It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell takes a PAYCUT!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:41 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Yes Swiss, it is realistic to have hope.

Because we didn’t win any rings with either Bell or Brown on the roster, so there’s no call to believe we’re suddenly going to collapse without them on the roster.

And more to the point, since you’re talking about being realistic...

THEY...WERE...NEVER...COMING...BACK.

Everyone but you knew this...you were still talking about the situation with Brown being “salvageable” as late as a week ago.

So don’t talk to me about realism.

So...Steelers have on their roster arguably the game's premier running back AND wide receiver. They win no rings. Take those two guys off of the roster, and we're supposed to be brimming with hope???

This must be the new math, according to Jeemie, former oboe player in the Penn State Blue Band, author of 25,000 posts, roughly half of which call attention to little bullshit errors of fact, grammer and remembrance.

So Steelers lose AB and sign Dante Moncrief, and all of a sudden the assembled populace of this esteemed website are believers in James Washington as well, after castigating the kid for the majority of last season.

We lose Leveon Bell, but we're okay with the guy who fumbled twice in big spots last year, and yes....Steelers WOULD HAVE won the Browns game and thus made the playoffs, had he held onto the ball vs. Cleveland with seven minutes left and a 14-point lead.

Sorry I'm not buying the Steelers equivalent of Arab Spring.

Yes Swiss...because sometimes addition by subtraction is a thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:46 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Yes Swiss, it is realistic to have hope.

Because we didn’t win any rings with either Bell or Brown on the roster, so there’s no call to believe we’re suddenly going to collapse without them on the roster.

And more to the point, since you’re talking about being realistic...

THEY...WERE...NEVER...COMING...BACK.

Everyone but you knew this...you were still talking about the situation with Brown being “salvageable” as late as a week ago.

So don’t talk to me about realism.

So...Steelers have on their roster arguably the game's premier running back AND wide receiver. They win no rings. Take those two guys off of the roster, and we're supposed to be brimming with hope???

This must be the new math, according to Jeemie, former oboe player in the Penn State Blue Band, author of 25,000 posts, roughly half of which call attention to little bullshit errors of fact, grammer and remembrance.

So Steelers lose AB and sign Dante Moncrief, and all of a sudden the assembled populace of this esteemed website are believers in James Washington as well, after castigating the kid for the majority of last season.

We lose Leveon Bell, but we're okay with the guy who fumbled twice in big spots last year, and yes....Steelers WOULD HAVE won the Browns game and thus made the playoffs, had he held onto the ball vs. Cleveland with seven minutes left and a 14-point lead.

Ever hear of the word synergy?
A team of all stars doesn't always work...maybe in Basketball and baseball but not in football. You need guys who are pulling FOR EACH OTHER, not pulling them apart.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm 

steel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Bell's replacement fumbled away two wins.

never thought i'd see it here -- but swiss has become a troll -- sad day

Yes, departing from accepted wisdom of group think = troll.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:54 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
steel wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Nah. I understand words and context.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

no, you don't

there was no context - i posted the entire sentence from the troll-post that he wrote

here it is again: Bell's replacement fumbled away two wins.

I'll stand by my comment, Steel.

*Against Cleveland, per my memory, Steelers had a 14-point lead, and the ball when Connor fumbled with seven minutes left. He doesn't fumble, Steelers win. What part of that don't you understand??

*Against Denver, last play of 3Q, Connor fumbles on Denver's 23 yard line with Steelers about to go ahead. Denver then drives for winning TD. What part of THAT don't you understand?

Connor accounted for himself well last season. He is NOT Leveon Bell.

In theory I’d love to have someone with Bell’s talent on the Steelers but in truth he’s at the point where he is more trouble than he is worth.

