It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Good Browns Team makes a better rivalry
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:39 am 

I'm hoping the Browns turn it around

I fucking hate the rivalries with the Bungles and Ravens -- never felt "right" to me

A better Browns team will make the AFC North more exciting, and will make Browns-Steelers a powerful rivalry again.

Younger fans don't even know that Steelers-Browns is one of the all-time great rivalries in sports, because the Browns have been bad for so long.

Post subject: Re: A Good Browns Team makes a better rivalry
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:03 am 

I'd be careful what I wish for.

The Browns, as early as this upcoming season, look to have a chance at being a whole lot better than "good".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:05 am 

Fuck the Browns and their sad, pathetic fans. I hope they never have another winning season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:07 am 

steel wrote:

I fucking hate the rivalries with the Bungles and Ravens -- never felt "right" to me

A better Browns team will make the AFC North more exciting, and will make Browns-Steelers a powerful rivalry again.

Younger fans don't even know that Steelers-Browns is one of the all-time great rivalries in sports, because the Browns have been bad for so long.

You don't know anyone from Cleveland, do you? My phone was blowing up last night from Browns fans talking about their upcoming dynasty and the downfall of the Steelers. I'd rather the Browns stay in the basement.

The strangest thing about this rivalry is that, with the exception of maybe two or three seasons, these teams have never really been good at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 am 

Sometimes it takes a change in the FO to get things rolling. Dorsey seems to have been given full control and they have the $$$ to spend while Mayfield is on his rookie contract. Wait till they have to pay him $30 mill/year, then they will fly back down to the bottom again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:19 am 

My favorite Browns years were from 95-99. Wish we could go back. Fuck the Browns and their obnoxious, overbearing fans. The news this morning in Ohio was all Super Bowl talk. Its disgusting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm 

Ravens get Earl Thomas, Browns OBJ, and we lock up Shazier for another season. Going to be a competitive 2019. NOT!!!

For all the FUCK THE BROWNS rhetoric around here, I'm leaning toward FUCK THE STEELERS. I mean, if Deuce and Colbert don't care to improve this team, then why back them? It's not like the lean years when we had too many holes to fill to field a winner. This team will have a losing season in 2019. Our competition has gotten better and we are going backwards.

I hope the Browns have an amazing season and not only sweep us, but embarass us. Because thats what we deserve.

GO BROWNS!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:46 pm 

I don't buy the Browns hype. Baker had a nice rookie season. Still don't think he is the franchise player he is being made out to be.

Let's see how things go when they actually start playing football.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:48 pm 

JJT wrote:
I don't buy the Browns hype. Baker had a nice rookie season. Still don't think he is the franchise player he is being made out to be.

Let's see how things go when they actually start playing football.

Agree on Baker. What did i miss last year that have people annointing him as a god? He had a few good games but he had some shit shows to. People act like he was Mahomes last year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm 

steel wrote:

I'd rather they suck and have two guaranteed wins most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 pm 

steel wrote:

It really never was a decent rivalry, though. Cleveland dominated the 50's and 60's vs. some really bad Pittsburgh teams. Then the two teams reversed direction in the 70's and Pittsburgh would dominate. The 80's were better to Cleveland but since the beginning of the 90's the Steelers have dominated. Maybe a couple of years here and there the team's were equally matched but not many.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

"I work in a bank." - Demetreus Gore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:34 pm 

JaySteel72 wrote:
My favorite Browns years were from 95-99. Wish we could go back. Fuck the Browns and their obnoxious, overbearing fans. The news this morning in Ohio was all Super Bowl talk. Its disgusting.

People dont get it unless you live here. I hate that fucking team more then any other, Bengals, Ravens, not even close.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 pm 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:

People dont get it unless you live here. I hate that fucking team more then any other, Bengals, Ravens, not even close.

I get it. I live in New England.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:42 pm 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:

Yep...
If I had to choose between the Browns winning their one and only Super Bowl next year, or the Pats winning the next 5, I’d pick the Pats.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:

Yep...
If I had to choose between the Browns winning their one and only Super Bowl next year, or the Pats winning the next 5, I’d pick the Pats.

Let's not get crazy now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:13 pm 

JackLambert58 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

Yep...

Let's not get crazy now.

That’s me personally. I’m not obsessed with the Pats winning like some others are. They are a better team and organization than the Steelers from top to bottom, and it’s not even close. They are going to win more Super Bowls..accept it.
On top of that, I don’t have to deal with Pats fans other than my future son in law. I’m surrounded by Browns fans. Family, friends, co-workers...everywhere. They’re being loud and obnoxious right now, just over a few off-season moves. If they’d ever win a Super Bowl, I would need to move. :lol:
I stick by what I said.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:32 pm 

I'd prefer the Browns, Ravens, Bengals all to suck giving us six wins on our way to home field.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
I'd prefer the Browns, Ravens, Bengals all to suck giving us six wins on our way to home field.

Put me down for this too. The best the Steelers/Browns rivalry has ever been is the past 14 years where we’ve throughly dominated them. I’m old enough to remember back when the Steelers finally passed the Browns in the all time rivalry in wins.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:00 am 

SP wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

Put me down for this too. The best the Steelers/Browns rivalry has ever been is the past 14 years where we’ve throughly dominated them. I’m old enough to remember back when the Steelers finally passed the Browns in the all time rivalry in wins.

I'm old enough to remember busloads of drunkards from Cleveland, with bulbous fuckin' noses, hanging out the window as the all you can drink and a game ticket for $20 bus pulled up to Pitt Stadium, scaring the shit out of a fat 11-year-old attending youth day for $1 for an end zone seat atop Cardiac Hill.

I'm old enough to remember Willie Stargell and Dock Ellis in those same seats, drinking wine out of a paper bag. Old enough to remember Lou "The Toe" Groza missing an extra point, Paul Martha, with a pick, sealing the upset win over the defending Eastern Conference Champion Browns, two years removed from their last NFL Championship.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 am 

JackLambert58 wrote:
steel wrote:

It really never was a decent rivalry, though. Cleveland dominated the 50's and 60's vs. some really bad Pittsburgh teams. Then the two teams reversed direction in the 70's and Pittsburgh would dominate. The 80's were better to Cleveland but since the beginning of the 90's the Steelers have dominated. Maybe a couple of years here and there the team's were equally matched but not many.

Those 70s teams with Brian Sipe were pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 am 

Jeemie wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
steel wrote:

Those 70s teams with Brian Sipe were pretty good.

So 78 & 79? Steelers still dominated them then. The Browns started to get the better of it in 1980. Like Jack said, Hall Monitor.

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 am 

Those Browns teams in 78 and 79 gave us fits and we barely beat them. The two games at Three Rivers those years were epic games, especially the one in 79. We were trying to keep the jinx alive those years. The 1980 game in Pitt was epic as well. There is a site called Mcmillan and Wife that has all those games in great quality. The site is a Steelers fan who grew up in the 70s dream.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 am 

How's this for a stat:

Since 2001, the Steelers and Ravens have met in the playoffs 4 times.

Since 1967 (when the NFL went to divisions), the Steelers and Browns have made the playoffs only 5 times in the same season.