE now on the offensive side. Vance is injury prone and NO WAY do you go with Grimble all season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 am 

franco32 wrote:
This is an EXCELLENT signing. The size and talent are there. He immediately adds a speed element to the offense that can really stretch the D...especially with Big Ben throwing to him. For a QB, the guy has had part-time Luck, Jacoby Brissett, and that abomination Blake Bortles. Let's see him with a top flight franchise QB. I think a lot of people will be surprised.

Does he drop the ball? Sure. But, at least in the Fox stat tracker I saw, it was only 1 drop per 12 catches. That isn't bad at all. He's got better hands than you think.

No one is saying this is AB. But we need WR by committee, and he is an excellent addition.

I'm not as enamored with the 2019 WR class as some are. I think there are some big bodies out there, but they are plodders. Then you have Hollywood Brown with his size and injury issues. AJ Brown is a nice piece but may lack the short area quickness you like. Moncrief is nice insurance at this point.

If I'm the FO, I'm HEAVILY looking at TE now on the offensive side. Vance is injury prone and NO WAY do you go with Grimble all season.

I'm against drafting or signing any WR with the last name of "Brown".

TE....I dunno. Definitely not against drafting someone in the middle rounds. But it feels like we have much more pressing needs to use a high pick on a TE. And I totally get, and agree with, your point about Vance and injuries. And there's an additional argument there that if both Vance and the new blue chip TE are healthy, we can run a bunch of double TE packages that make us more versatile overall......but still. I'm not sure I trust our brain-trust staff to utilize such a scheme effectively.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:03 am 

Very good pick up.

If there's any money whatsoever left, I go out and get Golden Tate.

Tough, Hines Ward-like bastard who Ben would LOVE.

Add him to JuJu, JW and DM? Hell, you could look for a TE like Fant early and not even worry about a wideout this season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
franco32 wrote:

TE....I dunno. Definitely not against drafting someone in the middle rounds. But it feels like we have much more pressing needs to use a high pick on a TE. And I totally get, and agree with, your point about Vance and injuries. And there's an additional argument there that if both Vance and the new blue chip TE are healthy, we can run a bunch of double TE packages that make us more versatile overall......but still. I'm not sure I trust our brain-trust staff to utilize such a scheme effectively.

If anything happens to Vance (and it likely will with his history) our TE position players would be a fucking joke.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am 

KC wrote:
franco32 wrote:

If anything happens to Vance (and it likely will with his history) our TE position players would be a fucking joke.

Same can be said about the WRs if Ju Ju goes down. And our ILBs and ROLB already are a joke.

Like I said, it's a need, but I don't think it's the top need.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 am 

Same can be said about the WRs if Ju Ju goes down. And our ILBs and ROLB already are a joke.

Like I said, it's a need, but I don't think it's the top need.

JuJu is a lot more trustworthy to be on the field than Vance McDonald. Vance's concussion history is a huge red flag.

That's why I said earlier that if they add a trusted target like Golden Tate (right now, JW and DM cannot be trusted to be major contributors) then Vance and whoever else should be enough at TE.

If we add a WR thru the draft instead, expect the Steelers also to address the TE position in the draft. Early in the draft.

Ben is going to need trusted targets and right now, he simply doesn't have enough of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:00 am 

I like it too. Moncrief is a 5 year vet and only 25. Shows he’s an nfl survivor. Get him on the field with a great qb for once.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:07 am 

I like this signing a lot. He's still fairly young too.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:29 am 

I like the move wonder come draft time we add another Ole Miss Rebel.
I can see the steelers now going a few ways but don't think we can rule out an explosive TE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am 

KC, I’m with you on Tate, but it seems like he’s postering for like $12 million a year. I don’t think we can afford him.

JJSS
MONCRIEF
Washington
Rodgers
Draft Pick
Vanimal
Grimble
Draft Pick

I can roll with this in terms of our passing targets. They need to draft a legit receiver though. What about Harry from ASU or Butler from ISU?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
I can see the steelers now going a few ways but don't think we can rule out an explosive diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:36 am 

I think I'm starting to hope we land Hollywood Brown and Ben makes him a Pro Bowler in year 1 while AB struggles with Carr.

AB Words of Wisdom: "...this be my first meeting with Mr Rooney ever as Antonio Brown the man not AB84 the player in locker! never been to my house; there house; like what AM I Really doing! Less then what you bargain for more than real #Truth"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
I can see the steelers now going a few ways but don't think we can rule out an explosive diarrhea

When KC hacks B2B's account...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:39 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
I think I'm starting to hope we land Hollywood Brown and Ben makes him a Pro Bowler in year 1 while AB struggles with Carr.

Dream Scenario.

Just give him #84 and call “hike”.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next