Also, much to my surprise, there wasn’t much difference in production - here are the numbers for our leading rusher for the last three seasons (in order of yards per carry)

12 games 200+ carries 4.8 yards per carry 4 fumbles 75 receptions 8.2 yard per catch
    13 games 200+ carries 4.5 yards per carry 4 fumbles 55 reception 9.0 yards per catch
    15 games 300+ carries 4.0 yards per carry 3 fumbles 85 receptions 7.7 yards per catch

In truth, without names the numbers just aren’t that different including fumbles. Heck, Bell fumbled out of bounds but short on a 3rd and 1 in the Cowboys game in 2016 that we lost by 4 points resulting in one of only 3 punts for the Steelers all day. Steelers win that game and the get a bye and perhaps are more rested to play the Pats in the AFCC. He also fumbled in a game we lost against the Pats that year on a drive that resulted in no points - win that game and we host the AFCC

Of course that is a woulda, coulda, shoulda and I agree that at this point Conner is not what Bell was (and may or may not be now) but to say that Conner is the only one who fumbled and potentially cost us an important game is forgetting some of what really happened.

Straight up talent, Bell over Conner - yes
Current version of Bell at the $15 mil the Steelers offered him last year over Conner on a rookie deal, I’m not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:09 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

We can say the same about more than one game and one person last season. If ben had gone back into the Oakland game even 1 drive earlier we probably win that and are in the playoffs. If grimble just does the easy thing and get the ball in the end zone we win that game and go to the playoffs. If the D makes an effort against Baltimore 1 last year we go to the playoffs. If we don't spot the chiefs 21 points in 15 minutes we could have won that game and gone to the playoffs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am 

stillthere wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

We can say the same about more than one game and one person last season. If ben had gone back into the Oakland game even 1 drive earlier we probably win that and are in the playoffs. If grimble just does the easy thing and get the ball in the end zone we win that game and go to the playoffs. If the D makes an effort against Baltimore 1 last year we go to the playoffs. If we don't spot the chiefs 21 points in 15 minutes we could have won that game and gone to the playoffs.

There's a bit of a difference StillThere. Ben goes back in earlier, one would think Steelers likely win. Grimble scores...in the first half, Steelers have a better shot to win. D makes an effort vs. Baltimore? WTF does that mean?

However, Steelers get the ball with 7 minutes left and a 7-point lead against the non-Baker Mayfield Browns, with a 14-point lead, only way Steelers don't win that game is if they gift it away. And the Connor fumble, which I believe Browns returned to the 1 (maybe I'm wrong on that), was wrapped in bright paper with a bow on it. Connor doesn't fumble in that spot, virtually no way Steelers don't win.

Go ahead and quote ESPN, all the production stats, all the varied opinions about the import of a running back. Connor's no Leveon Bell...not many are.

Hope you asshats are right, and I'm wrong. I kind of don't think so, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:52 am 

Guys, Swiss is a man child, and I’m sure it’s not just on this “esteemed website”.

Only dude out there thinking these situations were salvageable.

Quit wasting your time with him already.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 am 

The douchebag hinestuff heard from once again. And on what do you base your assessment of me? Sorry for thinking that if the best players are removed from a team that did not make the playoffs, that team is then even less likely to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 am 

Getting to the point where if your sole discussion of James Conner is that he fumbled away a win, I want to just go on to the next post because that's such a narrow minded view that its impossible to take seriously.

Guy probably won them a few games last year as well. The good far outweighed the bad... far far outweighed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:24 am 

Hey, JuJu fumbled away a possible win.
Boz fucked up how many times? How many times did he save the steelers this year?
Methinks it's zero.

Either way, arguing over a fumble and whether a guy single handedly lost a game is like spitting in the wind. Everyone loves to talk about teamwork, and how bell and brown weren't "team," yet here arguments are based on individual play and how it lost a game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 am 

ToddHaleysNineIron wrote:
Getting to the point where if your sole discussion of James Conner is that he fumbled away a win, I want to just go on to the next post because that's such a narrow minded view that its impossible to take seriously.

Guy probably won them a few games last year as well. The good far outweighed the bad... far far outweighed.

Not so...I agree that Connor, despite one fumble coating his team a win, and another contributing mightily to a loss, far exceeded expectations. That said, I think the assembled asshats here are minimizing just how talented the duo are that signed elsewhere this wrek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am 

I'm not convinced the thing that was keeping us from the promised land all these years was the distraction of our 2 best offensive playmakers. And somehow removing them will allow the team to regain focus and forge ahead...

While I agree Bell and AB were not salvageable - and they needed to go. I dont hold the same optimism (yet) that our team will somehow be better.

People are quoting our running stats last year - but don't forget that was with AB in the lineup for most of the season - perhaps the most feared individual offensive skill player in the league. Remove him and we'll see how that impacts the way teams approach us defensively.

While I really like what Conner has shown, I would like to see another full season of him carrying the load. The same goes for JJSS.

I do believe in the merits of addition by subtraction in certain cases- but nothing about this team has shown me that they were a removal of AB away from the SB.

And for those saying we never won a SB with AB and Bell - so who cares - there are two ways to look at that. It may be just as possible that this team never won a SB EVEN with AB and Bell.

I am planning to go into this season with optimism, in the hopes that somehow we are better off. But as of now, I have no faith in our HC and our DC to right the ship. The only thing that kept us relevant over the last few years was our offense - so here's hoping Conner, JJSS, Moncrief and Washington give us enough firepower to overcome our other deficiencies... Here's hoping we ace the draft and land another FA or two.. And here's hoping that the loss of Munchak doesnt adversely affect perhaps our single greatest component - the O-line that allows for everything else to fall in to place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 am 

Fuck Bell....

Quote:
LE’VEON’S $$$$$
• On this subject, I’m going to allow people with no direct connection to the Steelers to assess how Le’Veon Bell did with the strategy he employed in his quest to re-set the market for running backs in the NFL so as not to be accused of bias.

• Let’s begin with si.com’s Albert Breer:

• “Since the numbers are in, let's compare the Steelers offer vs. the Jets deal,” Breer tweeted. “Through Year 1: Steelers $19.5M, Jets $14.5M. Through Year 2: Steelers $33.0M, Jets $26M. Through Year 3: Steelers $45.0M, Jets $39.5M ... Not much to argue here. Pittsburgh's offer was better.”

• From Manish Mehta, longtime NFL writer and Jets beat writer for the New York Daily News: “Bottom line: Jets made a smart, savvy deal for Le’Veon Bell,” Mehta tweeted. “Basically a 2-year, $26 million deal. Again, Bell is getting a lot of money. But it is undeniable that he would have been better off taking the Steelers deal earlier … or even playing on the $14.5M franchise tag last year. My quick math on Le’Veon Bell’s salary cap number for the Jets: 2019: $8.5M; 2020: $13.5M; 2021: $15.5M; 2022: $17M. There’s no way to sugarcoat it: The Jets dominated this deal.”

• Finally, from Joe Banner, former team president of the Philadelphia Eagles and Cleveland Browns: “In Steelers proposal to Bell at the end of 2019 season he would’ve pocketed $33M,” tweeted Banner. “In the deal he got (from the Jets) he will be at $14.5M. Behind by almost $20M. This may be the worst contract decision we have ever seen a player make, and it should’ve been obvious to him and his agent.”

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola- ... per-champs

That Is All!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am 

swissvale72 wrote:

Not so...I agree that Connor, despite one fumble coating his team a win, and another contributing mightily to a loss, far exceeded expectations. That said, I think the assembled asshats here are minimizing just how talented the duo are that signed elsewhere this wrek

I disagree on Bell. He slows down the offense. 2014 Bell was a different player. Bell's juking in and of itself is overrated, it doesn't go anywhere anymore, scares nooone, not a good fit for today's game. The plays over 20 yds have disappeared. We need to get the football into the hands of younger quicker RBs in space and take better advantage of today's game with the middle of the field wide open.

Let's see how good a slimmer version (I'm hoping) of Samuels can become. Swiss army knife, Swiss :)

The most talented player in football context is still on the team. That's Ben. If AB could throw the football then maybe he could have been the most talented player on the team but he can't so he's not.

Our offense was 6th in the league in 2005 in Pts/Dr. The highest we ever ranked with AB and Bell was 5th. The offense with AB and Bell was nothing special.

Spread the defense out with capable weapons everywhere, get creative, let Ben go to work in an equal opportunity offense and let's see what happens.

14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Fuck Bell....

Quote:
LE’VEON’S $$$$$
• On this subject, I’m going to allow people with no direct connection to the Steelers to assess how Le’Veon Bell did with the strategy he employed in his quest to re-set the market for running backs in the NFL so as not to be accused of bias.

• Let’s begin with si.com’s Albert Breer:

• “Since the numbers are in, let's compare the Steelers offer vs. the Jets deal,” Breer tweeted. “Through Year 1: Steelers $19.5M, Jets $14.5M. Through Year 2: Steelers $33.0M, Jets $26M. Through Year 3: Steelers $45.0M, Jets $39.5M ... Not much to argue here. Pittsburgh's offer was better.”

• From Manish Mehta, longtime NFL writer and Jets beat writer for the New York Daily News: “Bottom line: Jets made a smart, savvy deal for Le’Veon Bell,” Mehta tweeted. “Basically a 2-year, $26 million deal. Again, Bell is getting a lot of money. But it is undeniable that he would have been better off taking the Steelers deal earlier … or even playing on the $14.5M franchise tag last year. My quick math on Le’Veon Bell’s salary cap number for the Jets: 2019: $8.5M; 2020: $13.5M; 2021: $15.5M; 2022: $17M. There’s no way to sugarcoat it: The Jets dominated this deal.”

• Finally, from Joe Banner, former team president of the Philadelphia Eagles and Cleveland Browns: “In Steelers proposal to Bell at the end of 2019 season he would’ve pocketed $33M,” tweeted Banner. “In the deal he got (from the Jets) he will be at $14.5M. Behind by almost $20M. This may be the worst contract decision we have ever seen a player make, and it should’ve been obvious to him and his agent.”

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola- ... per-champs

That Is All!

Eagles and Pats doing it with RB by committee, Gurley going out and Anderson coming in with the Rams not missing a beat, and other teams- including the Steelers- showing that RB, even pass-catching RB, is a commodity killed Bell’s strategy.

And he and his agent should have seen it coming.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:58 am 

the-other-burg wrote:
I'm not convinced the thing that was keeping us from the promised land all these years was the distraction of our 2 best offensive playmakers. And somehow removing them will allow the team to regain focus and forge ahead...

While I agree Bell and AB were not salvageable - and they needed to go. I dont hold the same optimism (yet) that our team will somehow be better.

People are quoting our running stats last year - but don't forget that was with AB in the lineup for most of the season - perhaps the most feared individual offensive skill player in the league. Remove him and we'll see how that impacts the way teams approach us defensively.

While I really like what Conner has shown, I would like to see another full season of him carrying the load. The same goes for JJSS.

I do believe in the merits of addition by subtraction in certain cases- but nothing about this team has shown me that they were a removal of AB away from the SB.

And for those saying we never won a SB with AB and Bell - so who cares - there are two ways to look at that. It may be just as possible that this team never won a SB EVEN with AB and Bell.

I am planning to go into this season with optimism, in the hopes that somehow we are better off. But as of now, I have no faith in our HC and our DC to right the ship. The only thing that kept us relevant over the last few years was our offense - so here's hoping Conner, JJSS, Moncrief and Washington give us enough firepower to overcome our other deficiencies... Here's hoping we ace the draft and land another FA or two.. And here's hoping that the loss of Munchak doesnt adversely affect perhaps our single greatest component - the O-line that allows for everything else to fall in to place.

As has been pointed out by others on this, OP, I'm generally optimistic, always liking the Steelers chances, picking them to win, etc. Not so this time, though I''m sure that by the time the season rolls around, this fucker Tomlin, like the Little Bitch Lucy, to whom I compare him, will have me believing once again, that Charlie Brown really WILL kick the football.

I understand addition by subtraction, suppose that it works sometime, but I'm much more of a believe in addition by addition, or at least addition by enhancement. I'm just not buying that we lose these two enormous talents, particularly Antonio Brown, and somehow end up the better. The optimism I see on this esteemed website seems to be based on a ton of speculative expectation, much of it with little basis, such as...
*Steelers will kill it in free agency
*Steelers will kill it in the draft
*Watch out for Ben with a chip on his shoulder
*Steelers do better as underdogs

I'm sort of calling bullshit on all of those. Again, hope the optimists are right....really, really hope I'm wrong. As I wrote on this site years ago....

SBI > Being Right

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:12 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
the-other-burg wrote:

As has been pointed out by others on this, OP, I'm generally optimistic, always liking the Steelers chances, picking them to win, etc. Not so this time, though I''m sure that by the time the season rolls around, this fucker Tomlin, like the Little Bitch Lucy, to whom I compare him, will have me believing once again, that Charlie Brown really WILL kick the football.

I understand addition by subtraction, suppose that it works sometime, but I'm much more of a believe in addition by addition, or at least addition by enhancement. I'm just not buying that we lose these two enormous talents, particularly Antonio Brown, and somehow end up the better. The optimism I see on this esteemed website seems to be based on a ton of speculative expectation, much of it with little basis, such as...
*Steelers will kill it in free agency
*Steelers will kill it in the draft
*Watch out for Ben with a chip on his shoulder
*Steelers do better as underdogs

I'm sort of calling bullshit on all of those. Again, hope the optimists are right....really, really hope I'm wrong. As I wrote on this site years ago....

SBI > Being Right

We didn't make the playoffs with Antonio Brown on the roster and in the locker room last season.

Bouchette reported that Brown quit on his team 3 times. The final time coincidentally, right after JuJu was voted Team MVP....by his teammates.

He'll be missed on the field for sure. Enough to ruin the Steelers chances next year? Fuck no.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:42 pm 

Havoc wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I disagree on Bell. He slows down the offense. 2014 Bell was a different player. Bell's juking in and of itself is overrated, it doesn't go anywhere anymore, scares nooone, not a good fit for today's game. The plays over 20 yds have disappeared. We need to get the football into the hands of younger quicker RBs in space and take better advantage of today's game with the middle of the field wide open.

Let's see how good a slimmer version (I'm hoping) of Samuels can become. Swiss army knife, Swiss :)

The most talented player in football context is still on the team. That's Ben. If AB could throw the football then maybe he could have been the most talented player on the team but he can't so he's not.

Our offense was 6th in the league in 2005 in Pts/Dr. The highest we ever ranked with AB and Bell was 5th. The offense with AB and Bell was nothing special.

Spread the defense out with capable weapons everywhere, get creative, let Ben go to work in an equal opportunity offense and let's see what happens.

Havoc’s post is a must read. Stated perfectly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:19 am 

https://nypost.com/2019/03/20/leveon-bell-i-can-be-even-more-dangerous-with-jets/

Quote:
Le’Veon Bell: I can be even more dangerous with Jets

Le’Veon Bell believes he has not yet played his best.

The new Jets running back believes he can be even better than he was with the Steelers now that he is in a new uniform.

“Through this whole time,” Bell said in an interview with Sports Illustrated, “I’m still thinking, the first five years in Pittsburgh, people ain’t really seen it yet. Because I still feel like while I was in Pittsburgh, they wasn’t trying to let me go crazy, like, really let me put my foot on the pedal. I feel like now I am in a better situation. I made that bet on myself — a team’s gonna want me, they’re gonna value me, they’re gonna want me to succeed, put me in the right situations to make the plays easier for me, not harder.”

Bell was a workhorse for the Steelers. He had 406 touches in 2017 before sitting out last year during a contract dispute. He ran for 1,361 yards in 2014 and crossed the 1,200 mark again in 2016 and ’17.

Still, he thinks he can be better.

“I know I can do more,” Bell said. “That’s not anywhere close to being my potential or my ceiling. In Pittsburgh, we had a lot of weapons, a lot. So I feel like in Pittsburgh, people felt like everybody gotta get the ball or do this, that or the other. I don’t feel like I had a lot of opportunities like I could have.”

In the wide-ranging interview, Bell shed some light on the negotiations with the Jets. Even though the contract did not hit the $15 million annual average value he was hoping to land in free agency but the four-year, $52.5 million contract the Jets gave him does have incentives and escalators that could push the value to $15 million per year.

“I understand the base salary is $13.1 or whatever it is,” Bell said. “But there are incentives to where you have the ability to make $15 million. They met me in the middle. Yeah, we know you want $15 million a year. They know that’s what I ultimately wanted, but, you sat out football all year. So you gotta understand us—I’m talking as the Jets—you still gotta understand us, from our side, we gotta protect ourselves. We can’t put all this in there and you’re still not the same player. …. So if I go out there, I’m the same player, I go out there and do what Le’Veon Bell does, what they expect me to do, I can meet that. That’s something I can agree to. Easy deal.”

Bell also said he clicked with Jets coach Adam Gase.

“When I talked to coach Gase, I felt like me and him were on the same level,” he said. “He’s not talking to me like I’m under him. He’s the head coach, but he’s talking to me like we’re on the same level. When I talked to the GM [Mike Maccagnan], he talked to me [and] we’re on the same level. This is a guy that is higher than me, don’t get me wrong, he’s the GM. But it’s like we’re talking like we’re talking – you respect me, I respect you.”

Bell said he and Gase talked about plays he likes, something that did not happen with Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

“[Gase] is excited. I’m excited,” Bell said. “He’s talked to me about plays I like and designs and what routes and things I like to run and how comfortable I am with playing other positions. We’ve talked. That’s why I’m so excited because I feel comfortable enough to even talk to him like that, like we should try to run this. I would never go to coach Tomlin. I remember like my rookie year, when I was coming into camp, I remember there was a play and I was like ‘I like this play, we should try to run this play.’ Coach Tomlin was like, ‘shut up L Bell, you just run the ball.’”

So now it comes out. I was not aware that the Steelers were holding Rapping Lev back by not letting him really put the pedal to the metal. I am very glad he did everything he could to break the shackles that the Steeler's organization were putting on him. I am shocked he could even bear to live in the city when he was being so under-utilized. Fucking clown. Good to know he clicks with Adam Gase. Holy hell I am so much more happy he didn't sign any of the deals offered to him the last few off seasons.

I also love the spin of the Steelers had to many weapons and they could not give me the ball enough when one of his biggest issues last year was him getting to much wear and tear on his body. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:15 am 

AB and Bell gone - it doesn’t bother me.

What does....the Steelers stalked these guys and put up with countless loads of shit from both of them. Especially AB - he has been acting like a queen for years and they turned the cheek and rewarded the behavior by paying him multiple times. What would have Belicheck done? Traded him for multiple 1’s. We patiently wait for the cancer to get better until his market value is shit! Joke of an organization.

The cancer is cut but we still have the 3 stooges running things- yay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:29 am 

Everyone knows what BB would've done. He had a serial killer on his team that he never cut or traded.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:46 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Everyone knows what BB would've done. He had a serial killer on his team that he never cut or traded.

True story. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:54 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

There is only one major problem with your thinking ....who gives a flying a fuck? He wins SB’s!

You watch this sport because the Ronneys are good people? Bullshit. You watch because you want winners. You want people who want to win. Can’t do it. Won’t do it. I want winners.

I personally don’t care if it’s Jeffrey Daumer handing off to John Wayne Gasey and passing to Ted Bundy.

I want another dynasty. Not a 3 Stooges marathon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:31 am 

stillthere wrote:
https://nypost.com/2019/03/20/leveon-bell-i-can-be-even-more-dangerous-with-jets/

Quote:
Le’Veon Bell: I can be even more dangerous with Jets

Le’Veon Bell believes he has not yet played his best.

The new Jets running back believes he can be even better than he was with the Steelers now that he is in a new uniform.

“Through this whole time,” Bell said in an interview with Sports Illustrated, “I’m still thinking, the first five years in Pittsburgh, people ain’t really seen it yet. Because I still feel like while I was in Pittsburgh, they wasn’t trying to let me go crazy, like, really let me put my foot on the pedal. I feel like now I am in a better situation. I made that bet on myself — a team’s gonna want me, they’re gonna value me, they’re gonna want me to succeed, put me in the right situations to make the plays easier for me, not harder.”

Bell was a workhorse for the Steelers. He had 406 touches in 2017 before sitting out last year during a contract dispute. He ran for 1,361 yards in 2014 and crossed the 1,200 mark again in 2016 and ’17.

Still, he thinks he can be better.

“I know I can do more,” Bell said. “That’s not anywhere close to being my potential or my ceiling. In Pittsburgh, we had a lot of weapons, a lot. So I feel like in Pittsburgh, people felt like everybody gotta get the ball or do this, that or the other. I don’t feel like I had a lot of opportunities like I could have.”

In the wide-ranging interview, Bell shed some light on the negotiations with the Jets. Even though the contract did not hit the $15 million annual average value he was hoping to land in free agency but the four-year, $52.5 million contract the Jets gave him does have incentives and escalators that could push the value to $15 million per year.

“I understand the base salary is $13.1 or whatever it is,” Bell said. “But there are incentives to where you have the ability to make $15 million. They met me in the middle. Yeah, we know you want $15 million a year. They know that’s what I ultimately wanted, but, you sat out football all year. So you gotta understand us—I’m talking as the Jets—you still gotta understand us, from our side, we gotta protect ourselves. We can’t put all this in there and you’re still not the same player. …. So if I go out there, I’m the same player, I go out there and do what Le’Veon Bell does, what they expect me to do, I can meet that. That’s something I can agree to. Easy deal.”

Bell also said he clicked with Jets coach Adam Gase.

“When I talked to coach Gase, I felt like me and him were on the same level,” he said. “He’s not talking to me like I’m under him. He’s the head coach, but he’s talking to me like we’re on the same level. When I talked to the GM [Mike Maccagnan], he talked to me [and] we’re on the same level. This is a guy that is higher than me, don’t get me wrong, he’s the GM. But it’s like we’re talking like we’re talking – you respect me, I respect you.”

Bell said he and Gase talked about plays he likes, something that did not happen with Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

“[Gase] is excited. I’m excited,” Bell said. “He’s talked to me about plays I like and designs and what routes and things I like to run and how comfortable I am with playing other positions. We’ve talked. That’s why I’m so excited because I feel comfortable enough to even talk to him like that, like we should try to run this. I would never go to coach Tomlin. I remember like my rookie year, when I was coming into camp, I remember there was a play and I was like ‘I like this play, we should try to run this play.’ Coach Tomlin was like, ‘shut up L Bell, you just run the ball.’”

So now it comes out. I was not aware that the Steelers were holding Rapping Lev back by not letting him really put the pedal to the metal. I am very glad he did everything he could to break the shackles that the Steeler's organization were putting on him. I am shocked he could even bear to live in the city when he was being so under-utilized. Fucking clown. Good to know he clicks with Adam Gase. Holy hell I am so much more happy he didn't sign any of the deals offered to him the last few off seasons.

I also love the spin of the Steelers had to many weapons and they could not give me the ball enough when one of his biggest issues last year was him getting to much wear and tear on his body. :lol:

Trashing his former HC after signing with the Jets... what a clown and a scumbag. The same HC that everyone else (except AB) seems to like playing for.

14 yds Ben to JuJu/12 yds Ben to JuJu/23 yds Ben to JuJu/17 yds Ben to AB/Inc/12 yds Ben to AB/13 yds Ben to Switz//Inc/Inc/TD 3 yds Ben to AB/26 yds Ben to AB/20 yds Ben to JuJu/Inc/TD 20 yds Ben to AB

Up by 4, pull the plug. Fire Mike Tomlin.

Last edited by Havoc on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:54 am 

Technically, Bell's deal is worth a little less than $1M less per year than PIT offered.

And if you think he had only so many carries left, then this gamble cost him only about $1M per year ($3-$4M). This is interesting because he apparently wanted $15M per year from PIT, so he ended-up holding out over about 7% more money.

If you say he's more likely to be cut after 2 years with the Jets, then it's something like $26M vs. 3 years with PIT hauling in $45M....or losing $19M!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next